(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,736 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by Santis
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6362 (resized).jpg
IMG_6363 (resized).JPG
slingshot-right (resized).JPG
slingshot-left (resized).JPG
back-vuk (resized).JPG
back_vuk_before (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9325 (resized).jpeg
20230708_172458 (resized).jpg
Indy 500 Plastic (2) (resized).jpg
Indy Race Track (2) (resized).png
Indy 500 Wire Guide (resized).jpg
moo (resized).png
IMG_9123 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gryszzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#207 10 years ago

Honey, I'm hoooome !!! Dealing with busted water line on porch right now, but thanks to Schwaggs for resurectting this thread. Have lots to discuss !! Love my I500 !!

#210 10 years ago

Pacer, your modesty amazes me !! Graham Rahal bought your restore ??!! Pm sent !

1 week later
#218 10 years ago

I was wondering about this too. Mine says 1.0.

#220 10 years ago

Thank you. So it doesnt look like much difference.

2 weeks later
#229 10 years ago
Quoted from yoyoma:

Anyone know where one can buy those custom inside checkered flag decals ala DavidC? Very cool.

From Allen Shope at Treasure Cove. Treasurecove.net, I believe. The man is an artist.

#233 10 years ago

Man yer I500 is sweeeet DavidC. Waiting on something on mine to break before I start restore. So far, so good. Of course, now that I've posted this; I'm sure it won't turn on....

8 months later
#415 9 years ago

Schwaggs, did you do a little dance when you found out ?
I did.

3 months later
#439 9 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I played one yesterday and finished the race, #1 position, but scored less. Multiball is key for scoring but the 3rd shot in the Gasoline Alley mode is KEY. Pass 15 cars! It's absolutely necessary to crush it. Without it, you'll be nowhere near the lead. What a tough game. I love it. For every grewt game there are 20 crappy ones though. I like it!

Say Carl,...how bout those lessons ?

Did you ever know you were my hero ?
And everything I would like to be...

Dude. That is so bad ass. You really are my fracking hero.

3 weeks later
#452 9 years ago

The LED's in that look absolutely bad ass. Recipe ?

9 months later
#503 8 years ago

Hey guys....finally decided to make the led switch. As a total noob to led's, was hoping for some advice here. With all the choices ( ghosting, non-ghosting, flicker, no top) ...I've always been a little overwhelmed. Should I color match inserts, or just go all classic white, or frosted white,...jeez...I dont really know where to start.

5 months later
#594 7 years ago

Hey Tyson, you gonna post some pics of yer Mike Chestnut Indy ? Would love to see what that baby looks like.
No Cliffy here either. I guess I've been super lucky with no common issues that most have.

4 weeks later
#612 7 years ago

I like to hit on the young gals when their dudes pass out.
CAM01802.jpgCAM01802.jpg

Added over 8 years ago: Edit : just a joke. Actually have no idea who these girls are....but they were sweethearts !

#613 7 years ago

Good times Mike ! Had a great weekend partying with ya brougham. Come on up for the Brickyard !

1 year later
#724 6 years ago

Hey gang! Old problem that was fixed for awhile when I replaced the target optos, has started reoccurring. When I hit the right flipper it scores flashing target points, even lights up the opto. Something touching something maybe? Gettin ready to get this ole girl restored but I'd like to track this down 1st. Thank you!

2 weeks later
#729 6 years ago

Went away for awhile, now it's back. Hitting the rt flipper scores 1m on stand-ups. Any ideas on where to start?

5 months later
#784 5 years ago

"He might not even know there's a replacement target board available from Great Lakes Modular Paul!"
--Turbo Bobby

1 year later
#976 4 years ago

Hey guys, my I500 went down before Expo. Not booting, no lights, no nothing. I took the mpu board to Expo and of course, that board is good. I don't do board work, but I'd like to be able to pinpoint where the failure is. I'm *guessing* it's gotta be the main power driver board. Anybody have time to tell me where to start? I have the manual, a multimeter, and pretty much no clue.
This is the first "major" issue in 6 years of owning, so I'm REALLY new to this. And extremely grateful this sumbitch has been such a damn tank.
I was looking up the power driver board for sale, seems pretty unobtanium. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance.

#977 4 years ago

I do have a FT, so I guess I could swap boards to narrow down, but FT just got board work done and I'm not too keen on swapping stuff in and out.
Seems like when I start doing shit like that, something else breaks. Am I just being dumb? Should I swap them and see? I REALLY am nervous about that....

#978 4 years ago

Our big Indianapolis Fountain Square Classic tourney is this Sat, so if nothing else, I can take my board up to be repaired.
Just hoping it might be a power supply or something relatively simple on board that I can replace in a few days.

#980 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

That's a bummer. What board has no lights? MPU or Driver board? Best to test all voltages before pulling out a board when a game is not booting, especially when the MPU has none of the red LEDs lit in the top left corner.
https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#LEDs_and_test_points_on_WPC-089_Power.2FDriver_Boards

Hey buddy thanks for yer response. ACNC got here yesterday so I've been all up in that. I still have to put mpu back in bb but after I do that I will take some pics of the red leds that are/aren't on. Mpu is good. Had it tested,at Expo.
Thanks again.

1 month later
#988 4 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Just finished mind. This was that funky game made for that orange county car guy (translite and car). It was so clean I decided to keep and clear playfield.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh hot damn....
SUPERFLY!

#989 4 years ago

9 outta 10 times I would hate this led job but for some reason I like this one. Probably cause it's not orange.

#990 4 years ago

I'm gonna hate these comments in the morning. The sling leds look like shit I get it. Different.

4 months later
#1071 3 years ago

I would be in, but wondering if it would be easily removed? I'm not a mod guy at all, but I def dig both of yours Tantrum.
The checkered flag side art was a mod from Treasure Cove. Not sure of current status with them.

#1073 3 years ago

I remember somebody copying them and Allen (RIP) from TC got really pissed and I think he served them with a cease and desist. I could be wrong, this was years ago. But pretty sure that's what happened.

#1074 3 years ago

Since he passed, I'm guessing someone has ripped off his design again. When I think of rip off shitheels, Retro Refurbs is the first to come to mind.

#1078 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Looks like I'm up to 3 commitments on the road decal
1 - woody76
2 - plovis
3 - Gryszzz (if someone can show him how to do it)

Hey. Fuck you and your mods fuckpants.

#1080 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Whoa, where did that come from? Since you mentioned you weren't sure what it took to do the mod, all I meant that if somebody could document how its done then you may or may not decide to buy one depending upon what was involved based on your post. Was not intended to slight you in the least bit at all. Personally, I have no idea how its done.

Well, then I apologize. I thought you were making a condescending joke towards me. It wouldn't be totally untrue, but we don't know each other. I guess I totally took that the wrong way. Sorry man. Looks like I'm Mr. Tantrum tonight.

#1081 3 years ago

I just want to know if I have to completely adhere that to the race track. As in, is it permanent? I don't ever plan on selling mine, but we all know how that goes. And how some anal buyers don't want mods of any sort on a machine.
That's all I was wondering.

#1083 3 years ago

Haha. Yes.
And again, I apologize.
Fucked up part is I haven't even started drinking yet.

#1086 3 years ago

Been listenin to this a lot the last week for some reason. One of my favorite tracks about racing. Pardon my ot but I've never lived through a month of May with no Indy 500.

Racing In the Street

#1088 3 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

I’m in. I requested it!!

Wow. 15 years here. That might be....
A
NEW
TRACK
RECORD

#1089 3 years ago

Seriously, that's impressive. Bet you've seen a lot of shit here in the last 15 years. I really don't think I've seen a member with that many years under his/her belt.
I tip my hat to you sir.

#1090 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I was just editing my last response. All my fault for quickly reading your post and misinterpreting what you were saying. No hard feelings on my side.
Back to the racetrack decal, are you still interested?

For the record, I'm interested in both mods. Wondering if maybe free shipping for buyers of both?

#1106 3 years ago

Race day with no race. Strange times, strange times.
One of my favorite parts of the race was the beginning when Jim Nabors sang "Back Home Again in Indiana".
In memoriam

#1107 3 years ago

One of my good pinball buddies from LA has been to a couple 500's with me. We had a freakin blast. Pinball-is-great remember this?
YOUNGGG GIRL....GET OUTTA MY MIND...
CAM01795 (resized).jpgCAM01795 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#1142 3 years ago

I've got Cliffys on everything but I500. Read too many stories like that, so I'm good.

3 weeks later
#1168 3 years ago

DAMN Tantrum you really went above and beyond for this man! Will DEF be ordering and THANK YOU for all your hard work man wow!

1 month later
#1198 3 years ago

Apologies Mr. Tantrum I kinda forgot about this thread until today. If you can pm your PayPal info I'll be buying. I'm totally not a mod guy but these look effin GREAT!
Thanks for all your hard work dude.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Valley, NEBRASKA
€ 17.50
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gryszzz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indianapolis-500-owners-thread-everyone-welcome?tu=gryszzz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.