• Latest reply 2 years ago by Jedi_Gill
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210718_175540 (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hello, I have a simple question.. I'm trying to remove my Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure DMD to install the No Glare Film from the inside.

I opened the top Panel and at the point shown below where all I need to do is remove the 4 screws I circled in Red.

However when I remove these 4 bolts and try to pull it up, it seems like it's stuck or glued somehow.. I'm pulling and I see the green circuit board bending resisting coming up.

I even watched this youtube video of someone else doing it on the same machine and he didn't have any issue.

<-- Starts at 4:00

Am I missing something, is there an adhesive I'm not aware of. If anyone can help it would be most appreciated.

Thanks.
20210718_175540 (resized).jpg20210718_175540 (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

There may be some foam stuck between the display and the speaker panel. The WMS factory serial number sticker says it's original. May have never been removed.

Start at one corner and use a knife to get under the display. Slowly work from the corner and it will come out without breaking anything.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

There may be some foam stuck between the display and the speaker panel. The WMS factory serial number sticker says it's original. May have never been removed.
Start at one corner and use a knife to get under the display. Slowly work from the corner and it will come out without breaking anything.

It is indeed original and has never been removed. I will follow your advice and report back.. Thanks again.

#4 3 years ago

Do yourself a favor and get those batteries away from the boards. If you don't go with NVRAM, get a battery extender so you can place the batteries far from the board in case of leaks.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Jedi_Gill:

Hello, I have a simple question.. I'm trying to remove my Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure DMD to install the No Glare Film from the inside.
I opened the top Panel and at the point shown below where all I need to do is remove the 4 screws I circled in Red.
However when I remove these 4 bolts and try to pull it up, it seems like it's stuck or glued somehow.. I'm pulling and I see the green circuit board bending resisting coming up.
I even watched this youtube video of someone else doing it on the same machine and he didn't have any issue. <-- Starts at 4:00
Am I missing something, is there an adhesive I'm not aware of. If anyone can help it would be most appreciated.
Thanks.
[quoted image]

I had the same thing it was stuck on the foam too the dmd from 1993 so all I did was pull abit from one corner too the other bit by bit and my let go after a while hope this helps

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Williampinball:

I had the same thing it was stuck on the foam too the dmd from 1993 so all I did was pull abit from one corner too the other bit by bit and my let go after a while hope this helps

Thanks, I'll give this a shot. Much appreciated.

#7 3 years ago

Just rip it off like a band-aid.

#8 3 years ago

I just pulled a CFTBL apart and it was stuck due to the foam between the board and dmd... even if you just carefully cut the foam.

a different question - what are those bolts and where can I get new ones that old the dmd?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

a different question - what are those bolts and where can I get new ones that old the dmd?

Bally/Williams PN 4506-01106-24B
https://shop.mrpinball.com.au/product/6-32-x-1-12-flat-head-speaker-screw-steel-black-oxide/

1 month later
#11 2 years ago

Update, Indeed the glass was stuck to the foam. I just carefully pulled each section apart and once the 4 straight sides gave way it came apart. It's probably never been opened ever. I installed a LCD color DMD and am in heaven. Thanks guys for the confidence to pull it apart even though it seemed stuck at first. Hoping this post helps someone else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX PinMods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 449.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Hartford, CT
10,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
New York, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.