(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,514 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by UNCgump
  • Topic is favorited by 73 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20210928_222242839 (resized).jpg
IMG_20210928_222347256 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
20210523_113007 (resized).jpg

There are 1514 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.
#1501 22 days ago
Quoted from Apex:

Going to be hard to tell from a picture. But basically you want to bend it so the angle between the back of the vuk and the playfield is at a lower angle. You could also look at it like you want to bend the top of the vuk toward the player.

So am I just bending the top of the VUK downward towards the player/ playfield ? Any idea why cliffy mentions trimming the blue pad?

#1502 22 days ago

Yup. My experience is that as the vuk gets hammered over time the angle and pad tend to bounce the ball almost straight back towards the entrance. When you bent the vuk toward the player, the rebound is directed more down which will help land in the saucer. The reason I am guess cliffy mentions trimming the pad is that if you bend the vuk far enough toward the player the pad can catch the ball as it ejected up the vuk.

#1503 20 days ago
Quoted from Apex:

Yup. My experience is that as the vuk gets hammered over time the angle and pad tend to bounce the ball almost straight back towards the entrance. When you bent the vuk toward the player, the rebound is directed more down which will help land in the saucer. The reason I am guess cliffy mentions trimming the pad is that if you bend the vuk far enough toward the player the pad can catch the ball as it ejected up the vuk.

So I bent the top of the VUK downwards a bit. Before I did this the top of it was almost touching the plastics above it. Can anyone tell me that did this as well if it looks like it's bent down far enough? I'm still getting bouce outs / more so with the cliffy installed.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#1504 20 days ago

I'd never install the cliffy to begin with

#1505 20 days ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

I'd never install the cliffy to begin with

Yeah I've read other people saying the same thing. It does however look much better than the enterance getting chewed up. Hope to get the vuk tweeked right to be able to keep the cliffy on.

#1506 19 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Yeah I've read other people saying the same thing. It does however look much better than the enterance getting chewed up. Hope to get the vuk tweeked right to be able to keep the cliffy on.

What I should have said is

Do you have a gate installed? Mine had the cliffy when I bought it. Bounce outs all the time. Didn't want the work of removing it or messing with the backstop. Installed a gate. Bounce outs are now extinct.

#1507 19 days ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

What I should have said is
Do you have a gate installed? Mine had the cliffy when I bought it. Bounce outs all the time. Didn't want the work of removing it or messing with the backstop. Installed a gate. Bounce outs are now extinct.

No i dont but it has come to mind. I just installed some foam along the side of the left side ball guide. I'll see how that goes.
Did you fabricate a gate ? how is it mounted? I've seen a post where holes were drilled in the ball guides . I'm hesisatant to do this in fear I'll screw it up!

#1508 19 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

No i dont but it has come to mind. I just installed some foam along the side of the left side ball guide. I'll see how that goes.
Did you fabricate a gate ? how is it mounted? I've seen a post where holes were drilled in the ball guides . I'm hesisatant to do this in fear I'll screw it up!

I think I bought this from Marco Specialties. I just mounted it to the post, the other side is amply held in place by slight downward pressure so that it is sturdy and doesn't seem to slide on the plastic or seem to rotate on the post in either direction. I've played hundreds of games since doing this and it's worked beautifully.
IMG_20210928_222242839 (resized).jpgIMG_20210928_222347256 (resized).jpg

#1509 19 days ago

Thanks for posting . Kinda surprised this works on such a angle .

#1510 19 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thanks for posting . Kinda surprised this works on such a angle .

It doesn't look quite right, but it covers as much of the ball path as you need to do the job, and the rebound force that would produce a bounce out is pretty low velocity. Others may have better approaches, but this was easy to install and it's lasted!

#1511 19 days ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

It doesn't look quite right, but it covers as much of the ball path as you need to do the job, and the rebound force that would produce a bounce out is pretty low velocity. Others may have better approaches, but this was easy to install and it's lasted!

Thanks again for posting ! I'll have to give it a try. Has anyone tried just removing the blue cushion all together ? Generally scoops don't have cushions anyways.

#1512 19 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thanks again for posting ! I'll have to give it a try. Has anyone tried just removing the blue cushion all together ? Generally scoops don't have cushions anyways.

yup, removed the blue cushion and added target foam in its place, works well for me, still get the odd bounce out but ok.

#1513 17 days ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

So I added a gate but the ball would get stuck on it from the rebound. I double checked your pic and I see you don't have the plastic there. Mine is present along with a protector . So my height is higher than yours. I'll have to continue to make something work.

#1514 17 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

So I added a gate but the ball would get stuck on it from the rebound. I double checked your pic and I see you don't have the plastic there. Mine is present along with a protector . So my height is higher than yours. I'll have to continue to make something work.

I don't know what plastic I'm missing, but you may simply be able to find a different-size gate.

There are 1514 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside