• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by conserx
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ij_poa.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider conserx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Having an issue with an Indiana Jones I'm restoring.
Mini pf left/right & Idol optos don't register.
Before getting into the problem can someone tell me where the violet/white wire should be on connector J5 on the 8 driver pcb? Manual says J5-4 but it's already wired into J5-1.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks for confirming that. The opto emitters seem to be working as I can see them active thru my camera.
Have checked the wiring from the 8 driver board to the 3 opto board then to the 3x pairs of opto boards on the idol & all is ok. The 12v grey/yellow line is reading 10.4v which might be a little low?

Everything else the 8 driver controls - Idol motor & the left side, right side, special, totem & jackpot multipler flashers all work. I have another 8 driver board from my TZ which I'm going to try in the IJ next to see if the problem is with the board.

#6 9 years ago

Looking at both IJ & TZ 8 driver boards both are identical & both have a jumper on W4 only.
Can installing the ribbon cable to the 8 driver board backwards do any damage? I did that accidently on first time power up.

#8 9 years ago

Tested the 8 driver from the IJ in my TZ & it works fully. Tested the fully working 8 driver board from my TZ in the IJ & it still has the same problems. Guess that eliminates the 8 driver then.

#10 9 years ago

I replaced all 3x lm339 chips on the 10 opto board a while back in the hope it would solve this problem.
The POA board looks good, I can see that both optos led sides work (Both lit purple when checking thru a camera) also tested the diode, resistor & traces on the board.

With the POA board removed from the back panel but still connected I tested for continuity & all tested fine except that power driver bd J118-3 ground to POA board J1-3 ground (good) also buzzed out J1-4 +12v. Power driver board J118-2 +12v only buzzed out to J1-4 +12v

Is something not right here?

#12 9 years ago

Reflowed the poa board & both flipper opto boards. I can confirm that both optos on the poa board work. One of the flipper opto boards has a bad opto (opto1), Will swap in a 100% working flipper opto board from another game.

#14 9 years ago

The game is currently being rebuilt so it's not quite finished yet, Just ironing out all the bugs such as this.
The poa has a complete new gearbox/motor assy, Maybe I have it wired wrong at the motor?
I know I have red & white wires correct at the bridge driver board J2-1 Red & J2-4 White as per manual.

#15 9 years ago

Starting to think that there is an issue with the bridge driver board that drives the poa motor/gearbox.
I have the poa gearbox removed from the back panel so the opto interupter arm doesn't catch on anything.

ij_poa.jpgij_poa.jpg

When I turn on the game the poa motor runs & turns anti-clockwise continuously.
When I try mini pf test mode it tests as bad. Going into the test the shaft still turns anti clockwise endlessly & as it turns the interupter passes thru & breaks each opto sw94 & sw95 so I know that the 2x optos are good at least.

When I test for voltage on the bridge driver board I get +12v on J2-1 & +0.24v on J2-4
I have reflowed the bridge driver board, The red led on the board is lit, The wiring is good to the power driver board & the poa gearbox/motor is new

#16 9 years ago

Solved the bridge driver board issue & now everything poa related works perfect.
Replacing the 2x 4N25 opto isolators did the trick.

Now to resolve my idol opto board issues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 85.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,419.00
$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 12.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

12,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider conserx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-wms-8-driver-board?tu=conserx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.