(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 984 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Silverballer
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 274 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BCCFC17A-0FCA-4833-B9BD-8E4563324EB0 (resized).jpeg
681FBB47-2995-4784-B8CC-25BDEF0FCFD3 (resized).jpeg
2ECC7919-CC80-4097-A10A-E8830DD93851 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190314_124025 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190314_122604 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190314_124006 (resized).jpg
A1819E51-EAD5-4EDE-8A4E-4322722A7159 (resized).png
F597C309-EB1C-456D-A353-85610B272C53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4553 (resized).JPG
IMG_4552 (resized).JPG
IMG_4551 (resized).JPG
IMG_4550 (resized).JPG
IMG_4549 (resized).JPG
4081843F-658A-4E9A-9BB4-B741C97BC1AA (resized).jpeg
4D25548D-4B5A-497E-9703-57A42F01A8A9 (resized).jpeg
71AAF5A9-22E9-459C-84A5-682482795D64 (resized).jpeg

There are 984 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 20.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

TurnOne, what is he asking for it? Or what are you offering?

I bought it. Head looked way better than the pictures led me to believe. On small scratch on the left side otherwise almost perfect. Hate to disclose price but let's say around
$3K with a new display installed.

I will clean it up a little later today and take some pics. The rubbers all look new. Everything functions 100% with a couple flashers, or maybe just one not working. I would have paid more.

Waited so long to find one. Happy it is finally home.

#152 6 years ago

Awesome! Congrats!

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from DavidC:

... changed the colors of leds on targets, orange, blue and green...

I've never heard of someone doing this before. I'd love to see some closeup photos of what they look like with the new LEDs.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Looks like he replaced the car with something else. A hotrod maybe? Otherwise it looks pretty good. Turbo plastic may be broken, but they are now available for sale individually.

NOS cars are practically impossible to find. However the model of car is a standard die cast model from the mid 90's. I cannot remember the manufacture but I sourced one for a friend whose I500 was missing the car. The livery was different but the car shape was identical. Only cost a few dollars too.

#155 6 years ago

I will be replacing the car (hotrod) back to what I believe to be the original car.
Surprisingly easy to find for me as it was the second place I looked and only $20 plus shipping.
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2514

They sell the other car too used in the racetrack for $12 or 13.

Chris

#156 6 years ago

They must have re-made them. That is good to know, I will inform my friend.

#157 6 years ago

How do they still consider this to be the #1 best value pin with price of $800? Really, I found it hard to find one at all, let alone anywhere under $2000 unless beat up and faded.
I predict the pin will increase due to the fun nature of the game, low production run, high rating and numerous people looking for one to buy.

#159 6 years ago

I had someone offer me $4K for mine, and I wouldn't sell it. The pin is awesome!

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I had someone offer me $4K for mine, and I wouldn't sell it. The pin is awesome!

I think I actually offered you more than that.

#161 6 years ago

I have mine in the house today and took a few pics.
http://s1145.photobucket.com/user/turnone/library/Indy%20500%20Pinball

IMG_4158.JPG IMG_4167.JPG IMG_4196.JPG

#162 6 years ago

Super jelly!

#163 6 years ago

Whoa, those side decals look perfect. Are they new?

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from swedishc:

Whoa, those side decals look perfect. Are they new?

To my knowledge, there are no replacement decals made or available for this pin. Probably due to the low production #'s (2249 according to http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2853&picno=12079).

There is a small scratch on either side, but hard to tell unless you are looking for them. Overall, I'm very very satisfied with the cabinet.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

I think I actually offered you more than that.

LOL! Indeed you did ...
So what's the deal? You still haven't found one?

#166 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

LOL! Indeed you did ...
So what's the deal? You still haven't found one?

I am still looking for one with minimal cab fade. I've got cash in hand if anyone on here is thinking about selling. Or if anyone knows of any leads, I would be grateful.

#167 6 years ago

I have an unfaded one, but it's hard to sell when I haven't beat the game yet.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from TurnOne:

To my knowledge, there are no replacement decals made or available for this pin. Probably due to the low production #'s (2249 according to http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2853&picno=12079).
There is a small scratch on either side, but hard to tell unless you are looking for them. Overall, I'm very very satisfied with the cabinet.

Rick at BAA had said they were going to be produced. I believe there was an issue with the art or colors.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I have an unfaded one, but it's hard to sell when I haven't beat the game yet.

Are you defining beating the game as getting all checkered flags in one game? Or all checkered flags overall? One checkered flag? Other?

#170 6 years ago

I finally had a monster game last night where I accomplished all the major goals. I started all the modes, scored a victory lap, hit a super jackpot during multiball, completed the race (200 laps), and then hit another victory lap. I've been trying to do this ever since I bought the game, but this is the first time I pulled it off. I have my game set up to play very difficult, so it was no easy feat.

#171 6 years ago

Looking for one in Illinois, can pick up at expo if you are going there

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I accomplished all the major goals. I started all the modes, scored a victory lap, hit a super jackpot during multiball, completed the race (200 laps), and then hit another victory lap.

Did you finish in position #1 as well, that would be an awesome accomplishment!

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Are you defining beating the game as getting all checkered flags in one game? Or all checkered flags overall? One checkered flag? Other?

I guess I don't really know - I was thinking starting all the modes. How many checkered flags are there?

Quoted from gweempose:

I finally had a monster game last night where I accomplished all the major goals. I started all the modes, scored a victory lap, hit a super jackpot during multiball, completed the race (200 laps), and then hit another victory lap. I've been trying to do this ever since I bought the game, but this is the first time I pulled it off. I have my game set up to play very difficult, so it was no easy feat.

Wow, that's awesome.

#174 6 years ago

Sold mine tonight. Here's the happy buyer.

photo(2).JPG

#175 6 years ago

Congrats, the machine looks great and sold to a true racer!

#176 6 years ago

That one looks great. Owner should be happy.

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I guess I don't really know - I was thinking starting all the modes. How many checkered flags are there?

There are 11 modes. After you start the last one, starting a mode lights the checkered flag, lighting a victory lap in the top center (extra ball) scoop for 200 million.

You can also achieve a victory lap for completing 200 laps, or by completing all 6 lightup target waves, or by getting into position 1 via passes on the left orbit.

Each VL is worth 200 million. When you stack two together, you get 500 million. I'm not sure how much stacking 3 or 4 of them would be worth, but I'm guessing 1 billion and 1.5 billion respectively.

If you're having a hard time with the right orbit shot and want to start all the modes, you can try a "center scoop all day" strategy:
1) Shoot the center scoop to start a mode and light at least 1 PIT letter.
2) Ignore the mode and hit the scoop again for another PIT letter or two. After you spell PIT, the center scoop will be lit again for another mode (assuming the mode you're in isn't a multiball).
3) Repeat steps 1 and 2.

Figure out whether your scoop is easier to hit from the left or right side and work on getting the ball to that flipper. It probably won't be equally easy from both sides.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

Did you finish in position #1 as well, that would be an awesome accomplishment!

No. I was 27th, or something like that. I also forgot about the light up targets, so I guess I technically didn't complete EVERY major accomplishment. Oh well, back to the drawing board.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

2) Ignore the mode and hit the scoop again for another PIT letter or two. After you spell PIT, the center scoop will be lit again for another mode (assuming the mode you're in isn't a multiball).

I'm embarrassed to say that after a year and a half of owning an I500, I didn't know how to re-light the center scoop. My normal method has been to do so by letting the ball drain.

#180 6 years ago

Got my new car for the pit lane. How is the original one mounted? Can anyone post a pic or email me at turnwon @ hot m a i l dot com

#181 6 years ago

Ok, played some more today. Can you not re-light the center scoop while in a mode?

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Ok, played some more today. Can you not re-light the center scoop while in a mode?

Spelling PIT from the top lanes relights the centre scoop. Not sure if it does while in a mode though.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Spelling PIT from the top lanes relights the centre scoop. Not sure if it does while in a mode though.

It should relight every time, but won't start a mode if you're in PIT, Turbo Boost, or Regular multiball when you hit the scoop.

One related bug I've found is lit PIT letters (e.g., P and T,) unlight at the end of PIT multiball.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from TurnOne:

Got my new car for the pit lane. How is the original one mounted? Can anyone post a pic or email me at turnwon @ hot m a i l dot com

The car sits on and is attached to a metal plate that is connected to the diverter. I'm guessing you're missing that piece.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

The car sits on and is attached to a metal plate that is connected to the diverter. I'm guessing you're missing that piece.

I installed the replacement car. From the pics I was able to see how it sits on that plate and I ran one tie wrap around the ass end of the car in front of the rear wing. Just wandering how it was mounted from the factory. Did they use tie wraps or something else?

Thanks for the assistance.

Chris

#186 6 years ago

There are two metal tabs that go into the front of the car, and a metal hoop that covers the back of the car.

I500_car.jpg

#187 6 years ago

Thanks! I don't have the rear metal tab. How is that rear bracket held on? I see two holes in the plate for the car to sit on that I ran my tie wraps through.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from TurnOne:

How is that rear bracket held on?

Two small screws that pass through the bracket and into the plate beneath.

#189 6 years ago

I noticed that one of my 3 illuminated targets has only two lights working. Is there a solution besides replacing the whole pcb with the light or is that the easiest?
https://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=674

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from TurnOne:

I noticed that one of my 3 illuminated targets has only two lights working. Is there a solution besides replacing the whole pcb with the light or is that the easiest?
https://mad-amusements.com/product.php?id_product=674

I had the same problem. I just soldered in 4 new 3mm LEDs and it solved the problem.

You can order them online pretty cheaply.

#192 6 years ago

Car hoop

IMAG0653.jpg

#193 6 years ago

I replaced my WPC CPU board with a P-ROC pinball controller board and got pinMAME running on my laptop to emulate the original roms.

Everything is working except some issues with the turbo and the divertor, but that should be pretty easy to fix.

Up next I am going to write all new rules for the game in Python. The game already has great gameplay, so am not expecting to make anything close to what Dennis Nordman originally designed. Should be a fun challenge regardless!

proc.jpg

#194 6 years ago

I hope you get it! Then maybe I can trade mine for an AFM

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from swedishc:

Up next I am going to write all new rules for the game in Python. The game already has great gameplay, so am no expecting to make anything close to what Dennis Nordman originally designed. Should be a fun challenge regardless!

sounds very interesting, keep the group updated on your progress

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from swedishc:

I replaced my WPC CPU board with a P-ROC pinball controller board and got pinMAME running on my laptop to emulate the original roms.
Everything is working except some issues with the turbo and the divertor, but that should be pretty easy to fix.
Up next I am going to write all new rules for the game in Python. The game already has great gameplay, so am not expecting to make anything close to what Dennis Nordman originally designed. Should be a fun challenge regardless!

Wow!

I think all the owners here would have some suggestions for improvement. The top thing that comes to mind for me would be adding a multiball restart when you get down to 1 ball and haven't hit a jackpot. If it's a total rule rewrite, I guess some of these ideas to polish the current code wouldn't really apply.

Please keep us updated on your progress.

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

I hope you get it! Then maybe I can trade mine for an AFM

Don't understand?

#198 6 years ago

Any chance these are for sale anywhere?
Thanks for posting the pic.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 984 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside