(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 984 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Silverballer
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 274 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BCCFC17A-0FCA-4833-B9BD-8E4563324EB0 (resized).jpeg
681FBB47-2995-4784-B8CC-25BDEF0FCFD3 (resized).jpeg
2ECC7919-CC80-4097-A10A-E8830DD93851 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190314_124025 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190314_122604 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190314_124006 (resized).jpg
A1819E51-EAD5-4EDE-8A4E-4322722A7159 (resized).png
F597C309-EB1C-456D-A353-85610B272C53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4553 (resized).JPG
IMG_4552 (resized).JPG
IMG_4551 (resized).JPG
IMG_4550 (resized).JPG
IMG_4549 (resized).JPG
4081843F-658A-4E9A-9BB4-B741C97BC1AA (resized).jpeg
4D25548D-4B5A-497E-9703-57A42F01A8A9 (resized).jpeg
71AAF5A9-22E9-459C-84A5-682482795D64 (resized).jpeg

There are 984 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 20.
#701 2 years ago

Has anyone done a custom Pinsound mix for Indy 500?

2 weeks later
#702 2 years ago

Indy 500 looks good in the middle between the two music pins.
Three great pinball machines you got there Gryszzz.
20170601_125117 (resized).jpg
"He may not even know that upper flipper is there".

#703 2 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Added note on my flaky I500. If I just start the game, I now do not get any GND shrt messages, but the outhole kicker just keeps kicking. If I load balls in the trough or not. If I start a game, the kicker justs keeps going.
Mike

Did you get your game working yet?

1 month later
#704 2 years ago

Anyone have a source on the parts to rebuild/make a light up stand up assembly?

I have the black housing and clear face.

Just need the torsion spring
which I think is this >>> http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/playfield-parts/springs/10-496.html
and then the hardware which is some sort of brass tubular rivet.

#705 2 years ago

Just joined the club! A couple of questions.

I'm running 1.0 rom. I believe 1.1 is out. Worth the upgrade?

Are plastics hard to find? Mine are good but I would like 1 to look better.

Cliffy for that turbo hole - worth it?

Thanks

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just joined the club! A couple of questions.
Cliffy for that turbo hole - worth it?
Thanks

Prepare for bounce-outs with a cliffy , unless you are also able to perform the "bending of the bracket" . Ultimately, I went with no cliffy.

Also , there are different versions of the playfield. I went through some prototyping development (sending measurements) for my type. I wasn't into bending the bracket.

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Anyone have a source on the parts to rebuild/make a light up stand up assembly?
I have the black housing and clear face.
Just need the torsion spring
which I think is this >>> http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/playfield-parts/springs/10-496.html
and then the hardware which is some sort of brass tubular rivet.

Pinbits sells the brass hinge tubing, but I think you are going to have a very hard time finding that spring. AFAIK, it's unobtanium.

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Funny that I just saw this post after such a long time with this game and problem.
Let me bring everyone quickly up to speed. I got this I500 about 1 1/2 years ago. Friend brought it to me after he had another tech who had it for a year trying to fix a ground short issue.
I started to trace the problem when I was diagnosed with rheumatoid Arthritis and was not able to lift the playfield up. Blah Blah rehab blah blah right meds and I am doing better.
Got back to it last weekend, with help got the playfield out and on its back. Started tracing the wires and got to the WPC 10 Opto Board (A-15430, A-18159, A-20246). Pulled the cable assy plug with the wire I was tracing and fired the game up...no error messages. Took out board and noticed all three LM399s were replaced with no sockets. Ordered chips from Great plains and while de-soldering the chips, i noticed one of the Lm399 was inserted backwards. Finished soldering in sockets, inserted chips, fired it up....Works like a champ.
My friend will be so happy to see it again. Why would you solder chips which have a failure rate without sockets?
Mike

20170721_062730 (resized).jpg

#709 2 years ago

Question, why choose points when selecting awards?

So you make shot can choose with flippers,like laps,value 15,000 - 20,000, lite extra ball,spot lane etc.

What's the advantage for choosing points? I asked Dennis Nordman at MGC in April he didn't know.

