Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 388 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by RCSP
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3DDBCC65-8E28-4DD8-B510-CC46167F2D28 (resized).jpeg
    91332348-59F6-4E51-B7B5-1081BFDD1257 (resized).jpeg
    21C01E81-23FE-4211-81B0-F67B114805F5 (resized).jpeg
    7BE5AA50-E799-469B-97F1-A4354B5E678D (resized).jpeg
    E9601B5A-82AA-4077-8282-4657B2E1B420 (resized).jpeg
    60D104DA-D696-46A5-8BBF-C52DD21EE5ED (resized).jpeg
    F86D33AC-08A1-4B15-B228-6A0054216802 (resized).jpeg
    19213B48-66ED-45DB-8207-206D84F01DB9 (resized).jpeg
    0BC37BCE-B748-4541-81EA-ED82E8A8F265 (resized).jpeg
    135181C7-BB1A-46AD-89BF-3374610E5AB2 (resized).jpeg
    C79EB40D-AA18-4833-8DB3-22523F2AC2D2 (resized).jpeg
    1E55AC74-E24A-44F6-8B8B-53DDFBF7011D (resized).jpeg
    488EC5B7-98A8-4AA4-99D3-3A0944ADE812 (resized).jpeg
    6DED908F-086F-47D3-AE80-31FFABF36164 (resized).jpeg
    8B1FD011-DE89-46C2-B535-CFA098D96E8D (resized).jpeg
    47D57C8C-A3D8-4226-AA51-A5109F0E1D9B (resized).jpeg
    There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
    #201 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

I rerouted the wires for the target but still have to screw it in. Missing a gold pinball. I see Marco has them about $15. I have a second plane I’ll have to look at ricochet pics to see where it goes. It’s got zip ties on it so it appears it wasn’t in the game when I bought it.
    Thanks for the help on those left over items.
    I’m getting close....
    [quoted image]

check out the ball chris just used, its cool!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hep-this-week-9-17-18/page/152#post-5792165

#202 3 years ago

I’ll take a look on my PC I can’t see it very well on my phone.

What goes in this hole? A flasher maybe?

27FB5EEE-3B74-456E-BDE6-66CC29C337D0 (resized).jpeg27FB5EEE-3B74-456E-BDE6-66CC29C337D0 (resized).jpeg
    #203 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

I’ll take a look on my PC I can’t see it very well on my phone.
    What goes in this hole? A flasher maybe?
    [quoted image]

That hole is for the wires for the opto pair at the entrance of the idol and the flasher that is on top of the ruins.

#204 3 years ago

Does the POA ramp have 3 bulbs under it? If so does it matter which bulb goes where? Thanks!

#205 3 years ago

I'm annoyed, can't find a stainless steel piece that goes on the PF near the left side ball drain, can't find small orange piece of plastic that goes to the right of the POA ramp, under the ruins. Don't know if I misplaced these things or if the game never had them. I'll have to look through my pictures.

#206 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

Does the POA ramp have 3 bulbs under it? If so does it matter which bulb goes where? Thanks!

It actually has 4 ... One is Jackpot and the other is Path of Adventure which are unique.

The other two that are in-line with the ramp are tied together and connected to the right ramp cap flasher. Placement of
    those two are not critical however the one closest to the back usually is the one with the yellow wires and terminates the chain.

#207 3 years ago

Thanks for the help. I found these cool washers at Ace Hardware. Really help hold damaged plastic. My Ace Hardware is 1 mile from my house and if I go out to the street I can see their parking lot. Nice to be a 2 min drive (30mph #%^*^%#).

I found the long orange plastic piece. Haven’t found the stainless steel piece yet.

D72002AF-DB86-4B85-87FC-91964CA42126 (resized).jpegD72002AF-DB86-4B85-87FC-91964CA42126 (resized).jpeg81766467-B3C2-4165-8E1B-6F559C674D0C (resized).jpeg81766467-B3C2-4165-8E1B-6F559C674D0C (resized).jpeg
    #208 3 years ago

I'm not sure which switch to buy, the part numbers don't match up. There are 2 available, and neither lists IJ as a compatible game.

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-start-button-20-9663-1.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-start-button-20-9663-16.html

I see the difference is at the base of the plastic around the bulb, which is not visible in the pics on the website.

#209 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

I'm not sure which switch to buy, the part numbers don't match up. There are 2 available, and neither lists IJ as a compatible game.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-start-button-20-9663-16.html
    I see the difference is at the base of the plastic around the bulb, which is not visible in the pics on the website.

This one:

You might also get a green super ball button.

#210 3 years ago

It’s ALIVE

D53EC1E2-E9B3-454E-9613-D64F687CE6EB (resized).jpegD53EC1E2-E9B3-454E-9613-D64F687CE6EB (resized).jpeg
    #211 3 years ago

Thanks. I don't see a Super Ball on their site, I searched "Super" and "Super Ball" and "Super switch".

#212 3 years ago

I wanted to make sure the flashers under the POA ramp were working before attaching the ramp. So I decided to plug in the machine and see what happens. It's pretty good so far, some flashers not working, that is Monday nights job.

I looked in the manual, but still not sure where these flashers are: Plane Super Ball, Totem Multiball.

Again, thanks for the help, it's a huge help.

#213 3 years ago

Not sure if this is the same but found the whole button.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-9663-12

#214 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

I wanted to make sure the flashers under the POA ramp were working before attaching the ramp. So I decided to plug in the machine and see what happens. It's pretty good so far, some flashers not working, that is Monday nights job.
    I looked in the manual, but still not sure where these flashers are: Plane Super Ball, Totem Multiball.
    Again, thanks for the help, it's a huge help.

Nice to see it powered up! Good job! That was one of the most nerve wracking and most exciting parts of the entire project for me.

Go back to this document... look at the flashers tab... there are notes as to where they are located:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vWCDP2mHtD3iR8CfPyN1i4qBFt_whKb21BIooUhlpP4/edit?usp=sharing

#215 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

It’s ALIVE
    [quoted image]

Congratulations on the startup!

#216 3 years ago

A few things I've noticed on your picture... (you may already know this):

1. The bobbin spacer towards the front on the left side doesn't belong there. That is where the #6 screw for the metal ball guide goes. The bobbin goes to the left of that, in between the rail and the artwork on the playfield. There are two of them that will hold the plastic and are used to mount the shield that goes around the bend of the ramp. I'm not sure that the Mirco playfield has holes drilled for them.

2. The star post closest to the front right of the picture is incorrect. That is where your ball guide on the apron will mount.

3. The adjustable star post that is above it in the picture doesn't have the correct mounting post. It should just be a machine screw.
    IJ-left-outlane (resized).jpgIJ-left-outlane (resized).jpgIJ-right-outlane (resized).jpgIJ-right-outlane (resized).jpg

#217 3 years ago

In your first pic, the long stainless piece is what I am missing. I'm not sure what the part number is. Will keep hoping it shows up, I think the game was complete when I bought it. Also missing that 2" long U shaped wire, UGGGGG.

I fixed those other issues, THANKS!

Quoted from Ricochet:

A few things I've noticed on your picture... (you may already know this):
    1. The bobbin spacer towards the front on the left side doesn't belong there. That is where the #6 screw for the metal ball guide goes. The bobbin goes to the left of that, in between the rail and the artwork on the playfield. There are two of them that will hold the plastic and are used to mount the shield that goes around the bend of the ramp. I'm not sure that the Mirco playfield has holes drilled for them.
    2. The star post closest to the front right of the picture is incorrect. That is where your ball guide on the apron will mount.
    3. The adjustable star post that is above it in the picture doesn't have the correct mounting post. It should just be a machine screw.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

#218 3 years ago

I’m missing a wire guide. I found this laying around. Not sure if it’s the right one. Seems too thick for the predrilled holes. 2-1/2” long.

78BB5DEA-1C40-4AA0-9BDA-14C4AB7401F8 (resized).jpeg78BB5DEA-1C40-4AA0-9BDA-14C4AB7401F8 (resized).jpeg
    #219 3 years ago

Some things really “bug” me. Even if they are dead.

94804CD6-5662-4FA5-8613-3CD47AF3E1BD (resized).jpeg94804CD6-5662-4FA5-8613-3CD47AF3E1BD (resized).jpeg
    #220 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

I’m missing a wire guide. I found this laying around. Not sure if it’s the right one. Seems too thick for the predrilled holes. 2-1/2” long.
    [quoted image]

On wire guides.

See vids guide on this its very informative.

Basically the small hole they gave you is a locator hole as to where the wire guide goes. Its also a sufficient size to grip the wire, but too tight to get the wire to start going into the hole.

You find a drill bit the same size as the wire or very slightly larger.

You drill down thru the hole on the playfield about a third of the way down, say 3/16".

Run the drill backwards to avoid chipping the surface to start.

The small thru hole that exists all the way thru to the bottom is the friction hole that you hammer the wire down into so its tight.

Place a the corner of a block of wood under the wire guide. I use stacked hardwood floor samples measuring about 1/2" thick from home depot or a small piece of 1/2" MDF. The height should be at the center of a ball or 17/32" center of wire.

The half inch spacer block is just about perfect.

Make sure there are no burrs on the wire ends. File them off so that the wire will not hang up in the hole.

By using block spacers it keeps you from hammering too deep as its hard to pry the wire up if its installed correctly.

Put a little titebond on the wire, it helps the wire slide in as a lubrication and causes the wood to expand tighter.

This is how I do it.

#221 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

Some things really “bug” me. Even if they are dead.
    [quoted image]

get this kit to make your own wire guides:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-WS-KIT

#222 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

On wire guides.
    See vids guide on this its very informative.
    Basically the small hole they gave you is a locator hole as to where the wire guide goes. Its also a sufficient size to grip the wire, but too tight to get the wire to start going into the hole.
    You find a drill bit the same size as the wire or very slightly larger.
    You drill down thru the hole on the playfield about a third of the way down, say 3/16".
    Run the drill backwards to avoid chipping the surface to start.
    The small thru hole that exists all the way thru to the bottom is the friction hole that you hammer the wire down into so its tight.
    Place a the corner of a block of wood under the wire guide. I use stacked hardwood floor samples measuring about 1/2" thick from home depot or a small piece of 1/2" MDF. The height should be at the center of a ball or 17/32" center of wire.
    The half inch spacer block is just about perfect.
    Make sure there are no burrs on the wire ends. File them off so that the wire will not hang up in the hole.
    By using block spacers it keeps you from hammering too deep as its hard to pry the wire up if its installed correctly.
    Put a little titebond on the wire, it helps the wire slide in as a lubrication and causes the wood to expand tighter.
    This is how I do it.

Nice info thanks. I added that wire kit to my cart. Just need to click CHECK OUT one of these days. I'm buying a POA transmission/motor. I think it's better to have a spare, these things won't be available forever!

#223 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

Nice info thanks. I added that wire kit to my cart. Just need to click CHECK OUT one of these days. I'm buying a POA transmission/motor. I think it's better to have a spare, these things won't be available forever!

They have free shipping on $100+ orders for the next couple days

#224 3 years ago

Following up on this post...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-playfield-swap-and-restoration-covid-inspired/page/4#post-5805778

I was going back through your thread and looking at all the progress you’ve made and I noticed an error in my direction to you. That 2 pin molex plug goes to the ruins flasher... not the fighter plane as I had originally stated. I’ve corrected it.

Sorry about that!

#225 3 years ago

I think I just color matched the wires, not a problem.

I’m using a lot of brass washers just because they look nice and fit the theme of the game. I am missing 2 gun screws which are hard to find online. I found this at Ace Hardware, not bad at all. Just need one more.

4CD6030A-346D-47C7-8987-274E3B1F10C0 (resized).jpeg4CD6030A-346D-47C7-8987-274E3B1F10C0 (resized).jpeg
    #226 3 years ago

My right "Lites Hand Of Fate" light is always on (by the right Slingshot) . Not sure I have the correct connector attached. Ricochet pics hard to see the color of the wires. The big circuit board was not on the machine when I started the project, so I have no pics.

#227 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

My right "Lites Hand Of Fate" light is always on (by the right Slingshot) . Not sure I have the correct connector attached. Ricochet pics hard to see the color of the wires. The big circuit board was not on the machine when I started the project, so I have no pics.

Here you go: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/117#post-5610798

#228 3 years ago

Thanks I’ll read that in a bit. I bought these by mistake, I need the switches with 3 tabs. You think these would work in any of my games?

Edit: I see the slingshots use one of these, and one with a diode, so I need to order some with a diode and keep these also!

87937591-2A63-4A4A-B98A-31B0B605698C (resized).jpeg87937591-2A63-4A4A-B98A-31B0B605698C (resized).jpeg

#230 3 years ago

I've got weird issues (this is where jefflange1967 says "definitely" ). In the Ordered lamp menu, some lights illuminate more than one bulb. The bulbs are not as bright as if just one bulb were lit.

Some examples: Mode Start is selected, Mode Start is quite bright, also illuminated is the little yellow spot on the mini playfield, the 3rd light from the top on the left, just below the Pit hole on the left. This light is flashing quickly, and it not very bright.

Hand of Fate - this is the light directly under the "Mode Start" light. It is flashing and very bright, also the 3rd light from the top on the RIGHT of the mini playfield is flashing and not very bright.

Extra Ball very bright, 4th light from the top on the left of the MP is flashing and not very bright.

A(D)VENTURE is flashing and bright, Extra ball on the MP is flashing and not very bright.

So do I have the MP plugged in incorrectly? All the lights on the MP work in the test, they are bright and no other light is illuminated.

It's 1:25am, so that's it for tonight. Thanks for the help.

It's a little crazy around here, there are protests for a police shooting in Wauwatosa (about 4 miles from me). The cop shot and killed a kid that shot at him first. Protesters actually went to where the cop lives and fired a shot gun at him. They missed, I think 3 are in custody including the get away driver.

And then Kenosha is about a 40 minute drive. Yikes it's crazy out there. I think I'll stick to pinball for a while.

#231 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

I've got weird issues (this is where jefflange1967 says "definitely" ). In the Ordered lamp menu, some lights illuminate more than one bulb. The bulbs are not as bright as if just one bulb were lit.
    Some examples: Mode Start is selected, Mode Start is quite bright, also illuminated is the little yellow spot on the mini playfield, the 3rd light from the top on the left, just below the Pit hole on the left. This light is flashing quickly, and it not very bright.
    Hand of Fate - this is the light directly under the "Mode Start" light. It is flashing and very bright, also the 3rd light from the top on the RIGHT of the mini playfield is flashing and not very bright.
    Extra Ball very bright, 4th light from the top on the left of the MP is flashing and not very bright.
    A(D)VENTURE is flashing and bright, Extra ball on the MP is flashing and not very bright.
    So do I have the MP plugged in incorrectly? All the lights on the MP work in the test, they are bright and no other light is illuminated.
    It's 1:25am, so that's it for tonight. Thanks for the help.
    It's a little crazy around here, there are protests for a police shooting in Wauwatosa (about 4 miles from me). The cop shot and killed a kid that shot at him first. Protesters actually went to where the cop lives and fired a shot gun at him. They missed, I think 3 are in custody including the get away driver.
    And then Kenosha is about a 40 minute drive. Yikes it's crazy out there. I think I'll stick to pinball for a while.

Do yourself a favor before you spend ton of time tracing stuff...

Check every single diode in your lamp matrix. They are soldered right in-line with the lamp socket. Shorted diodes can cause all kinds of funky “almost on” or “not quite off” lamp behavior.

What’s the MP?

#233 3 years ago

MP = Mini Playfield

#234 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

MP = Mini Playfield

Yup. More commonly known on this machine as the (P)ath (O)f (A)dventure.

Pinballers do love their acronyms.

#235 3 years ago
    Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Yup. More commonly known on this machine as the (P)ath (O)f (A)dventure.
    Pinballers do love their acronyms.

I thought the ramp on the right was POA.....I haven't played this game yet, so I am just going by the writing on the ramp. Maybe because that ramp takes the ball to the mini playfield.

I got some stuff done tonight, the left slingshot is all done, new plastic, new orange rubber ring, new coil, looks great. Can't find the bracket that holds the coil for the other slingshot, so maybe find that tomorrow and finish that. Also installed the ball kickout and coil.

#236 3 years ago

I found the stainless piece, was just about to give up. Was in a misc metal box. Now need the little bracket that holds in the slingshot coil. It’s around here somewhere

022FFB52-9398-4EAA-8062-D7E5A68D861D (resized).jpeg022FFB52-9398-4EAA-8062-D7E5A68D861D (resized).jpeg9BD5048F-15AF-481B-8994-AA17A01A577A (resized).jpeg9BD5048F-15AF-481B-8994-AA17A01A577A (resized).jpeg
    #237 3 years ago

How do I test these lights in the test mode? I tried all lights mode. Maybe they don’t work!

