(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 970 posts
  • 161 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by BioBa
  • Topic is favorited by 58 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 271 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190314_124025 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190314_122604 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190314_124006 (resized).jpg
A1819E51-EAD5-4EDE-8A4E-4322722A7159 (resized).png
F597C309-EB1C-456D-A353-85610B272C53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4553 (resized).JPG
IMG_4552 (resized).JPG
IMG_4551 (resized).JPG
IMG_4550 (resized).JPG
IMG_4549 (resized).JPG
4081843F-658A-4E9A-9BB4-B741C97BC1AA (resized).jpeg
4D25548D-4B5A-497E-9703-57A42F01A8A9 (resized).jpeg
71AAF5A9-22E9-459C-84A5-682482795D64 (resized).jpeg
313CFC57-55D2-4206-90C1-D6D0B1D062FE (resized).jpeg
42140320-87B9-413D-B2B2-E597252F5220 (resized).jpeg
3AF989DF-1767-47B2-B1B0-9C94511098AC (resized).jpeg

There are 970 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.
#51 6 years ago

It is available for any DMD WPC pin I believe, you just get single color out of it. Though that single color can be of your choosing.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I just picked this one up on Friday June 21, 2013 for $2,100.00 from a couple in Peoria Arizona off of Clist. Gave it a cleaning and triple wax before I had some fun this weekend with it. Very Fast. Loving it with its first few plays, and decided early, it is a keeper.
On another note: I am wondering when a NEMA 3R kit will be available for the pinball machine so we can start keeping the pinball machines outdoors, thereby allowing us all to have more in our collections?

saw that one...looks to be a very nice machine!

#53 6 years ago

I understand that.. I think the stock orange old fashion DMD color matches as good as any single color i could pick. Kinda matches the cab. I would like a full color DMD though.

#54 6 years ago

love indy 500 got the mylar signed at the 500 two years ago by a bunch of 500 winners !

#55 6 years ago

Ed, you are falling into Steve's clever trap to keep this game outta my hands. Don't do it!

In all seriousness enjoy the game. If you ever get tired of it or don't find it appealing enough let me know. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it at PAPA and would like to spend some time with one.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

saw that one...looks to be a very nice machine!

I had the pinball Angel looking over my shoulder when I clicked on Clist last week. I have been looking for one and the price was a real deal. The guy was nice enough to hold it for me. Needs rear leg plates and ring set, but other than that it is great. Lots to explore. Love the Indy 500 race for many years on TV and the voices are a wonderful memory lane blast. All the best.

#57 6 years ago

Here's a little trivia for you Indy 500 owners. I would say once out of every 50 or more games the game will have a special speech call out very similar to one in Whitewater. Can you guys guess what the phrase is?

#58 6 years ago

I'd trade mine if anyone was interested. Plays great, cars in front of ramps have insert lift and typical fading.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Here's a little trivia for you Indy 500 owners. I would say once out of every 50 or more games the game will have a special speech call out very similar to one in Whitewater. Can you guys guess what the phrase is?

Are you sure you're talking about WhiteWater and not Scared Stiff? I can't think of any similar ones from WH2O, but maybe I haven't heard it or my memory is terrible.

#60 6 years ago

It's definitely like a phrase from Whitewater. I've only heard it once out of all the games I've played on Indy 500, that's how rare it is.

#61 6 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

It's definitely like a phrase from Whitewater. I've only heard it once out of all the games I've played on Indy 500, that's how rare it is.

I know it !!

"It's a great day for pinball Bobby - and a great day for racing"

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

I know it !!

That's not from WhiteWater. Is it?

On the plus side, if you hear it once every 50 games, movingpictures should have heard it around 7 times on Sunday.

#63 6 years ago

I think the callout only triggers if you flip L,R,R,R,L,L,L,R,L,R during multiball start.

Be careful when trying this at a friends house, they may yell expletives at you during the process.

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

I know it !!

That's not it. No special flipper code needed. Has nothing to do with multiball.

#65 6 years ago

^^^ I think he was kidding.

#66 6 years ago

When are we gonna get the answer?

#67 6 years ago

The problem is, as owners, we've all probably heard the call-out many times. So, it doesn't seem rare.

#68 6 years ago

Ok, here's another clue. There's a special call out in Whitewater that you can get every 5 games. That call out is very similar to the one in Indy but the word at the end of the phrase is different and it begins with the letter W. The last word in the phrase for Whitewater also begins with a W.

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Ok, here's another clue. There's a special call out in Whitewater that you can get every 5 games. That call out is very similar to the one in Indy but the word at the end of the phrase is different and it begins with the letter W. The last word in the phrase for Whitewater also begins with a W.

I used to have both games sitting right next to each other, and I have no idea what you're talking about.

#71 6 years ago

In WH2O I know it says "come on, you weine" but I don't remember anything like that in Indy.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I used to have both games sitting right next to each other, and I have no idea what you're talking about.

I owned Whitewater for quite a while, and I don't know either.

The only somewhat rare callout I can think of in WH2O is "Secret of the cow?". Or maybe "You found the secret passage!"

"Get the extra ball... ya wiener!" has a W, but I don't think it's in I500.

I can think of nothing that would come up on a regular basis every 5 games.

#73 6 years ago

IIRC, Big Foot will let out a crazy scream every once in a while at the beginning of a game, but it's way less often than once every five games.

#74 6 years ago

Now you guys got it! Whitewater will say "get the extra ball ya wiener!" when you light extra ball 5 times. Indy 500 will say "get the extra ball ya wanker!" Anybody else hear that phrase?

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Now you guys got it! Whitewater will say "get the extra ball ya wiener!" when you light extra ball 5 times. Indy 500 will say "get the extra ball ya wanker!" Anybody else hear that phrase?

There's my problem.

I'm sure I've never lit the extra ball in I500 5 times. The most EBs I've gotten is probably 3. I don't see them pop up on the video mode any more, so I only get 1 or 2 most games now.

#76 6 years ago

That stupid extra ball target in white water... It should just be renamed to "collect bonus" instead of "extra ball". Same result.

#77 6 years ago

EB target in WH2O should be collected in MB.

My I500 only gives one extra ball so haven't heard the "wanker" call out. Pretty funny. Good humor in I500, very Nordman.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Indy 500 will say "get the extra ball ya wanker!" Anybody else hear that phrase?

That's funny! I honestly don't recall hearing it before. It's interesting that they chose to use a British colloquialism like "wanker" on such an intrinsically American game.

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Decals will be coming soon. If not authentic pretty soon, Black Market will be available!!

That's great news! Who will be creating these, and how can I get a set of new decals?
My machine is in amazing shape except for the faded cabinet art.

#80 6 years ago

interested.....^^^

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

There's my problem.
I'm sure I've never lit the extra ball in I500 5 times. The most EBs I've gotten is probably 3. I don't see them pop up on the video mode any more, so I only get 1 or 2 most games now.

Actually it doesn't matter how many extra balls you get in one game. On Whitewater, it's lighting the extra ball 5 times from game to game. It could be one, two, three, etc. however many games it takes until you've done it 5 times. The game will remember. But I'm not sure if it remembers where you left off when you turn off the game and restart it. Now on Indy it's just like Whitewater but it doesn't happen every 5 times. I want to say every 50 or more times. No I did not play the game 50 times in a row getting extra balls to hear the call out, lol. I was at Cyberstation in Niles, IL back in the day when I was watching a kid play and heard the call out. It was a production game, not a proto.

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

I was at Cyberstation in Niles, IL back in the day when I was watching a kid play and heard the call out.

Is that the arcade in Golf Mill?

#83 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Is that the arcade in Golf Mill?

Cyberstation is what it used to be called years ago when it was owned by Namco. Not sure what its called now, but its owned by some older guy that overcharges for dirty, broken pinballs for sale.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Cyberstation is what it used to be called years ago when it was owned by Namco. Not sure what its called now, but its owned by some older guy that overcharges for dirty, broken pinballs for sale.

I grew up ten minutes from Golf Mill. My friends and I used to go there to play Mortal Kombat back in the day.

#85 6 years ago

Getting rid of the fade!

photo.JPG

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Pacer:

Getting rid of the fade!

It must feel good to remove that faded decal. Does this mean you were able to find a new one?

#87 6 years ago

It would be nice if someone made these decals.

#88 6 years ago

I just finished doing a complete restore on I believe to be a early sample machine. It has the powder blue lower playfield and has 0.060A game Rom I could not find any info on this Rom.I looked on IPDB and they list 0.8 rom as the first rev. Does anybody know what 0.060 A Rom is? I will post some pictures of the machine when I get a chance. It came out really nice.

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It would be nice if someone made these decals.

appears that someone is.

#90 6 years ago

Short video with ColorDMD Sigma/scan lines.

1 week later
#91 6 years ago

I just got through with a pretty good game of I500 and noticed something odd. I was focusing on getting first position, because I don't think I've ever done it. Sure enough, I made it there on ball one. But, the victory lap didn't light.

From the rulesheet:
Victory Lap can be lit by:
Light-Ups: Wave 6
Speedway: Getting the Checkered Flag
Laps: After 200 laps
Position: When you reach position 1.

I also managed to finish the 6th light-up wave -- pretty sure it was the first time doing that -- and the Victory Lap lit up as expected. I collected that VL along with the Speedway one, for a cool 500 million. Then I took care of the Laps VL for 200 million.

I finished at 2.8 billion points for the game. Also notable: had 3x scoring going with Wrong Turn and Multiball for around 10 or 15 seconds, which was awesome. Had 8x bonus on that same super long ball, but tilted it away. I imagine it was 200 or 300 million points.

One other thing I noticed was that, although 3x multiplies laps awarded by the ramps, it does not multiply passes on the left orbit. I doubt this was intentional, given how hard position is compared at least to laps and speedways.

So, has anyone definitely gotten a VL from getting Position 1? Anyone want to try it and see if it works for you? Glass off is fine.

#92 6 years ago

I'm wondering,

Has anyone had a shorter pit stop time than 3.5 seconds?

I know I've done better, yet that's the best time my machine shows.

#93 6 years ago

Who would've thought that you would tilt your bonus away Steve?

#94 6 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I'm wondering,
Has anyone had a shorter pit stop time than 3.5 seconds?
I know I've done better, yet that's the best time my machine shows.

4.9 secs on mine, but not by me.

#95 6 years ago

I put up a 4.4 on mine

#96 6 years ago

I've gotten 2.6.

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from Pacer:

I've gotten 2.6.

Wow!!! Yesterday, I was playing and I did it as fast I could possibly imagine. As soon as the ball was fed to the right flipper, I flipped early and gently caromed it off the right slingshot. The ball bounced directly over to the left flipper, and I timed it on the fly and shot it right up the ramp. I thought for sure I would have set a new record, and yet I didn't beat my previous record of 3.7 seconds. I honestly don't see how it can be done any faster. I think some of it might have to do with how fast the ball comes through the shooter lane hole. If it gets hung up there even a tiny bit, it can cost you an extra half a second or so.

#99 6 years ago

I was sitting at about 3.5 for awhile and don't recall the circumstances that got the 2.6 (it actually could be 2.8 I'm not sure, and I just took it all apart for the restore pictured above so I can't check. BTW, backbox is done and right side cab is done).

I'm trying to think if there is any situation where I could have had another ball on the table when the pit mode was started such that I wasn't waiting on the new ball to be served, but rather fortuitously had a ball on the left flipper earlier, but I can't seem to think of a way that it is possible.

I wonder if I started Pit at a point that the CPU was overloaded and it started the timer late. Sorry I can't give more info.

#100 6 years ago

okay this thread stinks as he now forces me to go grab my indy 500 at a friends - i just sold one recently because of this thread as somehow people figured it out it was me who had 2 of them. well i sold one and i am going to bring the other one home and play it like crazy.

of course i need a day off to go get it - and days off have been hard to come by lately.

thanks ed

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
There are 970 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside