Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.png
IMG_5161.jpg
IMG_4179.jpg
ugly.jpg
swimsuit-cameron-diaz.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 10 years ago

Completely disagree that Williams version is a better game, this is why you must play a pin for yourself and can only use the ratings and other peoples opinion as a very loose guide. The Williams is a great game but like most B/W games of the 90's it feels out dated, way to happy and seems more geared to children than adults. I've owned both and just rebought IJ4 loving it.

1 year later
#146 8 years ago

Owned both and the games are so different its hard to make judgment. I loved my time with IJ4, not very deep but fast and fun and much better on the sound and animation front, its a crowd pleaser for sure. IJ Willams is a deep game and very fun but the modes become boring like all mode based pins and once I acheived and completed wizard mode it didn't last long. Overall Williams IJ is the better pin but I actually think IJ4 would last longer in a large collection due to its beauty and simplicity which I have found lends itself to longevity.

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's a bad game, which is super unfortunate cause the theme is so good. I'll play it when I see it on route, but after a few games, I don't have any desire to play it again for a long while.

Sorry Les but I disagree, different but not a bad game and after owning both the Stern was way more popular for the non to average players by far. I agree that Williams made the better pin and while fun it still became tedious in time. I liked that the Stern was a little bit of a mix of oldschool 80's style with a little hint of the 90's DMD with great clips from the film, Williams just felt like a cartoon version of IJ, still I liked them both.

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What is it about the stern that you think makes it popular for the non to average players and when you say the Williams became tedious, can you elaborate on that?

IJ4 is a more simple game and easier to pick up for a non pinhead, both games and all pins will get boring in time but for me the mode based games become boring a lot quicker, after I've played the same mode over and over I lose interest, but its the same thing with IJ4. I liked both games and I think they really are too different to compare, IJ4 is more of a Tron/IM style and IJ is more of a TZ or ST style, I will say that if I was to rebuy an Indy pin it would the Williams version, but it wouldn't last long.Good luck.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,419.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 85.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-williams-or-stern?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.