Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.png
IMG_5161.jpg
IMG_4179.jpg
ugly.jpg
swimsuit-cameron-diaz.jpg

There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well that is how i rationalize my space at the moment but hey if the amount increases that is a good thing right?

I had the 6 pin rationalization around the turn of the Millennium. It was perfect for me and when a new game came along I would sell my least favorite.

Then one day I was going to get a new one and could not let go of any . . .

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Well that is how i rationalize my space at the moment but hey if the amount increases that is a good thing right?

True, but at least or me, it seams that the time interval going from 1 to 2 was much longer than the time interval for say going from 4 to 5 or 8 to 10...

#153 8 years ago

If a Williams with nice not faded cabinet can't be found, do the cabinet decal kits hurt or improve the value of the machine. It seems this will be the toughest part of finding a real nice Williams IJ.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If a Williams with nice not faded cabinet can't be found, do the cabinet decal kits hurt or improve the value of the machine. It seems this will be the toughest part of finding a real nice Williams IJ.

I'd easily pay more for well applied decals rather than faded originals. People who include decals with shitty cabinets does nothing for me. Great, you ordered the decals then didn't actually do the work. Big help!

#155 8 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Quoted from Astropin:

You should be able to find a clean working one with a nice playfield in the 5k range.....it will need new cabinet decals at that price point but those are easy to get (harder to put on) and relatively cheap considering the value they add.

#156 8 years ago

I'd just put the IJ in the middle of all my other games. No diaper rubbing needed.

#157 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd just put the IJ in the middle of all my other games. No diaper rubbing needed.

That works also.... but if you are worried about re-sale then putting on new decals is well worth it.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That works also.... but if you are worried about re-sale then putting on new decals is well worth it.

Well worth it if you can do the job competently and have 20-40 hours to spare! Depending on how you value your time you could also just buy it for ~$5k, play it and then sell it for ~$5k without messing with the decals. Of course I say all this as someone considering doing my first decal job at the moment ...

#159 8 years ago

I'm actually not too worried about the re-sale value of my IJ.....no plans to move it anytime soon. But, I do like my games to look nice and my IJ came with a new set of decals.....so I'll do them this winter some time. Not my first rodeo though as I did a set on my JM....although JM was easier because the sides where only partials. I'll just go ahead and get the trim, legs and door custom powder coated while I have it all torn apart as well.

#160 8 years ago

The other million dollar question is where does one buy a decal kit if I decide to go that route?

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The other million dollar question is where does one buy a decal kit if I decide to go that route?

Says "out of stock" right now but they do pop in and out of stock all the time here.....just keep checking. Good set at a good price.

http://bayareaamusements.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=BAA&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=GS-IJ-99

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Says "out of stock" right now but they do pop in and out of stock all the time here.....just keep checking. Good set at a good price.

Heck, for that price you can get an entire cabinet already done.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/27622

#163 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Heck, for that price you can get an entire cabinet already done.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/27622

Yep....that's a hell of a deal! (Assuming all is good) Now you just have to go get it.

#164 8 years ago

I almost wanted to buy it and that Kruzman playfield but realized I will probably never own this game.

#165 8 years ago

I just put a quick game on Stern IJ.

I'm still not sure why music-wise they just recycled the "Raiders March" over and over and over.

You would think on this pin (especially how they try to encapsulate all the movies), they would try to incorporate the theme to each one of the movies.

#166 8 years ago

Williams!!!!

image.pngimage.png

#167 8 years ago

Stern!

#168 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's a bad game, which is super unfortunate cause the theme is so good. I'll play it when I see it on route, but after a few games, I don't have any desire to play it again for a long while.

Sorry Les but I disagree, different but not a bad game and after owning both the Stern was way more popular for the non to average players by far. I agree that Williams made the better pin and while fun it still became tedious in time. I liked that the Stern was a little bit of a mix of oldschool 80's style with a little hint of the 90's DMD with great clips from the film, Williams just felt like a cartoon version of IJ, still I liked them both.

#169 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sorry Les but I disagree, different but not a bad game and after owning both the Stern was way more popular for the non to average players by far. I agree that Williams made the better pin and while fun it still became tedious in time. I liked that the Stern was a little bit of a mix of oldschool 80's style with a little hint of the 90's DMD with great clips from the film, Williams just felt like a cartoon version of IJ, still I liked them both.

What is it about the stern that you think makes it popular for the non to average players and when you say the Williams became tedious, can you elaborate on that?

#170 8 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What is it about the stern that you think makes it popular for the non to average players and when you say the Williams became tedious, can you elaborate on that?

IJ4 is a more simple game and easier to pick up for a non pinhead, both games and all pins will get boring in time but for me the mode based games become boring a lot quicker, after I've played the same mode over and over I lose interest, but its the same thing with IJ4. I liked both games and I think they really are too different to compare, IJ4 is more of a Tron/IM style and IJ is more of a TZ or ST style, I will say that if I was to rebuy an Indy pin it would the Williams version, but it wouldn't last long.Good luck.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
25,000 (Firm)
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Wanted
$ 78.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 29.00
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 85.00
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-williams-or-stern/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.