20240311_141734 (resized).jpg
IMG_6087 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6084 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6079 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6077 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6076 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6078 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6073 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 74.
#401 5 years ago

I just did my final test. I tested both planes hooked to the ruins flasher with the trimmed biplane prop. Very happy with the results! The modified prop fits and spins perfectly.

The best and most continuous spin you get hooked to the ruins flasher is when you lock a ball. You also get some when you plunge the ball and when you hit the single drop target. You also get some when you hit the ramps. I wish I could post a video....

The connection will be up to the user. I’m going to keep using the ruins flasher.
33A0B088-CE4B-4E90-8154-788900853C08 (resized).jpeg33A0B088-CE4B-4E90-8154-788900853C08 (resized).jpeg

F55A07D3-F661-4215-8C88-A04CDFDDF38A (resized).jpegF55A07D3-F661-4215-8C88-A04CDFDDF38A (resized).jpeg

D8922118-73BC-4DC8-B6BB-7CEA37A92BEF (resized).jpegD8922118-73BC-4DC8-B6BB-7CEA37A92BEF (resized).jpeg
#402 5 years ago

George,
I am at my lake house and will be going home this afternoon. When I get home I will measure the prop on my plane so you have something to work off for your Bi-planes. My prop misses the glass by about 1/16” and that was after I rounded the edges of the prop.
Bob Skinner

#403 5 years ago
Quoted from Bskinner46:

George,
I am at my lake house and will be going home this afternoon. When I get home I will measure the prop on my plane so you have something to work off for your Bi-planes. My prop misses the glass by about 1/16” and that was after I rounded the edges of the prop.
Bob Skinner

Sure, Thanks!

#404 5 years ago

So, does trimming the prop mean making the squared off version shorter or does it mean converting the squared version to the rounded version?

I haven't seen a wood colored, chrome tipped, rounded version, but I really liked the look of the squared prop with the wood and chrome tips.

#405 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

So, does trimming the prop mean making the squared off version shorter or does it mean converting the squared version to the rounded version?
I haven't seen a wood colored, chrome tipped, rounded version, but I really liked the look of the squared prop with the wood and chrome tips.

At this point, I'm just trying to make the dang prop fit and spin freely. I don't have spare propellers to experiment with. If I try the "shorter squared off" look, I think the tip will look really big and fat compared to the rest of the blade. The blade before trimming, has this "fat section" in the middle. The tip is much smaller. If I trim the tip, we end up with the fat section being the tip. Not sure If I like that look.

#406 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

At this point, I'm just trying to make the dang prop fit and spin freely. I don't have spare propellers to experiment with. If I try the "shorter squared off" look, I think the tip will look really big and fat compared to the rest of the blade. The blade before trimming, has this "fat section" in the middle. The tip is much smaller. If I trim the tip, we end up with the fat section being the tip. Not sure If I like that look.

I'm not trying to make a custom request, I'm just trying to get clarification. It sounds as if trimming means converting to the rounded look. I'm interested to see the rounded prop with your wood/chrome paint job (I'm assuming you'll be doing this for someone in the queue). If I like it, maybe I'll go trimmed. If not, I really like the look of the non-trimmed prop, so I'd likely stick with that. I'll screw around with the support wire if needed to make it fit.

#407 5 years ago

No problem, Yeah, I'll be doing the trimmed rounded wood/chrome look for a few in batch 1. I can try to do the trimmed squared off look for you when the time comes

#408 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

No problem, Yeah, I'll be doing the trimmed rounded wood/chrome look for a few in batch 1. I can try to do the trimmed squared off look for you when the time comes

Again, I'm not asking for special accommodation. I just wanted clarity of what "trimmed" meant. I hadn't seen "rounded" being described, so I assumed that might be the trimmed version. Based on shape profile, I like the squared one better, but I'll wait to judge when I see a rounded one painted. If I like it better, I'll go that way. If not, I'll just take the standard full-size squared one that fits in your game. No need to experiment with additional shapes for mine. You have plenty of other moving parts in this project without needing to customize the size/shape for one random idiot (me).

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Again, I'm not asking for special accommodation. I just wanted clarity of what "trimmed" meant. I hadn't seen "rounded" being described, so I assumed that might be the trimmed version. Based on shape profile, I like the squared one better, but I'll wait to judge when I see a rounded one painted. If I like it better, I'll go that way. If not, I'll just take the standard full-size squared one that fits in your game. No need to experiment with additional shapes for mine. You have plenty of other moving parts in this project without needing to customize the size/shape for one random idiot (me).

Yeah, I basically just shaved off the edges to prevent it from possibly hitting the wire form and/or glass. I think this is the safer way to go for most of you. I still think the untrimmed prop can fit but you would probably have to make adjustments. I'll work with you when I get to your planes.

#410 5 years ago

Fremen, please check your email......

#411 5 years ago

George shared with me his very limited, Legacy Edition.
Artificially aged paint, a true masterpiece!
Only today! Don't miss!
20180924_195319 (resized).jpg20180924_195319 (resized).jpg

#412 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

George shared with me his very limited, Legacy Edition.
Artificially aged paint, a true masterpiece!
Only today! Don't miss!
[quoted image]

LOOOOOLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!! You made me laugh so hard Davi!!!!!

#413 5 years ago

Does anybody have the ability to post a video here? I was thinking I could email the video of the planes to a volunteer and then for that person to post it here for me. Let me know....

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Does anybody have the ability to post a video here? I was thinking I could email the video of the planes to a volunteer and then for that person to post it here for me. Let me know....

I can. I just use youtube

#415 5 years ago

FedEx’s said their driver should of put it in a place that should not be noticeable. I measured my prop on my By-Plane and it is 2 25/64” wide and that will give you 1/8” clearance from the glass.
Bob

99D6D79F-C586-427C-AEA9-1F2370EFCE19 (resized).jpeg99D6D79F-C586-427C-AEA9-1F2370EFCE19 (resized).jpeg
#416 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

I can. I just use youtube

Let me send it to you, I don't have a youtube account and don't want to open one

#417 5 years ago
Quoted from Bskinner46:

FedEx’s said their driver should of put it in a place that should not be noticeable. I measured my prop on my By-Plane and it is 2 25/64” wide and that will give you 1/8” clearance from the glass.
Bob
[quoted image]

Thanks Bob!

#418 5 years ago

Airplanes in Action..... preeeeety friggin' cool!

#419 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Airplanes in Action..... preeeeety friggin' cool!

Thanks for posting! The prop still needs painting. That happens when you lock a ball hooked to the ruins flasher. They also spin at different times throughout the game

#420 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks for posting! The prop still needs painting. That happens when you lock a ball hooked to the ruins flasher. They also spin at different times throughout the game

MAJOR improvement dude! Having both planes with animation really makes a huge difference IMHO.

#421 5 years ago

Quoted from Ricochet:

MAJOR improvement dude! Having both planes with animation really makes a huge difference IMHO.

Thanks! You can also hook them to different flashers. My fighter plane has a customized 2 blade propeller. The 3 blade prop will spin even more!

#422 5 years ago

Harnesses are here!

389AB16E-B479-4F51-9248-544398728A8C (resized).jpeg389AB16E-B479-4F51-9248-544398728A8C (resized).jpeg
#423 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Harnesses are here! [quoted image]

Awesome video and happy to see the harnesses have arrived.......I paid for my harness. Thanks

#424 5 years ago

Every single harness in KFs possession is bought and paid for.

This means you:
brett
Maide
scooter8416
tonycip
shepP
Guzz4851
Psw757
CoPinfan
BENTLEYBEAR

Ericpinballfan
hawkeyexx

I’m working on the next batch. When they ship, the next set of folks will be notified.
-Jim

#425 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

Every single harness in KFs possession is bought and paid for.
This means you:
brett
Maide
scooter8416
tonycip
shepP
Guzz4851
Psw757
CoPinfan
BENTLEYBEAR

Ericpinballfan
hawkeyexx
I’m working on the next batch. When they ship, the next set of folks will be notified.
-Jim

I appreciate you guys doing these. Thank you!

#426 5 years ago

I need to ask you guys for a huge favor: As you all know, my playfield is still on the rotisserie. I’m waiting on some parts and stuff to put the finishing touches on it before I put it back in the cabinet. I gotta make some adjustments too. It may take a while....

Bob just showed us his prop barely clears the glass at 2 3/8”

Last week CoPinFan, Davi and Eric took measurements and they both agreed a 3” prop (or just a hair less) would barely clear the glass. Obviously, there’s a huge gap here between them. I need for you guys to measure and then measure some more and give me the feedback asap.

I can’t paint the props until I know for sure the props will clear the glass and wire forms. I wonder why there’s a huge difference between them? I need exact measurements and pics posted please. Thanks!

#427 5 years ago

Looks like just under 3” is the ticket.

That’s what she said.

I’m horrible.

#428 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Looks like just under 3” is the ticket.
That’s what she said.
I’m horrible.

#429 5 years ago

I tried the "short squared off" look on one biplane propeller last night. I really liked the results. Looks pretty much the same as the untrimmed version which is nice. The prop went from 3" to 2 3/4". This should fit every game no problem. I'll post pics later tonight. Been really busy these last couple of days.

#430 5 years ago

As I prepare to wrap up Batch # 1, I must address the shipping of your planes. I don't have a digital USPS scale (or whatever it's called). The only way for me to know for sure how much each package is going to cost, is to make a trip to the post office right after work, wait in long lines, and have them weigh the package. Then I would request your payment, go back to the post office, wait in line again and ship your package.

Obviously, I'm not going to do that. I just don't have the time and it would be very impractical. So I will have to come up with some sort of flat shipping rate. Based on the USPS tags on each box I have received, most of your paid between $11.00 and $15.00 bucks. Some of you paid 12.00, some paid 14.99, some paid 10.99. I will have to come up with a fair flat shipping rate because I don't plan to make trips to the post office just to find out how much shipping is going to be for each box, except for BentlyBear and ShepP who live outside of the USA. For those 2 packages, I will get the shipping cost when I ship the other planes in Batch 1.

I will ship all of the planes in Batch 1 the same day. One trip to the post office and done. I will post the flat shipping rate later and start sending PMs with payment information. Thanks!

#431 5 years ago

I'm anxious to see the planes installed soon, in the Batch #1 games!

Also, nice to see where wires are being routed and where the majority are placing them with which light source.

Great mods, for an amazing game!!!

Kerry (Batch #2)

#432 5 years ago

Assembly line....

0BAD833E-89B5-4A95-86C2-F012D3035C0F (resized).jpeg0BAD833E-89B5-4A95-86C2-F012D3035C0F (resized).jpeg
#433 5 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I'm anxious to see the planes installed soon, in the Batch #1 games!
Also, nice to see where wires are being routed and where the majority are placing them with which light source.
Great mods, for an amazing game!!!
Kerry (Batch #2)

Me too! Can’t wait for you guys to enjoy this mod as much as I have.

Working on a fighter plane at the moment. Thinking I could do the camo on each plane from now on but it would cost a bit more. Pics coming...

#434 5 years ago

Meet your new redesigned, squared off, wood with chrome biplane propeller

861B254A-F238-4869-B662-788C787C1A31 (resized).jpeg861B254A-F238-4869-B662-788C787C1A31 (resized).jpeg

#435 5 years ago

Tension wires and landing gear

CD233942-EE1A-4EC9-9992-504F62CF128E (resized).jpegCD233942-EE1A-4EC9-9992-504F62CF128E (resized).jpeg
#436 5 years ago

Those rops, landing gears and tension wires look awesome!!!

