(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 970 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by BioBa
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 271 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190314_124025 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190314_122604 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190314_124006 (resized).jpg
A1819E51-EAD5-4EDE-8A4E-4322722A7159 (resized).png
F597C309-EB1C-456D-A353-85610B272C53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4553 (resized).JPG
IMG_4552 (resized).JPG
IMG_4551 (resized).JPG
IMG_4550 (resized).JPG
IMG_4549 (resized).JPG
4081843F-658A-4E9A-9BB4-B741C97BC1AA (resized).jpeg
4D25548D-4B5A-497E-9703-57A42F01A8A9 (resized).jpeg
71AAF5A9-22E9-459C-84A5-682482795D64 (resized).jpeg
313CFC57-55D2-4206-90C1-D6D0B1D062FE (resized).jpeg
42140320-87B9-413D-B2B2-E597252F5220 (resized).jpeg
3AF989DF-1767-47B2-B1B0-9C94511098AC (resized).jpeg

There are 970 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 20.
#201 6 years ago
Quoted from mwong168:

I checked last night and my personal pit stop record is 3.3s and do the exact same thing every time as described above ramping off the right flipper to the left and shooting for the ramp ASAP.

Just had my best pit stop.

Seems it will be tough to beat that time. Rolled off the right flipper on to the left and quick shot up the ramp. Put a smile on my face!

#202 6 years ago

Mods' please delete.

#203 6 years ago

Duplicate

Post edited by TurnOne : duplicate

#204 6 years ago

Mods' please delete.

1 month later
2 months later
#206 5 years ago

Just picked up an I500 earlier this week. Being an Indy 500 fan for the last 30 years (been to every race except 2 over that time), this pin is right up my pit lane! LOVE the call outs by Paul Page and the lapping car sound.

Main disappointment is they should have used Tom Carnigie's voice, "Here they come, dooooowwwwwn the front stretch" and several others. They should have used Mary Hullman for the "Lady and gentlemen, tart (sic) your engines".

See my thread on the I500 turbo mod here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i500-turbo-mod-rather-a-fix

#207 5 years ago

Honey, I'm hoooome !!! Dealing with busted water line on porch right now, but thanks to Schwaggs for resurectting this thread. Have lots to discuss !! Love my I500 !!

#208 5 years ago

Anyone know where I can find a serpentine ramp (A-19979) replacement? I looked in the usual spots and it looks like no one is making new ones yet.

#209 5 years ago

@Schwaggs - Carnegie is there when you set a high score for "It's a new track record"

@Swedishc - Unobtainium

#210 5 years ago

Pacer, your modesty amazes me !! Graham Rahal bought your restore ??!! Pm sent !

#211 5 years ago

Such a hard game to find up in Canada. Wish I could locate one within a few hours drive.
Love the sounds and gameplay. One of Nordman's sleepers for sure!

#212 5 years ago

hey guys just set the pit stop record to 2,3 sec!!! unbellievable!

#213 5 years ago

project done
PF clearcoated, filppers rebuild, new sleeves at large, metal parts, screws tumbled! custom insidecdecals, cointaker s leds, custom led targets, custom painted armour...etc... plays as a new...very happy with the result, hard work but definately worths it

image-470.jpg
image.jpg
image-449.jpg

#214 5 years ago

Looks amazing David!

How are your cabinet decals not faded?

#215 5 years ago

very light faded...

#216 5 years ago

Looks like you have a french credit dot...

Looks good.. I think you could stand to continue the orange up on the backbox on the forward facing edge all around.

1 week later
#217 5 years ago

hi guys...
i was checking my software revision this morning...
i have rev 1.0 F...is it the latest one?
what s in your game?

thanks

#218 5 years ago

I was wondering about this too. Mine says 1.0.

#219 5 years ago

The latest version is 1.1. Here's the full revision history:

http://www.actionpinball.com/tech/indy500.txt

#220 5 years ago

Thank you. So it doesnt look like much difference.

#221 5 years ago

Hey I500 owners!

If you have problems with balls jumping the track at the end of the turbo habitrail, simply unbolt the end from the slingshot and twist slightly to bring the outside of the corner where the ball jumps the track of the habitrail up. I bent mine slightly and it has reduced the balls jumping off the track dramatically.

#222 5 years ago
Quoted from Pacer:

@Schwaggs - Carnegie is there when you set a high score for "It's a new track record"
@Swedishc - Unobtainium

Yea, I see that now. I wish he had more statements other than that one...

#223 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

The latest version is 1.1. Here's the full revision history:
http://www.actionpinball.com/tech/indy500.txt

thanks

#224 5 years ago

Hey I500 owners. The GI dimming on my I500 isn't working. The GI will turn on and off but not dim. Am I missing anything during game play or is the only thing I am missing is power saving mode when the machine is idle?

#225 5 years ago

Another question for you owners, where do you have the adjustable bumper posts set above each drain lane? Whats the "factory" position?

#226 5 years ago

Anyone know where one can buy those custom inside checkered flag decals ala DavidC? Very cool.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Hey I500 owners. The GI dimming on my I500 isn't working. The GI will turn on and off but not dim. Am I missing anything during game play or is the only thing I am missing is power saving mode when the machine is idle?

Do you have "Allow Dim Illumination" set to yes?

#228 5 years ago

yea, I have that option set to YES but still no go.

Do you know if the I500 uses any dimming effects during game play or is it only used as the power saver mode?

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from yoyoma:

Anyone know where one can buy those custom inside checkered flag decals ala DavidC? Very cool.

From Allen Shope at Treasure Cove. Treasurecove.net, I believe. The man is an artist.

#230 5 years ago

yes indeed i was inspired by treasure Cove Ones but i did my own ones...
see differences between mine and TC s ones...
Photo 086.jpg

Photo 088.jpg

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Do you know if the I500 uses any dimming effects during game play or is it only used as the power saver mode?

I don't think the game uses dimming effects very often, but it definitely uses them during the opening sequence to the main multiball.

#232 5 years ago

I bought an Indy 500 that is missing all 3 illuminated target assemblies. Marco has the PCB and bracket but I can not locate the target assemblies. Any help locating these would be much appreciated! New or used.

#233 5 years ago

Man yer I500 is sweeeet DavidC. Waiting on something on mine to break before I start restore. So far, so good. Of course, now that I've posted this; I'm sure it won't turn on....

#234 5 years ago
Quoted from t2:

I bought an Indy 500 that is missing all 3 illuminated target assemblies. Marco has the PCB and bracket but I can not locate the target assemblies. Any help locating these would be much appreciated! New or used.

BAA has the best price on the base, but are out of stock on the clear part.
http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-I5-03-932217

Planetary also stock it at slightly higher price:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-9322-1-7

Planetary also has the clear part in stock:
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-9323-3-13

#235 5 years ago
Quoted from t2:

You are also going to need something for the hinges. I recommend this brass tubing that Pinbits sells ...

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_31&products_id=349&zenid=68k50jb5g8kqbtfac07uf2q6f7

The one thing that may be nearly impossible to obtain are the springs. I don't think I've ever seen them for sale anywhere. I'm sure you could use a different spring, but I have no idea how you would go about finding a suitable replacement. As a last resort, you could always buy the complete assembly from PSPA ...

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/a-19820-1.html

#236 5 years ago

There are 3 busted up targets on eBay that May have the pins and springs (better ask since you can't see them in the pictures).

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

There are 3 busted up targets on eBay that May have the pins and springs (better ask since you can't see them in the pictures).

Nice find! If you look really closely at the picture, you can see that the hinge is present in both the right and left target. I would have to assume that all three springs are there as well, but I sent the seller a question about it just to be sure. You should probably grab these, t2. I realize $30 is a crazy amount of money for three tiny springs, but like I said before, they are very difficult to procure.

Here's a link to the auction ...

ebay.com link » Lot Of 3 Used Targets For Bally Indianapolis 500 Pinball Machine

#238 5 years ago

So I will need the PCB and bracket assembly and also the complete illuminated target assembly? Any thing else. Would the clear capbe included in the complete assemble? Do I ship parcel post? How long would that take to get to US?

#239 5 years ago

Yes, you will still need the board and bracket for each. Also, the description of the auction says the targets are broken so you will either have to repair the opto interrupter like in this thread: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-lighted-targets-in-indy-500#post-1392478 or buy new clear targets from Planetary.

Does your playfied still have the cable that takes 2 connectors down to the one on the opto board? You should have 3 connector cables, one for each target.

#240 5 years ago

I got a response back from the eBay seller:

The targets work as they were pulled from the game... the clear piece springs back and forth as if it were hit by the ball. On each target, the actuator "finger" for the opto is broken off, so you would have to find a fix for that. Also does not include any optical boards.

It sounds like all three springs are definitely there. I'd grab them while you can.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from t2:

So I will need the PCB and bracket assembly and also the complete illuminated target assembly? Any thing else.

Just to be clear, each target assembly consists of five parts:

Black cover
Clear target face
Illuminated target PCB
Hinge
Spring

#242 5 years ago

I see where they sell the PCB and bracket as one. Part A-20401. Then they sell the target assembly, part A-19820, but don't give a description on what is included. So is the clear target face included and the hinge and the spring also included or do they need to be purchased separately?
I don't mind buying new, as long as they are available, but want to make sure I get all the necessary parts.

#243 5 years ago

I miss my Indy 500... The only DMD game that I ever had that I regret selling.

-sigh-

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I got a response back from the eBay seller:

It sounds like all three springs are definitely there. I'd grab them while you can.

On my I500 one of the plastic interruptors was broken on an illuminated target. I drilled out the base of the target where the piece hangs down and glued in a flat switch actuator. It has worked flawless and is tougher than the original design.

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from t2:

I see where they sell the PCB and bracket as one. Part A-20401. Then they sell the target assembly, part A-19820, but don't give a description on what is included. So is the clear target face included and the hinge and the spring also included or do they need to be purchased separately?
I don't mind buying new, as long as they are available, but want to make sure I get all the necessary parts.

I think you better ask whoever has that part in stock. I'm not positive whats included in that assembly part number.

#246 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't think the game uses dimming effects very often, but it definitely uses them during the opening sequence to the main multiball.

I finally got GI dimming working on my I500. Love the dimming effect at the beginning of multi-ball. There are several other times one part or another of the GI dims when the flashers are going, etc. Not having dimming all along so far has made me notice every little dimming effect! Loving it!

#247 5 years ago

Has anyone successfully repaired a broken mount on the right habitrail where it connects to the right slingshot post? I don't have the missing mount. The wireform shakes pretty good when the balls come whizzing down for multiball.
ramp-251.png

#248 5 years ago

Which warm frosted LEDs for the backbox:

- Pinball Life or Cointaker? Are they pretty similar when used in the backbox?

The inserts on my game already had LEDs installed when I got it.

#249 5 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Has anyone successfully repaired a broken mount on the right habitrail where it connects to the right slingshot post? I don't have the missing mount. The wireform shakes pretty good when the balls come whizzing down for multiball.

ramp-251.png 575 KB

Sorry, I have never had to repair a habitrail. You may want to post a new thread in the restoration section asking the larger pinside audience if they have recommendations. On this thread, only I500 fans will see it.

#250 5 years ago

Is there supposed to be a blue bumper pad at the top of the ball launch ramp? Mine doesn't have one...but I would think there should be...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
There are 970 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside