IMG_1615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
Tom Petty (resized).jpg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0907 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1148 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Davi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 5 years ago

I have an issue about rear left leg of my IJ. Should I open a new topic, or post it in IJ thread?

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

They would just be looking at the info and not posting about it since all the postinf has transfered over here

I think Blitzburgh99 is right. Your 1st post is a key post, and based on this anyone can understand this mod, options, prices, leadtime and makes sense to add few pictures too. Unless you don't want more clients

#52 5 years ago

In fact they are able to scan anything, then print it.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Do any of you guys know if the flash drive on a Stern machine (Metallica) is the same concept as the Indiana Jones (Williams)? I would like to test the planes now on my Metallica but not sure if the flash drive works the same as it does on IJ....

I am not a Stern expert at all. But based on quick search (only for you ), seems Stern is running at 5V, while B&W at 20V.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4821

#56 5 years ago

One more thing... On a fresh playfield, 11629 coil is brutal, a real playfield and plastic destroyer. Prepare 11630 as backup. And you definitely need an anti-airball plastic above drop targets.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Which coil are you talking about? Yes, I have the airball plastic ready to be installed. Last night I went to bed at 3:00am trying to install the light harness! It took me 4 hours! My first time doing a full restore. Today I'll try to knock down the switch harness. I will not ship any planes until I fully test each one on my machine. So I better get this restoration done this week. Btw, Thanks for checking on the Stern info for me

I am talking about 11629 blue flipper coils.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Hi Davi - Can you tell me where I can get the anti-airball plastic that goes above the drop targets? Thanks

It's not available. I've decided to create a perfect design by myself, hopefully it will be ready in October (laser cut).
Interested? Let me know.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Looks like I may not be able to finish my restoration this weekend I just noticed the single drop target switch is missing the actuator arm! Probably snapped off during harness cleaning. Now I have to place an order for one. I’ll install the harness but I’m not sure if I should move on to the solenoid harness before replacing the switch? Is the machine going to give me an error message because the switch is missing the actuator arm? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Expect a credit dot linked to drop target. During startup, pin checks the drop target. Without actuator the drop target can't go down without ball hit.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I’m in for one. I know your design will be so much better.

Thanks. I am just looking for good solutions.
Seems I have to produce few more for folks at overseas

1 week later
#149 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I got 2 types of propellers available for the biplane. A longer one with a cone tip or a shorter prop with no tip. I’ve been working on the longer props but if you like the shorter version let me know. We can do any color you want including chrome. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Wow... Super nice!

#177 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You don't need to worry about getting the plane. I have lots coming in....

And the dude at other side of the globe doesn't understand why do you need tons of German plane in US

#214 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

We’ll figure it out.

What is the exact diameter of your propeller?

#219 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Just about 2 inches....
[quoted image]

Is this cm ruler?

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Measured the prop once more. It’s just a hair less than 3 inches. If it’s 1.5xx from the center it should fit just fine. If it hits my glass when I test it, I’ll shave them just enough to clear the glass. I honestly think that we are good here
If anybody wants to help out and measure their games please go ahead and do so. Again, this is a team effort!
[quoted image]

I can 3D print a demo propeller (like extended size washer) very quickly and test it if you wish.

#244 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Does anybody have any helpful tips on inserting the playfield back in the cabinet without scratching the sides? This is really giving me the creeps....Thanks!

Felt material, glue tape on one side. Onto the side of the playfield. Without protection, only a question of time when are you going to damage the sideart ( like I did).

Screenshot_20180915-210828_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20180915-210828_Chrome (resized).jpg
#250 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

That would be awesome! Yes please do....Thank you for your help Davi!

It fits under the glass. However, I think a smaller prop would be better, this looks oversized imho.

20180915_215116 (resized).jpg20180915_215116 (resized).jpg
#271 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

She LIVES!!!!!! Anybody know what this slam tilt stuck closed message is all about?
[quoted image][quoted image]

As it says
Slam tilt switch at coin door or at the bottom of cabinet is closed.

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Davi, I disconnected it and it went away. The problem is that the machine doesn’t fire any coils or flashers during test. Only the Idol and mini playfield rotate. The lights and GI work great. No error messages. But none of the coils get triggered! Any ideas?

Is the coin door closed (interlock switch)?

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Well to go into test mode the door must be opened.
When I fire fire up the game yes, the door is closed

Try it with closed interlock.

1 week later
#411 5 years ago

George shared with me his very limited, Legacy Edition.
Artificially aged paint, a true masterpiece!
Only today! Don't miss!
20180924_195319 (resized).jpg20180924_195319 (resized).jpg

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Tension wires and landing gear
[quoted image]

Nice job!
Have you ever considered to remove or replace the 2 big black holder to a narrow version?

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You mean the black spacers?

Yes. After your nice modifications, that black column looks a bit strange, too functional. Don't you think?

#449 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I agree with you 100% but I have no clue what I would use to replace the spacer with to be honest with you. Any ideas?

Let me try something, will be back in an hour.

#450 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Let me try something, will be back in an hour.

Just a quick idea on one side.

20180929_215856 (resized).jpg20180929_215856 (resized).jpg
#453 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

The smaller diameter spacer does look better but think it should be black.

Done, on one side

20180929_225539 (resized).jpg20180929_225539 (resized).jpg
#461 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Looks perfect!

20180929_233558 (resized).jpg20180929_233558 (resized).jpg
#463 5 years ago

Exactly.

1 week later
#517 5 years ago

George, please count me in for Batch 12!
For fighter plane, please add cockpit lights (not a single LED, but a micro LED for all instrument). For biplane, please add smoke generator, and tilt function.

Keep up the good job.

#531 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Cowling guns for me. Camo on plane. Pilot please. No swastika's.
Biplane with smaller wing spacers, landing gear, tension wires. Wood propeller and chrome nose.
I think Im batch 2, have not received payment request from Ricochet yet.
Are there more options i missed?

Quickest way:
https://www.kornfreak28planes.com/configurator

#533 5 years ago

Of course, this was a joke. Time to register this website

1 week later
#559 5 years ago

This is interesting. The original biplane looks like a masterpiece next to original fighter plastic (hard to call it plane).
George, your fighter looks like a pro next to biplane. Your improvement helps a lot on biplane, but now the fighter is in another league.

#603 5 years ago

I am in batch #12. I am so excited about next revision of fighter plane, I am sure that F-16 is going to look awesome!

#668 5 years ago

When the bracket is outside, this looks strange to me. Is there any reason to install it outside? See Koops's solution, the bracket is inside.

3 weeks later
#777 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Giving airbrushing a try
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice try. Kerry is right, cleaning is the name of the game.

2 weeks later
#873 5 years ago

My pleasure to announce a useful addition in this creative thread (approved by George ). I would not like to call it "mod", nowadays everything is a mod (light up everything, decal everything).
When I've installed my first airball protector on top of the center lock plastic, I've realized an issue about height of screws, and to be honest, the appereance of plastic over plastic was not the best way - at least for me.
So the idea came up: why not combine the plastic and the airball protector? 2 in 1: minimal height, minimal design.

From concept to reality, after many trials, finally, the latest design fits, and acts as airball protector. I am going to continue the test. As George explained this may solve a height issue at biplane installation.

I hope you like it

20181115_204344 (resized).jpg20181115_204344 (resized).jpg20181118_182012 (resized).jpg20181118_182012 (resized).jpg20181118_182117 (resized).jpg20181118_182117 (resized).jpg
#881 5 years ago

Thanks for nice words. At this moment, I have only one plastic, in my machine.
In case of interest, I will do a one time run, and send a batch to George. I think it's too risky to send this one by one (and expensive).
Price is depends of number of requests, I can't tell you the price first.

#887 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Bob,
You will order the airball protector from Davi. He will in turn ship them all to me and I will ship them along with your planes. Win win for all

Yes, please PM me about protectors. I wouldn't want to ruin his thread.

#894 5 years ago

Thanks for PM's; I will be back soon.

1 month later
#1037 5 years ago

I am in batch 12, so no rush.

#1066 5 years ago

Completely off, but I have to share it with George:
http://www.huszitoflipper.hu/bs-dracula-2016-december/

#1124 5 years ago

Guys, quick update here as well:

I have 3 good news about airball protector.

1. The first version was digitally printed, but I was not fully satisfied. It was nice, but I wanted to create the best available, that's why the complete process has been changed to ink-silkscreen printing. This is much more time consuming compared to digital printing: stencil for each color, color mixing, screen print one by one, and color by color.
The result: more vivid colors, better coverage.

2. Another good news, beside the quality improvement: I am not going to change the price.

3. "Oh my God, when this will be ready?" The answer is: the entire batch is ready, I am going to send out next week.

I have very few left, and that's it, this is the first and last batch. When they are gone they are gone.

Have a great weekend!

20190112_114459 (resized).jpg20190112_114459 (resized).jpg20190112_114601 (resized).jpg20190112_114601 (resized).jpg20190112_124750 (resized).jpg20190112_124750 (resized).jpg
#1131 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

How much are they and are they all spoken for? Thanks

PM sent.

2 weeks later
#1158 5 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

I've also been working on a side project which George kindly suggested I post a link here to...
Some new IJ pop bumper Caps. I've posted a little more detail on the main IJ thread, but basically these replace your standard pop caps and light up the macguffins. The set of three will be £120. The version here is the 'ruins' look, for those of you going for high detail. I'll also be exploring a more colourful transparent version to fit the more 'stock play field' look. Let me know if you're interested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice, well done! Can't wait to see the transparent version!

1 week later
#1185 5 years ago
Quoted from gac:

Been wanting to post pictures of my planes installed. Here are couple including Davi's plastic/airball protector.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pictures!

1 year later
#1674 4 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Batch 4 and plane customers: This is a “blink and it’s gone” opportunity to protect the planes from airballs!
I spoke to my good friend davi about making more “all in one” airball protectors for the 3-bank drop targets and he said he is willing to make another run for you guys!
This is the ONLY protector that works with my planes because it doesn’t raise the Biplane or Tiger Moth towards the glass like other protectors (that simply screw on top of the plastic, raising the biplane) do.
davi protector is spot on and works great. I will be the middle man for Batch 4. I will get the protectors from Davi and will ship them along with your planes to save on shipping unless you really need it now and want Davi to ship it directly to you?
Past plane customers and non-plane customers are welcome to order with Davi directly.
Please advise if you are interested in this protector asap. I’ll ask Davi to post pictures of it here. Don’t miss out!!!

Thanks - here is the link about protector. We are close to lockdown I think, so fingers crossed... I can't promise that the batch will be ready in short term, but I am on it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/78#post-4782735

Also, in Ricochet's thread, single drop target protector, 3 bank drop target protector:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indy-restoration-its-not-the-years-honey-its-the-mileage-/page/10#post-5554302
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indy-restoration-its-not-the-years-honey-its-the-mileage-/page/11#post-5559103

#1675 4 years ago
Quoted from plovis:

Definitely interested. Is it possible to order 2 of them?

No problem.

#1678 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Hopefully u can make the single target as well....might as well get both

The kit contains both plastic.

#1688 4 years ago

Davi
I would like a protector as well, my spare set is sold

Wait, it's me

Thanks guys for the intense interest!

#1694 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I said the same thing to Davi. ‘I’ll take 2 just in case.’ His response: put the one I gave you on. It shouldn’t break anytime soon.
He’s too humble. These things are much thicker and stronger. Plastics have come a log way since 1993.

If this plastic breaks, you have to worry about your house first. Earthquake is not funny
Seriously, in normal circumstances, you don't need 2, unless:
-You really like backups;
-You have a good pinhead friend, and use the spare as a gift;
-You really think about the future of your IJ, and would like to show the old and the ready to go new plastic to the potential new owner;
-You would like to support me.

#1717 4 years ago

Guys, about airball protector set, here is the pricing info:
The price of set is $35 plus shipping (same price as in 2019). Shipping is 10-12 USD, depends of location.
Based on requests linked to Planes, I won't charge any shipping cost, but send a pack of sets to KornFreak28 to save on shipping.
The plan is still the same: to create a batch in 2-3 weeks.

3 weeks later
#1742 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Guys, about airball protector set, here is the pricing info:
The price of set is $35 plus shipping (same price as in 2019). Shipping is 10-12 USD, depends of location.
Based on requests linked to Planes, I won't charge any shipping cost, but send a pack of sets to KornFreak28 to save on shipping.
The plan is still the same: to create a batch in 2-3 weeks.

...and the wait is over! The screen printed airball protectors are ready.
If you are an actual customer of KornFreak28 (planes, Batch 4), no shipping cost will occur at your end
If you would like to be in, PM me for further details (if you already mentioned your request, (based on your posts or PM) don't worry, I have a list, so no need to repeat your requests).

20200429_084222 (resized).jpg20200429_084222 (resized).jpg20200429_083448 (resized).jpg20200429_083448 (resized).jpgIJ_airball (resized).jpgIJ_airball (resized).jpg
#1747 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

...and the wait is over! The screen printed airball protectors are ready.
If you are an actual customer of KornFreak28 (planes, Batch 4), no shipping cost will occur at your end
If you would like to be in, PM me for further details (if you already mentioned your request, (based on your posts or PM) don't worry, I have a list, so no need to repeat your requests).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

50% is sold out.
A big thanks to all of you, especially to KornFreak28 for his offer about combined shipping.

3 weeks later
#1777 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I wanted to give a huge shout out to davi for pretty much saving the plane rescue operation.
Once Covid-19 hit, I was struggling to source Tiger moths for Batch 4. Even my supplier ran out of them. Luckily, I spotted a few on ebay from different sellers (at a much higher price) and that allowed me to work on the first couple of orders.
I thought about buying a different version that was available but I knew the Indy figures would not fit. So I turned to my good friend davi for help.
Luckily he was able to find a whole bunch of them for me and will be shipping them (along with the airball protectors) to me pretty soon.
Needless to say, I’ve been getting ahead of the game by working on all the fighter planes while the Tiger Moths arrive. Thanks davi I owe you one!

No problem - I am happy to help!
Packed and ready to go.

#1779 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

No problem - I am happy to help!
Packed and ready to go.

On the way!

4 months later
#1933 3 years ago

-Last call-
I have no more airball protectors as of now. Next run is maybe end of this year (earliest November).
The leftover is at KornFreak (2-3? sets) for his customers.

#1945 3 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

let me know when you decide to make some more.

Hopefully in November.

2 months later
#2027 3 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Hopefully in November.

Screen printed airball protector set is back in stock.
I am going to send a batch to Kornfreak28 soon.

1224904faefaa14e6fdb4c3af3492ecde7cd74df (resized).jpg1224904faefaa14e6fdb4c3af3492ecde7cd74df (resized).jpg20201220_192301 (resized).jpg20201220_192301 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#2055 3 years ago
Quoted from plovis:

Got my planes installed last night, and somehow they manage to exceed expectations. Korn's enjoyment and attachment to these planes are obvious given the incredible attention to detail and to the time and effort he takes to be sure they arrive to you in pristine condition (seriously, how long does it take you to pack these things?), not to mention the interest he takes to make sure that everything is working as it should. Couldn't be happier with the end result. Its just a blast to see the propeller action mixed in with the game play and going down a few rabbit holes for ways to really get them going. To everyone waiting, just know that its definitely worth it. Many thanks Korn!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry if I am wrong, maybe it's just the lighting - is the protective foil is still on the protector?

#2057 3 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I noticed the same thing bit wasn’t sure. It looks a little cloudy, doesn’t?

The removal of top one is a bit tricky, and sometimes it looks like there is no foil on it - but it's there.

1 month later
#2087 3 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Thanks Davi for the protectors. After a wait well worth it, the planes live. Really awesome work Korn and thanks for the tech support to help get them working to their full potential. Best mod ever.
Check out this video in action.

You are welcome. Make sure to remove the protective foils (both sides).

1 month later
#2212 3 years ago

A brand new repro from Pinball Center. Amazing workmanship, crazy details. Korn, it's time to close the business

Screenshot_20210412-212739_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210412-212739_Gallery (resized).jpg
#2213 3 years ago

Double post

3 months later
#2437 2 years ago
Quoted from stlmo:

Received my planes and installed them. The planes look absolutely marvelous. They are truly works of art. I have to say something about the service I received. I have never had a better experience in pinball. I received a number of texts asking how install was going and prompting me to test the functions. Turns out a previous owner had reversed the ruin and plane connectors on my machine. My planes worked but very seldom spun the props. Seller spent no less than 2 hours of his time examining videos I sent and sending back photos from his machine until I fixed connectors. UNBELIEVABLE kindness and service. Order these, you won’t regret it. THANK YOU for the awesome addition to my game!!!!
[quoted image]

The airball protector looks a bit cloudy - is the protective foil still on?

#2440 2 years ago
Quoted from TimBoch:

Foiled again
Seriouisly though, that airball protector has completely changed how my game plays. No more airballs and very predictable rebounds.
You 2 do some great work. Can't wait to get the planes and my spare airball protectors too.

Plus one vote for Mode Start Antidote... It's also a big improvement.

#2442 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Davi figured out what Williams engineering couldn’t! No more air balls! Hell, even the software has air balls implemented!

Yes, they were aware of the issue, and the code has a ball save function:
-hit drop target
-activate left outlane switch immediately
Then a new ball is served to shooter lane.

And no wonder why the tall ball guide is on the left side.

image-22 (resized).jpgimage-22 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2520 2 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I’m sure some of you won’t respond or won’t be interested anymore.

My experience:
90%: cool guy, quick response.
5%: slower response, but cool guy.
5%: "I am in" (many times), then once the stuff is ready, radio silence and my message is deleted based on Pinside system, while the guy is active in the forum. For some it's really hard task to click to "reply", then type "Sorry (optional ), I am not interested anymore".

1 week later
#2568 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

That would be interesting indeed
Just need to figure out the logistics, I'm based in France, so it might be better to buy a new set of rails and ship them for painting, but can't find them on Marco...

Send it to me, I am going to send a package soon to Kornfreak28.

#2574 2 years ago
Quoted from OTRChief:

Are you going to do more air ball deflectors and bulk shipping for batch 6?

~10 available at KornFreak28.

9 months later
#3029 1 year ago
Quoted from oopsallberrys:

I'm group 6 but I paid for an air ball protector back in August 2021 and didn't receive it...

I shipped on 2-Sep-2021.
The registration number was RR503652441HU.
Please check at USPS first.

10 months later
#3409 11 months ago
Quoted from EricInAlaska:

Can you post a couple photos of the Davi protectors?
I just PM'd him to try to get a set so they'll accommodate my Korn planes when I get them.

I will post some pictures soon.
(And maybe George and I will cooperate in order to avoid Europe-USA shipping cost for his customers.)

1 month later
#3447 10 months ago
Quoted from mmr61184:

Have any of you heard from Davi lately? I ordered a plane protector plastic from him about month ago and got it. We were going back and forth on which version I should buy since there is slight color variation. I decided to order the other one I reached out, her replied back I sent the money and haven't heard from him since. I am not worried that he screwed me I was just surprised I haven't heard anything especially how responsive he has been in previous exchanges.

I was on Holiday. No worries, your protector is on the way to you since 7th of June.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Barrie, ON
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

12,500 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Davi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service?tu=Davi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.