(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 983 posts
  • 162 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Blitzburgh99
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 274 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BCCFC17A-0FCA-4833-B9BD-8E4563324EB0 (resized).jpeg
681FBB47-2995-4784-B8CC-25BDEF0FCFD3 (resized).jpeg
2ECC7919-CC80-4097-A10A-E8830DD93851 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190314_124025 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190314_122604 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190314_124006 (resized).jpg
A1819E51-EAD5-4EDE-8A4E-4322722A7159 (resized).png
F597C309-EB1C-456D-A353-85610B272C53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4553 (resized).JPG
IMG_4552 (resized).JPG
IMG_4551 (resized).JPG
IMG_4550 (resized).JPG
IMG_4549 (resized).JPG
4081843F-658A-4E9A-9BB4-B741C97BC1AA (resized).jpeg
4D25548D-4B5A-497E-9703-57A42F01A8A9 (resized).jpeg
71AAF5A9-22E9-459C-84A5-682482795D64 (resized).jpeg

There are 983 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 20.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

Try The a-12111 coil stop it's slightly shorter than the original a-12390 Align flipper bats with return lane and not pins in playfield

looks like only a 1mm difference in those brackets. I have the old coil stops, could maybe grind/file them down. I've seen that some people bend the bracket to get more travel also. In looking at youtube videos of people playing their travel looks totally good... Curious what other owners have for travel

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

Can a few of you post pics of the flippers at rest, and at the end of stroke? Mine do not seem to have enough travel, making it nearly impossible to catch the ball. I just rebuilt them, and its basically the same... Not sure if this is just how it is, or just me, heh

Welcome to the club! That is exactly how the flippers were engineered. If your mentally tough & keep playing this pin, your going to become a better player, no matter what your current skill level is.
The video posted above is excellent!

#553 3 years ago

Well 1 mm probably won't make significant difference I thought it was more . Most of players on my game are casual players so I try to set them up more forgiving. With the alignment of my flippers you can cradle the ball .You could slightly bend the rubber stop end of flipper bracket to get more travel.

image_(resized).jpeg

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

Well 1 mm probably won't make significant difference I thought it was more . Most of players on my game are casual players so I try to set them up more forgiving. With the alignment of my flippers you can cradle the ball .You could slightly bend the rubber stop end of flipper bracket to get more travel.

image_(resized).jpeg

Do you mean the coil stop (which is metal), or on the other end?

#555 3 years ago

The opposite end of coil stop , slightly bending that end will give you a little more travel

#556 3 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

The opposite end of coil stop , slightly bending that end will give you a little more travel

Ah, did that and then adjusted the bats, did the trick perfectly. Thanks!

1 week later
#557 3 years ago

Were insert decals ever made for indy 500?

#558 3 years ago

I like how he says, avoid "de-briss" during video mode.

#559 3 years ago

I've joined the club. Awaiting delivery!

#560 3 years ago

I too joined the I500 club and recently bought my first pinball machine.

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Were insert decals ever made for indy 500?

Anybody know the answer to this?

#562 3 years ago
Quoted from xsonics2k2:

I like how he says, avoid "de-briss" during video mode.

That and the Turbo is the "Turbo Bobby". It's "The Turbo, Bobby" per the announcers. Punctuation changes everything.

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Anybody know the answer to this?

I don't recall ever finding any.

#564 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I don't recall ever finding any.

Does anybody have the capability of making any with just words on them? I need 3 insert decals and would be willing to pay somebody to do it.

#565 3 years ago

Wow, just arrived today. Love it!

I'm looking forward to digging into this one. Sounds and feel are awesome

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wow, just arrived today. Love it!
I'm looking forward to digging into this one. Sounds and feel are awesome

Lol! I knew you would like it. It's one of my favorites! Crazy fast & themed perfectly!

1 week later
#567 3 years ago

Is there a way to adjust the turbo? When I have one ball in there and it shoots the ball hits the side of the turbo and slows it down before entering the metal habitrail. When there is 2 locked balls it shoots them out fast like it should

#568 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Is there a way to adjust the turbo? When I have one ball in there and it shoots the ball hits the side of the turbo and slows it down before entering the metal habitrail. When there is 2 locked balls it shoots them out fast like it should

Try putting a washer or two under the turbo impeller to raise its height a bit. That will smooth the transition out of the turbo.

#569 3 years ago

Mine plays smoother than a babies butt.

I keep pushing the start button on Indy. So unique and great.

So much fun.

1 week later
#570 3 years ago
Quoted from msarac:

Try putting a washer or two under the turbo impeller to raise its height a bit. That will smooth the transition out of the turbo.

That worked, thanks

#571 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Mine plays smoother than a babies butt.
I keep pushing the start button on Indy. So unique and great.
So much fun.

Thats what happened to me as well, must have played 100 games in the month I owned it and loved it but got stale and I just traded for a BSD which I'm also hitting the start button on quite a bit.

#572 3 years ago

Finally landed one. Actually it fell into my lap, but I had the feelers out for a year or 2 on this title. Nice when they show up for you and only 30 min away from the house. This is pretty much how it came too. Nice not having to shop it or repair to much. had to install a socket for the RAM so I can install the Anypin in it. Plays and looks great.

IMG_7452_(resized).jpg

IMG_7450_(resized).jpg

IMG_7451_(resized).jpg

#573 3 years ago

I have a NIB AMH up for trade if any I500 owners want to get out of this club. (your will need to add some cash with the trade but I am fair in my valuation assuming you are also)

1 week later
#574 3 years ago

i've been playing the shit out of this since I got it. Man, this game has a lot more going on than I even thought. sooo satisfying , having triple playfield scoring going on, starting multiball, and getting that 3rd ball in the turbo for super jackpot and triple. Holy shit. I'm not a fan of the theme, but this game is a keeper.

#575 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i've been playing the shit out of this since I got it. Man, this game has a lot more going on than I even thought. sooo satisfying , having triple playfield scoring going on, starting multiball, and getting that 3rd ball in the turbo for super jackpot and triple. Holy shit. I'm not a fan of the theme, but this game is a keeper.

For sure! Getting that 3rd ball in the Turbo is intense!

#576 3 years ago

Joining back up in a couple of weeks!

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from The_Gorilla:

Joining back up in a couple of weeks!

Me too, I missed mine terribly and am getting another one. I have a really hard time thinking of a pin I enjoy more... Seriously, what pin is better?

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Me too, I missed mine terribly and am getting another one. I have a really hard time thinking of a pin I enjoy more... Seriously, what pin is better?

I miss mine too. If I find a cherry version, I'll buy it again and sell something else due to space.

#579 3 years ago

I'll post some pics of my new I500. Just had a full restoration by Mike Chesnut. NOS cleared play field all the way to new cabinet decals and all in between. I could not be happier. It plays tough

#580 3 years ago

anyone have a trick to keep direct shots to stay in the green flag saucer? I tried putting blue rubber against the back wall of the shot, still flies right and out into the pop lanes. Only from fast direct shots. frustrating. Every shot should register. Turbo shots are rejected sometimes as well, but not as often as the saucer.

#581 3 years ago

Does anyone here have a compilation of the software bugs in this game.

I know some competitive players who are better than me know more about the things to watch out for playing this game. Any tips would be appreciated.

Msg. me if that's easier.

Thank you.

C2S

#582 3 years ago

I do notice that sometimes the next mode will not flash to let you know what's next. and sometimes the upper left light wont' show in certain attract animations.

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Does anyone here have a compilation of the software bugs in this game.
I know some competitive players who are better than me know more about the things to watch out for playing this game. Any tips would be appreciated.
Msg. me if that's easier.
Thank you.
C2S

There is a situation where you hit a saucer and you need to choose your reward, but the DMD is blank and not showing what the selected choice is. You either randomly flip buttons until the time runs out or just let it choose the first one. I can't pinpoint exactly when it happens though.

#584 3 years ago

Great game. Owned it twice. For some reason, a tough title to sell here in Cali.

#585 3 years ago

I Fixed the middle saucer bounce out issue......

So before, I had placed a blue rubber brick on the left side of the backwall. There was no change. So I took it out. Now I moved it to the right side right up to the edge of the metal. now it's perfect. balls that go into the middle drop right into the saucer. Everything works fantastic. I stuck the blue rubber up with some dry adhesive I have on hand, but you can do it with double sided foam tape as well. use the thin stuff. Clean the metal with alcohol first to make sure it sticks well. I didn't even take anything apart to get it in there. I had my piece cut, and used really long needle nose pliers. Put the adhesive on one side of the blue. peel the back. Hold it on the sides with the needlenose. Guide it under the gate stick it to the wall and reach your hand through the little hole you have and press it tight. Tada!!!

no bounce outs seemed to help a lot. Before my scores would range from 20million to 900 million. Usually 1 game of 200 million + and 20 games of under 40 million. Played a couple of games, and finally reached victory lap for modes, and again for laps in the same game. 2.4 billion!!!! No bounce outs helped a lot in this aspect. I have my outlanes as high as they go, no extra balls and about 7.5 pitch. (set super hard so no long lines during league).

indy500_rubber_mod_003_(resized).jpg

indy500_rubber_mod_001_(resized).jpg

#586 3 years ago

Just finished a deep clean and wax on my Indy500. This game is fast and not forgiving, or I just suck that bad.
Loving it.

image_(resized).jpeg

#587 3 years ago

Can anyone make a victory lap insert decal?

#588 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Can anyone make a victory lap insert decal?

Man, wish you posted a week ago. I had the playfield stripped I would have done it.

#589 3 years ago

Hi All

I joined today!

IMG_0030[1]_(resized).JPG

IMG_0031[1]_(resized).JPG

IMG_0032[1]_(resized).JPG

#590 3 years ago

Congrats ^^^^

Anybody else have a cliffy in the turbo saucer? Mine came with it.

I'm gonna have to remove it or make an adjustment. Can't score big with so many direct hit bounce outs. F ing frustrating.

Turbo combo loop is hard enough.

#591 3 years ago

nice looking game Jim. Looks like mine. Slight fade on one side but damn nice looking cabinet all around.

No cliffy in mine. and turbo stays in about 75% of the time. Clean shots always stay in. Hows the blue rubber on the top look?

I just looked at mine and noticed the blue circle is much thinner than i've seen on most B/W games. Maybe if this was replaced, they may have replaced it , with the more common thick one. Would cause many bounce outs. If I got a lot of kickbacks, i'd shave the circle at a downward angle, starting about 25% from the top and cut an angle. To force the ball downward more when hit.

#592 3 years ago

From what I have read over the years, consensus is that the very minor lip of the cliffy on the turbo protector raises the incidence of bounceouts. I will tell you that even without a cliffy there, you will experience some bounceouts, its just the nature of that shot. Common ways to reduce the bounceout percentage are to bend the ball deflector at the back of the saucer down slightly and/or to add dead foam (like target foam) to the outside lip of the saucer and other various spots in the saucer. Details of these fixes are somewhere in this thread I believe.

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from Jcamm:

Just finished a deep clean and wax on my Indy500. This game is fast and not forgiving, or I just suck that bad.
Loving it.

Looking GREAT! Mine kicks my butt too! I figure if I can get good at it, I should be awesome at all other games!

Quoted from JIM_Z:

Hi All
I joined today!

Welcome!

#594 3 years ago

Hey Tyson, you gonna post some pics of yer Mike Chestnut Indy ? Would love to see what that baby looks like.
No Cliffy here either. I guess I've been super lucky with no common issues that most have.

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

From what I have read over the years, consensus is that the very minor lip of the cliffy on the turbo protector raises the incidence of bounceouts. I will tell you that even without a cliffy there, you will experience some bounceouts, its just the nature of that shot. Common ways to reduce the bounceout percentage are to bend the ball deflector at the back of the saucer down slightly and/or to add dead foam (like target foam) to the outside lip of the saucer and other various spots in the saucer. Details of these fixes are somewhere in this thread I believe.

For me, the Loop Turbo Combo shot on Indy 500 is my favorite shot in pinball.

It hits on all points.

- It's ridiculously fast.
- The ball makes that "thump" sound that's great to hear
- After you hit it, you can pause and admire it.

It's NOT 100%. It'll never be perfect and it shouldn't be. It's pinball. There is no perfect.

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Hows the blue rubber on the top look?

Both top and bottom rubbers are the same.
Just played a few balls and 1 Light up target will not register hits. Guess that will be first.
Dirty game but that will come off and looks like the playfield is very nice.

Thanks!

IMG_0035[1]_(resized).JPG

IMG_0038[1]_(resized).JPG

IMG_0037[1]_(resized).JPG

IMG_0036[1]_(resized).JPG

#597 3 years ago

That baby blue playfield means it's a sample game. When I picked mine up it was still running pre-production code!

#598 3 years ago

I had to adjust one of my light ups were not working either. Someone created little metal fins on all my standups. One had the glue let loose a little. So I epoxied it, and been working perfect ever since.

For bounce outs, dead foam would work, but there really isn't a place to put it, unless you take out the blue circle. Bending it up slightly might work. that is the fix for the IJ mode start saucer.

#599 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

nice looking game Jim. Looks like mine. Slight fade on one side but damn nice looking cabinet all around.
No cliffy in mine. and turbo stays in about 75% of the time. Clean shots always stay in. Hows the blue rubber on the top look?
I just looked at mine and noticed the blue circle is much thinner than i've seen on most B/W games. Maybe if this was replaced, they may have replaced it , with the more common thick one. Would cause many bounce outs. If I got a lot of kickbacks, i'd shave the circle at a downward angle, starting about 25% from the top and cut an angle. To force the ball downward more when hit.

Thx Neo. Gonna see if that helps. I'm getting kickbacks on too many clean shots

#600 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I appreciate it. I think I'll take Cliffy off first

It seems I have to get the speed of the shot just right to make it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 983 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside