74 days ago

Topic Stats

• 145 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 minutes ago by pinballinreno
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 71 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CA5E2A12-B3E5-4CEA-B01C-DE6CEE821FB8 (resized).jpeg
    C519B213-1B05-4BF4-886A-53F2EA9E8F08 (resized).jpeg
    C66624D5-84EC-47D9-A72F-06D34836CFF4 (resized).jpeg
    A63C7DFF-216C-4AEB-A089-E8719D67A524 (resized).jpeg
    C8CFB041-8AA1-48AF-80BF-19F6C5F90CC6 (resized).jpeg
    8D322EDC-8438-4E6B-8E8C-732C1E51B4A7 (resized).jpeg
    DSC_0433 (resized).JPG
    plastic-standoffs-leftside (resized).jpg
    471ED166-8FF3-4DBA-95B2-FBFF6FCD6FDA (resized).jpeg
    eeb92c11623edf3288736407eb9faf860075bc81 (resized).jpg
    IJ2 (resized).PNG
    EE35D01B-ECE9-4BBC-AFD9-85926BD019BE (resized).jpeg
    ECF42749-2F03-41D7-AA26-7E59BD561B8D (resized).jpeg
    46F0EDE9-2FFC-4691-A406-019C06C82F6B (resized).jpeg
    8321C637-9449-4F66-B76A-7E10E294D5F6 (resized).jpeg
    0628B01F-E9A3-4BD1-BCC9-E7E9EDFD747E (resized).jpeg

There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 12 days ago

I’m not sure how much of this ramp is visible once everything is on the pf. Not sure how much to polish.

EE35D01B-ECE9-4BBC-AFD9-85926BD019BE (resized).jpeg

#102 12 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

I’m not sure how much of this ramp is visible once everything is on the pf. Not sure how much to polish.
    [quoted image]

That looks fine, very little of that ramp actually is directly visible ... there are a few pics of that in my photo album for reference.

#103 12 days ago

Here is the #$%^&*^%$#%^& Mylar sheet I received.

IJ2 (resized).PNG
    #104 11 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

Here is the #$%^&*^%$#%^& Mylar sheet I received.
    [quoted image]

Seriously? WTF is that ??? Clearly the wrong one !!! Bummer dude

#105 11 days ago

I messaged the seller the other day and he wanted to see a picture and I just sent him that same pic.

#106 11 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

I messaged the seller the other day and he wanted to see a picture and I just sent him that same pic.

Wow like you’d try to rip them off for a piece of Mylar.

#107 11 days ago

I installed a Mirco playfield, and I needed to drill 3 pilot holes that were missing towards the left front. Luckily they are easy to reach and do not require any major backpeddling on progress to drill them if you are already deep into your reassembly.

eeb92c11623edf3288736407eb9faf860075bc81 (resized).jpg

#108 10 days ago

I noticed those were missing, wasn't sure what goes there!

#109 10 days ago

I’m almost out of my Aluminum Oxide media so I figured I’d try it wet. I saw a video on the manufacturer’s website where they added water. Sure will help with the dust if nothing else. I let it run 30 min then checked on it. It’s a dry mess lol

471ED166-8FF3-4DBA-95B2-FBFF6FCD6FDA (resized).jpeg
    #110 10 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

Bobbin spacers and posts for the plastic... pic below (not mine)

plastic-standoffs-leftside (resized).jpg
    #111 10 days ago

Wow is that a dirty playfield. I’m trying to order Comet LEDs. I bought the LED OCD board so I think I need non-ghosting lights.

#112 10 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

Wow is that a dirty playfield. I’m trying to order Comet LEDs. I bought the LED OCD board so I think I need non-ghosting lights.

Yeah its someone's restoration pic I scabbed off of here. I had forgotten what went there myself when I was doing it.

Nope... you don't need non-ghosting lamps with LED OCD. Regular LEDs give you a bit more range of control with LED OCD.

#113 10 days ago

Yes you are correct I had it backwards! How do I know how many led’s to buy?

Thanks

#114 10 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

Thanks

Ask... and you shall receive!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vWCDP2mHtD3iR8CfPyN1i4qBFt_whKb21BIooUhlpP4/edit?usp=sharing

There are tabs at the bottom for each sheet that give you a break down of all that is needed.

#115 9 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

Thanks

Generally to take advantage of rhe bulk buys at comet:

100 2smd sunlight frosted bayonet base #44

200 2smd sunlight frosted wedge base #555

50 5led flasher towers #906 base

6 8led flasher towers #89 base.

This is like my standard order.

And another order later for the filliing in of specialty or missed items.

I really like the translucent pop bumper bodies from Zitt and the 7led dual sided pop bumper light plates/disks from comet.

This combo just ROCKS!

#116 9 days ago

Quoted from pinballinreno:

Generally to take advantage of rhe bulk buys at comet:
    100 2smd sunlight frosted bayonet base #44
    200 2smd sunlight frosted wedge base #555
    This is like my standard order.
    And another order later for the filliing in of specialty or missed items.
    I really like the translucent pop bumper bodies from Zitt and the 7led dual sided pop bumper light plates/disks from comet.
    This combo just ROCKS!

Thanks! That helps a lot. I am planning on ordering tonight.

My water + Aluminum Oxide with 2 pitchers of water was a HUGE fiasco. DON'T TRY IT. The water must only be for plastic media. It basically made a big muddy sandbox of goo. NO, there will not be pictures LOL

#117 9 days ago

ricochet did you test the motors and transmissions before installing? I have a 12v power supply I could use.

#118 9 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

ricochet did you test the motors and transmissions before installing? I have a 12v power supply I could use.

Always test motors against the originals.

New ones are wired backwards.

Red dot on wrong side etc.

9v battery is sufficient.

#119 9 days ago

So one motor is fine but the transmission has a rough spot when I turn the gears. So I opened the transmission. It popped open awkwardly and all the gears fell out. I need a diagram of how the spaces and gears are placed. I could wing it but probably a bad idea. Or I could take apart the other transmission. I did a search in the forums and didn't find anything.

I looked at my pictures from when I disassembled and it looks like I am missing a shim #$%^&*(&^%$. It goes on first. If you are looking at the open transmission, and the brass insert is at the top, then the lower 3 gears are one on the left, and two on the right (lined up vertically). I am missing the shim that is slightly larger than the others that goes under the gear on the left.

Thanks!

#120 9 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

So one motor is fine but the transmission has a rough spot when I turn the gears. So I opened the transmission. It popped open awkwardly and all the gears fell out. I need a diagram of how the spaces and gears are placed. I could wing it but probably a bad idea. Or I could take apart the other transmission. I did a search in the forums and didn't find anything.
    I looked at my pictures from when I disassembled and it looks like I am missing a shim #$%^&*(&^%$. It goes on first. If you are looking at the open transmission, and the brass insert is at the top, then the lower 3 gears are one on the left, and two on the right (lined up vertically). I am missing the shim that is slightly larger than the others that goes under the gear on the left.
    Thanks!

Yes there are small washers that sit between the gears and back housing, and one that goes on the top housing.. and that tiny sleeve bearing that keeps that large gear from popping around ... they are all critical.

Look through my photos ... you may find what you need.

#121 7 days ago

You can see the larger shim on the leftmost post at the bottom, somehow I lost the exact same shim from both transmissions.

DSC_0433 (resized).JPG
    #122 7 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

You can see the larger shim on the leftmost post at the bottom, somehow I lost the exact same shim from both transmissions.
    [quoted image]

Its just a washer. Drill out a fender washer to fit and sand it to the correct thickness so that the gears line up.

Chuck it in a drill and spin it on a file to adjust the width.

#123 6 days ago

I used a M2 washer from Ace Hardware. 19 cents.

#124 4 days ago

I rebuilt this transmission. I can spin it both directions with just my fingers.

The motor works when I hook it to a 9v battery when it is not attached to the transmission.

Once I mount the motor in place and adjust the gear play, I apply the 9v and the motor makes a tiny movement but then it stops and the transmission never moves.

Not sure what to do, the transmission seems very smooth. All the gears are fine, no missing teeth.

8D322EDC-8438-4E6B-8E8C-732C1E51B4A7 (resized).jpeg
    #125 4 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

I rebuilt this transmission. I can spin it both directions with just my fingers.
    The motor works when I hook it to a 9v battery when it is not attached to the transmission.
    Once I mount the motor in place and adjust the gear play, I apply the 9v and the motor makes a tiny movement but then it stops and the transmission never moves.
    Not sure what to do, the transmission seems very smooth. All the gears are fine, no missing teeth.
    [quoted image]

Not that it matters in this case but the gearbox you have attached to the opto assembly is the Path of Adventure gearbox. The idol lock needs the longer shaft (they are the same internals though).

1. You say you can spin it .. you mean by the shaft right ?

2. Can you see the gear in the hole where the motor gear goes?

3. Can you try the other motor on this gear box ?

#126 4 days ago

"Not that it matters in this case but the gearbox you have attached to the opto assembly is the Path of Adventure gearbox. The idol lock needs the longer shaft"

Good catch! I looked at my pics and I think I selected that transmission because of the red sticker location.

1. You say you can spin it .. you mean by the shaft right ?

Yes

2. Can you see the gear in the hole where the motor gear goes?

Yes, I think the motor is too weak or under powered to spin it

3. Can you try the other motor on this gear box ?

I will try it tonight, good idea

#127 4 days ago

It does work fine with the other motor. It's completely smooth one direction, the opposite direction it makes a little noise. I doubt I will take it apart because I just assembled it and it looks perfect. Might be the motor that is making the noise.

#128 4 days ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

Generally to take advantage of the bulk buys at comet:

What color? The Sunlight Frosted is not an option. Thanks!

#129 4 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

What color? The Sunlight Frosted is not an option. Thanks!

Warm white for flashers is what you're after.

#130 4 days ago

I'm up to $476 on my Comet order. I don't see the translucent pop bumpers. Might need to skip those. Are the 5 SMD too bright for the start button?

#131 4 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

I'm up to $476 on my Comet order. I don't see the translucent pop bumpers. Might need to skip those. Are the 5 SMD too bright for the start button?

Oh yes... no need for 5 SMD. 1 or 2 SMD sunlight is fine. It's the flashers that are pricey... and if you are buying for more than one machine.

If you are just buying for indy ... it should be around 125 bucks (based upon my spreadsheet).

I was going to go with the translucent bodies... I opted not to. The white body glows nicely as well with those pop bumper LED discs.

#133 3 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

Remember, there are 2 voltages going on.

6v for most things, 12v for flashers (906, 89 etc.)

#134 2 days ago

I placed my order from Comet.

Getting too crazy near me and I live in a nice area. Yesterday a cop got in a car accident near a protest.

I found a new gear box for IJ for $99, might buy one even if I can get mine to work, just in case. I bet in 10 years there won't be any of the special parts available.

#135 2 days ago

I want to upload an iPhone video. Do I have to host it somewhere else?

#136 2 days ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

I want to upload an iPhone video. Do I have to host it somewhere else?

Yes. If you put a YouTube link in a post here, it will appear as an embedded video.

#137 2 days ago

Thanks Aaron. I mean A A RON

That's not the video I was going to post!

#138 1 day ago

I got the gear box working. It was binding. I made a 1/64” thick gasket.

I was going to put the gear box assembly into place, but I don’t know what the 3 recessed holes are for. They have Tee nuts on top of the PF.

C8CFB041-8AA1-48AF-80BF-19F6C5F90CC6 (resized).jpeg
    #139 1 day ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

I got the gear box working. It was binding. I made a 1/64” thick gasket.
    I was going to put the gear box assembly into place, but I don’t know what the 3 recessed holes are for. They have Tee nuts on top of the PF.
    [quoted image]

Those are the locations for the three 2” screws that hold the translucent idol base to the top of the playfield.

A63C7DFF-216C-4AEB-A089-E8719D67A524 (resized).jpeg
    #140 1 day ago

Thanks! Nice that you said they were 2" made them much easier to find.

#141 1 day ago

Got it in place

C66624D5-84EC-47D9-A72F-06D34836CFF4 (resized).jpeg
    #142 1 day ago

I bought this Cliffy protector in 2010

C519B213-1B05-4BF4-886A-53F2EA9E8F08 (resized).jpeg
    #143 5 hours ago

Comet order is here. And finally the Mylar from Germany ordered about June 1

CA5E2A12-B3E5-4CEA-B01C-DE6CEE821FB8 (resized).jpeg
    #144 2 hours ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

[quoted image]

That’s a lot of LEDs

#145 19 minutes ago
    Quoted from RCSP:

[quoted image]

Should be enough for a couple games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 23.25
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    The MOD Couple
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Tools
    PinDoc Restorations
    $ 9.95
    $ 38.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 45.99
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 145 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside