You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190113_190315 (resized).jpg
20190209_213351 (resized).jpg
20190209_213348 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I bought a bunch of comet LEDs. I am pulling out the incandescent bulbs and putting 2SDM ones in. Odd thing is... sometimes the comet ones work and sometimes not. I will plug an incandescent one back in to test and it works but then the LED doesnt. Some work though. After got about 8 comet LEDs in and working... they all started to flicker (but not the incandescents) It isn't slight... it makes the backglass shake. These are 2SDM 2835 6.3V YT10 555. What's going on?

#2 5 years ago

BTW... I just started a game and the lights stopped flickering.

#3 5 years ago

You need to adjust the connection on most leds. Just bend out the wires away from the bulb so they make better connection. You will need to turn dimming off in the menu. Game tries to turn voltage down on the gi during attract mode. LEDs do not dim so they will flicker bad.

#4 5 years ago

There is now a section that wont take the LEDs. Just that section. Strange.
Is this the best game to use LEDs on? I noticed while I played that the backbox does dim (like you say) during moments of excitement. The dimming looks kinda cool.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from SDM0:

There is now a section that wont take the LEDs. Just that section. Strange.
Is this the best game to use LEDs on? I noticed while I played that the backbox does dim (like you say) during moments of excitement. The dimming looks kinda cool.

Yes the lights dim. Comrt bulbs are very good but you always have to bend out the wires before putting in. See pic.

The groves are too deep and the wires don't touch the connector points.

20190209_213348 (resized).jpg20190209_213348 (resized).jpg20190209_213351 (resized).jpg20190209_213351 (resized).jpg
#6 5 years ago

Here's my I500 with leds

20190113_190315 (resized).jpg20190113_190315 (resized).jpg
#7 5 years ago

thank you for the pictures. I have been bending the wires. But there is a patch of about 10 bulbs that will just not let the comets work. All other bulbs work in them (incandecents and some old crapy LEDs I have) but not the 2SDM comets.

#8 5 years ago

Have you tried those 2smd bulbs in other sockets to see if they even work? Maybe bad batch of bulbs? I've ordered a bunch of bulbs from comet of all types including 2smd. Never had one bad. I do know that if you just put in the bulbs, many will not work because of bad connection. You have to bend the wires like in the pics posted by djshakes. Even then some need a little fiddling to get to work.

#9 5 years ago

Are you seeing them not working in Attract mode? That is Possible, but should function during gameplay.
If not this, check voltage with meter at socket, when it is suppose to be lit....

#10 5 years ago

I have comets in mine. wait out for pics

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.96
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

€ 17.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 17.50
Hardware
Pinball Haus

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Charlotte, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indianapolis-500-led-crazy-what and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.