(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,737 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by amxfc3s
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6362 (resized).jpg
IMG_6363 (resized).JPG
slingshot-right (resized).JPG
slingshot-left (resized).JPG
back-vuk (resized).JPG
back_vuk_before (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9325 (resized).jpeg
20230708_172458 (resized).jpg
Indy 500 Plastic (2) (resized).jpg
Indy Race Track (2) (resized).png
Indy 500 Wire Guide (resized).jpg
moo (resized).png
IMG_9123 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#290 10 years ago

just realized one of my target interuptors didn't survive the weekend while the game worked in the Fairfax Pinball Open tournament bank. damn

2 months later
#359 9 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Pretty faded, but doesn't look red at all:

photo-1.JPG 39 KB

That's all the red and orange completely faded

2 years later
#626 7 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Thanks to Pinball Arcade, the price just went up on I500

I know.. I sold too early!!

The game isn't super popular just because it's more a B/C title in a crowded field of WPC games. Other games have themes people like more, or more character. I500 at least has decent humor and satisfying goals.. but ultimately a game like Whitewater overshadows it.

#628 7 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Whitewater does the theme spectacularly well - the PF is like a little white water rafting world. The sound is fun on WH20, too, although a little tinny and thin due to the early DMD technology. But, having owned both games (WH20 and I500) twice each, I have to say WH20 gets a bit redundant and boring... Indy 500, on the other hand, is much faster. far more challenging and satisfying.

Well at least WH20 has the vacation jackpot and all the play that must go into that and strategy to get it right. Unfortunately I500 is unfinished in that regard and there really is no big payoff for the race/placement/etc. I500 is kinda shallow in that there really is no inter-dependencies on what you do in the game except for the lucrative playfield multiplier stack. Get that turbo combo up... play MB for the super JB.. play the point worthy modes and try to stack the multiplier mode with MB. WH20 is similar except it adds the raft scoring strategies and the vacation jackpot. For pure 'satisfaction when you do it', in this tier of games.. I prefer BSD's MB strategies.

I owned I500 for many years.. mainly out of nostalgia for playing it on location back in the 90s.. but sold it recently to fund newer game buys. It was a fun game to bring to tournaments mainly because most people don't have a lot of time on it.

2 months later
#664 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

are these something that could be 3d printed?

They'd never survive... even the injection molded stuff doesn't survive. What is needed is a redesigned target and opto setup.

#669 7 years ago

The texture was slightly different and the black paint loved kind of goofy... But in the game I don't think you could tell. I gave my extras away when I sold mine. Note sure why they are so scarce after someone already did the work to make them the first time . I mean we aren't talking huge ramps that require lots of labor etc

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 17.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flynnibus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indianapolis-500-owners-thread-everyone-welcome?tu=flynnibus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.