#437 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

As I prepare to wrap up Batch # 1, I must address the shipping of your planes. I don't have a digital USPS scale (or whatever it's called). The only way for me to know for sure how much each package is going to cost, is to make a trip to the post office right after work, wait in long lines, and have them weigh the package. Then I would request your payment, go back to the post office, wait in line again and ship your package.
Obviously, I'm not going to do that. I just don't have the time and it would be very impractical. So I will have to come up with some sort of flat shipping rate. Based on the USPS tags on each box I have received, most of your paid between $11.00 and $15.00 bucks. Some of you paid 12.00, some paid 14.99, some paid 10.99. I will have to come up with a fair flat shipping rate because I don't plan to make trips to the post office just to find out how much shipping is going to be for each box, except for BentlyBear and ShepP who live outside of the USA. For those 2 packages, I will get the shipping cost when I ship the other planes in Batch 1.
I will ship all of the planes in Batch 1 the same day. One trip to the post office and done. I will post the flat shipping rate later and start sending PMs with payment information. Thanks!

Personally I say charge everyone $15 for shipping if that covers your costs. If anyone is going to complain about you making an extra $2 or $3 margin for all the work you've put into these then they're as asshole.

#438 5 years ago

I'm happy to pay extra for the shipping because it takes time to box up the planes and drive them to the post office. The propeller looks awesome.

#439 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Tension wires and landing gear
[quoted image]

Nice job!
Have you ever considered to remove or replace the 2 big black holder to a narrow version?

#440 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I'm happy to extra for the shipping because it takes time to box up the planes and drive them to the post office. The propeller looks awesome.

i totally agree with his

#441 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Personally I say charge everyone $15 for shipping if that covers your costs. If anyone is going to complain about you making an extra $2 or $3 margin for all the work you've put into these then they're as asshole.

i totally agree with this

#442 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I also totally agree with this.

#443 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I also totally agree with this.

#444 5 years ago

Me 5, totally agree with this!

Quoted from KornFreak28:

Meet your new redesigned, squared off, wood with chrome biplane propeller
[quoted image]

Me me, pick me...Me totally wants that propeller, perfect final version.

And in regards to shipping. I almost commented yesterday charge $18 to cover gas and time. Not like I wasn't going to pad my bill when I get it.

#445 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Nice job!
Have you ever considered to remove or replace the 2 big black holder to a narrow version?

You mean the black spacers?

#446 5 years ago

Thank you all for the kind words! Yes, It will take time to box each plane in a way that it doesn’t move at all during shipping. I worry about the tension wires, the landing gear and the props. This is the reason why I requested LOTS of bubble wrap.

If you sent your plane from marcos directly to me, you had no chance to send extra bubble wrap. In that case, I will buy bubble wrap for you to protect the planes and that will be added to your bill. The main goal is for the planes to land safely in your machines

I’m still debating whether to leave the props installed or have you install them. You just insert the motor rod in the prop hole

I rather leave the props installed just because I would hate for you to ruin the paint job on it, (specially the chrome) when pushing the prop into the rod.

The chrome paint can’t be clear coated for protection because it turns grey! All the props are clear coated first and then the chrome tips are applied later. I tried protecting the chrome paint with clear coat a few times but it turns into an ugly grey. As long as you wash your hands and don’t press on the chrome too much, you should be OK.

#447 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

You mean the black spacers?

Yes. After your nice modifications, that black column looks a bit strange, too functional. Don't you think?

#448 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Yes. After your nice modifications, that black column looks a bit strange, too functional. Don't you think?

I agree with you 100% but I have no clue what I would use to replace the spacer with to be honest with you. Any ideas?

#449 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I agree with you 100% but I have no clue what I would use to replace the spacer with to be honest with you. Any ideas?

Let me try something, will be back in an hour.

#450 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Let me try something, will be back in an hour.

Just a quick idea on one side.

20180929_215856 (resized).jpg20180929_215856 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, OH
$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
25,000 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,688 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 74.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service/page/9?hl=fremen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.