(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,733 posts
  • 227 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by mollyspub
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9325 (resized).jpeg
20230708_172458 (resized).jpg
Indy 500 Plastic (2) (resized).jpg
Indy Race Track (2) (resized).png
Indy 500 Wire Guide (resized).jpg
moo (resized).png
IMG_9123 (resized).jpg
IMG_9121 (resized).jpg
IMG_9113 (resized).jpg
IMG_9115 (resized).jpg
IMG_9116 (resized).jpg
IMG_9112 (resized).jpg
IMG_9109 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tortelvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#160 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I had someone offer me $4K for mine, and I wouldn't sell it. The pin is awesome!

I think I actually offered you more than that.

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

LOL! Indeed you did ...
So what's the deal? You still haven't found one?

I am still looking for one with minimal cab fade. I've got cash in hand if anyone on here is thinking about selling. Or if anyone knows of any leads, I would be grateful.

5 months later
#279 10 years ago
Quoted from kruzman:

Hello everybody, first time on this thread, and I don't have the time to read it all, but I wanted to post that I just restored an I500 pf for my self, and I will not be using it. The pf is mistakable for nos, its that darn good. If anyone is interested, I am interested in trading or selling. here is my email
[email protected]
cheers

PM Sent.

3 months later
#382 9 years ago

Just finished installing the restored playfield from Kruzman.

photo (4).JPGphoto (4).JPG
photo (6).JPGphoto (6).JPG
photo (1).JPGphoto (1).JPG
photo (3).JPGphoto (3).JPG

4 months later
#423 9 years ago

I did the 1/4" bend of the bracket described on Cliffys website and it helps reduce the bounce outs. I would say now 4 out of 5 will stick in the hole.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Here is how I did it:

Take a protractor and measure the current angle of the bend

Draw a line 1/4" above the current bend line and remove the blue nub

Flatten it out in a vise

Re-bend it at the line to the same angle it was originally

Trim a little bit off of the blue nub and reinstall

Post edited by Tortelvis

#426 9 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

That's my issue. The backstop has already been bent before so I don't know what the original angle is. Does anyone have a picture of their backtop either before or after the bend was made?

Slightly over 150 degrees. I have an extra nos one and it measures 152 exactly.

5 years later
#1206 3 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

djshakes or robbyirl5 could you describe and/post pics of how you installed the gate at the turbo lock shot? I'm struggling to figure out how best to mount it on the left side. The one up to by the center shot is obvious enough (although of course the game I just received is missing a screw on the right...)

just use one screw when you attach it. Just the screw that holds the u shaped habitrail. It will sort of wedge against the habitrail, so one screw holds it.

1 month later
#1250 3 years ago
Quoted from dwightheinink:

Hi guys,
I just bought a beatiful indy 500 from Spain. I'm going to apply new decals on the cabinet, add a color dmd and a speaker upgrade. Also I would love to powder coat the side rails lockbar legs and backbox hinges. Does someone have pictures of their powder coat? Just to see some footage what I would prefer? Also if someone has any tips, or mods that I really should do?
Regards,
Dwight

This is what I did for powdercoat.

09A32E4D-DC75-455B-A85D-90D0D5809499 (resized).jpeg09A32E4D-DC75-455B-A85D-90D0D5809499 (resized).jpegA70DBCF3-A89D-4E6C-BDF0-66E383021601 (resized).jpegA70DBCF3-A89D-4E6C-BDF0-66E383021601 (resized).jpeg
4 months later
#1323 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

I thought I saw somewhere on here but can’t find it now, somebody had added the gate on the turbo shot but they did it by drilling holes through the ball guides. Does anyone have any info on that, or know where that is now? I tried to search for it in this thread but couldn’t seem to find it. if anyone knows, please direct me to where I can find it. Thanks. Mìke

It’s back on page 26. Schudl5 made the gate. I did it also, works really well.

62F97D99-03E2-47F0-9FA9-7CC6ED4C44DB (resized).jpeg62F97D99-03E2-47F0-9FA9-7CC6ED4C44DB (resized).jpeg
#1328 3 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Does it 100% eliminate the possibility of two balls getting stuck inside?

I’ve put about 3 hours on mine and I haven’t had 2 balls get stuck, but I’ve never taken the glass off to see if it would be possible, but it might be. If it is possible, I don’t think it would happen very often. I suppose if you can make the gate that sticks on top not allow 2 balls, you could make any gate do the same if it’s sized/bent as needed. In my opinion, this is best option.

2 months later
#1395 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Reading some old posts here... Does a cliffy on the turbo scoop cause a lot of bouce outs?

Yes, it did for me anyway.

1 week later
#1422 2 years ago

Can I see a pick of your side blades?

#1424 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

They came with the game. I actually think they are just so so . My graphics guy is going to be doing another design for me with a matching backboard decal!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing those, I’ve never seen them before. I like them. I think they look better than the checkerboard ones.

#1433 2 years ago

Are the decals for the ramps?

2 weeks later
#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

They are definitely an odd element of the game. Zero relationship to theme. And it's notable that the hardware elements were never used again..

I always thought they were sort of loosely based on a checkered race flag. Whatever they are, it’s cool that they are unique to this game only.

5 months later
#1528 2 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

My new Indianapolis 500 Topper... Exact replica of the artwork between the flippers on the playfield.
I purchased directly from the souvenir shop, at the Indy-500 raceway. My first and only time there, celebrating my Buddy's 50th Birthday. Us, 3 couples were there for the race years ago. I had purchased many misc. things there from the race... one of which was this 7-flag display, I thought would make neat topper.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Same here.

59C597AD-6A62-4967-8518-1023F1BB4664 (resized).jpeg59C597AD-6A62-4967-8518-1023F1BB4664 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tortelvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indianapolis-500-owners-thread-everyone-welcome?tu=tortelvis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.