Quoted from applejuice:
Please read the rules and learn the game or ask me if you want to know something. Guessing isn’t gonna help.
Ok back after a good long session tonight after studying up on the rules. So hopefully you can answer some questions for me and some other thoughts I have.
1. I read a lot of the rules you posted but it could for sure be drawn out more with the basics, unless there's a newer version than 103.
Basics like Right ramp advances mode, right orbit lights scoop for mode etc.
1a. Does IJ change lit mode by pops and not ramp? No sure
1b. Do you need to light a mode? IJ is always lit I believe.
Quoted from applejuice:
Well the mode you videod was castle grunwald which is using the 2 captive balls not the Ball inside the map room so yes it works fine if you hit those captive balls..
2. I don't know what to say aboot this, the rules say to hit the captive ball in the map room, the lower captive ball doesn't seem to have any effect other than locking balls? What am I missing here? The rules also state that getting the saucer in the map room increases the mode value but every time I hit a ball in there it doesn't eject and there's nothing to do in the mode?
3. Steal the Stones mode rules states it's 3 rounds but I'm pretty sure it doesn't end after 3...I think I completed 5. I'll make a note to test again.
4. Jones vs Aliens doesn;t show a countdown timer if that matters.
5. How do you activate that quick MB? "Hit the rear captive ball 3 times to start quick multiball" is stated in the rules but 3 consecutive hits to the map room captive ball but I couldn't seem to get anything to start although the flasher was going. Do you have to get it in the saucer or spell map?
6. How to light Loopin Jackpot mode? What does "progressive shots to ark" mean? I've hit the ark tons of time but haven;t seen loopin Supers yet.
7. Luckily I couldn't re-create ball hang up in the shooter lane in Well of Souls; but it did happen in MB with the extra ark balls. At that time the coils were too hot to flip so this might have just been a weird occurrence. Will test again next time.
8. The Soft reset by holding the start button during a game is very problematic and froze the game during start up the 5 times i did it.
Most locked up there at the exact same "Wil..." time but once it just stayed on "MrPinballs" logo & read "reset," all lights still on and the temple scoop cycling endlessly; probably a couple minutes before i tunred it off.
9. I got yelled at because I was still playing the machine after an hour and everyone could smell the coils. I mean they are cooking in there.
10. had a weird bug were I started Rope Bridge (I think) and the mode ended it as soon as i started it, and then lit all modes as complete & lit Final Adventure mode; Probably no way to test for that one. At ball end it got stuck on the bonus count but then went to the next ball, still with the bonus count stuck on.
11. Switches really do lag; spinner is way behind.
12. Weird sort of flicker/ghost on the Temple of Doom lamp. Does that happen on yours? Need to take a look at ours and see if it's a bulb issues or something.
Anyway, thanks for any info you can give!