(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 984 posts
  • 163 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Silverballer
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 274 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BCCFC17A-0FCA-4833-B9BD-8E4563324EB0 (resized).jpeg
681FBB47-2995-4784-B8CC-25BDEF0FCFD3 (resized).jpeg
2ECC7919-CC80-4097-A10A-E8830DD93851 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190314_124025 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190314_122604 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190314_124006 (resized).jpg
A1819E51-EAD5-4EDE-8A4E-4322722A7159 (resized).png
F597C309-EB1C-456D-A353-85610B272C53 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4553 (resized).JPG
IMG_4552 (resized).JPG
IMG_4551 (resized).JPG
IMG_4550 (resized).JPG
IMG_4549 (resized).JPG
4081843F-658A-4E9A-9BB4-B741C97BC1AA (resized).jpeg
4D25548D-4B5A-497E-9703-57A42F01A8A9 (resized).jpeg
71AAF5A9-22E9-459C-84A5-682482795D64 (resized).jpeg

There are 984 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.
#501 4 years ago

Made some custom cards. Didnt see any other out there!

#502 4 years ago

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

2 weeks later
#503 3 years ago

Hey guys....finally decided to make the led switch. As a total noob to led's, was hoping for some advice here. With all the choices ( ghosting, non-ghosting, flicker, no top) ...I've always been a little overwhelmed. Should I color match inserts, or just go all classic white, or frosted white,...jeez...I dont really know where to start.

#504 3 years ago

Finally!!! Gave up my Judge Dredd for a HUO Indy 500 today.

Indy_500_2.png

Indy_500_3.png

Indy_500_4.png

#505 3 years ago

image.jpeg Here's a shot of backbox done with cointaker frosted cool warm whites and cool whites. It usually takes a mixture of bulbs to achieve what you like .The comet 2smd are the same as cointaker. The frosted warm white is probably the most universal bulb and if your color matching inserts don't buy yellow or orange there to dark also you don't need non ghosting for this game

#506 3 years ago

Pinballmaniac40 enjoy that Indy 500, I sure love my Judge Dredd!

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

Pinballmaniac40 enjoy that Indy 500, I sure love my Judge Dredd!

Sounds like a perfect trade.

#508 3 years ago

Wow, a Dredd for a huo indy! Well done!

#509 3 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Wow, a Dredd for a huo indy! Well done!

Shopped out JD with discounted ColorDMD (original DMD included) for unshopped and minor issues on HUO Indy 500 . Tried to make it fair as possible for us both.

#510 3 years ago

so who is sick of their indy 500 now, and wants to move one. Maybe you want to sell to get something new that came out?

#511 3 years ago

Does any one make play field decal replacement inserts. looking for a "victory lap" replacement

#512 3 years ago

I would have a scan of it, if I restored one, but I don't think anyone ever sent me an indy 500 playfield. They usually don't wear much.

#513 3 years ago

I feel like it was a fair trade.

#514 3 years ago

I just tweeked my VUK and got significantly better results. I was having a lot of bounce outs. First I removed the blue rubber piece and replaced it with a foam piece that formed an "L" shape on the metal back stop piece the blue rubber was in and the left wall of the VUK. I adjusted the angle of the metal piece back stop and great performance.

Still looking for an "Victory Lap" insert decal. Anyone?

#515 3 years ago

Anyone done anything creative on the light up targets? The small tail of the opto interrupter has broken on two of the three on my game. I believe that they were original. I bought 2 spares and have now used them both. Just curious if any pinsiders have done any homemade remedies?

#516 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballTiger225:

Anyone done anything creative on the light up targets? The small tail of the opto interrupter has broken on two of the three on my game. I believe that they were original. I bought 2 spares and have now used them both. Just curious if any pinsiders have done any homemade remedies?

Check out this great tutorial: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-lighted-targets-in-indy-500

#517 3 years ago

I used metal and riveted it to the plastic.

#518 3 years ago

Cool. Thanks!

1 week later
#519 3 years ago
Quoted from swedishc:

Anyone know where I can find a serpentine ramp (A-19979) replacement? I looked in the usual spots and it looks like no one is making new ones yet.

Up!

4 weeks later
#520 3 years ago

Hi, just joined the club. Does anyone have or know where I can find the large plastic ramp? Mine is cracked in a few spots and would like a nos or replacement ramp.

#521 3 years ago

If it's the left ramp you will have to repair it because replacement are not available you may get luckily and find a nos somewhere if it's the right ramp pinball spare parts Australia has them

#522 3 years ago

Yeah it's the left u/snake ramp. Don't have a manual handy to know exact part number but thought I'd try and find one. It's not cracked that bad just would like to find a nos. Thanks

#523 3 years ago

Why does change set up award light change set up? What's the fucking point of it awarding itself?

#524 3 years ago

I am having problems with the light up targets breaking. The angle of the center one is just enough that the center peg hits the opto and breaks off. I replaced it and within 2 games it broke again. Is there a wider center gap opto or something that can be purchased to correct this poor original design? I know there are custom ways to fix these, but looking for info on parts available to correct my problem if I install another new target. Any help is appreciated...Thanks

#525 3 years ago

All I can think of is to fabricate your own guide featuring a wider opening and replace it. Not sure exactly what you'd use. You might also have too much horizontal play on your target face that is exacerbating the issue?

#526 3 years ago

Greatlakes modular has upgraded target opto board with wide sensor .Replaced all 3 on my game and all have worked great for a couple years so far with no problems

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

Greatlakes modular has upgraded target opto board with wide sensor .Replaced all 3 on my game and all have worked great for a couple years so far with no problems

Thanks pintime, this is exactly what I was looking for.

#528 3 years ago

I filed the backside of the peg just enough for it to stop hitting the optic. 2 Weeks now and no issues with it breaking.

#529 3 years ago

A little late on putting up pics but here it is.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#530 3 years ago

I just bought the Greatlakes modular upgraded target opto board with wide sensor. I am trying to remove the old broken light up target from the plastic housing to install a new Marco replacement. How do you remove the old target from the housing? It is hinged at the top with a spring in the middle. Never had to do this before and do not want to break it. Any help is appreciated. thanks

#531 3 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

How do you remove the old target from the housing?

When I replaced mine, I pushed the brass tubing (hinge) out thought one end of the housing. Before disassembling, take a close look at how the spring is held in place. Its a bit of a puzzle but you should be able to get it back together.

#532 3 years ago

If anyone has a i500 for sale in the midwest let me know and feel free to contact me even if you dont see this for a few months

#533 3 years ago

Like schwaggs said you should be able to pull the brass tube out when i changed mine I removed some of the roll on one end of tube with small pliers .Be careful with springs I have not seen any replacements availabe

2 weeks later
#534 3 years ago

Hello All:
I am new to this as I just picked up I500. I am having some issues and was seeking a little advise. When I start the game it gives me a test report. It shows that I have at least 3 things wrong, but am unsure where to go and where to start. Any help on these would be great.
Mike

20160215_112730_(resized).jpg
20160215_112726_(resized).jpg
20160215_112721_(resized).jpg
20160215_095249_(resized).jpg

#535 3 years ago

With that many ground shorts, you might have issued w/ the mother board.

Is there any "acid" damage on the cpu board?

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

With that many ground shorts, you might have issued w/ the mother board.
Is there any "acid" damage on the cpu board?

I had the motherboard reworked in response to this. Not Sure where else to look.

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

I just tweeked my VUK and got significantly better results. I was having a lot of bounce outs. First I removed the blue rubber piece and replaced it with a foam piece that formed an "L" shape on the metal back stop piece the blue rubber was in and the left wall of the VUK. I adjusted the angle of the metal piece back stop and great performance.
Still looking for an "Victory Lap" insert decal. Anyone?

Can you upload a pic of what you did please?

#538 3 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

I had the motherboard reworked in response to this. Not Sure where else to look.

Might want to check that all the switches are not touching something they shouldn't be. If the switch matrix got shorted out, fixing the board is only part of it. Plugging that fixed board back in is a good way to get it to short again.

1 month later
#539 3 years ago

DSC02756_(resized).JPG
DSC02758_(resized).JPG
DSC02757_(resized).JPG
DSC02762_(resized).JPG

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from packie1:

Hello All:
I am new to this as I just picked up I500. I am having some issues and was seeking a little advise. When I start the game it gives me a test report. It shows that I have at least 3 things wrong, but am unsure where to go and where to start. Any help on these would be great.
Mike
20160215_112730_(resized).jpg
20160215_112726_(resized).jpg
20160215_112721_(resized).jpg
20160215_095249_(resized).jpg

I had something similar on IJ and thought it was the MPU but it turned out to be a switch that was bent, eliminating the diode and causing issues. Literally just bent it back.

#541 3 years ago

Hey guys, I just joined the club. The j120 connector is burned up and there was a couple of unattached wires. Can somebody take a closeup pic of it so I can see how to repin it or run through the sequence of wires and which spots to skip. Thanks.

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Hey guys, I just joined the club. The j120 connector is burned up and there was a couple of unattached wires. Can somebody take a closeup pic of it so I can see how to repin it or run through the sequence of wires and which spots to skip. Thanks.

Can somebody help a brother out?

#543 3 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Can somebody help a brother out?

My tech is coming today I just picked it up on wed night but were going over it this aft, I'm gonna make a note now and I'll take some pics for ya, shouldn't be longer than a few hours.

#544 3 years ago

Here you go. You can grab the .pdf manual from ipdb.org if you don't already have it - page 3-25. Good luck!

j120-Indy500_(resized).jpg

#545 3 years ago

Thanks, I didn't realize that info was in the manual. I no longer need a pic hazoff but thank you.

#546 3 years ago

Here it is anyway in case you need visual aid.

DSC02768_(resized).JPG

DSC02769_(resized).JPG

DSC02772_(resized).JPG

DSC02773_(resized).JPG

#547 3 years ago

Thanks guys, I got all the gi working properly. It had been a while since I changed a connector, now I just have to find out why my turbo sensor does not work. Probably dirty, fingers crossed.

#548 3 years ago

Can a few of you post pics of the flippers at rest, and at the end of stroke? Mine do not seem to have enough travel, making it nearly impossible to catch the ball. I just rebuilt them, and its basically the same... Not sure if this is just how it is, or just me, heh

#549 3 years ago

Try The a-12111 coil stop it's slightly shorter than the original a-12390 Align flipper bats with return lane and not pins in playfield

#550 3 years ago
Quoted from mack505:

Can a few of you post pics of the flippers at rest, and at the end of stroke? Mine do not seem to have enough travel, making it nearly impossible to catch the ball. I just rebuilt them, and its basically the same... Not sure if this is just how it is, or just me, heh

Those are Indy 500 flippers. That's what they do (and don't do). It's a fast and furious and infuriating as well. It'll break you down then make you a better player.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 14.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 984 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 20.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside