20240311_141734 (resized).jpg
IMG_6087 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6076 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6078 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6073 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 74.
#1 5 years ago

Ok guys so I decided to stop clogging the IJ thread with my plane mod posts and created this thread instead. Please check your information and confirm I have everything down. Some of you moved up the list because you shipped your biplanes rather quickly and I don't see the point in making you wait when I have your plane ready to get transformed. But not to worry, my plan is to work on the biplanes as soon as they arrive. So the sooner you ship, the sooner you get them.

Here is a quick summary for those of you interested in this mod:

You must ship your original biplane or buy a new one and ship it to me. They cost 35.99 at marco's. I also need the biplane bracket that holds the plane. You can send your original or buy a new one. They cost 5.00

I provide the fighter plane. You just have to pay what I paid for it which is 10.00 bucks plus the shipping I paid which is about $ 3.00 bucks.

You must decide between drilling out your fighter plane light board and ship it to me so I can fit it inside the plane Or order a new and improved LED harness from Ricochet and you get to keep your original plane intact.

The price to mod each plane is $ 50.00 bucks per plane. That includes, paint and clear, decals, motors, propellers, wiring and all that good stuff. You can save money on the biplane by sending in your original. Shipping will be calculated the day before they get shipped.

I ask for no money up-front until I have your planes ready to ship. Your word is your commitment! Yes, the mod is still available, however, right now you would go to the second batch of orders.

I'll try to knock them out as quickly as possible but the main reason why I'm not taking any money up-front, is because I just don't want to be pressured. I'm currently moving to a new house, finishing my IJ restoration, working my day job, spending time with my family and then working on the planes late at night. I feel much better just asking for payment once I have your planes 100% done and ready to ship rather than taking a whole bunch of payments from everybody and being under pressure to finish the orders and not providing a quality item. Each plane takes time!

I originally started posting in the IJ club thread. Posting pics and discussing all the details but some people started complaining about all the plane posts. This is the reason why I created this thread.

Any other questions, please feel free....

#2 5 years ago

Found it!
Looking forward to development and more awesome pics of planes!

#3 5 years ago
AC2D7A06-DF9E-4446-A3FB-8B5950A16E0F (resized).pngAC2D7A06-DF9E-4446-A3FB-8B5950A16E0F (resized).png
#4 5 years ago

I have an issue about rear left leg of my IJ. Should I open a new topic, or post it in IJ thread?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

I have an issue about rear left leg of my IJ. Should I open a new topic, or post it in IJ thread?

Your rear left leg is sexy. Just stop you attention hog!

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Too funny!

#7 5 years ago

CoPinfan, your biplane is almost ready and I'm currently working on your fighter plane. Please PM me your address so I have it ready. Fremen, I'm shipping your fighter plane tomorrow. We just need to arrange shipping of your biplane. Hawk, your fighter plane is ready, we just need your biplane....

I'll be posting here a bit more to communicate with you guys since we now have our own thread (no more cry babies)

#8 5 years ago

Just FYI for The new people on the list (Brett, Bentley Bear, and tonycip) I will be working on the planes in 2 batches. Batch # 1 is from Fremen to Underlord as they got on the list first. Once I get them taken care of, I'll move on to Batch # 2 which is you guys and any other future customer (cannot be one of the crybabies though )

If you want to order your harness from Ricochet, by all means go ahead, just understand I won't get to your planes until I'm done with Batch # 1. I'll try to work on them on a daily basis, been doing pretty good lately....Posting more pics of another fighter possibly tonight.....

#9 5 years ago

Maide, your plane just arrived....

407E6FB5-424A-46B3-8F60-C577932DCDDF (resized).jpeg407E6FB5-424A-46B3-8F60-C577932DCDDF (resized).jpeg
#10 5 years ago

Work begins on Maide’s biplane....

5F42105D-9E19-4B61-B5FA-C3EBB06C8675 (resized).jpeg5F42105D-9E19-4B61-B5FA-C3EBB06C8675 (resized).jpeg
#11 5 years ago

Painted and cleared!

DBB0EC18-CFBD-4176-AA25-F20D4069F4DD (resized).jpegDBB0EC18-CFBD-4176-AA25-F20D4069F4DD (resized).jpeg
#12 5 years ago

For CoPinFan’s fighter plane I extended the yellow tip a bit more. I’m going to try really hard to make each plane unique. I really don’t want to make them all the same. Nothing big just small details here and there. Pending a black prop with yellow tips, I think it looks great!

Alright, it’s Saturday, that’s it for today....

91B1F313-6077-441C-B921-E6DD50AD27CA (resized).png91B1F313-6077-441C-B921-E6DD50AD27CA (resized).pngA0CF7CD4-42DA-4C10-AE21-56B38A402705 (resized).pngA0CF7CD4-42DA-4C10-AE21-56B38A402705 (resized).png
#13 5 years ago

Making progress on Maide’s biplane

1A0976FB-D57B-4414-9820-B39368A715FE (resized).png1A0976FB-D57B-4414-9820-B39368A715FE (resized).png
#14 5 years ago

Decal work...

1532B233-B0BD-4ACA-8517-CBF1D33FE6BD (resized).jpeg1532B233-B0BD-4ACA-8517-CBF1D33FE6BD (resized).jpeg307028FA-9CCD-4178-AABF-FB5220AA5A5F (resized).jpeg307028FA-9CCD-4178-AABF-FB5220AA5A5F (resized).jpeg

#15 5 years ago

I found the thread Sorry I was busy with yard work cutting down trees. My planes will ship out on Monday.

Thanks

#16 5 years ago

Looks great!

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I found the thread Sorry I was busy with yard work cutting down trees. My planes will ship out on Monday.
Thanks

Cutting down trees! Cool!

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Making progress on Maide’s biplane
[quoted image]

That looks great!

#19 5 years ago

A pilot?

2F52A974-9CF7-4A2A-A996-D5DE57C28F38 (resized).png2F52A974-9CF7-4A2A-A996-D5DE57C28F38 (resized).png
#20 5 years ago

Just bought an Indy. Being delivered next week and these look phenomenal!! I am sure this is in the other thread but it is long and I am not in a searching mood. Are these still available and what do these cost? Really amazing work.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Just bought an Indy. Being delivered next week and these look phenomenal!! I am sure this is in the other thread but it is long and I am not in a searching mood. Are these still available and what do these cost? Really amazing work.

Thanks! Yes it’s still available. Your best bet is to visit the IJ club thread, the last page or so. There, you will find all the information regarding this mod.

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

A pilot? [quoted image]

LOL and that folks is when the Indy Plane Mod jumped the shark

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! Yes it’s still available. Your best bet is to visit the IJ club thread, the last page or so. There, you will find all the information regarding this mod.

So...you open a thread to stop clogging up the IJ thread with your plane mod stuff, then direct people back to the thread you aren’t wanting clogged up?

My suggestion: copy and paste all the information into an edit of your very first post of this thread. That will make it much easier for folks.

Carry on, Great work here. If I owned an Indy, you would be getting a plane sent from me

#24 5 years ago

That was meant for him to view the information in the IJ thread, not post in it.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

They would just be looking at the info and not posting about it since all the postinf has transfered over here

I think Blitzburgh99 is right. Your 1st post is a key post, and based on this anyone can understand this mod, options, prices, leadtime and makes sense to add few pictures too. Unless you don't want more clients

#26 5 years ago

Sure I’ll do a summary later today. Thanks

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

See the first post here. I included a summary of the information.

#28 5 years ago

Thanks for the info. Very reasonable price and I am in no hurry. I understand being busy. I will send you a direct message later this week. Congrats on the new house!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from skyrex:

Thanks for the info. Very reasonable price and I am in no hurry. I understand being busy. I will send you a direct message later this week. Congrats on the new house!

Thanks for your interest! Sure, send me a PM at any time. I've been working pretty hard, so I should get to batch # 2 rather quickly

#30 5 years ago

scooter8416 added to batch # 2!

Just FYI, in case you are on the fence, I believe Ricochet is only going to do one big order of LED harnesses. Contact him for more details

#31 5 years ago

Another thing I wanted to mention is the connection of the planes to your machine. I said this from the very beginning in the IJ thread. These are your planes and you can connect them wherever you like. My recommendation is to connect them to the flash drive, most preferably, the left ramp flasher connector. I'm using solid wire in case you wish to to use this connector has your power source for the planes. All you have to do is insert each of the wires into the connector so it makes contact with the pin. I'll provide more instructions when your planes ship out.

Now if you wish to connect the planes to a flasher socket then I can solder alligator clips for easy install. If you don't like alligator clips and wish to solder the wires to the flash socket let me know. Basically, it is all up to you. My idea is to connect both planes to the same source, that way they both spin at the same time which would look really cool. I should be done with my restoration this week and I'll be testing both planes in the same power source and see how it goes. You guys have to decide where you want to connect the planes to so I can either install or not install alligator clips. Using the GI or Insert lamps as your power source is NOT recommended.

#32 5 years ago

Harness Takers So Far:

brett
Maide
scooter8416
tonycip
shepP
Guzz4851
Psw757
CoPinfan
... and myself of course

I will start building this week at some point. Once I have the raw materials prepared and ready to be put together I will send my paypal info. Final cost will be $20.00 ea. If you feel that's too high please PM me. Like I said before... it's more about the time than the materials.

If you think you should be on this list and you are missing... please PM me! I don't want to miss anyone.

Added over 6 years ago:

+BENTLEYBEAR
+Ericpinballfan

(up to 11 harnesses now)

Added over 6 years ago:

+Cheeks

(up to 12)

I'm going to try and get these built this weekend (and shipped out to Korn by the end of next week)

Added over 6 years ago:

Two more...

hawkeyexx
nuhobby

Added over 6 years ago:

Ramjet

Added over 6 years ago:

keys88

Added over 6 years ago:

Jazzmaster

Added over 6 years ago:

skyrex
Bskinner46

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Harness Takers So Far:
scooter8416
tonycip
shepP
Guzz4851
Psw757
CoPinfan
... and myself of course
I will start building this week at some point. Once I have the raw materials prepared and ready to be put together I will send my paypal info.

Oh, I need to sign up for this... I'll send you a PM

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Harness Takers So Far:
Maide
scooter8416
tonycip
shepP
Guzz4851
Psw757
CoPinfan
... and myself of course
I will start building this week at some point. Once I have the raw materials prepared and ready to be put together I will send my paypal info.

Thanks for the update!

#35 5 years ago

Guzz4851, your biplane just arrived...let’s see what we can do with it....

16AE58A1-5A46-4478-A866-830FD4305CD4 (resized).jpeg16AE58A1-5A46-4478-A866-830FD4305CD4 (resized).jpeg

#36 5 years ago

Family movie night last night. Indy last crusade. My boy, 12, yells out. Those are the 2 planes in game dad. Why no blimp?
Ahhh....no room under glass son. How about a blimp topper? And do they always blow up?
Blow up?, not in this movie.
Very cute.
Id love to see a biplane with rear seat and gun and its tail all shot up.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Family movie night last night. Indy last crusade. My boy, 12, yells out. Those are the 2 planes in game dad. Why no blimp?
Ahhh....no room under glass son. How about a blimp topper? And do they always blow up?
Blow up?, not in this movie.
Very cute.
Id love to see a biplane with rear seat and gun and its tail all shot up.

Cool moment with your son! Believe it or not, I would love to incorporate something like that to the biplane. If only we could find a miniature Indy or a miniature Henry Jones, and a miniature machine gun and we are in business. I could easily do some type of modification to the tail to make it look all shot up

Thanks for contributing to the thread...I was beginning to think I was here by myself!

#38 5 years ago

Someone did this one a few years back on pinballmod.com

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Someone did this one a few years back.
[quoted image]

Oh yeah, now that’s a cool biplane isn’t? I think the miniature Henry Jones was hand-sculpted or 3-D printed though. If anybody can point me in the right direction we could probably make that happen

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Oh yeah, now that’s a cool biplane isn’t? I think the miniature Henry Jones was hand-sculpted or 3-D printed though. If anybody can point me in the right direction we could probably make that happen

Yeah pretty cool, Indy is up front piloting too!

#41 5 years ago

Might be worth asking lior, I think that website is over in Europe.

#42 5 years ago

Your plane mods look very nice! Sadly I no longer have an IJ to put them on. GLWS

#43 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I don’t think Lior has time to be making miniature henry jones to be honest with you. He is swampped with work plus he’s got the Idol ruins mod going on

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah I think they make all their mods from scratch. Way beyond my abilities

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I don’t think Lior has time to be making miniature henry jones to be honest with you. He is swampped with work plus he’s got the Idol ruins mod going on

They were selling those on that site at one point. I was just thinking perhaps he knew who it was.
Yours are just fine, it was just an over the top example i saw a while back.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

They were selling those on that site at one point. I was just thinking perhaps he knew who it was.
Yours are just fine, it was just an over the top example i saw a while back.

I once bought an Uncle Fester from them (super expensive) and to be honest, the quality wasn’t all that great. That’s just me though

#47 5 years ago

Got all of the LED mounts made! Doesn’t look like much... but glad they are done !!! They are drilled and cut from raw abs stock.

17FCF424-E0F5-4BDD-BC0A-370182BBD84B (resized).jpeg17FCF424-E0F5-4BDD-BC0A-370182BBD84B (resized).jpeg

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Got all of the LED mounts made! Doesn’t look like much... but glad they are done !!!
[quoted image]

Great! When are you going to stop taking new orders?

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Great! When are you going to stop taking new orders?

I've been thinking about that... I'm going to say the end of this week... if that sounds reasonable. I need a cut-off so you can get your stuff done too.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I've been thinking about that... I'm going to say the end of this week... if that sounds reasonable. I need a cut-off so you can get your stuff done too.

Sounds like a plan. If there are any new customers after you close the order, they will either have to drill out the light board or bypass it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 0.00
Lighting - Backbox
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

12,500 (OBO)
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 3,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service?hl=copinfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.