(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,737 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by amxfc3s
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6362 (resized).jpg
IMG_6363 (resized).JPG
slingshot-right (resized).JPG
slingshot-left (resized).JPG
back-vuk (resized).JPG
back_vuk_before (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9325 (resized).jpeg
20230708_172458 (resized).jpg
Indy 500 Plastic (2) (resized).jpg
Indy Race Track (2) (resized).png
Indy 500 Wire Guide (resized).jpg
moo (resized).png
IMG_9123 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#67 10 years ago

The problem is, as owners, we've all probably heard the call-out many times. So, it doesn't seem rare.

#85 10 years ago

Getting rid of the fade!

photo.JPGphoto.JPG

2 weeks later
#96 10 years ago

I've gotten 2.6.

#99 10 years ago

I was sitting at about 3.5 for awhile and don't recall the circumstances that got the 2.6 (it actually could be 2.8 I'm not sure, and I just took it all apart for the restore pictured above so I can't check. BTW, backbox is done and right side cab is done).

I'm trying to think if there is any situation where I could have had another ball on the table when the pit mode was started such that I wasn't waiting on the new ball to be served, but rather fortuitously had a ball on the left flipper earlier, but I can't seem to think of a way that it is possible.

I wonder if I started Pit at a point that the CPU was overloaded and it started the timer late. Sorry I can't give more info.

#120 10 years ago

Jesse,

Can you just put it in switch levels test and watch for the switch to fire? Maybe hit the flippers a bit to get it to register...

I'm in the last stages of putting mine back together. I can stop by sometime if you don't have luck tracking it down.

#122 10 years ago

How did the cabinet refinishing on the Indy 500 turn out?

Great. It is going to be tough to let it go.

photo(7).JPGphoto(7).JPG

#127 10 years ago

Head went on and playfield went in two nights ago. Last night I put all the wires in their places in the cabinet and backbox and plugged them all in to the boards. She fired right up. It plays quite slow sitting on the ground without proper pitch.

Tonight I'll remote the batteries, polish the legs and it will be done. I got this one straight off route and I suspect I'm the second owner. All the original manuals and goodie bags are there. I used one of the sling plastics from the goodie bag to replace a cracked one.

I started the cabinet restore on June 28th. I suspect I spent ~35 hours of active work on the cabinet. (not counting passive primer/paint/wood-filler drying times, etc). The cabinet was really in good shape to begin with.

I'm doing this restore for an Indycar driver. The machine will likely be out of the house in the next two weeks.

#129 10 years ago

Finished last night!

photo(7).JPGphoto(7).JPG

1 month later
#174 10 years ago

Sold mine tonight. Here's the happy buyer.

photo(2).JPGphoto(2).JPG

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from TurnOne:

How is that rear bracket held on?

Two small screws that pass through the bracket and into the plate beneath.

3 months later
#209 10 years ago

@Schwaggs - Carnegie is there when you set a high score for "It's a new track record"

@Swedishc - Unobtainium

1 week later
#216 10 years ago

Looks like you have a french credit dot...

Looks good.. I think you could stand to continue the orange up on the backbox on the forward facing edge all around.

1 month later
#251 10 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Is there supposed to be a blue bumper pad at the top of the ball launch ramp? Mine doesn't have one...but I would think there should be...

No

1 week later
#263 10 years ago

I think draft excluder is the sticky-back foam that people also use behind standup targets.

#270 10 years ago

I ran into the overtravel on that saucer, I forget exactly what I did, but I bent one of the metal parts (as in correcting it, not a hack bending).

#271 10 years ago

(It may have been the metal bracket holding the solenoid. Again, not sure)

1 month later
#317 10 years ago
Quoted from t2:

I am getting credit dot saying "Turbo error sensor opto error" and don't know where to start. Manual does'nt list a switch #. I am never getting a multi ball in the turbo scoop the 3 green arrow that say Lock never lite up even after shooting up the left side. New to the game and not sure of the rules.

It is likely either the opto that notes if a ball is in one of the turbo slots or the opto that monitors the rotation of the turbo. First check under the playfield for loose wires in that area. Otherwise, you are removing the left ramp and the turbo to look for detached wires to the optos or faulty optos. (or displaced optos)

Go into the switch test and then either rotate the turbo or put balls into the turbo slots to see if those register, that should help narrow down which opto is the problem.

#328 10 years ago
Quoted from t2:

So sounds like a bad opto?

Or mis-aligned, but definitely opto related!

#330 10 years ago

Yes, sending two balls together is the norm.

I don't remember continuous spinning after the first ball. I recall lock, spin while the matching audio call out is running, and then stopping when the audio of the spinning stops.

However, I sold mine 6 months ago, my memory may be off.

3 months later
4 months later
#428 9 years ago

Has anyone made waterslide decals for the inserts up the center? I specifically need "Victory Lap" and "Extra Ball" for a low-level restore I'm doing.

I call this my "dueling drivers" setup... (well, I would if the second one was setup).

Thanks!

IMG_1493.JPGIMG_1493.JPG
#430 9 years ago

This one came to me torn down oddly enough. But I tore one down about 18 months ago. I don't recall anything too tricky.

1 month later
#442 9 years ago
Quoted from yoyoma:

Anyone out there have an extra target opto they can sell? Having a hard time finding one.

Opto is something like $5 when you can find it... I'd just buy the improved assembly from Great Lakes. for $25.

http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/i500itb.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
€ 17.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indianapolis-500-owners-thread-everyone-welcome?tu=pacer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.