By applejuice

1 year ago

Stats

• Started 1 year ago
  • 193 posts
  • 44 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 weeks ago by plinde1

Find posts in this topic

Find posts in this topic match certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Topic Gallery

Uploaded by applejuice
Uploaded by applejuice
Uploaded by applejuice
Uploaded by applejuice
Uploaded by applejuice
Uploaded by applejuice
Uploaded by applejuice
Uploaded by applejuice
Uploaded by applejuice
Uploaded by applejuice

Games linked to topic

Link this topic to the game(s) discussed in it.

There are 193 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 1 year ago

If you can all provide feedback on what is needed to make this pin better please let me know? We mod any game. I can do everything but the coding. (Applejuice is on the code apparently).

For example, we made this 'Cross of Coronado' interactive LED topper a few months ago.

-Dan

IMG_3982.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_4169.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

#52 1 year ago

Off the top of my head.

Somehow make the map room a shot and not a captive ball bouncing around

Maybe have the magnet freeze ball for a quick video mode

The left scoop I hate how the ball falls into it from the left. Maybe redesign left scoop with a left edge so ball travels down to left. Not sure enough clearance for this

I'm sure there are better ideas out there

#53 1 year ago

billsfanmd, We totally agree with you. We plan to install a drop ramp in the space where the map room shot is located. It will either wrap around the Ark or in front. The new ramp will become the map room shot.

I also hate the left scoop area. and how ball always falls in it. Yes we plan to fix this area so the ball doesn't fall into it from the left.

#54 1 year ago

Update: The sam p-roc mount plates arrived today. I ended up ordering 15 as was cheaper than buying 1 (can you believe that!!) So anyway i have a few spares if other people this side of the atlantic need one

Installing the p-roc board into the game grows closer

IMG_4373.jpg

#55 1 year ago

image.jpg

P-roc board removed off wpc-95 plate and installed on sam one

#56 1 year ago

New set of plastics arrived today, so can sort out the mystery lamp and plastic issues

IMG_4375.JPG

#57 1 year ago

Wondering if you are going to be making this available as a kit in the future, like CCC?

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Wondering if you are going to be making this available as a kit in the future, like CCC?

Yes I would like to, along with all my other rewrites, though it is 1 step at a time.

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

volkdrive said:
Yes I would like to, along with all my other rewrites, though it is 1 step at a time.

Excellent

#60 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I am in the process of adding a second ramp (and to make it looks like a bridge). And we might have the ramp catch the balls when they fall out of the Ark. More to follow.
Applejuice, we are stoked you are doing this. I love the look of this pin, but hate the code.
-Dan

2ndramp.jpg

Would love to see pics of this Dan when you're ready.

#61 1 year ago

Update: New plastic installed on the grail cup along with lamp and wiring. Quite a tricky plastic to change when broken!

IMG_4381.jpg

#62 1 year ago

Update: The port over has begun! P-roc board installed and i spent about 5 hours today working through a ton of bugs and issues to get a game playing. Eventually we got there and i was able to play a basic game and start some modes etc. Still crashing all over the place but its a start. I'm going to drink beers now, i've had enough of code for today.

» YouTube video

I will need to install the computer system and lcd (for colour graphics) later once the code is more stable. Currently i'm just running off my laptop via the long usb lead.

#63 1 year ago

Very cool. I always wondered what the Stern game would be like with the Williams IJ software. Boy you can really rip through those modes!

#64 1 year ago

Update: I've been working through the code files and amending to get the game playing better. I've got the lock working on the temple scoop and the multiball to work. Had to alter some things to remove the idol mechanism and record locks as virtual. Still need to adjust some timings for the ball kick out after locks, but the multiball is working and you can score jackpots via the main ramp. I'll try and shoot a quick video of this.

I also have the quick multiball totem feature working via the captive ball area and the add a ball. I added the map letters into this mode so that they build the jackpot value for the treasure. Wondering what to do with the map eject hole? Currently i've just got it to eject as normal, but maybe there's more depth that can be added here. This is also relevant for the castle brunwald mode.

Most of the modes are playable as a basic start and go, but not hooked properly to features or switches yet. The video ones are working though

Finally i will be demoing progress to date of this project and other things at my Hacking Lab at the upcoming Play Expo show in Manchester 10th -11th October. More info here: http://ukpinball.com and http://playexpo.net

#65 1 year ago

Update: Github repository now created for this project, forking off from the current position of the WMS code and then altering as required.

The url is https://github.com/mypinballs/sternindianajones

#66 1 year ago

Update: new video. Some good points to look at are 4.10 in for Well of Souls and 7.20 in for locks and Multiball. The temple lock is working well now. I have it set for 3 hits to lite lock then repeat etc. All adjustable via settings. Adjusted a few things for the plane chase on the main ramp. Seems that some checking of repeated switch closures is needed more on this game as the ramp switches are smacked back and forth pretty good from a ramp shot. The jackpot on multiball is now working to though still more to do. Also from running off my laptop (with loads of other stuff loaded) seems a bit of a delay between balls. Will be installing the main computer and lcd screen soon though so things should be faster then.

» YouTube video

Current p-roc board install looks like this:

IMG_4388.JPG

#67 1 year ago

Jim this is very impressive! Great progress! You certainly know your video modes too!

Are you using the DMD now and are changing over to the LCD correct? Those color animations are going to look cool on this game.
Are you going to omit the path of adventure or is that the rope bridge? I imagine so ...

Clever use of the virtual locks in place of the temple locks.

Do you have the 8 ball multiball working in some mode or are you going to create an ARK mode?

#68 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Jim this is very impressive! Great progress! You certainly know your video modes too!
Are you using the DMD now and are changing over to the LCD correct? Those color animations are going to look cool on this game.
Are you going to omit the path of adventure or is that the rope bridge? I imagine so ...
Clever use of the virtual locks in place of the temple locks.
Do you have the 8 ball multiball working in some mode or are you going to create an ARK mode?

Yes will be installing the standalone computer and LCD screen soon, just using the dmd temporally whilst i have my laptop plugged in as i find it quicker to debug things. I can't wait to get the colour going though

I am thinking about how to add path of adventure. I have the adventure targets mapped to the old german targets up near the ark currently. I am thinking about starting it in the usual way via a right ramp shot, then lighting up certain shots or combos to complete for each path.

The ark (4 ball add in) I will be working into the main multiball as and extra challenge to go for. i.e you start with the normal 3 then can add the ark lot in if you complete a certain set of shots which maybe increases the jackpots whilst there's more than 3 balls going. Just ideas at the moment. Kind of like a modification to the x2 x3 jackpot options in the original IJ game. Well of Souls i think i will keep at 4 max for now. I may add some other ways to get a full 8 going to later for wizard mode etc

I also have some ideas for a 2 ball multiball via the ramp lock, but that most likely will be added later after play expo.

The map area and captive balls i have nicely worked into totem/treasure quick mulitball modes. I didn't get a proper video of this yet (will try again later). Still wondering about what to do with the map eject shot, as mentioned above. Maybe use in castle brunwald to

After playing this with the basics working now, i can't believe how much better it feels I'm loving it!! though i am a little bit biased!

#69 1 year ago

Update: Some pics of the computer and lcd installation. Will hopefully be getting it powered up tomorrow. Need to wire in the power connection in the cab switch box. Also need to make a 12v power cable for the lcd. Speaker connector cable is made.

IMG_4399.jpgIMG_4401.jpgIMG_4400.JPGIMG_4402.jpg

#70 1 year ago

LCD screen and computer all setup now

IMG_4405.JPGIMG_4406.JPGIMG_4407.JPG

#71 1 year ago

New video with the lcd screen and computer system installed

» YouTube video

#72 1 year ago

Wow, extremely impressed! The timing works perfectly already. Wow what a fun project! Thanks for sharing.

#73 1 year ago

So cool Jim!

#74 1 year ago

Outstanding achievement.

#75 1 year ago

Just got to watch the video Jim, wow that is seriously Amazing. Such a cool idea!

#76 1 year ago

Pretty impressive, wondering if possible to add in some modes from IJ4 like ark multiball etc to build a hybrid of both games? Looks very good and if offered in kit form down the road I would be in....keep up the progress!

#77 1 year ago

such a cool project... my brain is still trying to digest seeing that machine play the WMS rules and audio.

#78 1 year ago

Just thinking about new ideas for the 4th film and the modes associated.

I have an idea for using a mode from ccc as a basis for a mode called 'Jones vs Aliens' This could be a tongue in cheek mode for the 4th film, or more of a randomly added secret into the hand of fate mystery awards. Need to chat with Eric to make sure he's ok with me borrowing the mode basics, but i think it could be awesome

#79 1 year ago

Have you found an alternate way to colorize existing assets besides dmdanimator?

#80 1 year ago

Have you found an alternate way to colorize existing assets besides dmdanimator?

Unfortunately not

#81 1 year ago

He uses the "make Eric do it" method.

#82 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Need to chat with Eric to make sure he's ok with me borrowing the mode basics, but i think it could be awesome

Butofcourse!

#83 1 year ago

The Temple of Doom captive ball that rises up need a movie prop sitting on it like a Temple or an airplane????

#84 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

He uses the "make Eric do it" method.

Ah yes, that's the best way to get them done

2 weeks later
#85 1 year ago

Back from recent shows here in uk, where i was demoing the stern indy game. Was great seeing peoples reaction and faces. Got some really great comments

Have some time today to work on my AFM homage mode 'Jones vs Aliens'. Will post another update later if i get the mode running. Currently going through the afm speech calls! One that is pretty apt for today is 'hey, look, your shoes untied!' !!

#86 1 year ago

Got the basic of the 'Jones vs Aliens' mode running how i want it, hopefully will post a video tomorrow if time. The mode is more of an afm homage than anything, i've just borrowed some of the afm specific dmd animations eric did from his cvs mode, so i don't have to rework them. The rules currently are:

- hit ark to defeat ship forcefield then destroy ship
- left and right loop shots advance ship value
- jones targets complete to light smart bombs (and possibly extend time)
- mode is timed, so total is sum of all ships destroyed within the time.

The speech and sound effects for the mode are all afm calls. the mode music is the main afm play.

I am currently working out a way to pause the adventure letter spotting during this mode. I will also be adding some different sounds to inland,outline and mode start scoop for during this mode to enhance the afm feel of it.

#87 1 year ago

I want to see this. My IJ is moving along too.

#88 1 year ago

Ok, here's a quick video of the mode so far.

» YouTube video

I didn't manage to get a smart bomb lit or use it in the vid, but hopefully it gives a flavour. Need to add some animation to the main ship and some other sized explosion sprites, but all working pretty nicely so far. Note that its accessed from the mode start shot when the first green mode lamp (1) on the main panel is selected (flashing)

#89 1 year ago

That looks amazing!

#90 1 year ago

making a few updates to the afm ship graphics. Thought it would be cool to add some strobing red lights to them so instead of a fixed graphic you get the sense the ship is spinning etc

Screen Shot 2015-10-23 at 10.47.20.png

#91 1 year ago

I have to say, this last AFM addition is actually my favorite part of the entire project, its just plain awesome that you did this and it makes it so so cool to have the ship and the voicing of the aliens coming through. I love this- absolutely brilliant.

You hit on something really cool, you could plant a ton of "easter eggs" in the game, opening up brief modes that work with the play field you have, thinking more about this if you had access to animations and sounds from some of the best games... wow- its nearly limitless- throw in a little MM here, a bit of that there...

Great work!

#92 1 year ago

Awesome! I just hope I can get this into my game

#93 1 year ago

@applejuice, this Jones vs Aliens mode would be perfect for Williams IJ too, hitting Idol switches and destroying the saucer by shooting the lock.
Will this code run on IJ machine too.

#94 1 year ago
Quoted from ALY:

@applejuice, this Jones vs Aliens mode would be perfect for Williams IJ too, hitting Idol switches and destroying the saucer by shooting the lock.
Will this code run on IJ machine too.

Yes, my Indy rewrite project as a whole is about making the code run on both games, with appropriate changes, so the Jones vs Aliens mode will be back ported into my WMS rewrite. Both games will feature the same set of rules, though as you suggest some of the switches on certain things will need to be adjusted.

#95 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

That looks amazing!

Thanks. Made a few more updates to the mode graphics wise and happy with how it playing now. All animations have green saucer dome tops and red spinning lamps now. The smart bomb idea is really cool to and uses the Jones targets well. Eric has kindly offered his help again for colouring some extra graphics to announce 'smart bomb ready' to.

Looking forward to seeing how your Indy project is going, have you got a thread on it? I hope you do decide to re-assemble it all yourself! The reward once it's done will be so much better

#96 1 year ago

Working through some updates to the standard 12 modes to fine tune for the stern playfield. Currently looking at the 4 from raiders. Tweaked a fair amount of stuff and updated how the temple works during get the idol and well of souls. Was allowing ball locks which was a bit confusing, so now the ball passes through during these modes without locking a ball. Also there was a bug with the raven bar mode where the ball would get kicked out the instant the mode ended, this had been fixed.

#97 1 year ago

Some more update news:

Added a couple of new settings. First one is in the sound settings and is titled 'Extended Speech'. This setting is going to enable a load of other speech calls and some longer ones than in the original williams game. This was mentioned before on the WMS indy thread.

Second is a new setting called 'Monster Extras'. This setting is going to turn on or off my extra mode homages for all scary monster stuff like the hidden extra dracula video mode and a new one i was inspired to add in last night - Frankenstein Millions (from the sega frankenstein game)

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 12.15.24.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-05 at 12.14.49.png

Here's a graphic i'm working on for said frankenstein millions. The mode will be added as a random option into the hand of fate listings if enabled and you hit the standup targets to spell frankenstein, like on the sega game for a timed period.

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 12.11.19.png

#98 1 year ago

Update: Some pics of the frankenstein millions mode added in to the hand of fate options. Will shoot a video of this hopefully soon. Played a game on it last night, sound great with all the bmst music and franky speech calls in there.

Screen Shot 2015-11-06 at 18.42.19.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-07 at 13.26.13.png

Also tested the first 4 regular mode updates (from the raiders film) and are all working well. Will hopefully shoot another video to show progress on these to soon. Lots more speech has been put in to for std stuff like outline drains etc

Last but not least, got some assistance from Gerry and we got some additions added into the p-roc frameworks to get the GI relay controllable on sam games, so now i can flash the playfield GI whenever, or turn on and off for different modes, features, goals etc Already added some fluttering for when the ship is hit on jones vs aliens. Will also turn it off for all video modes.

#99 1 year ago

Update: enough diversions and side tracks for homage modes for now :D. Back on tweaking the full 12 modes from the original game plus working out what to add for the other 3 crystal skull (green) modes. Suggestions welcome

Hoping to shoot some new videos of regular game play for folk to see all the latest updates. Its sometimes hard to show everything thats changed in 1 video, but i'll play a few games and see what we get

#100 1 year ago

Very cool project. Only noticed this topic just yet. I think it'll be great for IJ4 owners. Nice idea to get rules from one pinball to another.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Humble, TX
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethlehem, PA
Lighting - Other
Professor Pinball
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 269.99
€ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 47.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
There are 193 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.