D8F2F5FB-70BB-4D32-A4F9-527AB27AE80A (resized).jpeg
VNsVX0K3Tpm8ti7%V6Tiqw (resized).jpg
ujGFA7r4QwOPymOGLUiNYg (resized).jpg
ObevlcmxRDCD4i9dO5kbAA (resized).jpg
%FZUIwlsTMKg023dLXb3Jg (resized).jpg
r0T63Gv9TiigOlcqv6ngrQ (resized).jpg
DQqTXBt8TbeWK7DTAOh3ZQ (resized).jpg
gnvFNoWWTyGJPPoSJTDcyQ (resized).jpg
There are 402 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.
#251 5 years ago

How ready for the big leagues is this re-write? Like, could I put it in and put it on location and leave it on 24/7 for a month?

#252 5 years ago

Adding support for rpi3b+ is HUGE! It makes the conversion much more affordable since the computer cost is $35. Very impressive work! Hope to see more people convert their game!

Quoted from applejuice:

v0.7.1 now out to testers. Some niggly bugs squashed in this update If all good from feedback then i'll roll it out to everyone else
Update notes as follows:
v0.7.1 Update
- Fixed a bug that could cause Choose Wisely to end immediately (when started immediately after a non timed mode)
- Fixed a bug that could cause random completion of unplayed modes after choose wisely ended immediately
- Added trough test
- Fixed a possible crash bug with Castle Brunwald where the mode count flag was not resetting properly after a game
- Added support for raspberry pi computer hardware (model 3b+ only)
- Added new desktop support for raspberry pi computers (model 3b+ only)
- Fixed a bug that caused the score on warehouse raid to add 1 point extra than it should, making the general score and match display look odd
- Fixed a typo with Ringmaster mode startup help text

1 week later
#253 5 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

How ready for the big leagues is this re-write? Like, could I put it in and put it on location and leave it on 24/7 for a month?

If the game is restored with a full playfield rebuild top and bottom then the software upgrade will run fine. The games are now 10 years old so many of the reported issues i get now are to do with old mechs and issues surrounding broken/intermittent switches. A simple change of all new balls (of the non magnetising variety) does wonders to. There are still some minor bugs to iron out with game features and i am still adding new features and improving older features as i feel the urge and have time.

#254 5 years ago

After a bit of research and some help from my wife i've made some changes to the mode start map screen. Here is an updated mode start bgnd with the 2 extra 4th film modes currently code included (Nevada, USA for Warehouse Raid and Peru for Jones vs Aliens)

indy-map-bgnd-14-modes (resized).pngindy-map-bgnd-14-modes (resized).png

I'm now working on the update to get all the mode start windows starting from the correct location. People have reported in the past that all modes start from South America at the moment, which is correct!! You cant get anything past a pinhead!!!.

I've also come up with an idea to update this map with green dots for the modes that you have played. Another visual guide for your progress through the game.

#255 5 years ago

Some screenshots for the mode progress updates. note the green dots on the map.

Screenshot 2018-07-22 19.17.52 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-07-22 19.17.52 (resized).png

Also note the correct locations for the modes on the map are working now to. Rope Bridge from Temple of Doom for example takes place in India.

Screenshot 2018-07-21 20.51.16(3) (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-07-21 20.51.16(3) (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-07-21 20.51.16(5) (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-07-21 20.51.16(5) (resized).png

#256 5 years ago

Absolutely fantastic! Keep it up!

1 week later
#257 5 years ago

v0.7.1 Update now released on the downloads area. Includes the map updates shown above and the previous changes discussed for release. Now on to v0.7.2

v0.7.1 Update

- Fixed a bug that could cause Choose Wisely to end immediately (when started immediately after a non timed mode)
- Fixed a bug that could cause random completion of unplayed modes after choose wisely ended immediately
- Fixed a bug with Choose wisely where you could repeatedly choose your selection resulting in overlayed graphics and speech calls
- Added trough test
- Fixed a possible crash bug with Castle Brunwald where the mode count flag was not resetting properly after a game
- Added support for raspberry pi computer hardware (model 3b+ only)
- Added new desktop support for raspberry pi computers (model 3b+ only)
- Fixed a bug that caused the score on warehouse raid to add 1 point extra than it should, making the general score and match display look odd
- Fixed a typo with Ringmaster mode startup help text
- Improved Minecart mode and barrier interaction of all turns
- Improved Minecart mode and barrier frame sync speed after half way point
- Fixed a bug in Minecart where a barrier could be stuck on after the mode was run once
- Fixed a bug with the ball search where it could be enabled during long bonus calcs and possibly mess up the trough logic
- Improved Mode Start map graphics so that modes start from the correct location on the map instead of always being South America
- Improved mode start map so that completed modes are hilighted with a solid green dot instead of always flashing red

#258 5 years ago

Looking forward to playing this soon!

#259 5 years ago

Progress on a new crystal skull mode

Enter the temple/return the skull. This is where they have to remove the stone faces to move the obelisque and gain access to the temple holding the aliens.

Here are early graphics i'm making.

Screenshot 2018-07-29 22.44.30 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-07-29 22.44.30 (resized).png

You have to remove 5 stone faces to complete the mode. I'm thinking the mode will work as follows. To remove a face stone, you shoot the ramp which opens the temple scoop then shoot in there to collect. Then repeat.

#260 5 years ago

More progress with new modes. Adding a 'Nuke Test' mode as suggested by Dave. Here are some screenshots of graphics i've created. The premise is that the mode starts and you have 3 arrows lit on the rhs. They are worth 5,10 & 15million, depending on what you shoot. Further out the higher the points but the harder the shot. After you shoot one, you are awarded the appropriate amount, then 3 arrows on the lhs light for the same thing. After that the temple scoop opens for you to hide in the fridge before the detonation. If you make it 20million awaits, if you fail BOOM, you failed! Screen shows a big red countdown timer

Screenshot 2018-07-31 16.54.27 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-07-31 16.54.27 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-07-31 17.20.03 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-07-31 17.20.03 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-07-31 17.15.31 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-07-31 17.15.31 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-07-31 17.42.02 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-07-31 17.42.02 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-07-31 17.42.15 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-07-31 17.42.15 (resized).png
So the 4 kindom modes are now

1) Warehouse Raid
2) Nuke Test
3) Return The Skull
4) Jones vs Aliens (Ringmaster as secret alternative)

#261 5 years ago

What's the overall objective here? Are you going to burn this ROM to some chips and sell them? Please?

#262 5 years ago

No this is a replacement not a rom upgrade. See earlier thread for computer, display and p-roc board needed (now rasb. B plus option )

Quoted from lurch:

What's the overall objective here? Are you going to burn this ROM to some chips and sell them? Please?

#263 5 years ago
Quoted from lurch:

If only you could get all this work into a single 4mb rom!

#264 5 years ago

Screen shot of the return the skull mode in action, now i've created all the graphics for it. I've added some sand draining out graphics to as you progress through the mode, as per the film scene.

Screenshot 2018-08-01 20.42.30(2) (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-08-01 20.42.30(2) (resized).png

#265 5 years ago

Made some small tweaks to the map locations and adding the 2 new mode positions. The skull return location and jones vs aliens is actually in the amazon, not peru as first thought! Peru is where the spanish treasure hunters were buried with it. Watched the 4th film again today!

Screenshot 2018-08-04 18.55.20 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-08-04 18.55.20 (resized).png

3 weeks later
#266 5 years ago

So glad to see this is still progressing. Going on 3 years now and this is a really awesome project. I don't have this game (yet) but maybe one day when I do this will be the software I'll install. I'm also in the process of learning Python, so it's really cool to see it being used as a practical application on something I love.

#267 5 years ago

Back from the UK pinfest show 2018 where i had 2 indys running my upgrade

IMG_2365 (resized).JPGIMG_2365 (resized).JPGIMG_2364 (resized).JPGIMG_2364 (resized).JPGIMG_2369 (resized).JPGIMG_2369 (resized).JPG

Some stats from one of the indys there.

Total Raw Games Started

Friday - 87
Saturday - 164
Sunday - 172

Total - 424

Total Games Started

Friday - 38
Saturday - 119
Sunday - 78

Total - 235

Overall games to players playing ratio is 1.8. Also interesting the ratio for multiplayer games is much higher on friday and sunday then on saturday! Read into that what you will

#268 5 years ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

So glad to see this is still progressing. Going on 3 years now and this is a really awesome project. I don't have this game (yet) but maybe one day when I do this will be the software I'll install. I'm also in the process of learning Python, so it's really cool to see it being used as a practical application on something I love.

Thanks, yes a long term project where is chip away at it and keep improving and refining. The more play data i get the better it gets. The overall project length is around 7 years now, as it started on the williams game first (obviously) and i had a few years working on magic girl, raza and others with john at zidware in between

#269 5 years ago

Very cool project!

#270 5 years ago

Its vinyl decal update time. Working on some updated stickers for owners to add to their games. Helps update some of the rule changes on the playfield. Aiming to get them reverse printed using the same textured orange peel finish as the originals.

Screenshot 2018-08-29 18.45.47 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-08-29 18.45.47 (resized).png

1 week later
#271 5 years ago

is this available as an upgrade kit ???......like Bride of Pinbot 2.0 was ????

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from Greatpins:

is this available as an upgrade kit ???......like Bride of Pinbot 2.0 was ????

yes

2 months later
#273 5 years ago

Happy Free Black Friday Weekend or something! A special update for you all coming shortly this holiday weekend. v0.80 including the 2 new 4th film modes i've been working on and a new super jackpot lit screen

See here for the upcoming release notes

v0.8.0 Update

- Added new mode for 4th film section - Nuke Test
- Added new mode for 4th film section - Return The Skull
- Re-ordered the 4th film modes to accommodate the new modes and keep the order closer tot he film running order.
- Ringmaster mode is now secret option/alternative when starting Jones vs Aliens
- Fixed the lampshow files to accommodate the new mode order and naming
- Update the main config files to accommodate the new mode names, lamps mainly
- Added a new super jackpot is lit graphic screen
- Fixed some jackpot scoring display bugs
- Added more colour to the jackpot screen display score effects
- Improved monkey brains intelligence with handling the temple and lock ready scenarios when mode ends
- Fixed a nasty crash bug that was present in the mystery award logic. Rare but got called occasionally
- Fixed a crash bug when the games pause logic was implemented (from the tournament button). An old reference to the wms indy plane flashers was still in place, which do not exist in this game.
- Updated ball search logic to understand when the game is paused and not start cycling coils

Also, here is sneak peak on the super jackpot lit screen

Screenshot 2018-11-24 15.49.42 (resized).pngScreenshot 2018-11-24 15.49.42 (resized).png

#274 5 years ago

Great update, the game was really fun at Pinfest.

If I see a cheap Indy I'll be very tempted!

#275 5 years ago

Happy Holidays pinheads

v0.8.0 now available on the software downloads area. Update notes below.

v0.8.0 Update

- Added new mode for 4th film section - Nuke Test
- Added new mode for 4th film section - Return The Skull
- Re-ordered the 4th film modes to accommodate the new modes and keep the order closer tot he film running order.
- Ringmaster mode is now secret option/alternative when starting Jones vs Aliens
- Fixed the lampshow files to accommodate the new mode order and naming
- Update the main config files to accommodate the new mode names, lamps mainly
- Added a new super jackpot is lit graphic screen
- Fixed some jackpot scoring display bugs
- Added more colour to the jackpot screen display score effects
- Improved monkey brains intelligence with handling the temple and lock ready scenarios when mode ends
- Fixed a nasty crash bug that was present in the mystery award logic. Rare but got called occasionally
- Fixed a crash bug when the games pause logic was implemented (from the tournament button). An old reference to the wms indy plane flashers was still in place, which do not exist in this game.
- Updated ball search logic to understand when the game is paused and not start cycling coils

4 weeks later
#276 5 years ago

How does one obtain the "upgrade kit" for this? Looks super fun!

3 months later
#277 5 years ago

Updated rulesheet with info on how to play the new crystal skull modes now included in game software v0.80 and higher.

https://www.mypinballs.com/files/indy-rules_v103.pdf

2 weeks later
#278 5 years ago

Hi Jim
It seems that the download area is gone and link for IJ 0.8.0 code also , I have an IJ just refurbished and curious to try an alternative code !

myp (resized).JPGmyp (resized).JPG
#279 4 years ago
Quoted from doctor_pinball:

Hi Jim
It seems that the download area is gone and link for IJ 0.8.0 code also , I have an IJ just refurbished and curious to try an alternative code !
[quoted image]

The new software requires a hardware kit not just a download as it doesn't use the original cpu board hardware.

I need to update the software rev page, thanks for the reminder!

3 months later
#280 4 years ago

Quick update on something new hardware wise i am looking into. Full RGB Led 128 x 32 dot matrix panels for use with my rewrite. The same panels that are used in colour dmd products.

I am currently looking at ways to utilise the open source libraries available for these panels and integrate them with the display control stuff i have for regular lcd screens. Stay tuned on this.

IMG_4736 (resized).JPGIMG_4736 (resized).JPGIMG_4735 (resized).JPGIMG_4735 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
#281 4 years ago

Progress on my new rgb dmd panels. Super chuffed to get these working. (Also for info, these will work with CCC to )

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2MVrScnWhv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

IMG_4910 (resized).JPGIMG_4910 (resized).JPGIMG_4907 (resized).JPGIMG_4907 (resized).JPGIMG_4904 (resized).JPGIMG_4904 (resized).JPGIMG_4902 (resized).JPGIMG_4902 (resized).JPGIMG_4901 (resized).JPGIMG_4901 (resized).JPGIMG_4898 (resized).JPGIMG_4898 (resized).JPGIMG_4896 (resized).JPGIMG_4896 (resized).JPGIMG_4895 (resized).JPGIMG_4895 (resized).JPGIMG_4891 (resized).JPGIMG_4891 (resized).JPGIMG_4890 (resized).JPGIMG_4890 (resized).JPG

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Progress on my new rgb dmd panels. Super chuffed to get these working. (Also for info, these will work with CCC to )
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2MVrScnWhv/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Impressive. Congrats.

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Impressive. Congrats.

Should be possible to use on your totan project to, if you want led displays. I will be selling these as full panels to drop into games. Making a controller pcb and mount plate for them at the moment.

#284 4 years ago

On the fly brightness adjustments

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2T0z4OnZD_/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

These displays are seriously bright at 100% so i've added an adjustment setting in the settings menu to lower and increase the brightness. Works on the fly. I am defaulting the value to 60% which matches original dmd more closely.

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Should be possible to use on your totan project to, if you want led displays. I will be selling these as full panels to drop into games. Making a controller pcb and mount plate for them at the moment.

That’s great. Look forward to it. Thanks

#286 4 years ago

Will you release info on where to buy these displays and how to connect them?

#287 4 years ago

Working on creating a plastic mount frame for the panels and controller board, so i have a nice easy drop in solution to games

IMG_4980 (resized).JPGIMG_4980 (resized).JPG

#288 4 years ago

Have you considered taking one of these instead of the teensy based solution ?

noitbe1 has successfully implemented it in his Totan project through USB.
The PCB design on the picture can be downloaded for free here https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD ,
ordered fully assembled in china and you can sell them in your shop if you want.
af0c5e0371c59d0bcedad5c87cc62388aedc2518 (resized).jpgaf0c5e0371c59d0bcedad5c87cc62388aedc2518 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#289 4 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Have you considered taking one of these instead of the teensy based solution ?
noitbe1 has successfully implemented it in his Totan project through USB.
The PCB design on the picture can be downloaded for free here https://github.com/lucky01/PIN2DMD ,
ordered fully assembled in china and you can sell them in your shop if you want.
[quoted image]

I prefer creating my own hardware so I maintain full control and ownership these days. Plus teensy devices are something I use a lot for various projects

#290 4 years ago

Some more pics of my new mounting plate and driver board

3489680A-01B4-43FC-BD61-3B7E9FC66636 (resized).jpeg3489680A-01B4-43FC-BD61-3B7E9FC66636 (resized).jpegB1D0ACAE-CD5A-4D4F-B4BC-E1E4E01CC215 (resized).jpegB1D0ACAE-CD5A-4D4F-B4BC-E1E4E01CC215 (resized).jpeg719BB7C3-E4EA-49E3-BAE2-0EC12BC28F0F (resized).jpeg719BB7C3-E4EA-49E3-BAE2-0EC12BC28F0F (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#291 4 years ago

Can you still get the boards to put in the user made rom? What all does it entail to do?

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Can you still get the boards to put in the user made rom? What all does it entail to do?

Yes I still make kits for people and I have some new hardware in development to.

I can send you a pm with details and costs

4 weeks later
#293 4 years ago

Latest proto boards in for assembly and testing

IMG_5606 (resized).JPGIMG_5606 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#294 4 years ago

New proto board assembled and ready for testing. This is now an all in 1 cpu with onboard audio, computer and i/o, so

No more separate 3rd party io boards
No more seperate computer panels
No more separate amps
No more separate power supplies

Just take out your old cpu board and plug this one in.

Played my first 1 billion game on this new hardware the other day to, so testing is going well. Still a few bugs and niggles to solve but this is huge progress on my goal. Aiming for a £300 price point to, with led displays at £100, which will half the current kit cost.

IMG_5696 (resized).JPGIMG_5696 (resized).JPGIMG_5694 (resized).JPGIMG_5694 (resized).JPG

#295 4 years ago

applejuice ... It looks like you'd be able to sell a replacement Stern MPU board for a LOT less than retail if RaspPi runs Pinmame at an acceptable rate (it should ... I can't see why it wouldn't).

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

New proto board assembled and ready for testing. This is now an all in 1 cpu with onboard audio, computer and i/o, so
No more separate 3rd party io boards
No more seperate computer panels
No more separate amps
No more separate power supplies
Just take out your old cpu board and plug this one in.
Played my first 1 billion game on this new hardware the other day to, so testing is going well. Still a few bugs and niggles to solve but this is huge progress on my goal. Aiming for a £300 price point to, with led displays at £100, which will half the current kit cost.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I will be interested in this project as it finalizes

#297 4 years ago

I'll take one of these the second the kit is available.

#298 4 years ago

I beleive you can contact Jim now. If I recall there are several people testing the code with him. You can jump in with the new RPi solution which drops the entry price considerably.

Quoted from inhomearcades:

I'll take one of these the second the kit is available.

2 weeks later
#299 4 years ago

Pic from the latest testing of my new boards. On board sound with dac and separate amp is now working, as are the new led display panels. Full single board solution now. Just 1 remaining niggle to solve

IMG_5785 (resized).JPGIMG_5785 (resized).JPG

#300 4 years ago

Assembled proto controller board for the led rgb displays.

IMG_5789 (resized).JPGIMG_5789 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Machine - For Sale
Plainfield, IL
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 402 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-stern-software-rewrite-port-over-the-journey/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.