(Topic ID: 244535)

[DISCONTINUED] Indiana Jones Temple/Fire Light Jackpot Mod - [ Medisinyl Mods ]]

By Medisinyl

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Medisinyl
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210914_152501 (resized).jpg
20210913_173040 (resized).jpg
IMG_1611 (1) (resized).jpg
IMG_1627 (1) (resized).jpg
Indiana Installation Jackpot (resized).png
20190608_180853 (resized).jpg
fire (resized).jpg
59568.jpeg
jack7.jpg
jack6.jpg
jack5.jpg
jack4.jpg
jack3.jpg
jack2.jpg
jack1.jpg
giphyij.gif
#1 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1104-medisinyl-mods/02555-indiana-jones-light-jackpot-temple-cover-mod-lite-jackpot

Just added this new mod to the Pinside shop. It's a slip over mod that holds tight and installs/uninstalls in seconds. Couple different options available.

More information in the sales page.

Will add more photos as they become available (will be testing a red flasher soon).

Standard coloring is the gold that matches my custom rails and ruins paint service, but gray stone could be offered on request (rails are currently out of production).

"Lite" spelling was also fixed to "light" as that's how it's being used here ("lite" refers to lower calorie food/beverage, and I didn't want to turn this into a neon bar sign ).

Hopefully this will be seen as a neat upgrade to the factory jackpot plastic
59568.jpeg59568.jpeggiphyij.gifgiphyij.gifjack1.jpgjack1.jpgjack2.jpgjack2.jpgjack3.jpgjack3.jpgjack4.jpgjack4.jpgjack5.jpgjack5.jpgjack6.jpgjack6.jpgjack7.jpgjack7.jpg

#2 4 years ago

First batch of these is going into paint today and should ship out sometime tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. Any orders over this weekend should ship out next week.

While 100% of the interest has been for the fire-pit model, I could prepare a version without for photos if there's interest. For now, I'm having issues with a two of my three printers and just doing what I can to get paid orders out, and each of these takes about 7 hours to print all the parts (if successful).

#3 4 years ago

Medisinyl Did you do those POA ruins too? Those look awesome.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

medisinyl Did you do those POA ruins too? Those look awesome.

I did create (hand-carved/silicone molded) and sell those rails for three runs of five, then halted production as attempting to make 5 in a week became more than a full time job with multiple nights without sleep, and held back proposal plans to my now fiancee for months (took a few hundred hours to develop them initially over a few months). I do have a running interest list if I run them again.

It would seem to be a shame to never run them again, but I'll have to be in the right mindset with a lot of time available. They'd likely be slightly higher price if they are run again as I underestimated the labor involved the first time around.

I appreciate the positive feedback

EDIT: This was the original rail thread (some nice photos from gac toward the end). I also offer a paint service to match the factory ruins. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-hand-sculpted-poa-rails-medisinyl-mods-development

Will also note that I've been offering discounts on this mod to those that were in on the matching rails, but have yet to contact everyone. So feel free to PM me if you have the rails.

#5 4 years ago

Nice work man, some of you guys are SO damn talented. I was looking at the other thread where the guy makes all kinds of replacement ruins and whantnot, and the other dude who makes the planes look cool.

Someday I'd love to get all the replacement ruins, rails, covers, etc...

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Nice work man, some of you guys are SO damn talented. I was looking at the other thread where the guy makes all kinds of replacement ruins and whantnot, and the other dude who makes the planes look cool.
Someday I'd love to get all the replacement ruins, rails, covers, etc...

Absolutely some awesome offerings for IJ by the other mod guys. Can only imagine there was a ton of time involved in producing most of them. Takes passion to work for weeks or months on these mods with no promise of any purchase interest, and I'm thankful to all the other modders that have made cool stuff I've gotten for my own games (many with talents I'll never have).

#7 4 years ago

For anyone that may be interested to know how I'm getting the smoke look on the tips of the flames (for your own projects or otherwise), I'm just using the tip of the flame from a lighter (also helps quickly remove the stringy print mess from all sorts of 3D projects [that stringy haze on the "Before" photo is almost instantly flashed away with the flame]). Not as much definition or life on the printed flame without that bit of accenting IMO.

Can't really see those print lines in person, but they will be smoothed out (with triple thick glaze) before painting the color on (flame ends up glossier than the final matte finish on the stone portion).
fire (resized).jpgfire (resized).jpg

#9 4 years ago

Just ordered !!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Just ordered !!

Much appreciated. Thank you!

Got this first run out earlier today (anyone that didn't get tracking today will be part of the next run to ship next week).

20190608_180853 (resized).jpg20190608_180853 (resized).jpg
#11 4 years ago

Just shipped run #2.

Below are the instructions that are being included with the mod (photo is of an earlier prototype without the fire-pit, but shows where the plastic should slide into).

I have yet to hear from anyone in run #1 yet, but hopefully someone with the mirror option can post photos once installed

---
Interactive PoA Rails UPDATE:

I've been getting a lot of inquiries about my custom rails. In the last days of August, I'll start sending out messages to those on my 2nd production list (and post in the thread) to see if there's enough interest to merit ordering resin, etc. I don't foresee having enough time for what that project requires until Sept. I expect it would again be cut-off at three runs of five for the 2nd production.

As those on the existing list would get run priority, feel free to PM me if you're interested. 2nd production run would be priced at $249 + $14.99 shipping. That's a small increase over the first production run. Runs would also likely be timed closer to 1.5-2 weeks each for my sanity

Indiana Installation Jackpot (resized).pngIndiana Installation Jackpot (resized).png
1 week later
#12 4 years ago

3rd run will ship out tomorrow and I should have a couple extra fire-pit models on hand afterward (or would ship tomorrow if sold tonight).

As I have yet to hear any feedback, I'm hoping everyone in Run #1/2 hasn't had any issues (if so, please let me know). Was also hoping to have installed photos of the mirrored option if anyone has that installed yet (some customers on the fence). If so, a photo or two would be greatly appreciated

Also photos with a red flasher would be neat to see if anyone went that route with it.

Thanks again to everyone that has ordered one of these thus far.

1 week later
#13 4 years ago

Here are a couple pics of the mod installed on my machine next to Medisinyl's IJ rails.

IMG_1611 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1611 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1627 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_1627 (1) (resized).jpg
2 years later
#14 2 years ago

This is a prototype I just finished up (added the mirror and red film to a painted prototype I've had on hand) to donate to the Project Pinball auction.

It's the only one to have the tiki/idol head fire pit (the rock pit has better overall geometry with the mod IMO, and it looked better to have more of the flame on top exposed).

It was never tested in a game, but it should fit.

Another difference from the production version is the inner sculpting. The final version smoothed out the inside for better installation of the red film, and the eyes on this prototype likely don't light up as well.
20210913_173040 (resized).jpg20210913_173040 (resized).jpg

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

This is a prototype I just finished up (added the mirror and red film to a painted prototype I've had on hand) to donate to the Project Pinball auction.
It's the only one to have the tiki/idol head fire pit (the rock pit has better overall geometry with the mod IMO, and it looked better to have more of the flame on top exposed).
It was never tested in a game, but it should fit.
Another difference from the production version is the inner sculpting. The final version smoothed out the inside for better installation of the red film, and the eyes on this prototype likely don't light up as well.
[quoted image]

Also going to throw in this earlier prototype.

It won't be good for anything aside from being neat to see at the show, and the off chance someone finds it interesting as a collectible curiosity.

The mirrored prototype here was far enough along to consider any aftermarket plane mods as well. It was the last prototype before the production version refinements.

This was painted back when it was first printed, so if anyone that has the PoA rails missed out on the Jackpot mod, this will be an exact paint match.

20210914_152501 (resized).jpg20210914_152501 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.00
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-temple-fire-light-jackpot-mod-medisinyl-mods- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.