20240311_141734 (resized).jpg
IMG_6087 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6076 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6078 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6073 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I got 2 types of propellers available for the biplane. A longer one with a cone tip or a shorter prop with no tip. I’ve been working on the longer props but if you like the shorter version let me know. We can do any color you want including chrome. Thanks!
[quoted image]

That wooden prop looks sick! Sitting still like that I'd pick that one, no brainer. But are you saying that when the prop is spinning the chrome one has some optical effect that looks cooler than the wooden one?

#198 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

One last shot. Do you guys dig the cables? If you don’t want cables let me know asap...
[quoted image]

OK, that's pretty dope. I'll take my plane and prop like this.

1 week later
#371 5 years ago

I suppose if there is a question of fit, I should get the prop trim to be safe.

For my plane, I really prefer the earlier one with more tension wires than the more recent simplified one.

#404 5 years ago

So, does trimming the prop mean making the squared off version shorter or does it mean converting the squared version to the rounded version?

I haven't seen a wood colored, chrome tipped, rounded version, but I really liked the look of the squared prop with the wood and chrome tips.

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

At this point, I'm just trying to make the dang prop fit and spin freely. I don't have spare propellers to experiment with. If I try the "shorter squared off" look, I think the tip will look really big and fat compared to the rest of the blade. The blade before trimming, has this "fat section" in the middle. The tip is much smaller. If I trim the tip, we end up with the fat section being the tip. Not sure If I like that look.

I'm not trying to make a custom request, I'm just trying to get clarification. It sounds as if trimming means converting to the rounded look. I'm interested to see the rounded prop with your wood/chrome paint job (I'm assuming you'll be doing this for someone in the queue). If I like it, maybe I'll go trimmed. If not, I really like the look of the non-trimmed prop, so I'd likely stick with that. I'll screw around with the support wire if needed to make it fit.

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

No problem, Yeah, I'll be doing the trimmed rounded wood/chrome look for a few in batch 1. I can try to do the trimmed squared off look for you when the time comes

Again, I'm not asking for special accommodation. I just wanted clarity of what "trimmed" meant. I hadn't seen "rounded" being described, so I assumed that might be the trimmed version. Based on shape profile, I like the squared one better, but I'll wait to judge when I see a rounded one painted. If I like it better, I'll go that way. If not, I'll just take the standard full-size squared one that fits in your game. No need to experiment with additional shapes for mine. You have plenty of other moving parts in this project without needing to customize the size/shape for one random idiot (me).

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

As I prepare to wrap up Batch # 1, I must address the shipping of your planes. I don't have a digital USPS scale (or whatever it's called). The only way for me to know for sure how much each package is going to cost, is to make a trip to the post office right after work, wait in long lines, and have them weigh the package. Then I would request your payment, go back to the post office, wait in line again and ship your package.
Obviously, I'm not going to do that. I just don't have the time and it would be very impractical. So I will have to come up with some sort of flat shipping rate. Based on the USPS tags on each box I have received, most of your paid between $11.00 and $15.00 bucks. Some of you paid 12.00, some paid 14.99, some paid 10.99. I will have to come up with a fair flat shipping rate because I don't plan to make trips to the post office just to find out how much shipping is going to be for each box, except for BentlyBear and ShepP who live outside of the USA. For those 2 packages, I will get the shipping cost when I ship the other planes in Batch 1.
I will ship all of the planes in Batch 1 the same day. One trip to the post office and done. I will post the flat shipping rate later and start sending PMs with payment information. Thanks!

Personally I say charge everyone $15 for shipping if that covers your costs. If anyone is going to complain about you making an extra $2 or $3 margin for all the work you've put into these then they're as asshole.

1 week later
#539 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Thats Bad Ass cool. Real fighter pilot with spinning prop! Real plane instead of that POS that came with game!
Best mod on market right now!
Beating those now defunct ruins that never got made!

Uh...are you talking about the ones Lior made? I paid for the ramp cover and the ruins, but never took delivery (because of me, not him...I was stalling on picking colors until he made the mini-playfield as well). Are you saying he stopped delivering them to people?

#609 5 years ago

Shoot, I missed this entire Tiger Moth thing. Any chance you found another that I could claim? While I love the work you are doing to the original plane, it pails in comparison to your fighter and my anal side needs them to look like they came together.

1 month later
#852 5 years ago

I shipped my bracket.

#889 5 years ago

Hey Davi, I definitely want one of the airball protectors.

1 week later
#960 5 years ago

I was not looking to cause such a stir or put anyone out. I was just trying to give someone else a chance to get this cool mod and maybe jump up higher in line. I wasn't looking to short anyone for work completed.

As for why I'm selling it, I'd rather not discuss it, but certainly not out of any disrespect or desire to profit. I misspoke about the harness, I forgot it goes with the other plane. I'll just keep it, pay whatever is deemed fair, and sell it after the fact.

I respect everything Korn is doing with these mods, appreciate the enthusiasm he's putting into it, and certainly don't want to come off as disrespectful or costing him anything. I'll delete my other post.

4 weeks later
#1039 5 years ago

I have ordered and paid for harness, airball protector, and figures.

2 weeks later
#1146 5 years ago

OK, that plane you just posted is pretty dope! What "level" of camo is that?

My only concern is how does it match with the biplane that looks all pristine and glossy? The normal glossy fighter looks great next to the biplane because they feel like the same style. Do the biplane and grime fighter still look like they belong in the same scene? I'd love to see what the grime looked like with the gloss. If I paid something for a bit of your time, would you consider doing gloss grime on some spare parts to see how that looks?

4 weeks later
#1204 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I know I’ve gone a little silent for a while but trust me, I’m working really hard to finish your planes. I just feel I got nothing new to post and/or report.

I just figured you ran off with all our money.

Oh wait...you didn't collect any money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

14,000 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cheeks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service?tu=cheeks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.