By applejuice

2 years ago

Stats

• 220 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by applejuice
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 138 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_8948 (resized).JPG
IMG_6626 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 18.46.35 (resized).png
20170401_162816 (resized).jpg
indy 003 (resized).JPG
indy 004 (resized).JPG
indy 002 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 22.47.17 1 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 17.55.15 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 14.32.48 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 11.47.32 1 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 11.48.11 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 11.46.50 (resized).png
IMG_7107 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 22.54.48 1 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 22.54.44 (resized).png

There are 220 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
#151 1 year ago

Thoughts on whether to keep the LCD panel mounts lovely natural ply or spray black?

#152 1 year ago

Requests for the additions to the list of randomly selected TILT speech phrases Drop me a message

So far:

- "We can at least behave like civilised people!"
- "And I assure you, this will never happen again in my Kingdom!"

#153 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Requests for the additions to the list of randomly selected TILT speech phrases

-Irina Spalko: "Do svidaniya, Dr. Jones!"
-Marion: "You're not the man I knew ten years ago."
-Shorty: "I keep telling you, you listen to me more, you live longer!"
Mola Ram: "You dare not do that."

#154 1 year ago

if you're not going to see it closed up, I would say leave it plywood. If visible through cracks and such, I think black would be better.
Looks great either way though

#155 1 year ago

project still blows my mind!

#156 1 year ago

Amazing work guys. This is really cool.

#157 1 year ago
Quoted from cougtv:

if you're not going to see it closed up, I would say leave it plywood. If visible through cracks and such, I think black would be better.
Looks great either way though

Went with black for the first few, to keep that authentic look with the rest of the backbox and cabinet.

IMG_6200_(resized).JPG

#158 1 year ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

-Marion: "You're not the man I knew ten years ago."

Excellent choice!

#159 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Love the callouts! But the pilot in Raiders is named "Jock", right?
I bring this up only because I was recounting the Raiders plot to my five year old yesterday (he's too young to watch but enjoys the soundtrack and wants to know what's happening in the movie during each track) and I was telling him about Jock's pet snake - hope I was right!

It is "Jock"

#160 1 year ago

Is it possible to have the original software as an option? In the Bride 2.0 they have it setup to use either the new or original software simply by pressing and holding the start button. It then offers the 2 options which can be selected by using the flippers then pressing start again.

#161 1 year ago

Is it possible to add additional players to these custom software rewrites? I always wished they had the ability to add more players in a lot of the newer games. Sega had up to 6 players which was nice. Is that an impossible task on a game that was not originally setup for it? Fantastic job on this project by the way. Making me consider buying a stern ij.

#162 1 year ago

Working on some more updates to the service mode. Coil test was bust, now working and sporting new grid layouts.Screen_Shot_2016-07-18_at_22.54.58_(resized).png

#163 1 year ago

Further progress on the coil test. wire colours working now, font colours put in, bugs fixed with naming and numbering and grid test positions

Screen_Shot_2016-07-19_at_20.48.06_(resized).png

#164 1 year ago
Quoted from iskidoo:

Is it possible to have the original software as an option? In the Bride 2.0 they have it setup to use either the new or original software simply by pressing and holding the start button. It then offers the 2 options which can be selected by using the flippers then pressing start again.

If pinmame would support sam games then its possible.

#165 1 year ago

Lamp Matrix service test port over and improvements. Single lamp test

Screen_Shot_2016-07-20_at_21.47.07_(resized).png

#166 1 year ago

Lamp ROW and COL tests added

Screen_Shot_2016-07-23_at_07.20.46_(resized).png

Screen_Shot_2016-07-23_at_07.20.36_(resized).png

1 month later
#167 1 year ago

Made some new insert cards today for noting down the basic rule guide for use on this game. Kept the same feel as the original games but updated to fit my rewrite and design

IMG_6828 (resized).jpg

#168 1 year ago

So there are a few 'slots' left to make new modes for the 'crystal skull' modes. One of these is the Jones vs Aliens mode that i've talked about before but i'm coding a new one now called 'Warehouse Raid'

This will be a 2 ball multiball mode where the idea is to locate items in warehouse 51, including the alien remains. The mode will work by shooting the main ramp to lock a ball into the holding area, then shoot the other ball around the ramp to release this ball and locate a warehouse item. The items will range from 5 mil to 20 mil (for the alien). The mode ends when the balls in play return to 1 after a grace period.

All being well i should have this mode up and running and included for the PlayExpo event in October here in the uk.

#169 1 year ago

Some screens shots of dev of the 'Warehouse Raid' mode so far

Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 22.44.14 (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 22.59.59 (resized).png

#170 1 year ago

Fixed some problems with the High Score entry system. Now have a 'celebration' screen to where you get your initials in big letters flashing away for a few seconds to after entry is finished

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 18.17.13 (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 22.51.14 1 (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 22.51.27 (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 22.54.44 (resized).png

Screen Shot 2016-09-12 at 22.54.48 1 (resized).png

#171 1 year ago

This is an amazing process. It is great see continued progress and innovation. Great work! I can't wait to get to play this someday!

#172 1 year ago

I don't know how I missed this thread, I wish there were far more like it on Pinside. I've been considering going through this same process with 24, it's my dream theme but it needs rule changes, callouts from the show, and an LCD. Time to go back and read this whole thread start to finish. Keep up the great work!

4 weeks later
#173 1 year ago

Quick update for followers of my rewrite. The game went to Play Expo UK last weekend and was enjoyed by lots of people (general public and pin players) during the event.

Code was updated to v0.4.1 before hand Details of changes below

Change log for v0.4.0 was

v0.4.0 Update …
- Added New Mode - Warehouse Raid
- Reordered Crystal Skull mode order on playfield
- Fixed issues with Service mode Software Update
- Added Service Mode Reboot Game option
- Added High Score Entry
- Added High Score Initials Celebration
- Added Loopin' Ramp Champion to High scores
- Added Lamp control to Pop Bumper mode
- Updated Video modes to handle Pop bumper lamps

v0.4.1 includes updates to the mode interaction with the temple qm mode, music sync improvements, ball search fixes and a few others things. Will be being rolled out to general availability after the show

Some pics of people playing the game:

IMG_7107 (resized).JPG

#174 1 year ago

Also some basic stats from the weekend

Total Games : 261
Av Score: 89,321,410
Av Game Time: 3 mins 33 secs

#175 1 year ago

What was the general comments, did you get any feedback?

#176 1 year ago

Thanks for the updates. What a cool project!

#177 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

What was the general comments, did you get any feedback?

Lots of comments and feedback, plus lots of game play data. This is the 2nd year I've taken the stern indy version (took the wms version 3 years ago). People have told me how much they enjoy playing it, how impressed they are with the effort which has gone in to it and often that they enjoy it more than the original wms version as it is a narrow body game so is faster.

#178 1 year ago

Was in on this early, it is fast....you can have a great game or it drains before you know what's happening. Makes for really choosing your shots. Good integration of existing play field and the call outs are well chosen. Plus you can convert back to the original Stern code/hardware with a little effort. Two games with same footprint is a bonus too. Looking forward to more updates, great so far!

#179 1 year ago

Hot on the heels of the Play Expo show is update v0.4.1

Notes are as follows:

v0.4.1 Update
- Fixed an issue with Ball Search that prevented it form starting
- Fixed a crash in multiball when jackpots lit
- Fixed colour issues with a POA graphic
- Improvements with mode interaction and temple qm mode
- Improvements to mode music syncing
- Improvements to dog fight logic and cleanup if ball drains during mode active
- Fixed a bug with dog fight not showing score total after collected
- Added a new graphic background for dog fight hurry up
- Improvements to Loopin Jackpot if ball drains during mode active
- Improved shoot again animation display
- Improved Extra Ball collected animation display
- Trough now handles bounce backs correctly
- Trough now checks for stacked balls when working out if trough is full
- Fixed a bug in match where old score digits were not cleared on subsequent games
- Added totem pause feature for use with video modes
- Adjusted the lock animation to suppress mode bonus graphics if ball locked while mode running
- Adjusted cancel sound in service mode for utility features

#180 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Lots of comments and feedback, plus lots of game play data. This is the 2nd year I've taken the stern indy version (took the wms version 3 years ago). People have told me how much they enjoy playing it, how impressed they are with the effort which has gone in to it and often that they enjoy it more than the original wms version as it is a narrow body game so is faster.

That's fantastic. I'd love to watch the reaction of a player that was familiar with the Stern software play your game for the first time!

#181 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

What you're doing is awesome. I had the Stern IJ for a few months and found it to be awful. The rules et is virtually non existent and the shots are highly repetitive. I couldn't wait to sell the game.

2 weeks later
#182 11 months ago

Something new i'm adding for inclusion on the next update, based on feedback and suggestions from users. Also have fixed some more issues identified from the play expo uk game testing. Can't beat getting the games out in the wild for average joe to play.

Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 11.46.50 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 11.47.32 1 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 11.48.11 (resized).png

#183 11 months ago

Nice updates Jim! What have you decided to do with the movie content in IJ4? Are you going to display the video frames in monochrome or colorize them? That would probably be a huge hassle, but wow if its possible!

#184 11 months ago

Any feedback from games out there with new software? Trying to find local IJ4 to add back.

#185 11 months ago

could you add me to the pre order list please? possibly PM the deposit details and whatnot?
thanks
Chris.

#186 11 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Nice updates Jim! What have you decided to do with the movie content in IJ4? Are you going to display the video frames in monochrome or colorize them? That would probably be a huge hassle, but wow if its possible!

I've stayed away from video footage really and am creating my own modes for the 4 the extra crystal section using hand drawn assets. I don't think video footage really works on a 128x32 dot resolution!

#187 11 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Any feedback from games out there with new software? Trying to find local IJ4 to add back.

Here is a review of the rewrite from one of the users.

http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/stern-ij4-the-mypinballs-re-write.34554/

1 week later
#188 11 months ago

Few more things being worked on for the next update (v0.4.2)

- 2-Way combo shot for completing a ramp shot then a right loop shot in quick succession

Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 17.55.15 (resized).png

- Beginnings of the Final Adventure multiball that is started by a grail scoop shot after you complete all 16 modes.

Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 14.32.48 (resized).png

#189 11 months ago

Coming to a game near you soon - Update v0.5.0

Working my way though all the little niggles spotted along with more additions and refinements. More to come..

v0.5.0 Update

- Fixed an issue that caused a memory leak within the dmd display cleanup
- Fixed an issue with mode creation that caused unnecessary memory usage cross ball and game
- Fixed bugs in moonlight madness that caused a crash when mode was enabled
- Added Final Adventure mode for attempting/completing all scenes
- Added Combo shots
- Improvements to Jet mode. Super Jets added. Progress now stored cross ball. Flashers added
- Improvements to flashers active when video mode starts
- Fixed an issue with HOF that caused balls not to eject properly from the grail scoop
- Fixed a bug in main multiball that caused super jackpot to be lit too early
- Improvements to WOS interaction with totem multiball
- Improvements to WOS and mode bonus shots
- Fixed a bug with HOF that caused ball search to activate sometimes during the animations
- Improvements to POA sync with other modes
- Added pausing of mode timers whilst ball being locked for multiball
- Improvements to temple mech operation
- Fixed a bug in service mode that stopped active switches being shown when first entered
- Changed service mode sounds
- Improved screen start process so only 1 frameless board is drawn at boot up

1 month later
#190 10 months ago

Wishing Everyone a very Happy Christmas and New Year 2017. Time for some much needed downtime and Christmas relaxing

In Indy news, v0.5.1 is in the works and will be released early next year with the following updates so far:

v0.5.1 Update

- Improved Trough ball kickout logic if power is off when ball start is first called
- Added preliminary Spinner mode support - requires PROC firmware update
- Fixed bug in POA adventure target awarding and mini set completions
- Fixed bug in Frankenstein 'hidden' mode target letters
- Fixed bug in mode select where chosen mode could end immediately after being started
- Fixed bug in INDY lanes where bonus could be set as 0
- Fixed bug in Loops where shot value could result in 0

Have a good one people

1 month later
#191 8 months ago

v0.5.1 Update Completed and coming to a game newer you soon

Details Below:

v0.5.1 Update
- Improved Trough ball kickout logic if power is off when ball start is first called
- Improved interaction and shot selection help from Monkey on screen for Streets of Cairo
- Improved mode bonus interaction with Get the Idol completion animations
- Added preliminary Spinner mode support - requires PROC firmware update
- Added New Homage Mode - Cirqus Voltaire Ringmaster Battle with MG references. Curently included as 3rd Kingdom mode, but will be moved to secret selection at alternative for Jones vs Aliens in next update
- Removed lane change option for right flipper on INDY lanes, was making it too hard to shoot the chosen lamp
- Fixed bug in POA adventure target awarding and mini set completions
- Fixed bug in Frankenstein 'hidden' mode target letters
- Fixed bug in mode select where chosen mode could end immediately after being started
- Fixed bug in INDY lanes where bonus could be set as 0
- Fixed bug in Loops where shot value could result in 0

Will be doing some live videos of it soon on instagram , follow me @mypinballs

https://www.instagram.com/mypinballs/

4 weeks later
#192 7 months ago

Things have been a little hectic recently due to various things, but the Indy project continues to move forward

Another update was released a few weeks back after some user feedback and some things that were spotted during the instagram live streaming

v0.5.2 Update
- Fixed a problem with ball eject after Streets of Cairo completed via mode start shot
- Fixed a problem with ball eject after Get the Idol completed
- Fixed a bug with modes ending as soon as started on starting the second mode in a ball onwards
- Improved Streets of Cairo Lamp effects
- Improved Streets of Cairo completion animations interactions

Now, i'm working on v0.6.0 which will have the first pass of the skillshot mode included. Here's a screenshot from dev. The graphic is one that @epthegeek created for me awhile back when doing the colouring of the dmd dots, before the stern indy project was started.

Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 22.47.17 1 (resized).png

Also working on the ark eject control additions to the main multiball and trying to decide whether to alter the main trough count to hold 5 balls as standard at the same time. This would give other multi balls and stacking more options, Plus an ark reload would be shorter.

#193 7 months ago

Keep up the great work! This is a really cool project! It gets better with each update.

4 weeks later
#194 6 months ago

There will be a Stern Indy running Jims custom Software at the Ohio Pinball show tonight,Friday and Saturday. Come check it out.

#195 6 months ago

Wow that's excellent I am sure everyone will enjoy it!!
I hope one makes it's way to the Allentown show in May.

Quoted from klinde1:

There will be a Stern Indy running Jims custom Software at the Ohio Pinball show tonight,Friday and Saturday. Come check it out.

#196 6 months ago

Having owned this and a Metallica for an extended period of time, I can honestly say I enjoy this game and it is similar in approach to Metallica, where you have to make X number of shots to each item to complete that mode. I've been flamed for making this statement, but boil it down, the captive ball on Met takes what, 200 hits to complete? The approach imo is similar to progress.

This is a very hard game like Metallica, but I always enjoy playing IJ for what it is. It's nice to see some new life being brought to it, will this be a code that anyone can use?

I had asked Borg why the code was not polished and he basically said their hands were tied and were not allowed to use much from the 4th film and everything needed constant approval.

Stern IJ is hated and underrated imho, I will own another someday for the long haul, I think it's a lot of fun.

Can anyone confirm if ''Final Adventure'' is in the stern code? I came close but no cigar..

#197 6 months ago

Jims software is like the Williams indiana Jones in a Stern Indiana Jones. It also adds some elements from IJ4. Read about it earlier in the thread. Its not a drop in, it requires a p-roc and computer but oh the possibilities! Great stuff.

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Having owned this and a Metallica for an extended period of time, I can honestly say I enjoy this game and it is similar in approach to Metallica, where you have to make X number of shots to each item to complete that mode. I've been flamed for making this statement, but boil it down, the captive ball on Met takes what, 200 hits to complete? The approach imo is similar to progress.
This is a very hard game like Metallica, but I always enjoy playing IJ for what it is. It's nice to see some new life being brought to it, will this be a code that anyone can use?
I had asked Borg why the code was not polished and he basically said their hands were tied and were not allowed to use much from the 4th film and everything needed constant approval.
Stern IJ is hated and underrated imho, I will own another someday for the long haul, I think it's a lot of fun.
Can anyone confirm if ''Final Adventure'' is in the stern code? I came close but no cigar..

#198 6 months ago
Quoted from klinde1:

Thanks @klinde

If you see the game and enjoy playing it then let me know here on the thread, plus if you want to upgrade your own stern indy get in touch.

#199 6 months ago

Indy was at the Ohio show this weekend and received pretty much constant play for the three days it was at the show. We had a lot of surprised players when they realized that there was something different about this Stern Indy . We received much positive feedback and many looking forward to it's next appearance at a show as they are excited to see and play the rewrite software as it evolves over time. We had more than a couple of people say that Indy made the show for them and it was their favorite game.

indy 002 (resized).JPG

indy 004 (resized).JPG

indy 003 (resized).JPG

#200 6 months ago

That is great news. Hoping i can find an ij4. Before it gets too popular

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Toppers
liorillusion
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Double Danger Pinball
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinbology
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1,089.00
$ 92.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 16.95
$ 224.99
There are 220 posts in topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.