New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 264508)

Indiana jones, williams or simpsons party pinball

By beini

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by stumptown
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 months ago

Hi,
    Just wondering what people would prefer and why.

#2 7 months ago

Played both quite a bit. Both are fun. Personally I prefer Indy, so I bought one. Theme is important to me...so is the layout. On both counts I prefer Indy. Simpson's is WAY deeper rules wise...not even close...but for me that's another win for Indy. I like great code but don't seem to like super deep code. I like my pinball to be relatively fast.

#3 7 months ago

TSPP without a doubt. Way more fun to shoot, way more interesting and deep rule set. I also like that TSPP has action all the way up the table instead of constraining you largely to the bottom half.

#4 7 months ago

own both, both top 10 games I think. indy is going to run ya quite a bit more cost wise.

#5 7 months ago

I own both.... I think I give the edge to the TSPP

#6 7 months ago

I'm an Indy nut... I love the theme so much and it is my favorite game of all time. However, I think TSPP is almost a perfect theme for a pinball machine and the game itself has so many fun shots and is just super rich. I just like Indy better purely because of Indiana Jones. If I were a Simpsons nut I'd probably pick TSPP. Theme is big for me... and its done so right on both of these titles. Tough choice.

#7 7 months ago

TSPP is great until you fall asleep with those long ball times. And the d'oh sounds each time during that mode is enough to turn the machine off. Indy no question all day.

#8 7 months ago

There is a reason that Indy is a classic. Go for it.

#9 7 months ago

both are great, go with the theme you like best.

#10 7 months ago

TSPP is the most fun for me out of all in my collection.

#11 7 months ago

I prefer TSPP I think Indiana Jones will become repetitive.

#12 7 months ago

I currently have both, and I prefer IJ to TSPP.

TSPP is a great game, but to get far into it requires a lot of time, and I don't often fire it up because when I do, I know I need to have 30 minutes or more set aside for a really killer game, and even with a killer game, I'm probably not going to ever see Super Mega Extreme Wizard Mode, or whatever it's called. Those long ball times also make it a game that my friends and I never play multiplayer on. TSPP just sits there in my gameroom, until I want a personal 1 on 1 challenge, then I fire it up once or twice a month. Out of all the games in my collection, it's always near or at the top of the "game I would sell first if I had to" list because of the long ball times and lack of multiplayer games.

IJ is not as deep (but it's no depth slouch), and the playfield can feel a little oddly "cut in half" as the pop bumper pit and rear of the playfield is only accessible from either loop or by deflecting out of the captive ball lane, which I purposely bank shot out of and into the pop bumper pit a lot for modes like super pops. I absolutely love the theme, art, sound, and modes though, as it really brings the IJ trilogy of the 80's to life in your gameroom. I absolutely loved that trilogy, so that's almost priceless to me. The tilting upper playfield is also a great toy if you have it tuned and operating nicely. You can also tune the mode start to negate a lot of criticisms about it through the use of drop dead foam, washers to lower the saucer, and aiming of the kick out lever. My saucer works amazingly well, and kicks to the left flipper for a cradle or drop catch consistently.

IJ is also a game that I've beat on a few occasions. Getting the billion points from hitting every switch in the game during the wizard mode is a thrill, and it's an attainable goal and not something I feel I'll never see like the TSPP wizard mode.

All that being said... you can't really lose with either of these games. Good luck choosing.

#13 7 months ago

Owned both IJ all the way

#14 7 months ago

Ricochet, Delt and Rum-Z summed it up quite nicely. Like William above owned both and only Indy survived. I actually had 2 Simpsons and the second time around it took a week to feel the same way. I didn't like the call outs with bart yelling at me to hit everything while homer d'ohed through the whole game. The long ball times stopped us from competing on it and I was the only one playing it when I knew I had 30 mins to play a game. The game does rock when you're stacking everything but when I felt the same way a week later I traded it away.

Indy on the other hand is a classic theme for my family that is well integrated into the game. Deep enough to keep you coming back for more but yet attainable. I only hit reverse flippers twice on the simspons. I enjoy the video modes on Indy and the whole game feels complete. When family and friends came over they found TSPP too confusing but everyone plays Indy.

#15 7 months ago

Thank you for all your answers... i havent the option to play tha games... moat of our pins got ruined or sold out of the country long time ago. So i am transporting pins from all over and this time i am getting indiana jones and i got one more room on the pallet.. so i am thinking hudge dredd or cyclone

#16 7 months ago

Judge Dredd over the Cyclone for sure. Cyclone is way too easy.

#17 7 months ago

I own IJ... it's been in my collection since the mid 90's. Played many games of TSPP. I've had many chances to purchase TSPP. I just couldn't pull the trigger.

#18 7 months ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Judge Dredd over the Cyclone for sure. Cyclone is way too easy.

I was thinking so too. Will likely go for the judge, just letting the wife also choose

#19 7 months ago

Do you watch soccer in Iceland? Your wife might like WCS, that's a family friendly title.

#20 7 months ago

Oh man Dredd for sure. Cyclone is cool but it's a pretty thin game, and also suffers due to its jackpot mechanism when playing head to head like a lot of System 11 games. Honestly I'd probably rather have Dredd over IJ, let alone Cyclone.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Back Alley Creations
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Protection
    Pin Mods
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 4.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    ULEKstore
    $ 38.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet Parts
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 159.00
    $ 53.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 219.00
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 38.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 66.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 159.00
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 299.99
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside