(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,736 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Santis
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6362 (resized).jpg
IMG_6363 (resized).JPG
slingshot-right (resized).JPG
slingshot-left (resized).JPG
back-vuk (resized).JPG
back_vuk_before (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9325 (resized).jpeg
20230708_172458 (resized).jpg
Indy 500 Plastic (2) (resized).jpg
Indy Race Track (2) (resized).png
Indy 500 Wire Guide (resized).jpg
moo (resized).png
IMG_9123 (resized).jpg
There are 1,736 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 35.
#901 4 years ago

Blitzburgh99 Go into switch test and test the switches for the right ramp, specifically switch 76 "right ramp made". I noticed the car wasn't spinning on mine awhile back and tracked it back to a dead 76 switch. If its not (or intermittently) triggering during switch test the switch could be dying or you could have a loose wire connection somewhere else in the path.

#902 4 years ago

Couple of more questions:

The balls are shooting off the rails into the middle of the playfield when multiball starts. Is this by design, or do I need to adjust the wire form somehow?

Software on my game is 0.6. What is the newest/best software to get?

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Couple of more questions:
The balls are shooting off the rails into the middle of the playfield when multiball starts. Is this by design, or do I need to adjust the wire form somehow?
Software on my game is 0.6. What is the newest/best software to get?

No, something is wrong. The balls should exit the wire-form at the inlane. Might have to bend the angle of the wireform so they don't "jump the track"

#904 4 years ago

Looking for target boards. GLM isn’t responding anymore :-/

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for 3 Target boards, part number A-19823”
2020-02-19
Gaithersburg, MD
Wanted
Archived after: 121 days
Viewed: 154 times

#905 4 years ago

Both are new never installed. $45 to your door in the USA
IMG_2441[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2441[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2442[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2442[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2443[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2443[1] (resized).JPG

#906 4 years ago

I think he’s looking for the boards with the LEDs. If he doesn’t need the target housing/assembly, my game needs one. PM me if they don’t go to 27dnast.

#907 4 years ago

This game is humbling me! Still trying to figure the rules and game out, but I can’t keep a ball alive long enough to feel like I’ve accomplished anything. Love it!

#908 4 years ago

I think he’s looking for the boards with the LEDs. If he doesn’t need the target housing/assembly, my game needs one. PM me if they don’t go to 27dnast.

I’m looking for boards

#909 4 years ago

This game is humbling me! Still trying to figure the rules and game out, but I can’t keep a ball alive long enough to feel like I’ve accomplished anything. Love it!

I had the game setup super steep for the first few months... it was too much. It’s actually more fun around 6.5.... just more controllable.

I also made some tweaks/cleaned upper lanes/pops for more varied Lane and pop action. Radically boosted my enjoyment of the game.

#910 4 years ago

I am searching for an original printed Indy 500 Instruction card. Anyone have one in good condition that they'd part with?

#911 4 years ago

Ahhh! Comet 2smd sunlights in GI. New target installed. Ready to see how fast this baby goes!!!!

435C7E29-A225-48E7-9B61-F38ED0753DF8 (resized).jpeg435C7E29-A225-48E7-9B61-F38ED0753DF8 (resized).jpeg
#912 4 years ago

^awesome lineup you got there

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

^awesome lineup you got there

Thanks! Here’s the four I’ve got. Once I dial in the I500, I’ll switch the WCS around with it so the games are in chronological order. I need get some 1smd bulbs for the WH2O and I500 for the backboxes. Getting too much reflection on glass right now.
4CD14073-20B9-4D5D-9187-049F08A9438B (resized).jpeg4CD14073-20B9-4D5D-9187-049F08A9438B (resized).jpeg

#914 4 years ago

All of them are amazingly solid games. Enjoy!

#915 4 years ago

Is the car in the back corner supposed to spin around every time you hit the right ramp? It works fine during car test but I can’t get it to spin during game play. Any help would be appreciated

#916 4 years ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is the car in the back corner supposed to spin around every time you hit the right ramp? It works fine during car test but I can’t get it to spin during game play. Any help would be appreciated

I had the same problem with mine.. The switch right at the back of the ramp needed adjusting.

#917 4 years ago

Yes my car will spin on right ramp shot. First if you have a lousy game it won't spin at all. The car spins multi ball jackpot shot,
Pit stop shot for pit multi ball, lighted fast lanes shot.

Maybe more but that's it's so far.

#918 4 years ago

My car was spinning intermittently. The existing switch worked in test mode. I went ahead and just put a new switch in because I had one. When reassembling, I noticed that one of the screw holes is an oval shape and the other one is a circle. I assume the oval hole allows for adjusting the switch angle up and down so the ball can hit the switch correctly.

You might just want to adjust those screws and make sure they are snug so the switch assembly doesn’t change position from repeated hits. After all the work changing my switch, I think that’s all my game needed. But now I have peace of mind knowing I have a brand new switch and shouldn’t have to get back into that again anytime soon.

#919 4 years ago

Problem seems solved, adjusted the right ramp made switch and now she spins!

#920 4 years ago

I'm working on some custom mods for a Nascar owner who wanted a couple of the icons from the Indianapolis Speedway (the tower and the pagoda). Got me wondering if any Indy 500 owners might be interested. I'm still working on the pagoda, but here is my rendition of the tower. The stats on it are from the 2019 Indy 500 race (200 is the final lap, 226 was the fastest lap, and the 33 positions were the final race outcome). The tower is 4.5" tall, so wasn't sure 1) if anyone would even be interested, and 2) if that size would fit at an appropriate place on the playfield. Plan is to use clear mounting tape for base, but I could print with a solid platform at the bottom if that would make it more secure.

I haven't set a price yet, as I need to see what I can come up with for the pagoda first. Anyway, thought I would get thoughts from Indy 500 owners.

0fd08c95eec0151fd60c4aa196b0f03ac749aca1.jpg0fd08c95eec0151fd60c4aa196b0f03ac749aca1.jpg Added over 5 years ago:

Well, I finished the pagoda, but it is far too much effort for me to want to offer them for sale (over 30 pieces, 2 days of printing, over an hour of assembly, etc.) However, I will make the tower available for $25, including US shipping, and I will even custom the race results for a given year's race if you prefer (one shown is 2019).

If interested please PM me, and we'll work out all the details.

#921 4 years ago

Wanted: I500 manual. The sites I looked at all show out of stock. Any leads appreciated.

#922 4 years ago

When a ball is locked in the turbo and it spins slowly waiting for the second lock, it it normal for the ball to slide along the inside of turbo housing and make a scraping sound? I didn't play mine too much before I did a full tear down, but I don't remember hearing the light scraping sound it makes now. I had thought that it was the motor (and thus the impeller) was mounted slightly off center from the main housing. I spent some time adjusting it back to center, but the noise still persists. I am pretty sure the ball is rubbing on the inside lip of the housing as it goes around, but when I spin it by hand it doesn't rub. It almost seems like the centripetal force of it spinning is causing the ball to move out of it's resting hole. If this is true, then I would expect all games to behave the same. Except maybe because I cleaned and relubed the gearbox, the "slow" speed is now spinning faster?

I have tried to raise and lower the impeller to no avail. The turbo works perfectly otherwise.

#923 4 years ago

After a little experimentation, I found that indeed this is my issue. I got glued a little magnet on the impeller to better hold the ball in place while it is spinning at the slow speed. It solved my scraping problem.

Is there a need for replacement impellers? I am thinking about 3d printing an improved design to help keep the ball in place instead of adding the magnets.
20190705_112717.jpg20190705_112717.jpg 20190705_112711.jpg20190705_112711.jpg

#924 4 years ago

Looks like my game is set up around 7.5 degrees and it is brutal! After a good 30 minutes of playing, i think I said “dammit! Ok last game” at least 6-7 times before I actually shut it down. Is I500 the most sadistic game out there? Lol

#925 4 years ago

Looks like my game is set up around 7.5 degrees and it is brutal! After a good 30 minutes of playing, i think I said “dammit! Ok last game” at least 6-7 times before I actually shut it down. Is I500 the most sadistic game out there? Lol

And that's why I love it lol!

#926 4 years ago

Is this too steep?

98E3B134-BA34-45BF-87A4-B29F4297C3B9 (resized).jpeg98E3B134-BA34-45BF-87A4-B29F4297C3B9 (resized).jpeg
#927 4 years ago

Is this too steep?[quoted image]

Never!

#928 4 years ago

Is this too steep?[quoted image]

I originally had my I500 setup aggressively steep. I lowered it down, tho... this is one of those games that’s more fun at a less aggressive pitch. At least in my opinion. Still an ass kicker no matter what.

#929 4 years ago

Made it to position #1 today, but the victory lap didn’t light up. I’m running code 0.6. Was this an early software bug?

3AF989DF-1767-47B2-B1B0-9C94511098AC (resized).jpeg3AF989DF-1767-47B2-B1B0-9C94511098AC (resized).jpeg
#930 4 years ago

Did you get into 1st place using the 10 passes from Gasoline Alley? If so, that's a known bug.

#931 4 years ago

Congrats, I don't know never done it. I won the race because I started all the modes. I did this several times.

BTW, I thought 3rd gasoline alley shot gave you 15 positions?

On a side note no idea why you would select points given the choice.

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

BTW, I thought 3rd gasoline alley shot gave you 15 positions?

I'm sure you're right. I don't play GA anymore.

#933 4 years ago

I did get the 15 spots from Gasoline Alley

#934 4 years ago

Wait. If you collect those positions from GA, you can win?

#935 4 years ago

I recently purchased this game. It's very fast and lots of great shots. It's very addicting!!!

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Wait. If you collect those positions from GA, you can win?

I made it to 1st with them, but the Victory Lap didn’t light. Is that still a win?

#937 4 years ago

I made it to 1st with them, but the Victory Lap didn’t light. Is that still a win?

Yes, why not?

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Yes, why not?

I agree. Just thinking the 0.6 code has a bug that didn’t light it. This game is really fun to shoot. Tough.

#939 4 years ago

3 ways to win that I know of.

1) play all the modes goes to checked flag
2) go from starting position I think it's 28 to Ist which is what Blitzburg did. The third shot in Gasoline alley mode advances you 15 positions.
3) Complete 200 laps.

Not sure what points does and why you would select it for an award.

1 week later
#940 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I am really getting itchy to play/own one of these. Anybody want to trade for a WCS?

It only took six years, but I finally landed an Indy 500 for my collection! Joined the club today

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

3 ways to win that I know of.
1) play all the modes goes to checked flag
2) go from starting position I think it's 28 to Ist which is what Blitzburg did. The third shot in Gasoline alley mode advances you 15 positions.
3) Complete 200 laps.
Not sure what points does and why you would select it for an award.

4) complete all waves of the lighted standup targets will also activate the Victory Lap.

Not sure the exact Victory Lap award values, but the more of the four achieved will increase the value. Below is from the manual.

42140320-87B9-413D-B2B2-E597252F5220 (resized).jpeg42140320-87B9-413D-B2B2-E597252F5220 (resized).jpeg
#942 4 years ago

4) complete all waves of the lighted standup targets will also activate the Victory Lap.
Not sure the exact Victory Lap award values, but the more of the four achieved will increase the value. Below is from the manual.[quoted image]

I completed 3 victory lap goals in one game and I don't recall a change in value. I remember earning 200M for each victory lap collected.

I read somewhere that some roms scored victory laps at 100M. Maybe those increase in value.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I completed 3 victory lap goals in one game and I don't recall a change in value. I remember earning 200M for each victory lap collected.

They increase in value when you collect the checkered flag for more than one of them at a time. Think: Attack from Mars hurry-ups.

#944 4 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

They increase in value when you collect the checkered flag for more than one of them at a time. Think: Attack from Mars hurry-ups.

Im pretty sure I did that. The Victory Lap insert was lit and I collected it three times before the insert finally went out.

I wasn't aware exactly which goals I achieved other than completing all the modes. But they must've been stacked because the insert stayed lit until after the 3rd victory lap scoop shot. That's when I noticed it was over.

I really didn't know what was supposed to occur. At first I thought it was unlimited VL points until the insert went out.

I suppose I maybe scored less on the first shots, but I thought I saw they were all scoring 200M.

#945 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Im pretty sure I did that. The Victory Lap insert was lit and I collected it three times before the insert finally went out.

If it's lit for multiple collects, you collect it by hitting it once. Sounds like you completed one item, then complete another very shortly after. Etc. Not at all uncommon.

#946 4 years ago

Put in colordmd, and lowered the pitch a little. Made it to 200 laps for first time, but I’m running 0.6 code and the Victory Lap didn’t light. ... ooh so close to 1st place! Highlights included a 7x Bonus multiplier that brought in 571M points!

4D25548D-4B5A-497E-9703-57A42F01A8A9 (resized).jpeg4D25548D-4B5A-497E-9703-57A42F01A8A9 (resized).jpeg71AAF5A9-22E9-459C-84A5-682482795D64 (resized).jpeg71AAF5A9-22E9-459C-84A5-682482795D64 (resized).jpeg313CFC57-55D2-4206-90C1-D6D0B1D062FE (resized).jpeg313CFC57-55D2-4206-90C1-D6D0B1D062FE (resized).jpeg

#947 4 years ago

This was a VERY satisfying game....mm, mm, mmmmm!!

4081843F-658A-4E9A-9BB4-B741C97BC1AA (resized).jpeg4081843F-658A-4E9A-9BB4-B741C97BC1AA (resized).jpeg
#948 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

No, something is wrong. The balls should exit the wire-form at the inlane. Might have to bend the angle of the wireform so they don't "jump the track"

Quick update. I tried bending the wireform carefully as not to break it, and added a few washers on the bottom left mounting post. Still having balls fly off. The game was setup super steep. I lowered the pitch the other day and now balls are staying on the rails much, much better.

#949 4 years ago

Blitzburgh, there is a bar close to where I work that has an Indy5 with a clear piece of plastic zip tied to the end of the wire form, right before where the ball drops back into the lane. I've played the machine a few times and it seems to address the issue perfectly. Depending on where the balls are shooting off your wire form, might be a helpful thing to try.

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

... this is one of those games that’s more fun at a less aggressive pitch. At least in my opinion. Still an ass kicker no matter what.

I took your advice and lowered pitch down. It’s still between 6.5 and 7 range, and it made the game much more playable. When it was too steep, I was just reacting to balls flying everywhere instead of shooting for things.

It’s still an ass kicker! There are very few, if any, lulls in the game. In and out of multiballs, modes firing up left and right, grabbing laps and positions....very good game by Nordman! Gotta give a bunch of credit to Mike Boon and Craig Sylla for the great code, too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 37.50
€ 17.50
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,736 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indianapolis-500-owners-thread-everyone-welcome/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.