(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,736 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by Santis
  • Topic is favorited by 78 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6362 (resized).jpg
IMG_6363 (resized).JPG
slingshot-right (resized).JPG
slingshot-left (resized).JPG
back-vuk (resized).JPG
back_vuk_before (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9325 (resized).jpeg
20230708_172458 (resized).jpg
Indy 500 Plastic (2) (resized).jpg
Indy Race Track (2) (resized).png
Indy 500 Wire Guide (resized).jpg
moo (resized).png
IMG_9123 (resized).jpg
There are 1,736 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 35.
#651 7 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Mine started to do this before I shopped my machine. In the shopping process, that whole mechanism needs to be removed so I cleaned it up, replaced the coil sleeve, lubed the pivot points and re-assembled. I have not had that problem since.

Thanks for the tip! Inspected and cleaned up the mechanism. Replaced sleeve. Still issue with ball slipping past diverter. Loosened hex screw holding rod to mech under playfield and adjusted diverter from the top side so the ball just barely fit through the gap during normal game play, but created a more forceful hold position during the pit stop. So far, so good!

#652 7 years ago

ISO complete clear target face. Thanks

#653 7 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Thanks for the tip! Inspected and cleaned up the mechanism. Replaced sleeve. Still issue with ball slipping past diverter. Loosened hex screw holding rod to mech under playfield and adjusted diverter from the top side so the ball just barely fit through the gap during normal game play, but created a more forceful hold position during the pit stop. So far, so good!

Awesome, glad you got it figured out!

#654 7 years ago

Added the Cliffy to protect the Turbo hole and was hoping for the best but no luck. For the most part was not getting any bounce outs and now it bounces out 70% of the time. Totally ruins the game. Looks like I will have to take it out. Anyone done anything that has worked to prevent this other than the bending of the backstop, which I don't intend to do because it works perfect without the Cliffy. Hate to bend it and then that does not work as well.

#655 7 years ago

Just wax well and then put down mylar. The wax helps to make sure the mylar can be removed.

4 weeks later
#656 7 years ago

I have the race combo in my game room now. Indy 500 is a lot of fun and everyone loves it.

IMG_2419 (resized).JPGIMG_2419 (resized).JPG

#657 7 years ago

Waiting on the color ROM now for a year. I hope it will be before the end of the year. Come on ColorDMD.

Sigma Indy 500 (resized).pngSigma Indy 500 (resized).png

1 week later
#658 7 years ago

I haven't had any luck sourcing the clear targets. If anyone has an extra set (or even 1) laying around, please shoot me a PM with your price!

#659 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I haven't had any luck sourcing the clear targets. If anyone has an extra set (or even 1) laying around, please shoot me a PM with your price!

I have two clear targets and a black housing. Shoot me a PM.

P1070851 (resized).JPGP1070851 (resized).JPG

#660 7 years ago

are these something that could be 3d printed?

#661 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I don't know anything about the durability of 3D printed parts. These particular targets take quite a bashing, especially the two closest to the flippers. Can 3D printed parts hold up to that kind of abuse?

#662 7 years ago

That bottom tab always gets broken off more than anything. I bought an indy 500 and all three were broken on mine.

#663 7 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I don't know anything about the durability of 3D printed parts. These particular targets take quite a bashing, especially the two closest to the flippers. Can 3D printed parts hold up to that kind of abuse?

my understanding is that you can now print with better/ more durable materials that can handle the abuse

#664 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They'd never survive... even the injection molded stuff doesn't survive. What is needed is a redesigned target and opto setup.

#665 7 years ago

Broken target? No problem. Drilled it out and glued in a switch actuator

IMG_0393 (resized).JPGIMG_0393 (resized).JPG

#666 7 years ago

I am starting to feel like I need these as some sort of back up. Are the original ones not available? Am I insane?

#667 7 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

I am starting to feel like I need these as some sort of back up. Are the original ones not available? Am I insane?

The originals are difficult to find and the repros that came out had a different look and were more brittle IMO.

#668 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

The originals are difficult to find and the repros that came out had a different look and were more brittle IMO.

I agree the repros had a slightly different look. I don't recall them being bad, just slightly different. However, they are different enough that you wouldn't want to install one of the repros next to an original in the bank of 2.

#669 7 years ago

The texture was slightly different and the black paint loved kind of goofy... But in the game I don't think you could tell. I gave my extras away when I sold mine. Note sure why they are so scarce after someone already did the work to make them the first time . I mean we aren't talking huge ramps that require lots of labor etc

#670 7 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I installed repros in my game, and none of them ever broke, even after a lot of plays. I had the newer LED boards with the wider opto, so this may have made a difference. What did break several times, however, was the black housing. I experimented with ways to cushion the target, but I never came up with a solution I was happy with.

Quoted from Schwaggs:

I agree the repros had a slightly different look. I don't recall them being bad, just slightly different.

If you look at my photo above, you can see that the two look slightly different. It's possible that one is an original and one a repro.

1 week later
#671 7 years ago

Hello All:
I have had my I500 for over a year. I have not been able to play it, due to an error on the switch matrix. I have had no luck finding the problem. Maybe someone here can help me out.

Here is the error message i get on the test report...GND Shrt ROW 1 wht brn R1 and GND Shrt ROW 5 wht grn R5 . I know these can be difficult to track down and I have checked the diodes on switches in these rows. I have also replaced the board in the back with a new one.
When I start a game the ball launcher goes crazy trying to shoot up balls even after all the balls are already launched. Any help would be great.
Thanks
Mike

#672 7 years ago

Added note on my flaky I500. If I just start the game, I now do not get any GND shrt messages, but the outhole kicker just keeps kicking. If I load balls in the trough or not. If I start a game, the kicker justs keeps going.
Mike

#673 7 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Added note on my flaky I500. If I just start the game, I now do not get any GND shrt messages, but the outhole kicker just keeps kicking. If I load balls in the trough or not. If I start a game, the kicker justs keeps going.
Mike

put it ins switch test and see if that switch is engaged. Guessing just a flaking switch if you have the matrix issue solved.

1 week later
#674 7 years ago

Indy 500 Targets and Black covers are now on their way to us. These are Injected using original WMS tools, so will hold up better than what was previously available. Should be here late next week ...

[email protected]

#675 7 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

Indy 500 Targets and Black covers are now on their way to us. These are Injected using original WMS tools, so will hold up better than what was previously available. Should be here late next week ...
[email protected]

Sweet, hurry up and put them on the website I have a big order I need to place with you and this is now the last item holding me back.

#676 7 years ago

They are now on the store, just came in this morning - less expensive using the original tooling ...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-9322-1-7

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-9323-3-13

Also, I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in the lenses being like an orange or some other color than just transparent???

rick

#677 7 years ago

I would. Orange would be cool,but I can't wait. I need to order 3 of them now.

#678 7 years ago

Might join the club. Clean machine with topper and leds. Worth $3500?

#679 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Clean machine with topper and leds.

topper?

#680 7 years ago

Is the machine somewhat near where you live djshakes? If you can pick it up yourself and not have to pay $400 to $600 in shipping costs, then that is probably ok price in Calif area if it really is a nice condition machine.

1 month later
#681 7 years ago

I also wanna join the club of the borken targets. I got a nice Indy 500, but of course the targets were broken. I created an easy fix for every one with a 3D printer. It's a "slip on" solution and you don't have to take off the target which is a pain in the ***.

you can dowload the *.stl file for the 3D printer here: http://uploaded.net/file/l63qtaki

Just cut down the rest of the broken target.
IMG_5324 - Kopie (resized).JPGIMG_5324 - Kopie (resized).JPG

so it looks like this
IMG_5369 Kopie (resized).JPGIMG_5369 Kopie (resized).JPG

put a bit of glue on the marked positions
Schalthebel_1 - Kopie (resized).jpgSchalthebel_1 - Kopie (resized).jpg

the printed part looks like this:
IMG_5364 (resized).JPGIMG_5364 (resized).JPG

IMG_5366 (resized).JPGIMG_5366 (resized).JPG

Schalthebel_3 (resized).jpgSchalthebel_3 (resized).jpg

Schalthebel_4 (resized).jpgSchalthebel_4 (resized).jpg

you can use it with the old PCBs but also with the ones from here: http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/index.html?http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/products/pinball/i500itb.html

So at the end it looks like this:
old print
IMG_5416 (resized).JPGIMG_5416 (resized).JPG
IMG_5413 (resized).JPGIMG_5413 (resized).JPG

new print
IMG_5321 (resized).JPGIMG_5321 (resized).JPG
IMG_5322 (resized).JPGIMG_5322 (resized).JPG

#682 7 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

I also wanna join the club of the borken targets. I got a nice Indy 500, but of course the targets were broken. I created an easy fix for every one with a 3D printer. It's a "slip on" solution and you don't have to take off the target which is a pain in the ***.
you can dowload the *.stl file for the 3D printer here: http://uploaded.net/file/l63qtaki
Just cut down the rest of the broken target.

Well done!

#683 7 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

#684 7 years ago

Mine has aluminum metal fins. Someone else went through the trouble of fix it. Did a good job too.

1 week later
#685 7 years ago

I just found another one of the light up target faces if someone needs one.

#686 7 years ago

Anyone have any leads on the indy car on top of diverter?

#687 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Anyone have any leads on the indy car on top of diverter?

If you can't find the original one, you can always buy other 1/43 scale cars off eBay for a reasonable price.

#688 7 years ago

I just finished my little restoration (about 40-50hrs) of my Indy 500. It was in pretty good shape when i got it. Dirty but without major problems. Unfortunately the cab is pretty faded but nearly without any scratches. Will leave it with normal bulbs and no LEDs. It has a very warm golden shine which i like.

(too see sharp pictures click on them)

DSC08586 (resized).JPGDSC08586 (resized).JPG
DSC08588 (resized).JPGDSC08588 (resized).JPG
DSC08589 (resized).JPGDSC08589 (resized).JPG
DSC08598 (resized).JPGDSC08598 (resized).JPG

- everything cleaned
- playfield polish and waxed
- plastics polished and waxed (not one was broke)
- all ramps flame polished and waxed
- wetsanded the ball guides (what a f.. pain, takes forever (+10hrs))
- tumbled all screws and little metal parts
- turbo hole fixed
- new rubbers
- new coil sleeves
- new pinball assemblies
- etc

- it'll get new siderails and a new powder coated coindoor.

1 month later
#690 7 years ago

I just listed an original clear coated playfield in the market place in case anyone in here is interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/45075

2 months later
#691 7 years ago

long story short...

I own 2 I500s now and only need one

I bought one and paid in full about 6 months back from a reputable seller out in PA. He is holding it till I come out in July for Pinnburgh.

Then this past week I found one locally and picked it up.

That means the one in PA is available. Nice overall condition, some cab dings but minimal fade, playing good, and from a well known reputable selelr in that area. You can grab it directly from him and that is preferred so I can shop for something else on my trip.

If anyone is interested, ping me. He his offering it out to his group of friends first but I figured it does not hurt to put out feelers in case anyone is interested here. I can get you some photos if needed.

#692 7 years ago

Indy 500 Targets now in Orange Transparent ... injected original WMS tooling ...

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-03-9323-3-12&Store_Code=PP

03-9323-3-12L (resized).jpg03-9323-3-12L (resized).jpg

#693 7 years ago

Not ready to buy at the moment but looking to add one of these for my location over the summer months most likely, figure it ought to do well in Indiana.

3 weeks later
#694 6 years ago

i500 coming tomorrow!

Any must have mods for this game?
LED's in it better?

#695 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

i500 coming tomorrow!
LED's in it better?

Welcome to the club! Just in time for the upcoming 500!

#696 6 years ago

It's here!

IMG_8587 (resized).JPGIMG_8587 (resized).JPG

#697 6 years ago

My game is running 1.0 code
I see on Planetary that 1.1 is available.

Is it much better?

Thanks

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

i500 coming tomorrow!
LED's in it better?

Congrats. LEDs and LCD Sigma ColorDMD set for yellow. I hope this game will be colorized sometime this year.
indy500 (resized).pngindy500 (resized).png

#699 6 years ago

Does anyone have the art blades from Treasure coves installed in their I500?

Interested to see what they look like

#700 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Does anyone have the art blades from Treasure coves installed in their I500?
Interested to see what they look like

I don't own the game anymore, but here are some photos I took before I sold it. The game had both the sideboard and backboard decals installed. I think they look awesome!

I500 (resized).JPGI500 (resized).JPG
I500 #1 (resized).JPGI500 #1 (resized).JPG
I500 #2 (resized).JPGI500 #2 (resized).JPG
I500 #3 (resized).JPGI500 #3 (resized).JPG
I500 #4 (resized).JPGI500 #4 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 17.50
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,736 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indianapolis-500-owners-thread-everyone-welcome/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.