Topic Stats

• 204 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by applejuice
  • Topic is favorited by 61 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 89 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

addtext_com_MTYxNTAzNzUwMDI.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 15.12.51.png
Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 15.12.08.png
Screen Shot 2015-05-24 at 15.47.46.png
Screen Shot 2015-05-23 at 12.08.59.png
Screen Shot 2015-05-22 at 11.55.18.png
minecartinfo1.png
minecart5.png
minecart info2.png
minecart2.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 19.52.19.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 16.29.03.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 15.34.32.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 15.34.08 1.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-10 at 15.27.18.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-11 at 12.18.55.png

There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I'll tell you what's right - bring back the original line from Temple of Doom. "I hate the water, and I hate being wet, and I hate YOU!" If you can't handle the tone, get a more family fun pin such as Flintstones, Bugs Bunny or Popeye. And here's another vote for the unfettered "Oh, Shit" callout. Oh, and I wouldn't mind seeing Willie in a wet t-shirt compliments of a squirrely elephant...on a color DMD. IJ is the greatest pin ever!

We'll put captain well put

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

I think there's also another callout that says "shoot them both" or similar. I'm not a great player so I don't get all of them often.
I'm in the group saying bring on the movie lines, full on and un censored. Although the honk to bleep out the end of shit is quite comical to me.
I don't think poor imabearsfan deserves all the negativity, though. He asked for the option to turn off some stuff. He's not asking him to cut it out permanently.

I'll tell you what's right - bring back the original line from Temple of Doom. "I hate the water, and I hate being wet, and I hate YOU!" If you can't handle the tone, get a more family fun pin such as Flintstones, Bugs Bunny or Popeye. And here's another vote for the unfettered "Oh, Shit" callout. Oh, and I wouldn't mind seeing Willie in a wet t-shirt compliments of a squirrely elephant...on a color DMD. IJ is the greatest pin ever!

To answer the questions about sound, I am personally in the camp of having all the speech uncensored from the film, but i also see other peoples points of view and like i mentioned before i like settings settings settings as it gives everyone the options to set it how they like. I'm thinking maybe i can add a sound setting with 3 options, something like family, original williams spec and uncensored. I'll have to get the blue rays out and extract some of the quotes amended by wms to get all the uncensored and uncut stuff, so it will be a thing to work on later. Please do continue to send suggestions on the speech samples front and i'll keep a list to work from.

#53 5 years ago

Another great piece of colourisation

Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 22.03.27.png

#54 5 years ago

I need to bring up the yellow a bit on the D and the R I think, now that I look at it. I'll fix that later.

Also: SO. MUCH. BROWN.

#55 5 years ago

Keep it coming, you are doing an amazing job so far. I need a reason to spend more $ on my IJ and I'm afraid colored dots are all I have left short of a HEP restore. Not sure I'm ready to part with it for that long (or that kind of dough!)

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from jwo825:

Keep it coming, you are doing an amazing job so far. I need a reason to spend more $ on my IJ and I'm afraid colored dots are all I have left short of a HEP restore. Not sure I'm ready to part with it for that long (or that kind of dough!)

I have an hep Indy. You would not regret it.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I have an hep Indy. You would not regret it.

Maybe when the mortgage is paid off!

#58 5 years ago

So, what kind of LCD panel and interface, will be required to run the color DMD code?

#59 5 years ago

Im Fn so stoked!!! ETA?

#60 5 years ago

I am in the middle of working on my IJ right now. This sounds really cool.

ETA?

1 week later
#61 5 years ago

Update: Been working on the modes I have left to complete recently (after getting back from the UK Pinball Party) namely Raven Bar Video Mode. These modes take awhile to get sorted as there's a lot of sprites to sort out. Here's some screens of progress so far. I think the regular modes are easier to code than these. I've been adding some small tweaks as i go to, like better text at the bottom, animated score for shooting bad guys etc. I only just realised each bad guy is worth 1Million!

Screen Shot 2014-09-05 at 15.35.39.pngScreen Shot 2014-09-05 at 14.40.20.png

#62 5 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

You know, this shit really sucks. I love CCC and I have read threads about rewrites of IJ, ES and now WW. I would love to setup computers in each of these and run the new code. But it seems I cant get the new code because Rick puts the squash on anyone giving it out because it Williams property. Well fuck Rick, buy the code from the people and sell it. Your getting to be as big a ass as Wayno was. Give a little. Im glad I at least got the CCC before the gustapo put the squeeze on it.

What I don't get, is why would anyone even give a shit about what software you run in your game. If anything, they should want software upgrades because it gets people to actually desire games more. more desire means they will spend the money to restore and keep it. Which means, more parts to buy from them. There never has been any money in the software. They dont' make dick on it anyway. So why would they give a shit? personally, I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by restricting custom software sharing. I think IJ sucks balls. But with a software reboot, it might be awesome enough for me to actually search for one. But if I can't get the code, it will still be on my low 50's list.

#63 5 years ago

I was with you until you said it sucked balls.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I was with you until you said it sucked balls.

Trust me, I wish it wasn't true. Love the theme, wanted to love the game so bad. Had one that looked HUO. Wanted so bad to like it, but the more I played it, the more I hated it. Disliked it back in 93/94 when it first came out, still dislike it. To many video modes, shitty mode start design, so much playfield taken up for useless shit, huge machine yet very small play area. Has some good ideas, just poorly executed.

#65 5 years ago

How about bringing back the original line "Mola Ram, prepare to meet Kali in Hell!"

#66 5 years ago

How about instead of the werewolf mode you add a Lao Che mode? It could be same POV as the mine cart but have Shortround driving the car through the streets of Shanghai with Lao Che and his goons in pursuit. Turn left down an alley, can't turn right because it's blocked by a fruit cart or rickshaw, etc. some good audio clips for that one. Plus a successful completion of the mode has Indy say "nice try Lao Che!".

Just a thought.

- Mike

#67 5 years ago

IJ is a great game ladies

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

How about bringing back the original line "Mola Ram, prepare to meet Kali in Hell!"

Quoted from applejuice:

To answer the questions about sound, I am personally in the camp of having all the speech uncensored from the film, but i also see other peoples points of view and like i mentioned before i like settings settings settings as it gives everyone the options to set it how they like. I'm thinking maybe i can add a sound setting with 3 options, something like family, original williams spec and uncensored. I'll have to get the blue rays out and extract some of the quotes amended by wms to get all the uncensored and uncut stuff, so it will be a thing to work on later. Please do continue to send suggestions on the speech samples front and i'll keep a list to work from.

#69 5 years ago

Keep up the good work juice

#70 5 years ago

When you release a licensed pinball there are certain requirements with the license holder, in this case Lucas (or Disney now). One of the requirements is that they get to review the final product and have final approval.

They don't wan't people modifying or distorting their brand, they are trying to protect their IP. It's very possible that Williams or Stern don't give a shit as you put it, but the license holder of the theme does.

Letting people write their own code will probably violate the license agreement. Look at WPC 2.0 which is exactly what you want. It's not planned to work in any licensed games.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

What I don't get, is why would anyone even give a shit about what software you run in your game. If anything, they should want software upgrades because it gets people to actually desire games more. more desire means they will spend the money to restore and keep it. Which means, more parts to buy from them. There never has been any money in the software. They dont' make dick on it anyway. So why would they give a shit? personally, I think they are shooting themselves in the foot by restricting custom software sharing. I think IJ sucks balls. But with a software reboot, it might be awesome enough for me to actually search for one. But if I can't get the code, it will still be on my low 50's list.

#71 5 years ago

once it yours and your modding your own, they can't say shit. It's like if you buy a car and hot rod it out and throw someone elses engine in it, they don't give a shit anymore. Even if you buy all those parts aftermarket. Nobody cares. It's yours, hot rod it out however you want.

#72 5 years ago

Example of the animated text for a bad guy shot
Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 23.18.26.png

Going to have a game setting to adjust the hits for medallion. 20 (as per the original) seems harsh. Here I was testing it at a low 2 hits!
Screen Shot 2014-09-06 at 23.16.34.png

#73 5 years ago

Nice job. I don't find the Raven Bar to be too difficult at 20 hits. You either start in a good rhythm and win or don't. I have about a 50% success rate. The grail is too simple, at least the first time around. The best I ever got on the mine cart was 22 tunnels. That one is the toughie for me. I have trouble seeing the graphic when it gets fast. Maybe highly contrasting colors would help.

#74 5 years ago

This software update looks excellent. I like the idea of different settings but I personally would go for the uncensored version. When you get this done, please put me down as a person who would really like a copy of this. Thanks for working on this applejuice.

QSS

#75 5 years ago

thats some nice work!

#76 5 years ago

An example of the settings now available for Raven Bar Mode.

'Raven Bar Level Start':
options: [1,4]
increments: 1
default: 1
'Raven Bar Lives':
options: [1,9]
default: 5
'Raven Bar Hits For Medallion':
options: [1,50]
default: 20
'Raven Bar Hits For Extra Ball':
options: [1,50]
default: 15
'Raven Bar Animate Scores For Hits':
options: ['Yes','No']
default: 'Yes'

Screen Shot 2014-09-07 at 21.44.24.png

#77 5 years ago

Shoot zem.... Shoot zem both. This is awesome!

#78 5 years ago

I always like the movie quote, “It's not the years honey, it's the mileage.”
That might be a good one to add, when you lose a ball, particularly if you loose it pretty quickly.

Also, “Well Jones, at least you haven’t forgotten how to show a lady a good time.”
Maybe if you get a high score, or hit everything in Eternal Life.

#79 5 years ago

How hard will it be to update this for people that are "computer challenged" such as myself? I would love to add these enhancements, but don't know the first thing about installing them.

#80 5 years ago

Thank you for doing this project. I am eagerly awaiting a release.

#81 5 years ago

can I have this now?......how about now? All quote ideas above I am in for as well as having the quotes to be made exactly like the movie...ala..in hell added and I hate being wet etc etc Uncensored all the way! Freedom of speech....
Man that 'Well Jones...at least you have not forgotten how to show a lady a good time quote' would be great for everytime the knocker goes..
Having Marion yell iiiiiinnnnddddyyyyyyyyy when trapped in the basket when the ball makes loops in certain modes would be funny as well.
If in stereo [I WISH] it could follow the ball left to right or right to left depending on the shot.
Maybe salla saying ....Oh ...asps very deadly....you go first! when you lock the last ball after it is served but before ball launch

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from swenny:

How hard will it be to update this for people that are "computer challenged" such as myself? I would love to add these enhancements, but don't know the first thing about installing them.

this isnt a rom swap. you would need to buy the required PROC boards and pc to drive them and get his code updates to run it and hook it all up.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from BloodyCactus:

this isnt a rom swap. you would need to buy the required PROC boards and pc to drive them and get his code updates to run it and hook it all up.

What would be a good estimate on cost? Ironically I am in the middle of restoring my IJ right now. My guess is the PC itself could be fairly low powered, right? We don't have to worry about any kind of high end vid card or any kind of large RAM or Hard Drive size. No idea what a PROC board is and what it costs

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from iamabearsfan:

What would be a good estimate on cost? Ironically I am in the middle of restoring my IJ right now. My guess is the PC itself could be fairly low powered, right? We don't have to worry about any kind of high end vid card or any kind of large RAM or Hard Drive size. No idea what a PROC board is and what it costs

If you are talking about doing the color screens, I would assume we're talking about the Raspberry Pi. You would also need the SmartDMD emulator board that sends the video output to a color LCD. There is a complete thread about that. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smartdmd-dmd-interface-with-colors-upscaling-network-and-more

#85 5 years ago

Let there be technicolour and gruesome head explosions

Screen Shot 2014-09-11 at 18.31.51.pngScreen Shot 2014-09-11 at 18.31.44.png

#86 5 years ago

Haha, that's pretty awesome.

#87 5 years ago

As a suggestion, if it has not already been suggested, when you hit each adventure target instead of just a gun shooting each time, if you had an "adventure related" call out from the movie, I think this would be very cool. The intermix of gun shots for targets could still be intermixed between these callouts possibly.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

I was hoping this post about the Stern one.

+1

#90 5 years ago

Update: Working through cleaning up the sprite data as i work with Eric and get more of the mode animations ready for colour. I wrote a nice way to join the raw sprite data format from the original rom data and get it into a format pyprocgame understand better. Previously i was joining the sprite data up 'on the fly' as the mode was loaded. This way is much better

Also, i added a pause function like on TZ that someone mentioned above i think. Will shoot new vids soon hopefully as time allows. I also have to get the lcd panel installed and hooked up etc, as currently i just have a regular dmd in there.

I'm taking my 2 p-roc projects to a big event here in the UK in a few weeks - play expo 11th -12th October (http://playexpo.net), just before pinball expo i think. I'm hoping to show people there the power of custom rewrites and what can be achieved if you keep plugging away at something.

Oh an here's another new colour screen Eric just finished

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 12.09.04.png

Post edited by applejuice

#91 5 years ago

You never know i may have a look at that game after i get done with the williams one. No idea when that will be though at the moment.

#93 5 years ago

I agree, IJ4 could use a rewrite...... with new rules it might actually become a game that is fun and enjoyable to play but for now it shall remain the turd it is.

QSS

#94 5 years ago

Awesome I want this when it's done let me know

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Ijpinball:

Awesome I want this when it's done let me know

Add me to the list.

#96 5 years ago

Some pics of a new new mode i added for inclusion at play expo - moonlight madness

POWIE!

IMG_2997.JPGIMG_2999.jpgIMG_2998.JPG

#97 5 years ago

A few people have asked about the Multiball 'ARC' typo present in the original game. Fear not, i have ammended it in my version

IMG_3002.JPG

and in colour

Screen Shot 2014-09-25 at 18.57.14.png

#98 5 years ago

Example of quick multi ball running in colour

Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 16.09.07.png

#99 5 years ago

I never even noticed the typo in multiball mode.

Great work, keep it up.

#100 5 years ago

Great work! Python is a great language. Is python the language that the PROC works with, or can any language be used to interface with it? I need to spend more time with it. I'm primarily a C/C++/PHP guy, but it is similar enough that it shouldn't be too difficult to get used to the syntax changes. I wish I hadn't spent as much time with PHP and just worked with python instead.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.00
There are 204 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside