(Topic ID: 54428)

Indianapolis 500 owners thread. Everyone welcome.

By stevevt

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,737 posts
  • 228 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by amxfc3s
  • Topic is favorited by 79 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6362 (resized).jpg
IMG_6363 (resized).JPG
slingshot-right (resized).JPG
slingshot-left (resized).JPG
back-vuk (resized).JPG
back_vuk_before (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Bracket (resized).jpg
IMG_3190 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9325 (resized).jpeg
20230708_172458 (resized).jpg
Indy 500 Plastic (2) (resized).jpg
Indy Race Track (2) (resized).png
Indy 500 Wire Guide (resized).jpg
moo (resized).png
IMG_9123 (resized).jpg
There are 1,737 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 35.
#451 9 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Why are there 3 lock inserts on the game? Multiball starts after the second lock. Can this be changes in the menu? Someone should re write the rules to use this insert.

During multiball, you put 3 balls in the turbo for a super* jackpot. The inserts are used to display the stashed turbo ball status.

*It's not that super.

#452 9 years ago

The LED's in that look absolutely bad ass. Recipe ?

1 week later
#453 9 years ago
Quoted from bitCurrier:

I could've sworn that the 10 laps awards off of 3x + Gasoline Alley is tripled to 30. The ping sound effect was pinging for 3 seconds.

you are correct sir.

#454 9 years ago

Assistance would be appreciated.

My machine is coming with an error 'Check Fuses F114 and F115'. I've changed both fuses but it still comes up with same message. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

#455 9 years ago
Quoted from Hatska1:

Assistance would be appreciated.
My machine is coming with an error 'Check Fuses F114 and F115'. I've changed both fuses but it still comes up with same message. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

See if this helps:

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Check_fuses_F114_and_F115_message

#456 9 years ago

That's brilliant.
Thanks Steve, very much appreciated.

3 weeks later
#457 9 years ago

Installed the I500 mdr mod this weekend. Great additional to the game. Thanks a lot Sparky!!image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
#458 9 years ago

New owner, picked it up tonight after selling my RFM. Like most the cabinet artwork is faded. The playfield as expected is in great shape with not broken ramps or plastics. The pin needs to be shopped but I have seen allot worse. Off to the races!

2 weeks later
#459 9 years ago

I just joined the club about three weeks ago. I have been an open wheel fan and pinball fan my whole life so it only makes sense that I buy an I500 as my first pin. I got lucky and managed to even find one locally! One question, do any of you have any wear issues near the rollover switch just below where the ball enters the play field from the shooter?

#460 9 years ago
Quoted from robey99:

Installed the I500 mdm mod this weekend. Great additional to the game. Thanks a lot Sparky!!image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

The location you picked looks great! You're playing video clips from the 1995 Indy 500, correct?

#461 9 years ago

Yes. Great video for the game.

1 month later
#462 8 years ago

Hi all,

I picked one up a few months ago. Just curious as to what these are currently selling for.

Thanks!

Indy 500 3.jpgIndy 500 3.jpg Indy 500 2.jpgIndy 500 2.jpg Indy 500 4.jpgIndy 500 4.jpg Indy 500.jpgIndy 500.jpg Indy 500 5.jpgIndy 500 5.jpg
#463 8 years ago

One just sold in the market recently, the cabinet looked unfaded, I think the asking price was $2,800. I picked one up recently for just a bit less, with a faded cabinet. Fun game, not a keeper for me.

1 month later
#464 8 years ago

Looking for an Indy 500 in Texas area. PM if anyone looking to sell or trade one!

#465 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Why are there 3 lock inserts on the game? Multiball starts after the second lock. Can this be changes in the menu? Someone should re write the rules to use this insert.

Super Jackpot is awarded with 3 locks during the main multiball.

#466 8 years ago

Yes the third lock arrow is only relevant in multiball. If you manage to lock two balls in the Turbo during multiball the game kicks out a third ball. Lock that before the other two are kicked out and you get the Super Jackpot

#467 8 years ago

Anyone have a lead on a left ramp for sale?

2 weeks later
#468 8 years ago

I joined the club and am having a few issues with the turbo. Sometimes I only get one ball for multiball or if I lock two balls during mutliball it doesnt give me a third ball. Just goes into ball search mode. I think the turbo "cross" might be slipping on the motor? When I test the turbo it passes all tests but I often after a game I notice the ball sense optos are blocked by the "cross" thingy where the balls sit.

I gather it should be aligned so the hole in the cross is always above the opto receiver when no ball in there? Any help would be great!

#469 8 years ago

It sounds like the turbo is working OK , I would look at ball trough , clean optos and check connectors , check to make sure balls are not sticking in tough because of divots or up kicker that is not adjusted correctly

#470 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

This is how the opto interrupter sits with no ball in the turbo. Is this normal? I would have thought the cut out should be aligned with the opto?

#471 8 years ago

I believe it does not align , i would need to check my game to be 100 % certain . I had problem similar to what your describing and my problem was in the ball trough . Previous owner of my game had adjusted the up kicker higher and randomly the balls would slightly rub the nylon end of plunger just enough that the balls in trough wood not roll all the way forward after a ball was ejected .eliminate the easy stuff first

#472 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg Here's a pic of the normal stop position of turbo

#473 8 years ago

Thanks for the pic pintime. I can't really see wether the ball sense hole is directly under the opto in the pic though. Any chance of taking a pic like mine?

I will check the trough today. I have new trough boards and a plastic sheeth I can slide in to the trough to see if it fixes the issue. Have already cleaned the optos.

Then onto the next issue of turbo popper bounce outs.

#474 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#475 8 years ago

Well there you go. The same as mine! Thank you pintime. Can eliminate the turbo now. Much appreciated.

#476 8 years ago

Woohoo! Thanks pintime. It was the trough. Used a plastic trough sheath I had spare from jd and now multiball is working perfectly!

Can't thank you enough for reminding me to try the easy stuff first.

#477 8 years ago

Happy new member - just got an excellent sample version with Cointaker Premium LED Kit.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#478 8 years ago
Quoted from KingDaddy:

Happy new member - just got an excellent sample version with Cointaker Premium LED Kit.

Congrats! I hope you have UV protection on those windows. I500s are notorious for cabinet fade.

#479 8 years ago

The turbo bounce out on my game were very common i know one solution was to bend the ball stop bracket but i haven't tried that .On my game i changed the upper flipper coil to weaker red coil FL11630 also changed flipper bat rubber to titan silicone .These changes helped a lot there are very few bounce outs the weaker coil has more than enough power to make shot

#480 8 years ago
Quoted from pintime:

On my game i changed the upper flipper coil to weaker red coil FL11630 also changed flipper bat rubber to titan silicone. These changes helped a lot. There are very few bounce outs, and the weaker coil has more than enough power to make shot.

That's an interesting solution. The upper flipper only has one real purpose, so as long as you can consistently make the the lock shot, I see no downside to using a weaker coil. Can you still make the shot when the ball comes screaming around form the left orbit?

#481 8 years ago

Yes the turbo shot can still be made with the ball coming from the orbit . Also not sure why the titan silicone ring works better than stock rubber but it does seem to help

#482 8 years ago

Just picked up a huo Indy and even it has cabinet fade! Unreal how these things faded so easily. About to clean it all up and get it back to new condition!

#483 8 years ago
Quoted from forensicd:

Just picked up a huo Indy and even it has cabinet fade! Unreal how these things faded so easily. About to clean it all up and get it back to new condition!

I guess if you think about it, HUO may be more likely to experience fade. Natural light is more common in homes than bars and arcades

#484 8 years ago

I guess that's true. Didn't even think about it.

#485 8 years ago

WTB I500: Anywhere close to Texas....

1 week later
#486 8 years ago

Just picked up an Indy 500.
Is this the stock spring for the flipper opto boards?
Never seen this before, didn't know if it was a rig or the way it was on this game.image.jpgimage.jpg

#487 8 years ago

That's not factory, pull it off and check in switch test .The flipper opto board could need a small shim or the opto interrupter may need to be adjusted or replaced

#488 8 years ago

Sometimes my pitstop car divertor lets the ball through. It seems its not strong enough or has some play so if the ball is coming down the ramp really quickly the car divertor will activate but the ball will sneak through and not hold it. Any ideas?

#489 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Sometimes my pitstop car divertor lets the ball through. It seems its not strong enough or has some play so if the ball is coming down the ramp really quickly the car divertor will activate but the ball will sneak through and not hold it. Any ideas?

I put some 1/16 thick adhesive backed rubber on the right side of the diverter. Works great now. Have never had a ball get thru since I installed it.

#490 8 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I have this too from time to time...

#491 8 years ago

On my Indy 500 every time a ball leaves the turbo the ball keeps hitting the right side of the turbo mech. Any ideas on how i can fix this. It keeps hitting the right side of the metal before it leaves the turbo onto the wire ramp.

Thanks,
George

#492 8 years ago

George, try removing the turbo blades (single screw in the center of the blades) and put an additional washer under the blades and screw it all back together. You effectively are raising the blades the thickness of the washer. This greatly reduced the jamming on mine...

#493 8 years ago

As mentioned before a small piece of foam on the right side of the ramp will keep the ball from getting past diverterimage.jpgimage.jpg

1 month later
#494 8 years ago

Joined the club yesterday great fast and fun game .sld look nice beside another low production game of the same year congo
20151011_013203.jpg20151011_013203.jpg20151011_011737.jpg20151011_011737.jpg20151011_013234.jpg20151011_013234.jpg20151011_011333.jpg20151011_011333.jpg

#495 8 years ago

Have a new domestic coin door and leds waiting to b put on

#496 8 years ago

Wow. I can't wait to do my Judge Dredd trade for a HUO Indy 500, especially after seeing these machines in this club.

#497 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Wow. I can't wait to do my Judge Dredd trade for a HUO Indy 500, especially after seeing these machines in this club.

And I can't wait to get my Judge Dredd for my Indy 500!!! HAHA!

#498 8 years ago

Bigd, that was going to be mine and you beat me to the punch by a few minutes. I am going to get me a creature now, but will one day have a indy 500.

#499 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Bigd, that was going to be mine and you beat me to the punch by a few minutes. I am going to get me a creature now, but will one day have a indy 500.

Sorry man ill let u know when im done with her tho? Im actually getting a creech in the next month also lol.

#500 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Great trade I owned a jd for a long while this is way better lol. Plus this is worth more and rarer imo

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 17.50
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

There are 1,737 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 35.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indianapolis-500-owners-thread-everyone-welcome/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.