(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,736 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by Santis
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6362 (resized).jpg
IMG_6363 (resized).JPG
slingshot-right (resized).JPG
slingshot-left (resized).JPG
back-vuk (resized).JPG
back_vuk_before (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9325 (resized).jpeg
20230708_172458 (resized).jpg
Indy 500 Plastic (2) (resized).jpg
Indy Race Track (2) (resized).png
Indy 500 Wire Guide (resized).jpg
moo (resized).png
IMG_9123 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingdaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#477 8 years ago

Happy new member - just got an excellent sample version with Cointaker Premium LED Kit.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

9 months later
#577 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Joining back up in a couple of weeks!

Me too, I missed mine terribly and am getting another one. I have a really hard time thinking of a pin I enjoy more... Seriously, what pin is better?

1 month later
#614 7 years ago

Question: how do the "add a balls" work in terms of the leader board? Right now, I have one added 4th ball option - and I've exceeded some scores on the board but am not getting to enter initials... This is my second Indy - I had the same added extra ball on my previous one and it seemed to not be an issue with the leader board. I know STTNG " (which I used to own) allows one extra ball for the regular leader board... Anyone?

4 weeks later
#622 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Just gave mine a clean. Opened out lanes. No extra balls or buy in. Set up for our NZ Pinball Champs. Top 32 players.
This is one mean playing pinball now...
Oh... and I just got my best ever Pit Stop ..

You may already know, but you have the rare sample PF (with different color scheme/the blue around the trophy)...

#624 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I just bought the table on pinball arcade and am really enjoying it. Not sure how this game flew under the radar for me but it's awesome.
I didn't think anything would come close to HS2 and although I prefer it I hope to add an I500 to the collection as it's challenging, fast, and fun.

The reason it's flown under the radar, I assume, is because there were only 2,249 units - plus those who own them tend to keep them... the rule set is so deep and frankly it's an awesome game that never gets old.

I think now that Pinball Arcade has finally replicated the game for their app, many more people will be pleasantly surprised at what a great game it is.

#627 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I know.. I sold too early!!
The game isn't super popular just because it's more a B/C title in a crowded field of WPC games. Other games have themes people like more, or more character. I500 at least has decent humor and satisfying goals.. but ultimately a game like Whitewater overshadows it.

Whitewater does the theme spectacularly well - the PF is like a little white water rafting world. The sound is fun on WH20, too, although a little tinny and thin due to the early DMD technology. But, having owned both games (WH20 and I500) twice each, I have to say WH20 gets a bit redundant and boring... Indy 500, on the other hand, is much faster. far more challenging and satisfying.

#631 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

I think this is very well said. Playing a bunch of White Water and I500 somehow White Water feels more satisfying. I500 is really fast and challenging though but there just isn't that sort of satisfying payoff.
It's cheaper than White Water so there is that. Ideally, I'd own both.

My issue with WH20 is it gets like "chopping wood" to some extent, getting to the Vacation Jackpot. Repeated and redundant shots that are moderately challenging and time-consuming. The payoff is fantastic and as I said, the theme/music might be executed as well as any I've ever seen... But I500 = better than WH20 IMHO.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 37.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingdaddy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indianapolis-500-owners-thread-everyone-welcome?tu=kingdaddy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.