Topic poll

“Indiana Jones VS's The Shadow”

• Indiana Jones 41 votes
    63%
  • The Shadow 24 votes
    37%

(65 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4E822F34-0EB7-44B1-85AD-120194443C62 (resized).jpeg
no_math (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

Join the Facebook page here - https://www.facebook.com/groups/614138888940360/

#2 6 months ago

I’ve owned both. Indy is still here and shadow was traded. I love the theme of Indiana Jones. I enjoyed Shadow, just didnt really care for the theme. Also friends and family never played it, so it was traded. Both look great with colordmd- shadow definitely needs aurich’s alternate art package too.

#3 6 months ago

Might as well just make the topic Golden State vs Cleveland. It’s no contest!

#4 6 months ago

I like both games but i like shadow more because as a tournament player you can just start to play multiball pver and over on Indiana jones

#5 6 months ago
Quoted from Coz:

I’ve owned both. Indy is still here and shadow was traded. I love the theme of Indiana Jones. I enjoyed Shadow, just didnt really care for the theme. Also friends and family never played it, so it was traded. Both look great with colordmd- shadow definitely needs aurich’s alternate art package too.

This pretty much wraps up this entire thread. Well said.

#6 6 months ago

I've owned both. Both are great, but Shadow is back!

#7 6 months ago

Same here had both and Shadow sold.

#9 6 months ago

Have heard this a few times...

Must play a shadow now.

#10 6 months ago

If only the mode shot on IJ wasn’t sooo damn tight...

#11 6 months ago

I love IJ on location, and I'd love to own The Shadow, but not vice versa.

#12 6 months ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

Well said

#13 6 months ago

I currently own both. love both. such unique games. I'm going to read this one out. both great games

#14 6 months ago
Quoted from trunchbull:

no_math (resized).jpg
#15 6 months ago

IJ is a Journey, an adventure, more fun and a full game of play.
Shadow is a Ball Buster. Shots Count More, Beats you back harder, a Challenger.

Tough call.....some days one wants to have a challenge for the day, others want a fun day off.

IJ does what it does better than almost any other game.
Shadow just sticks its tongue out at me, and says, "You want a piece of me?"

#16 6 months ago

Exactly Art, They are totally different games and they are both great at what they are. IJ is the best adventure quest just a bit better than LOTR. Shadow is a short ball time battle that does it so well. Every collection should have both imo.

5 months later
#17 33 days ago

Shadow. And I love the extra flipper too.

#18 33 days ago

I have a HEP IJ. And shortly, I’ll have a HEP Shadow.

Both super pins that are totally different and won’t be remade. Neither will ever leave my collection.

#19 33 days ago

Shadow is a much better player with great flow and plenty to do, but it is hard and for non pinheads its not a great choice. Obviously Indy has the better theme, but i've found the gameplay to just ok.

#20 33 days ago

Had both in the collection at the same time for about a year and sold both within 2weeks of each other but IJ is the only one I regret selling and will buy one again in the near future. Shadow is a good game also but not on the same level as IJ imo.

#21 33 days ago

Indiana Jones to me is the biggest disappointment of my pinball experience thus far. Why? Bc I want to love it so much. Everything is A+ but it just doesn't shoot well to me. I've tried twice now (both top quality) and I just don't enjoy how bottom heavy it is. The top feels like it's not being used. The lock shot in the middle just seems like MB all day unless you purposely ignore that which is why you never see this game in professional play.

Shadow is like that ugly girl that is just a freak in bed. It outshoots IJ no question IMO but you just want to close your eyes sometimes. Thankfully that's gotten much better with plastic surgery called the hands of Aurich.

IJ is like GB to me. Unbelievable themes with the sound and art to match it. Both come up short on the playfield unfortunately.

#22 33 days ago

VS is “versus”

VS’s is like saying “versuses”

Or, VS’s would also be the possessive form of ‘s, not the plural.

So what exactly is the OP attempting to say in the title of this thread? Is it IJ against TS multiple times? Does the “Versus” own the TS? Is the OP providing insight into his grammar school grades to the Pinside world? Maybe he has chubby thumbs?
4E822F34-0EB7-44B1-85AD-120194443C62 (resized).jpeg

#23 33 days ago
Quoted from brett:

I have a HEP IJ. And shortly, I’ll have a HEP Shadow.
Both super pins that are totally different and won’t be remade. Neither will ever leave my collection.

Awesome. Is this Chris’ first shadow project? Please share when done

#24 33 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Indiana Jones to me is the biggest disappointment of my pinball experience thus far. Why? Bc I want to love it so much. Everything is A+ but it just doesn't shoot well to me. I've tried twice now (both top quality) and I just don't enjoy how bottom heavy it is. The top feels like it's not being used. The lock shot in the middle just seems like MB all day unless you purposely ignore that which is why you never see this game in professional play.
Shadow is like that ugly girl that is just a freak in bed. It outshoots IJ no question IMO but you just want to close your eyes sometimes. Thankfully that's gotten much better with plastic surgery called the hands of Aurich.
IJ is like GB to me. Unbelievable themes with the sound and art to match it. Both come up short on the playfield unfortunately.

Feel same about IJ. It is well liked and a cool theme so it has to be a great game. Maybe I never played one in great shape but I agree about the top end of the game. The ball is often out of view and you are just waiting for it to dribble down somewhere at the bottom. I don't really care for the drab colors, either. Shadow looks awesome and plays fast. It has a hard to shoot mode start as well but there are other things you can shoot for. Sometimes I just like to shoot ramps and hit diverters playing out vengeance. Shadow lacks in theme but it's a whole lot cheaper than IJ.

#25 33 days ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Awesome. Is this Chris’ first shadow project? Please share when done

He said he’s only done a couple over the years. He’s looking forward doing it, since he hasn’t done very many.
It’s great that Aurich is going to be making more Tranlites.

1 week later
#26 22 days ago

Both are relatively similar in the tight mode shot, mode points being applied after the ball is lost, and Brian Eddy having involvement with both. I think that Shadow has a more satisfying upper playfield, and Indy feels a bit more floaty being a wide body.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
€ 40.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 59.00
$ 15.00
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 21.00
$ 35.00
Electronics
Ewe22 Security PIC Chips
Machine - For Sale
Glenview, IL
$ 79.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Arts Arcade
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 105.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside