(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,470 posts
  • 199 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by gweempose
  • Topic is favorited by 75 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
20210523_113007 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
pintech-web-banner-EP056 (1) (resized).jpg
20210420_120645 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpeg
20210417_113834 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210322_154459487 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210322_154442712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210322_154431244 (resized).jpg

There are 1470 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.
#1451 20 days ago

Happy race day!

1 week later
#1452 11 days ago

anyone have a source for the tension springs that go inside the illuminated targets? I was repairing mine and i lost the spring in one unit.

#1453 11 days ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

anyone have a source for the tension springs that go inside the illuminated targets? I was repairing mine and i lost the spring in one unit.

That sux, going to be hard to get.
Someone needs to redesign/repro those targets to be more reliable and accessible to those that have trashed ones.
What a crappy design.

#1454 10 days ago

They are definitely an odd element of the game. Zero relationship to theme. And it's notable that the hardware elements were never used again..

#1455 10 days ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

There is a workaround.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indianapolis-500-owners-thread-everyone-welcome/page/17#post-4811422

#1456 10 days ago
Quoted from Puckstop:

I’m looking for a replacement Indy 500 translite. Repro’s are ok. Thanks in advance

several available on ebay through classic arcades

#1457 9 days ago
Quoted from UNCgump:They are definitely an odd element of the game. Zero relationship to theme. And it's notable that the hardware elements were never used again..

Classic Nordman though. He routinely put new mechanical features in his games. Sometimes they were reused, sometimes not. These obviously not. Probably due to both cost and reliability.

#1458 9 days ago
Quoted from TheRave:

Classic Nordman though. He routinely put new mechanical features in his games. Sometimes they were reused, sometimes not. These obviously not. Probably due to both cost and reliability.

I actually like them (apart from breakage). I just wish they were better integrated via sound, DMD, or playfield art.

#1459 9 days ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

They are definitely an odd element of the game. Zero relationship to theme. And it's notable that the hardware elements were never used again..

I always thought they were sort of loosely based on a checkered race flag. Whatever they are, it’s cool that they are unique to this game only.

#1460 9 days ago

Pinballinc makes the target insert and the housing. I think someone else makes the board but I can't remember who.

#1462 9 days ago
Quoted from UNCgump:

I actually like them (apart from breakage). I just wish they were better integrated via sound, DMD, or playfield art.

Same. For the last year, I've bought every spare part I can find related to the targets, so i suspect I'll be good for awhile. I think the PCB's were the hardest parts to find, but a user on here is/was making them.

#1463 8 days ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

Same. For the last year, I've bought every spare part I can find related to the targets, so i suspect I'll be good for awhile. I think the PCB's were the hardest parts to find, but a user on here is/was making them.

Dumbass . Well not you but, that's the user name who makes these!

#1464 8 days ago

I find that especially if you've racked up INDY insane souvenirs, the pit stop multiball (which is fairly low scoring) is a good time to deliberately try to pick off and advance the light up target waves, especially of course if you can get a ball cradled on each flipper.

#1465 7 days ago

Question... When the car on the left ramp turns to the side, is it supposed to hold a ball?

#1466 7 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Question... When the car on the left ramp turns to the side, is it supposed to hold a ball?

Yes. It should hold the ball at the beginning of Pit Stop multiball.

#1467 7 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yes. It should hold the ball at the beginning of Pit Stop multiball.

Thanks! My car moves but doesn't hold the ball. Any ideas? When should it release the ball?

#1468 7 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thanks! My car moves but doesn't hold the ball. Any ideas? When should it release the ball?

It releases the ball when you shoot the right ramp, or when the Pit Stop times out (I believe it is 25 seconds).

#1469 7 days ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It releases the ball when you shoot the right ramp, or when the Pit Stop times out (I believe it is 25 seconds).

Just checked the PAPA tutorial video. Looks like my car doesn't move over far enough to hold the ball. Something to look into.

#1470 7 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Just checked the PAPA tutorial video. Looks like my car doesn't move over far enough to hold the ball. Something to look into.

The diverter probably just needs a slight adjustment.

There are 1470 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 30.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside