(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 981 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by PinballManiac40
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 273 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

681FBB47-2995-4784-B8CC-25BDEF0FCFD3 (resized).jpeg
2ECC7919-CC80-4097-A10A-E8830DD93851 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190314_124025 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190314_122604 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190314_124006 (resized).jpg
A1819E51-EAD5-4EDE-8A4E-4322722A7159 (resized).png
F597C309-EB1C-456D-A353-85610B272C53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4553 (resized).JPG
IMG_4552 (resized).JPG
IMG_4551 (resized).JPG
IMG_4550 (resized).JPG
IMG_4549 (resized).JPG
4081843F-658A-4E9A-9BB4-B741C97BC1AA (resized).jpeg
4D25548D-4B5A-497E-9703-57A42F01A8A9 (resized).jpeg
71AAF5A9-22E9-459C-84A5-682482795D64 (resized).jpeg
313CFC57-55D2-4206-90C1-D6D0B1D062FE (resized).jpeg

There are 981 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.
#751 1 year ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Prepare for bounce-outs with a cliffy , unless you are also able to perform the "bending of the bracket" . Ultimately, I went with no cliffy.

I just fixed this on my game with Cliffy installed by removing the blue rubber stop. I could probably cover the metal scoop with something softer (but not bouncy!) to protect the balls, but I'll replace them periodically anyway.

My bounce-out percentage now seems to be about 10%. Honestly. I've actually taken down my CL ad to sell the game because I want to see what I can do with the turbo boost hole actually working.

#752 1 year ago
Quoted from ellray:

I just fixed this on my game with Cliffy installed by removing the blue rubber stop. I could probably cover the metal scoop with something softer (but not bouncy!) to protect the balls, but I'll replace them periodically anyway.
My bounce-out percentage now seems to be about 10%. Honestly. I've actually taken down my CL ad to sell the game because I want to see what I can do with the turbo boost hole actually working.

replace the blue rubber with dead stop foam

#753 1 year ago

So adding a cliffy to the turbo area causes bounce outs?

#754 1 year ago

My first pin .... ever. Indy 500. I finally took the plunge after going back and forth for a few years. Pin was restored, cleaned, new parts, and just before arriving new side decals were put on. Now I hope it never breaks That was the scariest part of finally pulling the trigger, not knowing what to do when something goes wrong. But sometime ya gotta just say what the .................... Figure I'll learn as I go.
After one week I still haven't figured everything out, but the more I play the more I'm liking this one.

One thing I noticed after playing a few days is each player always starts with 2 laps (5%) and position 28 (15%). Is this in a setting somewhere? Maybe the Race Difficulty settings?

Already thinking about the colorDMD that just came out. Probably go LED, just cause I'm an old fart, but might think about LCD. What are others going with for their I500's?

X3 (resized).jpg

X4 (resized).JPG

#755 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It can. I've played some that were a pita to lock a ball.

#756 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I also have a cliffy on my Indy 500 and no bounce outs, but my playfield is covered with a playfield protector. Maybe this changes the situation.

#757 1 year ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

replace the blue rubber with dead stop foam

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's working so well that I don't think it could improve.

#758 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yes, but IMHO it's well worth dealing with the turbo boost bounce-outs to protect the playfield. I feel like I'm cheating when I play a game with a scoop hole that's 50% larger than it should be due to edge wear. It's not fun honestly. And repairing that is messy at best.

I think the issue is the tiny bit of bounce that the ball gets from hitting the front lip of the cliffy (worse if the cliffy doesn't stay flush with the playfield). And the stock blue rubber on the scoop is too resilient (maybe after 20 year of oxidation?), so I was seeing literally 80% bounce-outs until I removed it.

My solution was to remove the rubber stop, but there are many others (including the suggestion just above to replace the blue rubber circle with some "dead-stop" foam, which I believe is the stuff you can buy to put behind stand-up targets). Another person had success adding foam to the guide to the left of the turbo boost hole.

#759 1 year ago

piece of the blue block double taped to the backwall of saucers, prevents the bounce outs. Did it on the upper middle and the turbo shot. Very very rarely do I have a bounce out. I discussed it earlier in this thread I believe.

3 weeks later
#760 1 year ago

Hoping to join the club real soon!

Anything in particular I should be looking out for when scoping out a prospective purchase? I know the left ramp was unobtainum. Still the case?

#761 1 year ago
Quoted from mixmastapj:

Hoping to join the club real soon!
Anything in particular I should be looking out for when scoping out a prospective purchase? I know the left ramp was unobtainum. Still the case?

Still on the hunt?

#762 1 year ago

Thinking of putting my Indy on the market. What is a player condition indy going for?

#763 1 year ago

Not sure but they seem to be in demand.

I think mine is in very good shape not much fade if any I was offered $4,000 . Can't sell at this time.

#764 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

Not sure but they seem to be in demand.
I think mine is in very good shape not much fade if any I was offered $4,000 . Can't sell at this time.

thanks

#765 1 year ago

Mine sold at 3100, little fade on 1 side. Nice player. Lots of 25-2800 offers....

#766 1 year ago

What do people think a fair price would be?

IMG_8943 (resized).JPG

IMG_8945 (resized).JPG

IMG_8944 (resized).JPG

IMG_8946 (resized).JPG

IMG_8947 (resized).JPG

IMG_8948 (resized).JPG

IMG_8949 (resized).JPG

IMG_8952 (resized).JPG

IMG_8953 (resized).JPG

IMG_8954 (resized).JPG

IMG_8955 (resized).JPG

IMG_8956 (resized).JPG

IMG_8958 (resized).JPG

IMG_8959 (resized).JPG

IMG_8961 (resized).JPG

IMG_8962 (resized).JPG

IMG_8963 (resized).JPG

IMG_8964 (resized).JPG

IMG_8965 (resized).JPG

IMG_8966 (resized).JPG

IMG_8968 (resized).JPG

IMG_8970 (resized).JPG

#768 1 year ago

2850-3000

#769 1 year ago

$3000-$3300

#770 1 year ago

I just bought one for 4400 :barf:

TBF, It had a great LED mod, powdercoated rails and legs, additional race car props, Cliffys, ColorDMD, etc.

Basically the 1k in upgrades I was going to do to a $3500 machine anyhow. If that's what it took to get a hard to find game, then it's what I had to do.

#771 1 year ago
Quoted from mixmastapj:

TBF, It had a great LED mod, powdercoated rails and legs, additional race car props, Cliffys, ColorDMD, etc.
Basically the 1k in upgrades I was going to do to a $3500 machine anyhow. If that's what it took to get a hard to find game, then it's what I had to do.

Whoa! Is that from a guy in southern PA?

#772 1 year ago
Quoted from mixmastapj:

As long as it plays better than Chelsea.

#773 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Whoa! Is that from a guy in southern PA?

Nah, had to STI it in from Denver.

Quoted from TaylorVA:

As long as it plays better than Chelsea.

Not a high bar this year.

#774 1 year ago

Wow, that’s pretty aggressive. There were a couple for sale in the VA area if I’m not mistaken.

Hope you’re enjoying the game!

#775 1 year ago

My Indy sold yesterday for asking price. Thanks for the pricing suggestions.

#776 1 year ago

Can someone who has the new color dmd show pics or video of a couple of the different settings? I’m between the two I like the idea of the large dots and the fill in the gap. But really like the brighter dmd that fits perfectly in the machine. If I could see what they look like it would go a long way to help me make my decision.

#777 1 year ago

Made it here in one piece from Denver to Baltimore!

This thing plays like a brand new stern. Previous owner did some real nice work here. I'll try and get some better pics tonight.

IMG_20180417_135340 (resized).jpg

#778 1 year ago

FINALLY!!!

After foolishly selling my last one to Dave from Flippers several years ago, this one is back in my collection. Thank you TaylorVA!

#779 1 year ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

FINALLY!!!
After foolishly selling my last one to Dave from Flippers several years ago, this one is back in my collection. Thank you TaylorVA!

Right on man, happy to know it is staying in VA.

1 month later
#780 1 year ago

Does anyone know where this plastic goes? When I received my machine it was just free floating in the outside lane, making the ball get stuck.

02FECC77-EDAC-4B4A-AAD5-D55DCEAC6719 (resized).jpeg
#781 1 year ago

I can't really tell but some of that color is by the pops, I'm thinking lower left.

#782 1 year ago
Quoted from enkiktd:

Does anyone know where this plastic goes? When I received my machine it was just free floating in the outside lane, making the ball get stuck.

Here you go!

40C766DF-6D2C-4D03-9688-3C9BD8B3DE30 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#783 1 year ago

Looking for replacement boards for Indy 500 Target.

Anyone have an idea. Can't seem to get ahold of Great Lakes Modular.

#784 1 year ago

"He might not even know there's a replacement target board available from Great Lakes Modular Paul!"
--Turbo Bobby

#785 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

"He might not even know there's a replacement target board available from Great Lakes Modular Paul!"
--Turbo Bobby

That's the problem I can't get ahold of anyone over there.

#786 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

--Turbo Bobby

#787 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I’ve contacted them about those boards on multiple ocassions...

*crickets*

#788 1 year ago

have someone catch them at a show. They usually have a booth at the shows.

#789 1 year ago

Having the same problem, emailed Great Lakes days ago, no response. Also, Great Lakes have not been to any shows for a while now.

#790 1 year ago

Hopefully someone that knows the owner can shed some light on what’s going on. Sure would be nice if they opened their e-shop back up!

1 week later
#791 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

--Turbo Bobby

My friends and I no longer use the word "turbo" without Bobby attached to it.

i.e. "My first car, I remember like it was yesterday. A 94 Volvo 850 GLT 5-Cylinder with a Turbo Bobby"

#792 1 year ago

Also responding to things with "THAT'S RIGHT PAUL" in Bobby's voice

#793 1 year ago
Quoted from mixmastapj:

My friends and I no longer use the word "turbo" without Bobby attached to it.
i.e. "My first car, I remember like it was yesterday. A 94 Volvo 850 GLT 5-Cylinder with a Turbo Bobby"

Me too! Whenever anyone says "turbo", I say "bobby" in my head.

2 months later
#794 1 year ago

Bump..
Since Great Lakes Modular has been MIA. Does anyone have any extra Indy 500 target boards. I need 2.

Currently trying to get my old ones repaired but would like a backup plan.

Anyone happen to have an extra one they can part with?

Is there another alterternative. Really want to save this machine it's pretty much perfect except for this missing part.

#795 1 year ago

Bump..
Since Great Lakes Modular has been MIA. Does anyone have any extra Indy 500 target boards. I need 2.
Currently trying to get my old ones repaired but would like a backup plan.
Anyone happen to have an extra one they can part with?
Is there another alterternative. Really want to save this machine it's pretty much perfect except for this missing part.

I bought two semi populated I500 playfields in the past. I've already parted with both playfields, big main ramp, all plastics and one stand up target housing. According to my pictures I might have six target boards in my stash. I'll check tonight and let you know.

i500_1 (resized).jpgi500_2 (resized).jpg
#796 1 year ago

The target boards are becoming very difficult to acquire. Found two on Ebay Italy site. Great Lakes Modular should at least shut down th website. All there doing is wasting time for customers.

#797 1 year ago

i500 owners -

Do you find your games have relatively little pop bumper action? My game always seems to send balls through the center rollover lane (above the pops), and trickles out with one or two bumper strikes. Wondering if anyone else experiences this.. what kind of tweaks help (outside of adjusting bumper sensitivity)

#798 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

i500 owners -
Do you find your games have relatively little pop bumper action? My game always seems to send balls through the center rollover lane (above the pops), and trickles out with one or two bumper strikes. Wondering if anyone else experiences this.. what kind of tweaks help (outside of adjusting bumper sensitivity)

It’s odd that sometimes I get tons of pops and other times almost none. I get a mix of both.

Tweaking them can be an annoying process. Bring the blades too close together and you have vibrations setting them off

#799 1 year ago
Quoted from Spinape:

It’s odd that sometimes I get tons of pops and other times almost none. I get a mix of both.
Tweaking them can be an annoying process. Bring the blades too close together and you have vibrations setting them off

It’s not a gap problem on my game. The ball literally seems to avoid pop contact as it (routinely) falls through the middle lane. I’m sure that reads weird. But true

#800 1 year ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

It’s not a gap problem on my game. The ball literally seems to avoid pop contact as it (routinely) falls through the middle lane. I’m sure that reads weird. But true

Back legs jacked up too high? Pitch of 9 degrees maybe?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 981 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside