20220223_184811 (resized).jpg
20220529_171945 (resized).jpg
20220529_171806 (resized).jpg
37C5CA66-3C69-4A4B-87B1-DAD4702FDCA0 (resized).jpeg
0557C86F-49A3-4ECF-B67D-E3620AF5DFF5 (resized).jpeg
E727DF26-B15E-4BDA-829A-D10E3D5BE20C (resized).jpeg
IMG_1263 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1269 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazzbouche.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Hi Everyone,
I've been working on a new set of Pop Bumper Caps for Indiana Jones (Williams). Each cap is themed to the 'macguffin' from one of the original trilogy.

I have 3 versions: Grey, Brown, and a 'Transparent' inserts.
A set of 3 will be £110 (sorry, exchange rate is killing me so have to start fixing in local currency).

As you can hopefully see, the transparent cores come in a red, green and yellow with a 'bronze' coloured rim around the outside. I had a batch of requests for a colourful version and this is where I landed (they are my personal favourites as I like to retain some of the play field colours).
These are robust 3D prints that have been in my pin for the last 6 months with no problems - with that said I have LED bulbs under these and would recommend you do the same to minimise heat output.

PM me if interested - I will contact those who have already expressed an interest.
Thanks
IMG_2124 2 (resized).jpgIMG_2124 2 (resized).jpgIMG_2140 (resized).jpgIMG_2140 (resized).jpgIMG_2147 (resized).jpgIMG_2147 (resized).jpgIMG_9844 (resized).JPGIMG_9844 (resized).JPGIMG_9847 (resized).JPGIMG_9847 (resized).JPG

#2 4 years ago
IMG_9843 (resized).JPGIMG_9843 (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#6 4 years ago

Hi All - here are the final ruin colour choices. For those with orders, I'll contact for colour confirmation.
Thanks

Bumper-Ruin-Colours (resized).jpgBumper-Ruin-Colours (resized).jpg
1 week later
#12 4 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

My plan is instead of the pop bumpers being on the GI ckt. I’ll rewire my pop bumper cap lights to illuminate each macguffin as they’re collected thru the same way the prototype jackpot board would have. Or even have them light up in the speaker panel with the bumper caps. Also thinking of shifting the biplane slightly forward to reveal the caps better when playing.

This sounds very cool!! Please post updates as you go, i'll be interested to see how it works.

#13 4 years ago

Quick update; I've been busy printing, prepping and painting. Almost there now. I have shipping costs (£11 tracked and signed to the U.S). Will be contacting everyone for payment.

last thing to do is a test fit of each bumper. I also need to confirm if everyones screws are in the same place - this will affect whether I can glue down the Skull/idol/Grail, or whether you guys will have to position it yourself and glue it at the right angle for your machine. Hopefully everyones are the same and that makes it simple.

Will be in touch!

IMG_2455 (resized).jpgIMG_2455 (resized).jpg
#14 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I’ll take a grey set without the figures. Pop bumper caps alone look fantastic!

This is doable - I have a set lined up for you. Will PM you sir.

1 week later
#19 4 years ago
Quoted from WW2GURU:

Youre shipping these already? I didnt get contacted for payment.

Just replied - have shipped a few first sets. Hopefully the rest will go out this week. I’ll be in touch with everyone.

6 months later
#22 3 years ago
Quoted from EagleEd7:

Are you still selling these? Do you have more pictures? What is the current price?

Quoted from goggleloy:

Interested if still available

Hi - Apologies for the delayed response. Slightly crazy times!
I finished the previous batches, and had no plans for a new batch, but I have tweaked the design a little and am doing tests to see if I can improve the assembly process. I will get in touch if I can make a few more.
Thanks

2 weeks later
#28 3 years ago
Quoted from EagleEd7:

Any chance with all this interest that you could run these again?

Yes I’m working on a batch now and will post when I have some available. I’ll contact everyone who has PM’d me in due course.
Thanks

3 months later
#30 3 years ago

Apologies for the radio silence, been a crazy few months! Back up and running with a small run of these though, and I'll get back to all the PM's I've had shortly. I have 5 sets ready to go. Only offering the below color versions now - simplifies my process and means I can continue to make them. I'll reach out to the PM's in the order received, and get a batch list together. 5 sets ready to go once tested in my machine. More can be made. As before, I recommend that you only use LED bulbs under these pops to reduce the heat coming from them and avoid any warping long term. My set have been in for over a year now and are all good.

IMG_5062 (resized).jpegIMG_5062 (resized).jpeg
#33 3 years ago

Slightly hard to capture (as with all pinball photography), but here are a few shots from players view. Depends on your height of course.

IMG_5158 (resized).jpegIMG_5158 (resized).jpegIMG_5159 (resized).jpegIMG_5159 (resized).jpegIMG_5160 (resized).jpegIMG_5160 (resized).jpegIMG_5161 (resized).jpegIMG_5161 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#34 3 years ago

Hi All - I have one set of these left. Hoping to be shipping a bunch of stuff mid next week, so let me know if anyone is interested in these. No plans to make anymore in the near future.

IMG_5270 (resized).jpgIMG_5270 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#42 2 years ago

Ok guys, let me go through what I have in stock and see what I can do. I have to isolate at the moment though as have covid so it’ll be 10 days at least before I have anything major to report. Keep chasing me though! Hopefully I’ll be back to ‘full-power’ soon.

3 weeks later
#47 2 years ago
Quoted from Sehested:

Hi Jazzbouche
Hope you have made a full recovery from covid and are back to full-power. Have you had any chance to check you stock and see what you can do? Looking forward to hear from you with updates on these very cool pop bumpers. Would love to them to my Indy!

Hi - yes recovered now thanks! I’m working on a new batch and hope to post an update in the next week or two!

2 weeks later
#49 2 years ago

Okay! New batch incoming. I'm finalising around 6 batches and can make a few more if there's demand. The pictures show the new batch, and my old ones in my machine. The ones in my machine had a slightly different construction and paint jobs vary on these from batch to batch as they're hand painted, but the in machine images show how they light up.

Prices are the same as before £120 (UK pounds) for the set, (not including postage). I use Royal Mail tracked and signed for usually. PM me if interested. I will reach out to those that have already been in touch.

Thanks, and hope you're all well!

IMG_0402 (resized).jpegIMG_0402 (resized).jpegIMG_0403 (resized).jpegIMG_0403 (resized).jpegIMG_0404 (resized).jpegIMG_0404 (resized).jpegIMG_0405 (resized).jpegIMG_0405 (resized).jpegIMG_0406 (resized).jpegIMG_0406 (resized).jpegIMG_0407 (resized).jpegIMG_0407 (resized).jpegIMG_0408 (resized).jpegIMG_0408 (resized).jpegIMG_0409 (resized).jpegIMG_0409 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#54 2 years ago

Thanks for all the messages. Will be posting an update before the end of the week and sending out final details.

#55 2 years ago

Hi All, I'd mentioned this in replies to everyone interested in the current batch of ruin pop-bumpers: I have a new mod - the 'Staff of Ra_Light Jackpot' mod. I wanted to get the staff headpiece onto the play field somewhere and it made sense (to me at least) that it lights the jackpot (as that is kind of what it serves to do in the film by 'lighting' up the location of the ark - right?? Am I clutching here??

Anyway - it slides over the existing sign, so a very simple install, and the existing bulb or led will light up the 'eye' when let. This is £60 plus shipping, but I can combine shipping for those in on the pop bumpers. PM me with any interest so I can get an idea of numbers, and I'll get back to everyone 'in turn'

My plan is to sort the pop bumper caps orders plus these over the Christmas period, so shipping will almost certainly arrive after Christmas now.

Thanks!

IMG_0544 (resized).jpegIMG_0544 (resized).jpegIMG_0545 (resized).jpegIMG_0545 (resized).jpegIMG_0554 (resized).jpegIMG_0554 (resized).jpegIMG_0556 (resized).jpegIMG_0556 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#57 2 years ago

Hi All. I've been updating the design based on a bunch of great feedback from people. Much Appreciated. This is the final 'Light Jackpot' design...I had one final thing to sort out to get the light to dissipate evenly through the transparent red section, but I solved that this morning! It'll sit slightly lower on the sign than these pictures show.

I've had a bunch of messages for both the ruins and the light Jackpot mods - I'll be responding to everyone that's shown interest over the next few days. Apologies for the delay, I fit all this around family holiday time and I like to have a bunch made up and ready to ship before anyone pays me any money!

Thanks, and hope you're all well! Happy New Year when you get there!

IMG_0851 (resized).jpegIMG_0851 (resized).jpegIMG_0849 (resized).jpegIMG_0849 (resized).jpegIMG_0850 (resized).jpegIMG_0850 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#63 2 years ago
Quoted from Sehested:

Looks awesome! Can’t wait to get my hands on this + the pop bumpers.
Who have made the drop down targets you have installed in your IJ?

The drop targets are a mod I made, but haven't offered for sale yet. It's quite fiddly, and I've found that the paint comes off on the balls initially - which is no good for pristine play fields!! I have ideas on how to remedy this, but it's on the back burner behind other mods.

#64 2 years ago

Here's an update Folks! For all those that have ordered - apologies that I did not ship this week. I decided to reprint the medallions on our Resin printer which gives much higher detail. I wasn't sure if it would be necessary, but I love the added details that it shows so felt the extra time was worthwhile. You can see in the pictures the difference! I also added in a crystal in the eye! Its the cherry on the cake.

So now I'm just waiting on glue to cure, before doing fitting tests on all of them in my machine. Then I'll start packing them down and definitely hope to start shipping this week. Again, sorry for the delay - hopefully it's worth it.

For everyone that has messaged in the last few days - sorry for the lack of reply - know that I've seen your messages and am making sure I have enough Mods for you. I'll reply asap.

Cheers!

IMG_0928 2 (resized).jpegIMG_0928 2 (resized).jpegIMG_0929 2 (resized).jpegIMG_0929 2 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#67 2 years ago

Hi Everyone - thanks for all the messages and orders. First batch has been sent out and you should all have tracking details. I'm working on the current batch now and will send you all updates once I ship them.

I'm now closing this off to any new orders - anyone interested can let me know and I'll register you for a possible future batch (although no promises - I need to focus on the topper and some other ideas for a while)

Thanks!!

2 weeks later
#69 2 years ago
Quoted from pingod:

Jazzbouche These mods look way better in person
Good job.

Awesome!! Glad you like them - thanks for the kind comments!
Cheers

1 week later
#71 2 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Put me down for a set of pop caps and the light jackpot sign. Great mods!

Hi - I've closed this batch now. I've had a few messages after a set, and if I get enough for another batch then I may do noe, but for now I'm spending some time on some other mods. Message me if you want to register interest so that I can keep track of those after a set. Thanks.

#72 2 years ago

Hi All - I was inspired by some comments to try out a more colourful version of the jackpot mod that matched the playfield and existing sign, but still incorporated the medallion. I'm interested to know what people think to this direction, and if it appeals to those not into the ruins look.
Thanks!

IMG_1263 (resized).jpegIMG_1263 (resized).jpegIMG_1266 (resized).jpegIMG_1266 (resized).jpegIMG_1269 (resized).jpegIMG_1269 (resized).jpeg
3 months later
#75 1 year ago
Quoted from etien:

Installed the new flashy lit jackpot sign. ( had the “classic one” installed before ). I prefer the flashy as the red a yellow colors mirror the right ramp one
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looking great!! Thanks for posting the pictures!

1 month later
#77 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Cool.
What’s available these days?
Bumper Caps? Jackpot sign 1 and/or 2?
Would like to consider

I have a couple of the yellow jackpot signs left and available. Everything else would be a new list and I’d sort when I have enough numbers. Message me if interested.

Cheers

7 months later
#83 1 year ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

Please put me on the list for pops and jackpot!
Any plans for future run?

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Bumping this, please put me on the list for both mods

Will do! Sorry for the late response. I’m currently focussed on my Atomic Godzilla mod, and will return to this thread and any messages regarding Indy mods once ive completed that run. Thanks guys!

#90 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Fun Fact: I used the Chachapoyan Demon from the film (pictured below) as a reference for the clay sculpted PoA rails (hadn't posted that detail before). Several other references used as well, and some intentional diversion taken.

It was indeed a shame they had to be discontinued so quickly. They were a nightmare to produce (messy with extensive work after casting for proper fitment), and grossly underpriced (didn't quite realize what I got myself into). I opted to move onto Alice Cooper with a less stressful process when I got my game around that time. I've always felt bad about taking a long list for these and not being able to come through for most. Between not feeling right to significantly raise prices after taking a list, and production difficulty, dropping the product made the most sense at the time.
It took nearly 300 hours to develop, as it was designed without a game in hand and three molds were created (had help from two other Pinsiders in different states for parts, measurements, test fitting, etc.). Only ~17 PoA mods made it into the wild--not the fate I hoped for with the effort.
Life circumstances were also very different in 2018/2019. Of my past mods, these are the only ones I've questioned if I should resurrect one day. I have my hands tied with Stranger Things demand for a long time, but perhaps one day I'll get an IJ and come back to these.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It's a beautiful mod, and gets the balance of detail perfect for Indy in my opinion.

#91 1 year ago

What’s Atomic Godzilla? Just from the sound of it, I must have one!
Cheers!

Ah - you've set me up nicely for a little cross-promotion!!

Atomic Godzilla details can be found on this thread - there's a funky little video showing him in action:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-atomic-godzilla-figure-mod

1 month later
#106 11 months ago

Shameless plug to prod Jazz to re-run Indy pops! And Light Jackpot!
These are f'n gold!

Quoted from Chosen_S:

Come on Jazz! You can do it!

Quoted from BigLebowski:

did you see the list of Atomic Godzilla poor Jazz has to build?

Ha - love these comments!! This is why I do it…your support is something I take very seriously! Haven’t forgotten about this thread and have had a lot of requests recently so am planning the new run. The issue I have is whether to make the current version (pretty easy as I have all the designs ready) or push forward with the upgrade I have in mind and am about halfway through figuring out! It would give the option of putting Stumblors LED rings inside the bumper caps to get light effects! I must choose…wisely.

1 week later
#111 11 months ago

I really have to get on this don't I!!
Especially with a new Indy movie coming out...I mean come on, gotta channel that excitement!

3 months later
#118 8 months ago

Any update on pop caps and/or jackpot?
No pressure but Lior is about to ship his sweet Indy apron, so you mods will surely complement that!
Eric

Ok, so don’t tell anyone but I have a small batch made waiting for paint and detailing!!

It’s a secret though

#123 8 months ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Sweet so is it list time then? Make sure I'm on there please. What color/style are you making? I too would like them to compliment the other Lior mods on mine.

yes - I think it's time to start getting a list together
For anyone checking in, please post again your interest and I'll be going back over the thread and my messages and will do my best to put it in order of received interest. But I'm aiming to just do a full batch and ship at the same time so hopefully it won't make a difference.

In terms of colours I only do one set of colours - sand with red highlights on the main bodies. I can't guarantee any colour match as pictures/monitor screens vary greatly and as these are hand painted each set varies slightly too.

#127 8 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’m in on the jackpot mod!!!
And pop caps!
But I only like the ruins look, the yellow isn’t for me. Hope that’s not an issue

yep - I'm only doing the ruins look on this run, so all good.

2 weeks later
#135 7 months ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Jazz, any updates?

Main update is that when I compiled 'the list', it was a bit bigger than I realised!! So I've been banging out the parts required and have a big ol' batch now that need working through and painting up. It's all coming together but will likely be a few weeks yet. I'll post pics when I'm in the middle of painting and have rows of stuff in various states of finish.

#137 7 months ago

Sweet! Speaking as one of those hoping he's on the list, we'd all love to see the list when you have time (so we know whether to be gleeful or mournful).
Can't wait to see the new pieces!

Don’t worry you’re definitely on the list!!

3 months later
#143 4 months ago

Hey guys - thanks for the continued interest! If you’ve posted here or messaged me then I have you on the list and will reach out via DM once I have some sets ready!

#144 4 months ago

Is this reissue in the queue yet?
Cheers,
Anxious in Alaska (a.k.a. Dying to complete his Indy)

Well, as it happens I’ve been lining up all the parts and laser cutting a few bits over the past few days to prepare for a big paint session! I don’t want to over promise anything (especially given how busy this time of year is), but I have these in the works and they will definitely happen!

Just don’t tell my wife…I’m supposed to be wrapping presents!!

1 month later
#149 3 months ago
Quoted from travis48:

Hi, I'm in for pop caps and the jack pot. Please could you also put me on the list !

Yep - added you to the list!

#150 3 months ago

Hey everyone,
At long last I have some progress to report. The first part of the batch is done, and parts are all ready for painting on the remaining bunch. We’re going to send messages out to everyone on our list shortly to confirm you’re still interested and compile the order and shipping details etc. We’ll then follow up to sort payment in list order. Meanwhile, I’ll finish up painting the remaining orders.

In terms of pricing - I’ve had to increase slightly on both mods (pop bumper set £120GBP, and light jackpot £65GBP). I’ve tried to keep it to a minimum but appreciate it’s still annoying. Like everything, my costs have increased over the past couple of years. (This will all be in the incoming message).

Hope that all makes sense, but any questions just shoot us a message. If you don’t get a message within the next week (and are expecting to be on the list) let us know.

Thanks
Paul

#151 3 months ago

Some testing of the latest batch. To give a sense of the colours. I’ve updated my processes and am pretty happy with the results! Each set will of course have its own individual differences. My QA basically boils down to ‘would I be fine with that set being my keeper set’, and if the answer is yes then it’s good to go. If I spot a defect I don’t like then I fix it and retest.

But as with all my mods - if there’s anything you’re not happy with just reach out and we’ll sort it out.

IMG_8421 (resized).jpegIMG_8421 (resized).jpegIMG_8430 (resized).jpegIMG_8430 (resized).jpegIMG_8431 (resized).jpegIMG_8431 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

14,000 (OBO)
$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 78.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazzbouche.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-pop-bumper-cap-ruins?tu=jazzbouche and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.