Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Indiana_Jones_Bridge_driver_PCB_assemb.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Hi,

I recently got an IJ and have some technical problems at the moment. As I have no experience with this kind of problems a little advice is highly appriciated.

- Path of adventure worked for some days but is not functioning anymore:

Error that is coming from startup and test menu: check switch 94 and 95. POA is not moving at all when testing.

- Left slingshot does not work:

Checked below playfield and when moving the crank the slingshot is working. Probably not a mechanical fault?

- Right slingshot works but 'slings' very weak:

Checked below playfield and when moving the crank the slingshot is working. Probably not a mechanical fault?

#2 10 years ago

Replace the small opto board for the poa I did it on mine and it fixed the problem. And for the sling do a resistance test on the coil and see if its weak.

#3 10 years ago

Go into Test mode and test the POA. If the optos check out there and everything seems to work then you probably need to clean your flipper optos. Just take a Q-tip with some alcohol and clean both flipper optos on each flipper board.

For the slingshots go into switch test and test each sling switch. If they don't register then adjust as needed. Also make sure there aren't any loose wires. If the coils seem weak go into the solenoid test and test those too. Check to make sure the wires on the coils are soldered on there good. It will also help if you replace the coil sleeves. Good luck.

#4 10 years ago

I cleaned my flipper optos at one point. Stell had to change the board out. Its only $30 and it takes out the inconsistencies I was having with my game.

#5 10 years ago

If POA is dead have you checked the fuze for it? Agree with above make sure the wires are soldered good to the coils...

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from 22troy:

For the slingshots go into switch test and test each sling switch. If they don't register then adjust as needed. Also make sure there aren't any loose wires. If the coils seem weak go into the solenoid test and test those too. Check to make sure the wires on the coils are soldered on there good. It will also help if you replace the coil sleeves. Good luck.

That worked. Switches needed some adjustments.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from 22troy:

Go into Test mode and test the POA. If the optos check out there and everything seems to work then you probably need to clean your flipper optos. Just take a Q-tip with some alcohol and clean both flipper optos on each flipper board.

Test does not work.

When I go into the switch test menu and tilt the POA manually by hand to the left and right the switches register. I think the problem is not there.

#8 10 years ago

Doing some more research I noticed that the Bridge Driver Assembly board had the led not lighted and that could be the reason the motor of the bridge does not work.

What was the case, the black wire was disconnected from the connector. I connected the black wire as described:

Indiana_Jones_Bridge_driver_PCB_assemb.jpgIndiana_Jones_Bridge_driver_PCB_assemb.jpg

However, the led from the board still does not light up and the motor of the POA still does not work.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

#9 10 years ago

I guess it works in test mode? Did you check the fuse on the underside of the pf?

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

I guess it works in test mode? Did you check the fuse on the underside of the pf?

No, POA does not work in test mode. The motor does not work. When I tilt the POA manually by hand both switch 94 and 95 register.

Can you tell me were the fuse is located please.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

No, POA does not work in test mode. The motor does not work. When I tilt the POA manually by hand both switch 94 and 95 register.
Can you tell me were the fuse is located please.

I beleive it is under the main playfield. on the underside of it but it has been a while since I changed that fuse. My POA would shutter in one direction and the fix was changing that fuse. I think it is supposed to be a slow blow. If I get a chance i'll look it up in the manual...

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

I beleive it is under the main playfield. on the underside of it but it has been a while since I changed that fuse. My POA would shutter in one direction and the fix was changing that fuse. I think it is supposed to be a slow blow. If I get a chance i'll look it up in the manual...

Hi, thanks for the answer. I have been searching in the manual but cannot find any fuse located under the main playfield. Do you happen to know at what part of the playfield (under, middle, top) it is situated?

#13 10 years ago

I may be wrong. It could be located somewhere else. I will try and look tonight.

#14 10 years ago

Check Fuse 116

#15 10 years ago

and fuse 115

#16 10 years ago

Already checked that one and looks fine. Did not check fuse 116 though.

Haven't seen any error message during startup that indicates to check fuse 115 of 116 but I have read stories of people that just replaced a 'good' fuse on F115 and problems with the POA were gone.

Did you get an error message or did you also replace a 'good' fuse?

#17 10 years ago

I replaced the fuse without error messages. Looking at a fuse does not count, they may look fine when they really are not. I beleive mine had a reg fuse in it when it called for a slow-blow.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from scottc:

I replaced the fuse without error messages. Looking at a fuse does not count, they may look fine when they really are not. I beleive mine had a reg fuse in it when it called for a slow-blow.

Oke, thanks. Going to order some fuses en let you know what the outcome is.

#19 10 years ago

I have had issues with a tested good fuse and it still not working. I replace and it works. Hopefully it's something super easy. Good luck!

3 months later
#20 10 years ago

Hello my mini POA playfield has trouble going to the right. The left works perfect and in test mode everything works. The error message that comes up is check switch 94. I've blown my F115 fuse recently as well. What exact fuse goes in its place. Thanks

2 months later
#21 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Doing some more research I noticed that the Bridge Driver Assembly board had the led not lighted and that could be the reason the motor of the bridge does not work.
What was the case, the black wire was disconnected from the connector. I connected the black wire as described:

However, the led from the board still does not light up and the motor of the POA still does not work.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Indiana_Jones_Bridge_driver_PCB_... 117 KB

Problem solved.

Not fuse related, but human related '-) Seems that I did not push the black wire far enough into the IDC connector to make contact again. Using a screwdriver to push the wire further into the connector solved the problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Wanted
14,000 (OBO)
$ 85.00
$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,419.00
12,500 (OBO)
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 12.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-slingshot-and-path-of-adventure-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.