D8F2F5FB-70BB-4D32-A4F9-527AB27AE80A (resized).jpeg
VNsVX0K3Tpm8ti7%V6Tiqw (resized).jpg
ujGFA7r4QwOPymOGLUiNYg (resized).jpg
ObevlcmxRDCD4i9dO5kbAA (resized).jpg
%FZUIwlsTMKg023dLXb3Jg (resized).jpg
r0T63Gv9TiigOlcqv6ngrQ (resized).jpg
DQqTXBt8TbeWK7DTAOh3ZQ (resized).jpg
gnvFNoWWTyGJPPoSJTDcyQ (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#346 1 year ago

Don't know what the version is but we just got it so I don't know why it wouldn't be the most current version.

1. Upper Captive ball ejection seems random. During a mode focused on this area the ball did not eject; so the mode could not be played.

2. All switches are super duper slow...spinner does not score correctly and lags far behind.

3. Auto Launching balls is a bit of a mess. During well of souls each launched ball needs to hit a PF switch before another ball is launched. Just ends up being a bunch of balls stuck in the shooter lane than can't be launched over working the coil.

4. Green insert constantly flashing for dogfight is a bit annoying.

I need to read the rule sheet which will probably fill me in on other questions I had.

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Please read the rules and learn the game....

For sure that's the plan; can you point me to them please?

#370 1 year ago

Well I guess we see why I do the posting

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Please read the rules and learn the game or ask me if you want to know something. Guessing isn’t gonna help.

Ok back after a good long session tonight after studying up on the rules. So hopefully you can answer some questions for me and some other thoughts I have.

1. I read a lot of the rules you posted but it could for sure be drawn out more with the basics, unless there's a newer version than 103.
Basics like Right ramp advances mode, right orbit lights scoop for mode etc.
1a. Does IJ change lit mode by pops and not ramp? No sure
1b. Do you need to light a mode? IJ is always lit I believe.

Quoted from applejuice:

Well the mode you videod was castle grunwald which is using the 2 captive balls not the Ball inside the map room so yes it works fine if you hit those captive balls..

2. I don't know what to say aboot this, the rules say to hit the captive ball in the map room, the lower captive ball doesn't seem to have any effect other than locking balls? What am I missing here? The rules also state that getting the saucer in the map room increases the mode value but every time I hit a ball in there it doesn't eject and there's nothing to do in the mode?

3. Steal the Stones mode rules states it's 3 rounds but I'm pretty sure it doesn't end after 3...I think I completed 5. I'll make a note to test again.

4. Jones vs Aliens doesn;t show a countdown timer if that matters.

5. How do you activate that quick MB? "Hit the rear captive ball 3 times to start quick multiball" is stated in the rules but 3 consecutive hits to the map room captive ball but I couldn't seem to get anything to start although the flasher was going. Do you have to get it in the saucer or spell map?

6. How to light Loopin Jackpot mode? What does "progressive shots to ark" mean? I've hit the ark tons of time but haven;t seen loopin Supers yet.

7. Luckily I couldn't re-create ball hang up in the shooter lane in Well of Souls; but it did happen in MB with the extra ark balls. At that time the coils were too hot to flip so this might have just been a weird occurrence. Will test again next time.

8. The Soft reset by holding the start button during a game is very problematic and froze the game during start up the 5 times i did it.

Most locked up there at the exact same "Wil..." time but once it just stayed on "MrPinballs" logo & read "reset," all lights still on and the temple scoop cycling endlessly; probably a couple minutes before i tunred it off.

9. I got yelled at because I was still playing the machine after an hour and everyone could smell the coils. I mean they are cooking in there.

10. had a weird bug were I started Rope Bridge (I think) and the mode ended it as soon as i started it, and then lit all modes as complete & lit Final Adventure mode; Probably no way to test for that one. At ball end it got stuck on the bonus count but then went to the next ball, still with the bonus count stuck on.

11. Switches really do lag; spinner is way behind.

12. Weird sort of flicker/ghost on the Temple of Doom lamp. Does that happen on yours? Need to take a look at ours and see if it's a bulb issues or something.

Anyway, thanks for any info you can give!

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Ok this is going to take me some time to go through but let's start with point 1 & 2 & 5. I did say before that some understanding of the original indy is assumed, but yes maybe i should write more detailed rules. Let me just work out when i am going to have time for that....

Appreciate it.

Quoted from applejuice:

'Check the manual people'

Ahhhh....Haha too true; Nice one CFH!

Quoted from applejuice:

I can see you are frustrated in the video and automatically assume the software is wrong when you don't check the games hardware.....

Naw not frustrated at all, A person throwing a ball into a captive ball just looks more awkward than the flippers doing it If I could just put the ball in the saucer I would have.

Quoted from applejuice:

Further more, even though you both never contacted me before and didn't buy this kit and insist on posting every possible detail on here without checking things first, you can have a refund if you return it (via the original purchasers account) no problem if its the same condition as sent. Nobody is forcing you to use this product...

We're a massive club. Once person bought the kit for the club, we installed it and are learning aboot it. I've been rude in no way and simply asking you questions as instructed

Quoted from applejuice:

Please read the rules and learn the game or ask me if you want to know something...

If there is a diff'rent way you want me to ask questions (I assume privately?) I can do that just as well, I'm not a mind reader.

#392 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

...I use incandescent (filament) lamps and don't see any issues like this. This may also explain why the shimmering attract lamp effect doesn't look too good....

Yeah prop LED issue; Just thought I'd ask.

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Sent you a direct email to the address above so we can continue directly on the chat.
To finish up the qus from earlier.
No 3) Should be 3 rounds then the mode completes with a total shown on screen. I can check mine here.
No 4) The mode timer is in the bottom right hand corner. Though it is shown in green (iirc) the same colour as the background etc so maybe it needs the colour changing. I think this is because the timer layer was defaulted to show green if no other colour was set.
No 6) Looping Jackpots is started when you reach a threshold of ark hits, set by the setting in the game play feature menu. the default setting is 50 hits so its not something that you get early on.
No 8 ) Yes i need to look into this

Will do & thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-stern-software-rewrite-port-over-the-journey?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.