Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.png
IMG_5161.jpg
IMG_4179.jpg
ugly.jpg
swimsuit-cameron-diaz.jpg
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 10 years ago

haha or Gary Martin picture of the 2 ladies......

#52 10 years ago

Best look at spending more than 4g on Williams indi. You might get an ok one for 4G but you will have to be prepared to do some work to bring it up to standard. Sometimes you have to look at how much your time is worth. For 5G+ you would be looking at a good one that wont suck a bunch of time off you.

#53 10 years ago

yeah true true.......I have seen some awesome ones around at $6-7000, will check them out from top to bottom and make sure I don't end up with a lemon.

#54 10 years ago

Man I have been pretty lucky with pins but I dont know much about Arcades and bought a fu@king lemon the other day. Only spent 900 but at the moment that is a lot for me.

#55 10 years ago

what did you buy?

#56 10 years ago

Ah its not that bad just got like a 2000 in one game that despite what the seller assured me, needs its screen replaced.

#57 10 years ago

On IJ, I dont think there is an example in Australia that is worth 7G so dont get ripped off. The best examples I have ever seen I would pay 6G for. But I guess Its how much you want it and how much you are willing to part with.

#58 10 years ago

yeah every pin over here is over priced.......picked up an excellent Dirty Harry for $1500 the guy had no idea what he had. Just bought a Jack Bot as well in like new condition it has had only 30 odd plays and kept in storage this things is immaculate it cost me $2300.

#59 10 years ago

what pins do you have?

#60 10 years ago

Is this a real question? Williams or you'll be disappoint!

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Goatdan loves Austin Powers and hates Medieval Madness. He hates Williams Indiana Jones yet loves Stern IJ4. Goatdan is clearly a troll.

Yes, due to the fact that I have an opinion that I can back up (although no where have I ever said that I hate Medieval Madness), I clearly must be a troll. For the record, I've also stated that IJ4 is definitely not a great game, and not one that I love, but I'm drawn to it.

Or, I just have the nerve to be comfortable enough with myself to like what I like instead of going with the groupthink.

I've been around (with the same opinions) for well more than a decade. Clearly, a troll.

#62 10 years ago

Had to sell a good IJ recently. Gutted

#63 10 years ago

Stern IJ is my least favorite pin of all time. It makes me wretch to think that I bought one and then sold it 2 horrid boring months later. Williams IJ is a joy.

#64 10 years ago

I guess it's fitting that a joke of a pin is based on a joke of a movie. Indy 4 was horrible.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Goatdan loves Austin Powers and hates Medieval Madness. He hates Williams Indiana Jones yet loves Stern IJ4. Goatdan is clearly a troll.

His comments clearly are not trollish. He has different tastes and always has. He supports and explains them. You may not agree, but calling him a troll because of it isn't correct.

#66 10 years ago

let you all know what happens tomorrow, I get to play Indy Williams and make my decision

#67 10 years ago

And the winner is............

#68 10 years ago

I had a Williams years ago and it was awesome but I traded it for a MB. Good trade but I missed the IJ. I just bought another last week. Can't wait to set it up, shop it, and play it again.

I played an almost new Stern a few years ago. Soooo boring! I played it at the Jersey Shore. I had won like 2 games and 2-3 extra balls and just walked away. I didn't care what I got.

#69 10 years ago

well the verdict is I lost interest in the stern even tho the stern look great and was enjoyable for a little while, there wasn't enough to shoot for so I kept going back to the Williams, the machine needs a good clean and is a bit faded on the cabinet at $4000 it's a good buy, I have time to put some work in to it so Williams it is. I so wanted to like the stern because of its looks but looks ain't everything!!!

#70 10 years ago

might be able to talk him down a little as well which would be awesome.

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

well the verdict is I lost interest in the stern even tho the stern look great and was enjoyable for a little while, there wasn't enough to shoot for so I kept going back to the Williams, the machine needs a good clean and is a bit faded on the cabinet at $4000 it's a good buy, I have time to put some work in to it so Williams it is. I so wanted to like the stern because of its looks but looks ain't everything!!!

Cool. I don't think you'll be disappointed. Make sure the Idol and the Path of Adventure are working properly!

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Just put a little time love and money into it and you'll love pinball adventure. The cab art seems to always fade on IJ I'm sure new silk screen would be nice though. I'd like to pick one up for that price and then mod it like the Disney one that thing looks sweet.

#73 10 years ago

Yeah, looking online now for cab art decals and other things that might help enhance IJ.

#74 10 years ago

I saw some cool mods if moding is something you like or willing to do. I like the propeller mod for the plane that spinds that's pretty cool. I love this machine and I'm not even a huge fan of IJ I just like the layout and its a fun game to play a lot to look at. Its the first machine I ever played when I was a kid too so that mite have something to do with the nostalgia side.

#75 10 years ago

Decals are a whole other headache. Main thing is that the main components of the machine are good. Look for a credit dot ect

#76 10 years ago

No contest, WMS IJ

#77 10 years ago

Here's the info on the propeller mod:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-biplane-propeller-mod-low-budget

Inexpensive and a nice upgrade. I would advise ordering two of the motors since the wires are easy to break off, and the shipping costs about as much as the motor itself.

#78 10 years ago

Fantastic pick!!!! WMS FTW!!

#79 10 years ago

IMO your comparing one of the best Williams game ever made compared to one of the worst Stern games ever made.

#80 10 years ago

Williams blows Stern away in every detail.

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

IMO your comparing one of the best Williams game ever made compared to one of the worst Stern games ever made.

You got that right!!!!!

QSS

#82 10 years ago

I'm pretty excited to grab this, I will be picking it up on Monday.......can you guys recommend some go sites to grab mods and other IJ stuff?

#83 10 years ago

These get kind of expensive but check out this link.

http://www.pinballdecals.com/PartsByGamePages/IJ_Page.html

I bought a bunch of these when I had IJ. Some cool add-ons.

#84 10 years ago

Williams IJ is one of the best Home machines out there. Very deep ruleset, great music and some of the best dot matrix animation of any pin. Stern's IJ is an average at best machine with AAA licence. Really no comparison between them.

#85 10 years ago

I will warn you, you will probably have some frustrations with two things on the Williams IJ.

The Path of Adventure is a neat mini playfield but it often has issues if it's been sitting idle too long, optos get dirty, wire connections oxidized, etc. It may take a bit of tweaking to get it working smooth again and it's critical to the playability of the game that it's working right. A stuttering POA really sucks.

The other thing is the bloody mode start saucer. Straight from the factory the thing rejects shots to it like crazy. You'll find threads on here about adjustments to make shots to it stick better. I recently did an IJ and I both lowered the saucer under it and moved the deadstop back about 1/4" inch. It traps almost every shot to it now. There's so many modes on IJ that you really need to be able to start them readily.

Other than that, rebuild the flipper mechs, you need strong flippers to get up the right ramp. Get the Cliffy protectors to go behind the three bank and single bank drop targets. Treasure Cove has some nice target stickers for those four drops too.

I used the sticker but there's also a plastic available to return the missing artwork from the playfield backboard. Once you've put the artwork back, consider using an RGB LED strip under the topglass channel. I put one of those in, set for "Gold" color and it lights the lost artwork and the back of the playfield really nicely.

Enjoy that IJ!

#86 10 years ago

sounds like IJ has a lot of fans and should be ranked the number one game.......haha I'm looking forward to some quality time spent on this machine.

#87 10 years ago

Did you pickup your Indy yet? I love mine!

#88 10 years ago

Forgot which Indy

#89 10 years ago

Williams Indi, not yet trying to work out the finer details, I've got another pin I'm getting and waiting for tax money as well.......it's good as sold tho he has it on hold as its a mate of mine, so hopefully in a week or 2

#90 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Williams Indi, not yet trying to work out the finer details, I've got another pin I'm getting and waiting for tax money as well.......it's good as sold tho he has it on hold as its a mate of mine, so hopefully in a week or 2

Is the other pin t3 if so I really enjoy t3 even though I'm not keen on the movie

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Is the other pin t3 if so I really enjoy t3 even though I'm not keen on the movie

How did you know it was a T3? It is I swapped my mate for it, he got it from America and it is fully bombed, with chrome legs, siderails and lockdown bar it has cointakers throughout and mirror blades.......the cabinet and playfield are immaculate, he added high fidelity speakers which just blast the sound out, its looks like it just came out of the box.

#92 10 years ago

Williams all the way for sure ,own one and wouldn't trade it for anything

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

How did you know it was a T3? It is I swapped my mate for it, he got it from America and it is fully bombed, with chrome legs, siderails and lockdown bar it has cointakers throughout and mirror blades.......the cabinet and playfield are immaculate, he added high fidelity speakers which just blast the sound out, its looks like it just came out of the box.

Last time I checked ure collection u didn't have a t3
I'm smart ; in many ways

#94 10 years ago

Haha stalking me.......

#95 10 years ago
Quoted from Mato:

Haha stalking me.......

No
Just pin stalking

#96 10 years ago

Thats like asking should I buy a Dodge Neon or a Corvette?

#97 10 years ago

Williams IJ every day of the week over Stern version.

2 weeks later
#98 10 years ago

I just played both of them at PAPA and I liked the Stern one better. Now I did only have a couple of plays each and how good of a game you have can influence what someone thinks. I loved that insane ark multiball. Not sure if that was 5 or 6 balls that dump out, but it was insane.

#99 10 years ago

I have owned both and the Williams is the one that I still have and would never sell it ,it's just builded a lot better and plays a lot better

#100 10 years ago

Again, was the smiley accidentally left of this thread's subject line?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 12.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 29.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
14,000 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 170 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-williams-or-stern/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.