By applejuice

2 years ago

Stats

• 232 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 weeks ago by applejuice
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 141 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 14.50.43 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 12.05.18 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 12.05.35 (resized).png
IMG_8948 (resized).JPG
IMG_6626 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 18.46.35 (resized).png
20170401_162816 (resized).jpg
indy 003 (resized).JPG
indy 004 (resized).JPG
indy 002 (resized).JPG
Screen Shot 2017-02-08 at 22.47.17 1 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-11-14 at 17.55.15 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-11-15 at 14.32.48 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 11.47.32 1 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 11.48.11 (resized).png
Screen Shot 2016-10-29 at 11.46.50 (resized).png

There are 232 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 2 years ago

Just wanted to update folk on progress etc. So i spent a few hours taking some videos a few days ago of all the latest additions and changes, but then whilst playing i noticed a load of things that needed fixing and improving, so working now through those before reshooting some new vids. I find the best way to get things working nicely is just to play normally with the glass on, or get to a certain point in the game using your fingers then play test it normally from there on. Takes a little longer, but works the best way, as finger triggering switches doesn't allow for complex ball movement.

The introduction of a special mode startable from the hof mystery award has caused a few challenges and thoughts about what to do when a regular mode is already running to. I have pauseable mode functionality, but not yet implemented on all modes, so need to enhance this. Also the raven bar video mode end screens needed fixing, and the quick multiball needs 'managing' on certain modes better, as it likes to take over!

Have updated the github area with the latest code to, including the 2 new homage modes

#102 2 years ago

Just fixed a few really niggly bugs in the raven bar video mode including a disappearing background and the choreography for the scene end. I also added a little more speech to it as well, such as 'oh sh$t' when you die !!

#103 2 years ago

Been working on tweaking the temple of doom modes recently along with continuing with my bugs list work through. Monkey brains and Rope Bridge only needed a few tweaks so far. Mine cart is good. Steal the stones needed a lot of work. About to play test the first update to this later. I have implemented new rules using the main ramp hold mech and the jones targets.

What you have to do it shoot the right ramp to start. This then randomly selects a number of jones targets to put out. Once you complete this you shoot the right ramp again to light another set (increasing in number each time). Mode is time limited. Default is 30 secs.

#104 2 years ago

Nice!

#105 2 years ago

When this mod is available to purchase, will you contact me? Count me in for this one. I was thinking of selling my Stern IJ. No way now. Thanks!!!

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

When this mod is available to purchase, will you contact me? Count me in for this one. I was thinking of selling my Stern IJ. No way now. Thanks!!!

PM sent

#107 2 years ago

Temple of doom modes all playing nicely now, after a little fine tuning from the latest updates. Also improved some of the mode pausing for use in steal the stones.

Now looking at the last crusade modes. Castle Brunwald is working well, needed a few tweaks to stop the temple quick multiball interfering. Tank chase has been updated to use flashing arrow shots as per the other modes and choose wisely is good, so that just leaves The 3 challenges to sort. This one is another ''path' based mode, so i will need to make some big updates here. Stay tuned

One other thing, and this may be of use for other regular Stern Indy owners. I started to have issues with the auto launch power and success for ball launches making it to the top of the ramp, and then the usual issues with 2 or 3 balls stuck in the shooter lane. I managed to get hold of an official stern update kit for indy, which included a new shooter barrel spring and a shorter auto launch plunger. Fitting these 2 parts solved my issues 100% and now the auto launch is really strong and fast Worth trying if you have these issues yourself.

Still think though that the design of the game should have had a 1 way gate and escape feed to playfield on the launch ramp. Maybe this could be a future game mod, which could get some extra code if installed.

#108 2 years ago

I will be starting to work on the 3 remaining modes for the crystal skull after working through the changes needed for the 3 challenges mode. This is only one left that needs major tweaks from the original mode sets.

For the crystal skull i have a few ideas for rule logic. I fancy having another 2 ball quick multiball utilising the lock on the ramp, then releasing it along with another from the trough. I also fancy adding some with combos as progression or 2 shots in sequence, and one where you alternate between a set of left & right shots.

Having a total of 18 modes (2 hidden extras) plus the multiball & quick multiball rounds should keep everyone pretty busy

#109 2 years ago

Curious, will you use the existing crystal skull DMD graphics and/or add new ones? It would be great to see more of the final movie content added.

Quoted from applejuice:

I will be starting to work on the 3 remaining modes for the crystal skull after working through the changes needed for the 3 challenges mode. This is only one left that needs major tweaks from the original mode sets.
For the crystal skull i have a few ideas for rule logic. I fancy having another 2 ball quick multiball utilising the lock on the ramp, then releasing it along with another from the trough. I also fancy adding some with combos as progression or 2 shots in sequence, and one where you alternate between a set of left & right shots.
Having a total of 18 modes (2 hidden extras) plus the multiball & quick multiball rounds should keep everyone pretty busy

#110 2 years ago

Ok, so the 3 challenges mode is now roughed in with the changes. The mode now works as follows:

Shoot right ramp to begin. A random arrow shot is lit. Shoot this to complete the first challenge, but do it quickly otherwise it will move to another position.

Shoot right ramp again to start challenge 2. This time 2 random arrow shots are lit. Shoot both to complete the second challenge. Again if you don't do it quickly enough they will move.

Shoot right ramp again to start challenge 3. This time 3 random arrow shots are lit. Shoot all 3 to complete the third challenge and end the mode. Again if you don't do it quickly enough they will move.

Mode is timed, 30 seconds and is paused whenever you shoot the right ramp to being a challenge.

Will be testing this later, when i want a break from squawk & talk sound board assembly

3 weeks later
#111 1 year ago

New video of some game play form the latest additions. v0.2.2

» YouTube video

I managed to get some of the newer modes started like the 3 challenges in one of the games. Also shows some new additions for volume control at the start, the addition of the led flash lamp control basics, the addition of more lamp shows for things like going into the mode start, ball launch and ball end etc. Think there is a crash at the end with the frankenstein mystery mode which i need to look at but the vid is 18 mins long with plenty of good footage.

also a pic of the volume control additions from testing on my dev laptop

Screen_Shot_2015-12-15_at_18.05.29_(resized).png

1 week later
#112 1 year ago

Quick Update: Fixed the small bug with the frankenstein millions hidden mode starting from hot shown int he last vid at the end today. Also tweaked the bonus frame during this mode when shooting the mode start scoop to score 2.5 mil and display 'Monster Bonus'.

Added another nice setting adjustment to for quick multiball (totem multiball). Titled 'Totem Hidden Music' as shown in the screen shot, turing this on changes the music to the Fish Tales multiball music when you get 4 jackpots and are going for the Fish of Tayles Treasure A nice little extra. Of course you can disable this if you want it stock.

Screen_Shot_2016-01-03_at_20.47.45_(resized).png

2 months later
#113 1 year ago

Quick Update: Been really busy with board assembly recently (see my other threads :)) so progress has been slower, though i have now just added full operation of Mr Swordsman in to the streets of cairo mode, so he opens and closes for this and flashes as shots are achieved. Wanted to try and include him a bit more into relevant modes.

Also, added a shaker motor to my game and added the control and settings for this. At the mo, there are little rumbles for the ark shot and bigger ones for a jackpot achieved.

Also, spent quite awhile improving the launch of the ball from the trough and shooter lane, which included some code changes and also installing a stern service upgrade kit. There is a kit for this game with improved plunger lengths etc to make the device stronger. Worth making sure you have this installed. My launch is now super strong every time

#114 1 year ago

Great work!

1 week later
#115 1 year ago

Having a look at my 'to do' list

working on modifying the switch test mode for a better representation on stern games. The matrix here is 16x4 , not 9x8 like on wpc. Also looking at some mode pausing functionality updates later to. I have the ability to pause a mode when the ball moves away from the flippers or the target involved, but need to add rules for pausing a mode when a higher priority event starts such as multiball. That way a running mode isn't timed out when you get back after a multiball etc. Also need to fix dog fight as the animations aren't playing right at the mo. They are hidden below other events

Screen_Shot_2016-03-21_at_16.44.01_(resized).png

#116 1 year ago

Good job. We are ready to test it out!

1 month later
#117 1 year ago

Got some time this weekend so working on fixing a few things and adding a little nod to my new game purchase (ghostbusters pro)

Loopin' Jackpots!

Here's a few screen shots of development. The rule is hit the ark a certain number of times during a game to activate. (default to 50) then a timed mode starts where you get 10 million + per each ramp shot, so 10 mil, 20 mil, 30 mil, 40 mil etc etc All other modes are stopped/paused whilst this round occurs.

Screen_Shot_2016-05-07_at_22.29.24_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-05-07_at_22.29.27_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-05-07_at_22.29.28_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-05-07_at_22.29.33_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-05-07_at_22.29.38_1_(resized).png
Screen_Shot_2016-05-07_at_22.29.38_2_(resized).png

#118 1 year ago

Nice!

#119 1 year ago

Fixed some more bugs last night and adjusted how the totem multiball interacts with other modes. I had to go back to pinmame to check something on the WMS indy game in terms of how the quick multiball (qualify and run) is handled if a mode is already running.

Things get complex real quick when working out all the possible scenarios and which modes should be a higher priority than others, which should block events and which should stack.

This brings me on to my next point, i'm now looking for people to help me test the game code and how it plays, find bugs, things to improve etc. If you want to help then please get in touch. You will need to purchase hardware to assist, mainly a p-roc board and computer hardware. You can choose to use the regular DMD or add an LCD to get the updated colour graphics work that we have also done (not the same as the colordmd work)

Cheers

#120 1 year ago

Software code repro updated with my latest code - v0.3.0

Find it here: https://github.com/mypinballs/sternindianajones

Update Notes are:

v0.3.0 Update
- Added Swordman Mechanism control
- Added Loopin Jackpots mode
- Added a missing jet (top) into the jet modes scoring logic
- Added shaker control and adjustments
- Added seperate monster modes bonus screen
- Added Fish Tales music option for fish treasure to settings and totem mode
- Added new transition to totem multiball start and Quick Multiball graphic
- Improved Swordsman interaction to Street of Cairo mode
- Improved service mode and settings display and control
- Improved Mode pausing during Multiball
- Improved Multiball interaction with other modes
- Improved Dog Fight display, was being hidden behind lock animations
- Improved Mode start score defaults, some modes were scoring 0 if no shots were made
- Fixed a problem with the shoot again animation displaying at ball start
- Fixed a problem with the 2x scoring flasher not being cancelled at ball drain after totem multiball was enabled
- Fixed a problem with Frankenstein Millions and bonus music playing correctly after a center ball drain
- Lots of bug fixes

#121 1 year ago

Here's how the new hardware looks and what you need to install if you want to upgrade your old stern indy. P-ROC board is top right. Available from pinballcontrollers.com The computer i use to run the system is a Shuttle DS61/DS81. The amps are lepai ones and the mount plates are custom laser cut from designs kindly made by other users.

IMG_5807_(resized).JPG
IMG_5810_(resized).JPG

#122 1 year ago

Working on a few more add ons to the code.

- Added a rule to allow Get The Idol to award locks if the temple is shot during the mode for completion. Enable/Disable settings added
- Added lots of new speech from the IJ4 resource
- Added attract mode speech from flipper presses
- Added some new speech to mine cart mode
- Started work on bringing the 8 ball mech into the code base. The idea is the regular multiball will have an option to be qualified for 8 instead of 3 by completing a series of JONES bank targets during regular game play. If completed before 3 regular locks are made, the multiball will be 8 instead of 3. Kind of like apollo 13's blast off rules. I may also add a rule to pass and just get 3 still maybe.
- Tweaks to the mode pausing on three challenges when the main ramp is shot and the ball is held. Currently the timer is running down a little too much whilst the mode sets up your required shots.
- Spinners, what to do with them? How to add into loop mode already there?

#123 1 year ago

It all sounds real nice! I don't own an IJ though, so I can't test-play for you.

#124 1 year ago
Quoted from sven:

It all sounds real nice! I don't own an IJ though, so I can't test-play for you.

Buy one

#125 1 year ago

v0.3.2 Update
- Added Jones mode
- Added Attract mode sounds and speech on flipper presses
- Added lamps to Castle Brunwald mode
- Added speech to Mine Cart mode
- Added points for starting a mode. Modes will no longer end with 0 points if no shots made
- Improved interaction with Get The Idol mode with multiball mode and shared targets
- Get The Idol mode can now award locks if enabled and mode completed
- Improved Jones Vs Aliens with multiball mode and shared targets
- Improved Steel the Stones mode with Jones mode
- Improved 3 challenges mode with multiball mode Jones mode
- POA no longer shows continue adventure timer if mode running
- Fixed match, number comparison was not working correctly
- Fixed crash in werewolf mode on eject

#126 1 year ago

Put together a quick feature list of the game features so far: (Also added as a pdf file for download)

• Pop Bumper Raiders fight scene with Super Jets
• Indy targets friends collection & bonus multiplier
• Jones targets qualify for 8 ball main multiball
• Plane Chase via main ramp
• Hand of Fate mystery mode
• Totem quick multiball at captive ball (2 ball with add a ball)
• MAP letters build totem jackpot
• Path of Adventure mode
• Main multiball locks via temple mech - virtual locks
• Main multiball 3 ball with 4 film jackpots & super jackpot - 3 ball
• Get The Idol film scene mode
• Street of Cairo film scene mode with swordsman mech interaction
• Well of Souls film scene mode - 4 ball multiball
Raven Bar film scene video mode
• Monkey Brains film scene mode
• Steel The Stones film scene mode
• Mine Cart film scene video mode
• Rope Bridge film scene mode
• Castle Brunwald film scene mode
• The 3 Challenges film scene mode
• Tank Chase film scene mode
• Choose Wisely film scene video mode
• Jones vs Aliens scene mode
• Secret werewolf attack video mode
• Secret Frankenstein Millions mode
• Full Colour screen graphics and fonts
• Stackable main multiball when quick multiball running
• Add a ball in quick multiball via mode start shot
• Game pause
• High Score table with separate Adventure and Treasure collection champion scores
• Additional Settings/Mode adjustment/Refinements
• Moonlight madness
• Raiders Warehouse Match feature
• Service mode
• Equaliser Graphical Volume adjust

indiana_jones_rewrite_feature_list.pdf

#127 1 year ago

That is a hefty feature set!!! Do you have all of the movie modes from the Stern game and Williams game in this update? Or is that the plan eventually? It looks like everything from the Williams game and the newly created modes are present. Wow this will be like 2 games in one!!

#128 1 year ago

Wow that looks great.
But why not make your one game/playfield design also.
Build 4 a10k and have your one for free.

#129 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

But why not make your one game/playfield design also.
Build 4 a10k and have your one for free.

Of course. Because building, wiring, and doing nice art for an original playfield is SOOOOOO easy.

1 week later
#130 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

That is a hefty feature set!!! Do you have all of the movie modes from the Stern game and Williams game in this update? Or is that the plan eventually? It looks like everything from the Williams game and the newly created modes are present. Wow this will be like 2 games in one!!

I have all the original modes as this is a port over of the original game foremost, plus there are lots of other modes and hidden features in there to as detailed. Jones vs Aliens which is my own creation based on afm and what eric did on ccc is the first mode in the 4th film set so far.

#131 1 year ago

Working on a couple of add ons as requested recently. P A R T Y !

Screen_Shot_2016-05-28_at_23.08.10_(resized).png

#132 1 year ago

Wow, my pkg isn't even here and installed yet and there's more coming! Super excited to try this out.

#133 1 year ago

Trying out some new features

IMG_5995_(resized).JPG

#134 1 year ago

I think this may come in handy to

IMG_5993_(resized).JPG
IMG_5996_(resized).JPG

#135 1 year ago

Looking pretty sweet. So I understand this correctly, the only way this new code would be playable is to switch to all the afore mentioned hardware you are using in this machine?

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from Switch:

Looking pretty sweet. So I understand this correctly, the only way this new code would be playable is to switch to all the afore mentioned hardware you are using in this machine?

Yes. The lcd screen upgrade is optional as it'll run with a regular dmd but the rest is needed. The Sam CPU board is removed.

#137 1 year ago

Making an update to my lcd panel mounts. Custom machined from 5mm ply

Screen_Shot_2016-06-05_at_22.29.38_(resized).png

#138 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yes. The lcd screen upgrade is optional as it'll run with a regular dmd but the rest is needed. The Sam CPU board is removed.

It seems almost insane with new rules / pic to want monochrome though. When was the last time you asked to buy a black and white tv to save a buck. Then all that work and effort that you are inches from using.......sorry was watching vids and getting more more excited to test?
I will go back to my corner ?

#139 1 year ago

Incredible work, just wow!

#141 1 year ago

Hardware build pic progress

IMG_5977_(resized).JPG

IMG_6028_(resized).JPG

IMG_5979_(resized).JPG

IMG_6027_(resized).JPG

IMG_6025_(resized).JPG

IMG_6019_(resized).JPG

#142 1 year ago

Hell yeah! Proc is on hand waiting for part 2!

1 week later
#143 1 year ago

Mind. Blown.

#144 1 year ago

IMG_6116_(resized).JPG

IMG_6096_(resized).JPG

IMG_6097_(resized).JPG

IMG_6079_(resized).jpg

#145 1 year ago

Dang.......getting super excited now! Thank you very much for doing this!

2 weeks later
#146 1 year ago

Quick list of random sounds/speech from flipper presses during attract

Indy - "Bellak"
Indy - "Bellaks staff is too long"
Indy - "He was good, he was very good"
Indy - "Don't look Marrion, keep your eyes shut"
Indy - "I'm going to blow up the Ark Rene"
Indy - "I ought to kill you right now"
Indy - "I can only say i'm sorry so many times"
Indy - "I'm making this up as i go"
Indy - "Fortune and Glory Kid, Fortune and Glory"
Shorty - "Ha ha, Very Funny"
Other - "Welcome to Pamcot Palace"
Other - "You look Lost"
Other - "You know perfectly well the kugi cult has been dead for nearly a century"
Chuck - "Show a little backbone will ya"
Monkey Brains - "burp"

More to come to..

#147 1 year ago

The custom machined plywood LCD mount panels arrived today Was going to spray them black, but not sure now as they look awesome! Lazer cut

IMG_6194_(resized).JPG

IMG_6195_(resized).JPG

IMG_6193_(resized).jpg

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Quick list of random sounds/speech from flipper presses during attract
Indy - "Bellak"
Indy - "Bellaks staff is too long"
Indy - "He was good, he was very good"
Indy - "Don't look Marrion, keep your eyes shut"
Indy - "I'm going to blow up the Ark Rene"
Indy - "I ought to kill you right now"
Indy - "I can only say i'm sorry so many times"
Indy - "I'm making this up as i go"
Indy - "Fortune and Glory Kid, Fortune and Glory"
Shorty - "Ha ha, Very Funny"
Other - "Welcome to Pamcot Palace"
Other - "You look Lost"
Chuck - "Show a little backbone will ya"
Monkey Brains - "burp"
More to come to..

Love the callouts! But the pilot in Raiders is named "Jock", right?

I bring this up only because I was recounting the Raiders plot to my five year old yesterday (he's too young to watch but enjoys the soundtrack and wants to know what's happening in the movie during each track) and I was telling him about Jock's pet snake - hope I was right!

#149 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Love the callouts! But the pilot in Raiders is named "Jock", right?
I bring this up only because I was recounting the Raiders plot to my five year old yesterday (he's too young to watch but enjoys the soundtrack and wants to know what's happening in the movie during each track) and I was telling him about Jock's pet snake - hope I was right!

Pretty sure it was Chuck.

#150 1 year ago

This is looking great! I'll make sure to follow this project. The more I look at this the more I'm excited to be majoring in Computer Science (programming)!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Toppers
liorillusion
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 1.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 39.00
Lighting - Led
Pin Mods
$ 160.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
$ 45.00
Apparel - Unisex
Double Danger Pinball
$ 10.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 232 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside