Topic Stats

• 319 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by TheBEAVR
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 196 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ujGFA7r4QwOPymOGLUiNYg (resized).jpg
ObevlcmxRDCD4i9dO5kbAA (resized).jpg
%FZUIwlsTMKg023dLXb3Jg (resized).jpg
r0T63Gv9TiigOlcqv6ngrQ (resized).jpg
DQqTXBt8TbeWK7DTAOh3ZQ (resized).jpg
gnvFNoWWTyGJPPoSJTDcyQ (resized).jpg
indy i-o controller board v5 assembly - 2 (resized).jpg
indy i-o controller board v5 assembly - 1 (resized).jpg
stern sam proto pcb rev5 - 2 (resized).jpg
0185DA71-35A3-400B-9EA0-EB112A3B2C48 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5789 (resized).JPG
IMG_5785 (resized).JPG
IMG_5694 (resized).JPG
IMG_5696 (resized).JPG
IMG_5606 (resized).JPG
3489680A-01B4-43FC-BD61-3B7E9FC66636 (resized).jpeg

There are 319 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 4 months ago

ya cool, add me to kit list. i just picked up the pin a couple days ago

#302 4 months ago

New mode . ‘Super Quick Multiball’ a bonus mode for completing any 4 modes that match a film

New start graphic

0185DA71-35A3-400B-9EA0-EB112A3B2C48 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#303 65 days ago

any updates on this? we are getting into this pin a lot now!

#304 64 days ago
Quoted from pin-pimp:

any updates on this? we are getting into this pin a lot now!

Yes I’m waiting for the latest revision of my new all in 1 controller boards to arrive.

Kits using proc boards are still available

2 weeks later
#305 50 days ago

New proto controller boards arrived, with on board amp upgrades to test.

stern sam proto pcb rev5 - 2 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#306 12 days ago

Update on my indy project new controller boards. First a small recap, these new controller boards are a single board with everything that's needed to run my updated code including audio. The audio side of things was previously controlled by seperate audio amps, as seen in many 'boutique' pinball games like spooky games and highway games etc. Although this is a solution i never liked it and wanted something more contained and neat. Also the advance of rPi computer technology has meant on board computers can be added in place of seperate boxes. The 3rd thing was to re-engineer my own iso controller device to do away with the expensive and black box proc board. So, i/o and computer side of things had previously been cracked which left the audio side.

Today i have cracked that to. I have been over the past few months (since christmas) working on a design using audio amp ics which are popular with arcade games. I have also been learning about audio ground and digital ground! The main issue i was having previously was audio noise generated from the rPi being picked dup by the amplifier. Jeeping the 2 ground plans seperate until the external connector has now solved this.

So some pics and vids.

Latest board assembled being assembled before the ics, i/o and rPi controllers go in

indy i-o controller board v5 assembly - 1 (resized).jpg

Board being tested

indy i-o controller board v5 assembly - 2 (resized).jpg

Testing video

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAZ_AbdnV7k/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I'm testing it on bench using a crappy atx power supply so this is the worst i think it will sound in terms of any noise. Next is to swap out the earlier test board in my game and use this one to see what its like.

I am also working on some i/o updates to hopefully allow reading of some special switch info. Something that the proc board was unable to do. The sam system has some special switches that are read via the data bus not the usual switch matrix. These are things like the coin door voltage disable switch, the zero cross circuit and the lamp status etc. The most useful here is the coin door switch so you know when the hv is off and the door is open.

#307 10 days ago

ready to plug in, the full kit. Controller Board and RGB Led DMD Panel. I think its looking pretty neat and tidy now

gnvFNoWWTyGJPPoSJTDcyQ (resized).jpg

1 week later
#308 2 days ago

Looking good, enjoy seeing the progress!

#309 1 day ago

Some pics of the new rgb display installed. (The rgb screen could also be used with ccc kits)

Also played for a good hour the other night and any lag on video modes is gone now with the latest design, the rpi4 and the off loading of the dmd processing to a slave controller. Mine cart is my go to test video mode, and its now silky smooth!!

DQqTXBt8TbeWK7DTAOh3ZQ (resized).jpgr0T63Gv9TiigOlcqv6ngrQ (resized).jpgObevlcmxRDCD4i9dO5kbAA (resized).jpg%FZUIwlsTMKg023dLXb3Jg (resized).jpg

#310 1 day ago

I am also hoping to offer the full kit for £400 plus shipping for early adopters on this new kit. Thats as close to a single colour dmd as i can get i think (based on uk pricing). Regular price after that will be £450 plus shipping after that.

Thats also HALF the cost of the original kit using a proc board and bigger computer, seperate amp etc

#311 1 day ago

A pic of how the backbox now looks with just the new hardware in now. Much cleaner and factory looking

ujGFA7r4QwOPymOGLUiNYg (resized).jpg

#312 1 day ago

Tremendous impressive work Jim!

#313 22 hours ago

The new board looks good and not out of place in the machine.

Does it work with the original plasma DMD?

#314 22 hours ago

Excellent work, well done.

#315 8 hours ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Tremendous impressive work Jim!

Thank you. The message is much appreciated

#316 8 hours ago
Quoted from CookyJar:

The new board looks good and not out of place in the machine.
Does it work with the original plasma DMD?

No, it only works with either an LCD screen like before, or with my new rgb led display

#317 6 hours ago

This is nuts! Holy cow!!! Very impressive!!!! What an endeavor!!! Makes me want to get a Stern Indy just to do this!

#318 4 hours ago
Quoted from applejuice:

No, it only works with either an LCD screen like before, or with my new rgb led display

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but does that mean the Color DMD LCD/LED displays will work?

I've been thinking about purchasing one for my machine and also been thinking about being an early adopter for your board set, it looks awesome! The only thing really holding me back is my lack of "fun money" due to a loss of income flow because of the whole COVID situation.

#319 3 hours ago
Quoted from applejuice:

A pic of how the backbox now looks with just the new hardware in now. Much cleaner and factory looking
[quoted image]

Does this run PyProcGame?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
There are 319 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside