(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,737 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by amxfc3s
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6362 (resized).jpg
IMG_6363 (resized).JPG
slingshot-right (resized).JPG
slingshot-left (resized).JPG
back-vuk (resized).JPG
back_vuk_before (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9325 (resized).jpeg
20230708_172458 (resized).jpg
Indy 500 Plastic (2) (resized).jpg
Indy Race Track (2) (resized).png
Indy 500 Wire Guide (resized).jpg
moo (resized).png
IMG_9123 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ellray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#751 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Prepare for bounce-outs with a cliffy , unless you are also able to perform the "bending of the bracket" . Ultimately, I went with no cliffy.

I just fixed this on my game with Cliffy installed by removing the blue rubber stop. I could probably cover the metal scoop with something softer (but not bouncy!) to protect the balls, but I'll replace them periodically anyway.

My bounce-out percentage now seems to be about 10%. Honestly. I've actually taken down my CL ad to sell the game because I want to see what I can do with the turbo boost hole actually working.

#757 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

replace the blue rubber with dead stop foam

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's working so well that I don't think it could improve.

#758 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So adding a cliffy to the turbo area causes bounce outs?

Yes, but IMHO it's well worth dealing with the turbo boost bounce-outs to protect the playfield. I feel like I'm cheating when I play a game with a scoop hole that's 50% larger than it should be due to edge wear. It's not fun honestly. And repairing that is messy at best.

I think the issue is the tiny bit of bounce that the ball gets from hitting the front lip of the cliffy (worse if the cliffy doesn't stay flush with the playfield). And the stock blue rubber on the scoop is too resilient (maybe after 20 year of oxidation?), so I was seeing literally 80% bounce-outs until I removed it.

My solution was to remove the rubber stop, but there are many others (including the suggestion just above to replace the blue rubber circle with some "dead-stop" foam, which I believe is the stuff you can buy to put behind stand-up targets). Another person had success adding foam to the guide to the left of the turbo boost hole.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

€ 17.50
$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ellray.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indianapolis-500-owners-thread-everyone-welcome?tu=ellray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.