(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,736 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Santis
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6362 (resized).jpg
IMG_6363 (resized).JPG
slingshot-right (resized).JPG
slingshot-left (resized).JPG
back-vuk (resized).JPG
back_vuk_before (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9325 (resized).jpeg
20230708_172458 (resized).jpg
Indy 500 Plastic (2) (resized).jpg
Indy Race Track (2) (resized).png
Indy 500 Wire Guide (resized).jpg
moo (resized).png
IMG_9123 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hashman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#468 8 years ago

I joined the club and am having a few issues with the turbo. Sometimes I only get one ball for multiball or if I lock two balls during mutliball it doesnt give me a third ball. Just goes into ball search mode. I think the turbo "cross" might be slipping on the motor? When I test the turbo it passes all tests but I often after a game I notice the ball sense optos are blocked by the "cross" thingy where the balls sit.

I gather it should be aligned so the hole in the cross is always above the opto receiver when no ball in there? Any help would be great!

#470 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

This is how the opto interrupter sits with no ball in the turbo. Is this normal? I would have thought the cut out should be aligned with the opto?

#473 8 years ago

Thanks for the pic pintime. I can't really see wether the ball sense hole is directly under the opto in the pic though. Any chance of taking a pic like mine?

I will check the trough today. I have new trough boards and a plastic sheeth I can slide in to the trough to see if it fixes the issue. Have already cleaned the optos.

Then onto the next issue of turbo popper bounce outs.

#475 8 years ago

Well there you go. The same as mine! Thank you pintime. Can eliminate the turbo now. Much appreciated.

#476 8 years ago

Woohoo! Thanks pintime. It was the trough. Used a plastic trough sheath I had spare from jd and now multiball is working perfectly!

Can't thank you enough for reminding me to try the easy stuff first.

2 weeks later
#488 8 years ago

Sometimes my pitstop car divertor lets the ball through. It seems its not strong enough or has some play so if the ball is coming down the ramp really quickly the car divertor will activate but the ball will sneak through and not hold it. Any ideas?

6 months later
#537 8 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I just tweeked my VUK and got significantly better results. I was having a lot of bounce outs. First I removed the blue rubber piece and replaced it with a foam piece that formed an "L" shape on the metal back stop piece the blue rubber was in and the left wall of the VUK. I adjusted the angle of the metal piece back stop and great performance.
Still looking for an "Victory Lap" insert decal. Anyone?

Can you upload a pic of what you did please?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 17.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
$ 37.50
$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Hashman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indianapolis-500-owners-thread-everyone-welcome?tu=Hashman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.