F561BD84-B983-495D-9E12-2BD8E656A2B7 (resized).jpegF561BD84-B983-495D-9E12-2BD8E656A2B7 (resized).jpeg
    #238 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

How do I test these lights in the test mode? I tried all lights mode. Maybe they don’t work!
    [quoted image]

Solenoid/Flasher tests

Those are connected to the "Left Side Flasher" #31

#239 3 years ago
    Quoted from Ricochet:

Solenoid/Flasher tests
    Those are connected to the "Left Side Flasher" #31

Thanks. If I jiggle the wires the upper light works, so I'll re-solder.

#240 3 years ago

Am I crazy, or are your habitrails coated with something? Powder coated? Painted? They don't have that brassy shine I'm accustomed to.

I only mention it because when I first got my machine, some previous owner had spray painted them gold to cover up the corrosion rather than give them a good polish. The pin was full of gold dust as a result. T'was an awful mess to clean up.

#241 3 years ago
    Quoted from AaronZOOM:

Am I crazy, or are your habitrails coated with something? Powder coated? Painted? They don't have that brassy shine I'm accustomed to.
    I only mention it because when I first got my machine, some previous owner had spray painted them gold to cover up the corrosion rather than give them a good polish. The pin was full of gold dust as a result. T'was an awful mess to clean up.

I just use never dull on them.

It works pretty good.

#242 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

I just use never dull on them.
    It works pretty good.

I've never heard of this stuff before, but looks like I can buy it locally. I'll have to try it out!

#243 3 years ago

I painted and then baked in the oven. Sounds like a bad idea now. I’ll have to keep an eye on that for sure.

#244 3 years ago

The switch for the single drop target - does it stay compressed (pushed in, enabled) when the target is down?

DSC_9764 (resized).JPGDSC_9764 (resized).JPGDropTarget (resized).PNGDropTarget (resized).PNG
    #245 3 years ago

I have 2 roll over switches where the switch seems bad. If I remove the wire that goes on the middle tab, then when I replace the wire the switch triggers in the switch edge test. I can just repeatedly touch the wire and it beeps each time. Does this mean the switch is bad?

#246 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

The switch for the single drop target - does it stay compressed (pushed in, enabled) when the target is down?

Yup

Quoted from RCSP:

I have 2 roll over switches where the switch seems bad. If I remove the wire that goes on the middle tab, then when I replace the wire the switch triggers in the switch edge test. I can just repeatedly touch the wire and it beeps each time. Does this mean the switch is bad?

Roll-overs are normally open... so that doesn't sound proper... test it removed from the playfield (if you've not already done that)... just to be sure its not a mounting goof... or a wiring problem.

E1B8E7E5-394D-4F7D-8F0E-19279A6F729F (resized).jpegE1B8E7E5-394D-4F7D-8F0E-19279A6F729F (resized).jpeg
    #247 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

I think so.

#248 3 years ago

I fixed one switch, I did remove it from the game, still was flaky. Then removed the mounting bracket and then it worked. The metal wire was mounted on the pins closest to the center of the switch, so I moved it to the outer holes to give the button more room to fully extend, and now it works! Now onto the next switch! Thanks for the help pinballinreno and Ricochet

#249 3 years ago

Are these wires used? The red/black go to the coin door but I have a new coin door and it doesn’t have this connector.

2nd pic my remote buttons, one of the best tools I ever bought.

Tonight I’m trying to fix the left flipper button. The right flipper works. Left flipper nothing, in switch test nothing happens. I swapped the right buttons circuit board and that had no effect. So problem isn’t the switch itself.

56D2C42D-BFEF-476D-A9F0-15E7ACE715FB (resized).jpeg56D2C42D-BFEF-476D-A9F0-15E7ACE715FB (resized).jpeg47EBB9A5-8A98-4C9F-93D4-3B9616AC7755 (resized).jpeg47EBB9A5-8A98-4C9F-93D4-3B9616AC7755 (resized).jpeg

#250 3 years ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

Are there wires used? The red/black go to the coin door but I have a new coin door and it doesn’t have this connector.
    2nd pic my remote buttons, one of the best tools I ever bought.
    Tonight I’m trying to fix the left flipper button. The right flipper works. Left flipper nothing, in switch test nothing happens. I swapped the right buttons circuit board and that had no effect. So problem isn’t the switch itself.

They are for a bill acceptor. The 9 pin one (its 110VAC by the way) usually just sits by the hinge of the coin door...unused. Since you don’t have the other molex that will be unused as well.

There are 388 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-playfield-swap-and-restoration-covid-inspired/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.