#710 2 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Pinbits sells the brass hinge tubing, but I think you are going to have a very hard time finding that spring. AFAIK, it's unobtanium.

Got a link?

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Funny that I just saw this post after such a long time with this game and problem.
Let me bring everyone quickly up to speed. I got this I500 about 1 1/2 years ago. Friend brought it to me after he had another tech who had it for a year trying to fix a ground short issue.
I started to trace the problem when I was diagnosed with rheumatoid Arthritis and was not able to lift the playfield up. Blah Blah rehab blah blah right meds and I am doing better.
Got back to it last weekend, with help got the playfield out and on its back. Started tracing the wires and got to the WPC 10 Opto Board (A-15430, A-18159, A-20246). Pulled the cable assy plug with the wire I was tracing and fired the game up...no error messages. Took out board and noticed all three LM399s were replaced with no sockets. Ordered chips from Great plains and while de-soldering the chips, i noticed one of the Lm399 was inserted backwards. Finished soldering in sockets, inserted chips, fired it up....Works like a champ.
My friend will be so happy to see it again. Why would you solder chips which have a failure rate without sockets?
Mike

Congrats on your repair!!

#712 2 years ago

Here's a link to all the I500 specific parts they sell. It shows the tubing as "sold out", but I'd give them a call ...

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=13_31

1 week later
#713 2 years ago

Just joined the club. I bought the game on reputation having never played it. I500 is way better than i thought it would be. I got one with bright red cabinet. I see mostly orange cabs . Fast fun on this one.

i500 (resized).jpg

#714 2 years ago

Hello friends how are you?

I need a new translite for my Indi 500. Today look likes impossible to find. Do you know if someone is making reproductions or have some NOS available?

#715 2 years ago

Posting some pictures of my Indy 500 before I sell or trade it. It has brand new side art and its in near perfect shape. It is fast and a lot of fun. I will miss this game for sure. The first pic is at Little Shop of Games (They did the new side art about a year ago). Its been a fantastic game and one you don't see often. Even if you are not into cars or racing this is a must have game.

Indy1 (resized).JPG

IMG_2268 (resized).JPG

indy2 (resized).JPG

indy5 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#716 2 years ago

Hi Indy 500 folks, Just bought my game and love it! Fast, challenging and deep enough for me!
1 week in, I have a problem. The balls just keep kicking out when I turn it on. They stack up. If I start game, they just keep coming....launching one after another.
Help!!

John

#717 2 years ago

An idea that leaps to mind is to check the switch in the plunger lane that is depressed when the ball is served up. It's job is to tell the machine that there is a ball there. A wire may have come loose or the switch itself may need to be replaced.

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

An idea that leaps to mind is to check the switch in the plunger lane that is depressed when the ball is served up. It's job is to tell the machine that there is a ball there. A wire may have come loose or the switch itself may need to be replaced.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will take a look, but it would have to be pretty obvious to me. Have never worked on these games.....anything more specific...like what would the switch look like.
Thanks for your patience.

#719 2 years ago

MY I500 is doing the same. It's full time multiball, but the game does not know it. Obviously I don't play it, but it just keeps sending out all 4 balls!!

#720 2 years ago
Quoted from zgusto:

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I will take a look, but it would have to be pretty obvious to me. Have never worked on these games.....anything more specific...like what would the switch look like.
Thanks for your patience.

I responded in your other thread with pictures and details how to check.

3 weeks later
#721 2 years ago
Quoted from swedishc:

Anyone know where I can find a serpentine ramp (A-19979) replacement? I looked in the usual spots and it looks like no one is making new ones yet.

I am after this same ramp. Anyone have one they are willing to part with?

2 weeks later
#722 2 years ago

I'm having the same problem with my kick hole. Just keeps kicking balls out. I fiddled with the action the first time and that worked, but just went on the fritz the other day.....can't get it to stop! I am not experienced working on pins...

I also have a sticky upper flipper. This is a pain when going for the right hand ramp (hit the wall) I have to tap a number of times, before it goes flush. Really does hurt play!

On a fun note, I just bought mine and Love it! I am a big Indy and Formula 1 fan and the theme and game play are awesome!! My game, I believe, is quite nice! HUO, upgraded software and sound, LEDs, chromed legs and trim.

Hopefully, someone can help!

Thanks,

John

#723 2 years ago

its likely a trough switch problem or trough wear problem .Balls can stick in trough from worn divots in metal. You.can fix worn trough with repair shim I think Marco has them .Take all the balls out of trough put the game in switch test and drop them in one at time to verify all switches are registering

1 month later
#724 1 year ago

Hey gang! Old problem that was fixed for awhile when I replaced the target optos, has started reoccurring. When I hit the right flipper it scores flashing target points, even lights up the opto. Something touching something maybe? Gettin ready to get this ole girl restored but I'd like to track this down 1st. Thank you!

#725 1 year ago

Just an update. My Indy game is working great and very enjoyable. My balls being constantly kicked out was solved by a tech; bad optos? Replaced all 3 flippers, and am loving the game.
I do have a broken target up by the turbo lane, my guy says those light up target parts are hard to get/find. If anyone can help with that, it would be great.

Merry Christmas!

#727 1 year ago

Planetary pinball has them

#728 1 year ago
Quoted from pintime:

Planetary pinball has them

Ditto, I replaced all 3 sets in october, I was looking for supplier info and thought either Planetary or Marco.

I think it was Planetary, pintime. Rick's game service in Gilberts ,Il found them and installed them. There was a trick they didn't work until he put black tape on them to register. He first tried black magic marker. I also bought a spare set.

2 weeks later
#729 1 year ago

Went away for awhile, now it's back. Hitting the rt flipper scores 1m on stand-ups. Any ideas on where to start?

#730 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Went away for awhile, now it's back. Hitting the rt flipper scores 1m on stand-ups. Any ideas on where to start?

Shot in the dark, but I had something similar on IJ once. A diode on a switch on the playfield was bent causing short. It was screwing with the switch matrix. Might want to check.

1 month later
#731 1 year ago

I'm replacing the 4-way stand ups on an Indy 500. I bought the replacements from Planetary: just the plastic target and housing, I was able to fix the boards. But I hear these are pretty fragile, maybe not as strong as originals? Has anyone installed those? Are they holding up? Does anyone have tips / experience bulletproofing these some? I'm thinking of adding extra plastic or epoxy or use some cushioning.

#732 1 year ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'm replacing the 4-way stand ups on an Indy 500. I bought the replacements from Planetary: just the plastic target and housing, I was able to fix the boards. But I hear these are pretty fragile, maybe not as strong as originals? Does anyone have tips / experience bulletproofing these some? I'm thinking of adding extra plastic or epoxy or use some cushioning.

get the GPE target boards!

They will make sure the tabs done get broken again due to the wider opto slot.

#733 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

get the GPE target boards!
They will make sure the tabs done get broken again due to the wider opto slot.

I assume you mean the GLM ones? I reached out, but got no response, don't know how to buy them. Is that slot the main problem? Is it possible to just replace the optos on the board with wider spaced ones? Anyone know what part it is? I've heard some people make guides for the slot? Does that work? Or can you tighten up the target in the housing so they have less freedom of motion?

Based on the condition of the ones I pulled, it seemed everything was susceptible! The LEDs on the boards were mostly smashed off too, but I could replace those and got them working.

4-way-targets (resized).jpg

#734 1 year ago

oops, yes GLM.

#735 1 year ago

I put a little bit of target foam on the ledge the face slams into. Not sure it did anything for longevity but it does sound a lot less destructive when you hit them.

I replaced all 3 of my faces several years ago since the new ones didn't match the texture/color of the old ones. I used the stock boards and have not had a problem with breaking the tab in the home use environment.

1 week later
#736 1 year ago

Can someone tell me... are the opto PCB boards for the square lit targets (57, 58...) total unobtanium?

#737 1 year ago

Seem to be out of stock everywhere. You can try contacting the manufacturer to see if they have any - http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/index.html?http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/crossreference.html

#738 1 year ago

Sent them an email a few days ago... no response. :-/

#739 1 year ago

If someone needs a bit of inspiration to colorize the backbox. I just did mine like this:
IMG_7057 (resized).JPG

IMG_7055 (resized).JPG

IMG_7050 (resized).JPG

#740 1 year ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

If someone needs a bit of inspiration to colorize the backbox. I just did mine like this:

no no no. Never ever use color in backboxes or playfield GI's. Looks like shit every time. Especially with a nice art package on the backglass like this one has. Just go with warm white. And pull out half of the bulbs......space them out so you only have a bulb about 3-4 empty sockets evenly spaced out and you reduce your glare about 80%. you wont' even know that many bulbs are gone. Warm white only.

Anyone have any other options for inner cabinet side art? I don't like the checkerboard design. I would like maybe like the inside of a race track. Have some road, fence and crowd, to make it look like the playfield is on the track. Would fit better with the theme. Checkerboard looks drastically out of place and overrides the playfield.

#741 1 year ago

I’m joining the Indy Club Tuesday - pretty stoked!

#742 1 year ago

I agree, colorized backboxes rarely look better than well thought out whites. But to each their own.

Have you thought about mirrored blades?

#743 1 year ago

Hey folks-

I've been looking around for any instruction cards for the game, and didn't find any that I really liked, so I created some using some stock images from google and photoshopping away. Feel free to use them as you wish. Or not.

Mike

indy 72 2 final (resized).jpg

indy 500 final 2 (resized).jpg

#744 1 year ago

in!

image (resized).jpg

1 week later
#745 1 year ago

Game 71 Takes the Chequered Flag!

ColorDMD is excited to announce that Indianapolis 500 (I500) is the 71st game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! I500 was colored by ColorDMD's own Chris Enright. This is Chris' sixteenth title release, and adds to other favorites he has produced including STTNG, Indiana Jones, and Metallica!

The ColorDMD for I500 pinball machines shares the same easy-to-install hardware platform as previous ColorDMD releases. All displays ship with the factory installed SIGMA ROM that supports WPC, WPC95, SAM, Whitestar, and SPIKE platforms. Multicolor operation is enabled through download and installation of a game-specific color ROM file, available from our site. ROMs can be changed at any time, allowing use with any of our supported titles.

Displays are available now for immediate shipping! The color ROM for I500 is targeted for release by Friday, February 23!

Sign on to our mailing list or watch our Facebook page for news on upcoming releases planned for the first half of 2018. For more information, please visit us at www.colordmd.com.

ba8c2549-7841-44c8-9c49-38f68f2d99ad (resized).png

7b6bfe2a-726e-480e-9759-8bf6c98d5102 (resized).png

16f0b683-1a17-430b-a645-b586ef6e4754 (resized).png

793b1b67-fc4c-46f5-9970-7e1e7d7bc523 (resized).png

48945ff6-1872-4685-a58b-97b278919c23 (resized).png

#746 1 year ago

Whats the difference between the LED and ColorDMD option?

#747 1 year ago
Quoted from mwong168:

Game 71 Takes the Chequered Flag!
ColorDMD is excited to announce that Indianapolis 500 (I500) is the 71st game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! I500 was colored by ColorDMD's own Chris Enright. This is Chris' sixteenth title release, and adds to other favorites he has produced including STTNG, Indiana Jones, and Metallica!

Curse you! I guess I need to order another ColorDMD kit!

#748 1 year ago

COLORDMD I500 VIDEO PREVIEW!

Indianapolis 500 (I500) is the 71st game to be supported by the ColorDMD multicolor pinball display platform! I500 was colored by ColorDMD's own Chris Enright. This is Chris' sixteenth title release, and adds to other favorites he has produced including STTNG, Indiana Jones, and Metallica!

Displays are available now for immediate shipping! The color ROM is targeted for release on Friday, February 23!

#749 1 year ago

Color file is up!! This is the LED display. 20180223_133600 (resized).jpg20180223_133510 (resized).jpg

#750 1 year ago

I went LCD

4230F6DB-BF14-4524-9C8C-77FDCDBAC271 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 229.99
There are 984 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside