(Topic ID: 268433)

SOLVED! Indiana Jones (Williams) Check Switch 85 and 86 (Trough 1 and 2)

By orlandu81

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by orlandu81
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider orlandu81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Hello Pinside!

Got a strange item on my test report today...and I know I'm the one who caused it, I just can't figure out why I'm still seeing the notice on the test report.

In short, I removed the glass on the playfield to have access to the feeder to the POA. It was not dropping in the spot I wanted, so I was testing it by placing the ball on the feeder to trip the microswitch while in Path of Adventure mode and slightly moving the metal guide until I found the spot I liked. This made it easy to over and over again try the playfield out after adjusting it. One of the times while testing, the ball got away from me and tripped the exit switch near the "Special" button but i grabbed it before it fell into the trough. I think this confused the programming, because subsequently upon restarting the game I got the "Check Switch 85 (Trough 2) and Check Switch 86 (Trough 1)

At first the ball wasn't getting pushed into the launch position but after cycling the power, the ball launched up and everything was good again. BUT...the check switch prompt is still showing up on my test report. What gives?

I have played a bunch of games since testing but admittedly haven't gotten the well of souls mode since I noticed the check switch (I have however hit the ball lock multi-ball and noticed no issues with any ball launches)...perhaps once this mode cycles through the prompt will either stop or perhaps then I will see the problem show up in gameplay?

Any ideas on this matter would be helpful, as it drives me nuts I'm getting an error when I don't see an issue anywhere.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Switch Edge - do #85 and #86 work when you roll a ball in ?
If so, and that doesn't clear the error. Try a factory reset and see if it returns.
LTG : )

Yes! Pulling the balls out and going into the test switch edge and dropping them one by one allowed the software to register it and clear the error. Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
$ 29.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 85.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

12,500 (OBO)
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider orlandu81.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-williams-check-switch-85-and-86-trough-1-and-2?tu=orlandu81 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.