(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,737 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 40 hours ago by amxfc3s
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6362 (resized).jpg
IMG_6363 (resized).JPG
slingshot-right (resized).JPG
slingshot-left (resized).JPG
back-vuk (resized).JPG
back_vuk_before (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9325 (resized).jpeg
20230708_172458 (resized).jpg
Indy 500 Plastic (2) (resized).jpg
Indy Race Track (2) (resized).png
Indy 500 Wire Guide (resized).jpg
moo (resized).png
IMG_9123 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1216 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Lost my upper right playfield GI tonight. Replaced a bunch of GI LED’s (bought a kit that used pink LED’s and at first I thought they looked fine but after seeing another machine, realized they looked like crap and tonight went back to warm white LED’s). Worked fine and played a few games and about halfway into the game, they (upper right) went dark. Checked other wht-orn and orn switches and they were all fine so it’s just the lights. These don’t run like Xmas tree lights, one goes out and the rest do, do they? It has to be related to the new lighting that I installed. I’ve gotten OK at repair, but not really sure where to start other than to trace all the wires Between those lights, looking for a break, which I did and did not see.
To be clear, in the test, not one of the lights came on for the upper right play field. So if there is a break, it would be Before it actually gets to the lighting.
The last time I had an issue somewhat similar, I replaced I believe the U20 chip, which I think has some control over the Matrix. Blew it up by learning the hard way not to hot plug LEDs when changing. I bought some spares so maybe I’ll try that as well.
Thank you!

Power off, reseat connectors J115, J120 and J121 on the lower left of the power driver board. Chances are there is some tarnishing or burned connectors there from when the game had incandescent lamps installed. If they come back on after doing that, probably time to look at replacing headers and connectors on whichever connectors look suspect.

#1221 3 years ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

All of those (J115, J120, and J121) looked fine (no black charring), replaced the U20 (blew that changing bulbs before) and still no upper right GI lights. I'm guessing some sort of bad connection from physically moving the sockets around. Any other suggestions would be appreciated (I'm not sure why bulb is first in line, but will go to it with a continuity tester, and see what I can determine). Wish me luck.

Did you reseat them? If a whole string is out that's probably your issue with a flaky connection or possibly a blown fuse.

U20 is for the switch matrix and doesn't have anything to do with the lighting.

1 month later
#1253 3 years ago

I didn't go thorough this whole thread, but I'm having issues getting the ball to land in the scoop at the very top of the playfield from a right loop shot. The game is leveled and set at 6.5 degrees. I used a video to see what's happening and it appears the ball is going around the loop; but then is dropping slightly and hitting the post to the left of the entrance to the scoop. It's like it's not cleanly hugging the rail at it flattens out and goes across the backboard and the ball moves down a little. These are all clean, fast shots and I'd say 1 in 10 will land in the scoop.

It doesn't seem like this is would be normal. Any ideas?

EDIT: I removed the right ball guide and reinstalled it, put all the ramps back in and started a game. Seems better. The ball makes it 9/10 times now, which I can live with. I'm not sure what I did to the ball guide re-installing it; but I'm not messing with it again.

1 month later
#1284 3 years ago
Quoted from DumbAss:

Yes on the price and yes on the boards.
[quoted image]

Awesome! What are the differences between the three boards and where do you use the different board designs?

#1286 3 years ago

Thanks. I had no idea about that other thread so appreciate the link. Looks like some nice options for a board that seemed to almost have disappeared from the face of the earth.

1 week later
#1289 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

May be looking to pick up this game. What should I be looking for with this title ?

Playfield wear at turbobobby lock scoop, broken left side of left ramp entrance, broken or missing illuminated targets and/or LEDs in the targets. Other than that, typical pinball machine stuff.

2 weeks later
#1297 3 years ago

My I500 turbo lock gate. The only downside are the holes in the ball guides. You have to remove everything in the turbo area, which is quite a bit. After the holes are drilled, install the right guide. Install the gate and then install the left guide. Some bending adjustments might be required on the gate arm to get it right.PXL_20201020_140449960 (resized).jpgPXL_20201020_140449960 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201005_203759424 (resized).jpgPXL_20201005_203759424 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201005_204838089 (resized).jpgPXL_20201005_204838089 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201005_204844618 (resized).jpgPXL_20201005_204844618 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_015112151 (resized).jpgPXL_20201006_015112151 (resized).jpg
PXL_20201006_015118909 (resized).jpgPXL_20201006_015118909 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#1327 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Looks good Tortelvis! I’m gonna do mine soon.

If you do make one, change the 1-1/2" long dimension at the bottom of the gate to 1-3/8". Works better with more clearance to account for the distance between the ball guides.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 17.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider schudel5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indianapolis-500-owners-thread-everyone-welcome?tu=schudel5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.