Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

J115 - Indiana Jones (resized).jpg
D7FDBC82-21C5-450B-B6A3-ADBD2395D8F3 (resized).jpeg
69B4301E-3265-4831-9D73-BADA56C7F6D4 (resized).jpeg
45B4C69E-D6F6-4E4E-917E-DA5D68289802 (resized).jpeg
#1 5 years ago

Hi,

I’m new to the forum. I’ve been reading for a while but never signed up before. I own the Indy table and haven’t played it for a while. Turned it on and came across some issues.

MAIN ISSUE: it constantly says “factory settings restored” upon start up. It refuses to keep my adjustments (free play, date and time).

I was swapping out some bulbs and noticed a couple of other things:

1) the connector on slot 110 is burnt by 2 wires
2) one of the AA batteries had exploded
3) top 3rd of backbox lights don’t come on normally (the flashers behind the IJ lettering are working during gameplay but not the small 555’s). Is this due to the exploded battery perhaps? I need to fix the corrosion on that terminal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks so much.

Robert

#2 5 years ago

Did you change the batteries? If so, the battery pack made be too corroded to work properly. Can you post pictures?

#3 5 years ago

I did change the batteries but I’m going to fully clean that terminal today. Originally none of the 555 lights were working, just of a couple of the flashers. Now the bottom 2/3 of the 555’s light up so I’m guessing it’s that terminal.

To make if more frustrating, the bottom translite plastic lip snapped making it difficult to remove it. I’m waiting on a replacement piece to arrive.

I will take some pics.

#4 5 years ago

The far left battery terminal is the corroded one. Also attached a pic of the burnt connector and the lights.

45B4C69E-D6F6-4E4E-917E-DA5D68289802 (resized).jpeg45B4C69E-D6F6-4E4E-917E-DA5D68289802 (resized).jpeg69B4301E-3265-4831-9D73-BADA56C7F6D4 (resized).jpeg69B4301E-3265-4831-9D73-BADA56C7F6D4 (resized).jpegD7FDBC82-21C5-450B-B6A3-ADBD2395D8F3 (resized).jpegD7FDBC82-21C5-450B-B6A3-ADBD2395D8F3 (resized).jpeg
#5 5 years ago

your battery terminal needs to be replaced, it's corroded badly and would be better off gone. Your connector is likely your culprit on your lights. It needs to be replaced as well.

#6 5 years ago

Could that terminal have anything to do with why it keeps factory resetting on start up?

#7 5 years ago

Yup. It’s shot, and if it keeps corroding it will spread down into your cpu board and then you’ll have real problems. You can replace/have it replaced with NVRAM so you don’t need batteries anymore.

That burned GI connector and the pins it plugs into need to be replaced too.

#8 5 years ago

If you change the burnt connector and male pins on the board, the lights will work.

#9 5 years ago

The batteries/holder are the probable reason you are getting the Factory Settings Restored message at startup. As said above, you need to get the battery holder off the board. You could replace it with a remote battery holder or NVRAM as suggested above. If you remove the existing batteries, clean up the holder, and put in new batteries temporarily, you will find out if the terminal is still functioning. Still needs to be addressed though.

1 week later
#10 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Yup. It’s shot, and if it keeps corroding it will spread down into your cpu board and then you’ll have real problems. You can replace/have it replaced with NVRAM so you don’t need batteries anymore.
That burned GI connector and the pins it plugs into need to be replaced too.

Thank you for the suggestions. Just had the vram installed and fixed the connector for the lights. Working beautifully again. Now to swap more of the lights to warm led’s and change out the rubber set.

Looking into some upgrades, possibly a color dmd and the speaker panel light kit.

Thanks for all the info!

#11 5 years ago

Your backbox lights being out are due to J115. That connector is burnt and you have to trim the wires going into that connector back by an inch, repin all the wires and replace the connector. I guarantee that connector is burnt.

I had this issue and we just solved the same issue on for another forum member on another thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-1993-head-lights-not-working#post-4866933

This will fix your back box light issue.

QSS

J115 - Indiana Jones (resized).jpgJ115 - Indiana Jones (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,419.00
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 29.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-williams-issues-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.