New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 272118)

Indiana Jones WMS flipper reset issue

By TZ

5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by slochar
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bakerman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 5 months ago
Quoted from TZ:

However when I do this with the game on, and in the attract mode, I get the same thing for the left side, but I get a closed circuit on the right side (without closing the switch). I would expect both side to behave the same, but I'm not sure which side is normal and which side is acting up.

You cannot use a DMM to check continuity when the power is on as any voltage on the circuit will affect your readings. What happens in test functions?

#11 5 months ago

Are there diodes on the EOS switches? If so check them too.

#13 5 months ago
Quoted from TZ:

The flippers work as they should in the test mode.

Do the EOS switches work correctly in switch test?

#16 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

No, and forget them. They aren't dropping 5 volts to the CPU.

LTG : )

Just that one or twice I have seen faulty diodes on the coils or switches on the EOS stack allow large EMF voltages up the switch matrix cabling causing a CPU reset or points being awarded when the flippers are activated.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bakerman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside