Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by beini
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 4 years ago

I currently have both, and I prefer IJ to TSPP.

TSPP is a great game, but to get far into it requires a lot of time, and I don't often fire it up because when I do, I know I need to have 30 minutes or more set aside for a really killer game, and even with a killer game, I'm probably not going to ever see Super Mega Extreme Wizard Mode, or whatever it's called. Those long ball times also make it a game that my friends and I never play multiplayer on. TSPP just sits there in my gameroom, until I want a personal 1 on 1 challenge, then I fire it up once or twice a month. Out of all the games in my collection, it's always near or at the top of the "game I would sell first if I had to" list because of the long ball times and lack of multiplayer games.

IJ is not as deep (but it's no depth slouch), and the playfield can feel a little oddly "cut in half" as the pop bumper pit and rear of the playfield is only accessible from either loop or by deflecting out of the captive ball lane, which I purposely bank shot out of and into the pop bumper pit a lot for modes like super pops. I absolutely love the theme, art, sound, and modes though, as it really brings the IJ trilogy of the 80's to life in your gameroom. I absolutely loved that trilogy, so that's almost priceless to me. The tilting upper playfield is also a great toy if you have it tuned and operating nicely. You can also tune the mode start to negate a lot of criticisms about it through the use of drop dead foam, washers to lower the saucer, and aiming of the kick out lever. My saucer works amazingly well, and kicks to the left flipper for a cradle or drop catch consistently.

IJ is also a game that I've beat on a few occasions. Getting the billion points from hitting every switch in the game during the wizard mode is a thrill, and it's an attainable goal and not something I feel I'll never see like the TSPP wizard mode.

All that being said... you can't really lose with either of these games. Good luck choosing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rum-z.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-williams-or-simpsons-party-pinball?tu=rum-z and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.