IMG_1615 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1614 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0908 (resized).jpeg
Tom Petty (resized).jpg
IMG_0815 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0907 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1150 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1148 (resized).jpeg
There are 3,705 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 75.
#251 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

It fits under the glass. However, I think a smaller prop would be better, this looks oversized imho.[quoted image]

Thanks Davi!!! Well we got a lot smaller props in case anyone is interested Just let me know.

IMHO, The longer prop looks very good. The length gives it a really nice effect when the motor shuts off. The prop gradually slows down to a stop (which gives a really nice visual effect) instead quick short bursts from the smaller prop.

I have tested all kinds of props for months on my own biplane. The shorter props come to an immediate stop because they have shorter blades. This, IMO, doesn’t look as cool as the longer prop which keeps slowly spinning after the motor shuts off. This, to me, provides the most satisfaction to having these planes in your game....Trust me

#252 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Installing a playfield is a 2 man job .....its tough not to damage the sides. I removed my boards today and they will be serviced by Ardvark pinball.
What a nightmare of unorganized wiring.. [quoted image]

#253 5 years ago

Here are pictures of my Bi-plane. My prop is 2 7/16” long but 2 1/2” from corner to corner. As you can see I rounded the corners of the prop to shorten the radius to clear the glass. If you measure yours it’s going to be a little over 3” from corner to corner. I think everyone’s game is going to be a little different. I like the wooden prop the best and will sand it down and paint the tips of the prop white to make it work on my game

00ED2155-2BA5-4F50-85F2-67578F0671D2 (resized).jpeg00ED2155-2BA5-4F50-85F2-67578F0671D2 (resized).jpeg90688FCE-5A57-4B6F-A0E7-FC5914C52F59 (resized).jpeg90688FCE-5A57-4B6F-A0E7-FC5914C52F59 (resized).jpegBEA32A69-CF54-492B-BAF5-E8BB3CB38DBD (resized).jpegBEA32A69-CF54-492B-BAF5-E8BB3CB38DBD (resized).jpegE828B59F-E72D-4A7E-8CDA-CE3F52E9B104 (resized).jpegE828B59F-E72D-4A7E-8CDA-CE3F52E9B104 (resized).jpeg
#254 5 years ago
Quoted from Bskinner46:

Here are pictures of my Bi-plane. My prop is 2 7/16” long but 2 1/2” from corner to corner. As you can see I rounded the corners of the prop to shorten the radius to clear the glass. If you measure yours it’s going to be a little over 3” from corner to corner. I think everyone’s game is going to be a little different. I like the wooden prop the best and will sand it down and paint the tips of the prop white to make it work on my game
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the pics and info! I may have to do the same myself just to be the safe side. We’ll see. What tool did you use to round the edges?

#255 5 years ago

I used a Dremel tool with a fine sanding disk

#256 5 years ago

It’s hooked flasher#38

EBA58C4F-38FE-4D5E-A346-1D4CE788AC38 (resized).jpegEBA58C4F-38FE-4D5E-A346-1D4CE788AC38 (resized).jpeg
#257 5 years ago
Quoted from Bskinner46:

It’s hooked flasher#38
[quoted image]

Thanks!

#258 5 years ago

Brett, I got your shipment this past weekend....

Just FYI, I should fire up my IJ today (I got my fire extinguisher ready, no kidding) No sure if I'm more excited about finally finishing my restoration or about putting the planes to the real test!

#259 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Brett, I got your shipment this past weekend....
Just FYI, I should fire up my IJ today (I got my fire extinguisher ready, no kidding) No sure if I'm more excited about finally finishing my restoration or about putting the planes to the real test!

Hopefully all goes well and you can enjoy your hard labor of work restoring your IJ KornFreak28

#260 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Hopefully all goes well and you can enjoy your hard labor of work restoring your IJ kornfreak28

Thanks! I’ll post pics if it doesn’t catch on fire

#261 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Thanks! I’ll post pics if it doesn’t catch on fire

Lol!

#262 5 years ago

Best of luck

#263 5 years ago

It’s readyyyy

27B16B3B-32AF-475C-B3B7-A8C795D6ADF3 (resized).jpeg27B16B3B-32AF-475C-B3B7-A8C795D6ADF3 (resized).jpeg
#264 5 years ago

Fingers are crossed

#265 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Fingers are crossed

Thanks! Almost show time!

#266 5 years ago

Wished I was there to help......I enjoy working on pins just as much playing them.

#267 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Wished I was there to help......I enjoy working on pins just as much playing them.

If you ever need help just ask

#268 5 years ago

Any fire's?
Dying for an update.

#269 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Any fire's?
Dying for an update.

Almost there, just insulating the rotisserie’s angle iron so I doesn’t short anything. I’m leaving the PF on the rotisserie for now. There’s some metal to metal contact at the moment....after that, It’s ON! Stand by....

#270 5 years ago

She LIVES!!!!!! Anybody know what this slam tilt stuck closed message is all about?

3C9F6A6B-62F6-4617-8CAD-1EC64FC42A01 (resized).jpeg3C9F6A6B-62F6-4617-8CAD-1EC64FC42A01 (resized).jpeg5F7D3321-D0F9-40C7-9B53-117F67B8BCBD (resized).jpeg5F7D3321-D0F9-40C7-9B53-117F67B8BCBD (resized).jpeg
#271 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

She LIVES!!!!!! Anybody know what this slam tilt stuck closed message is all about?
[quoted image][quoted image]

As it says
Slam tilt switch at coin door or at the bottom of cabinet is closed.

#272 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

As it says
Slam tilt switch at coin door or at the bottom of cabinet is closed.

Davi, I disconnected it and it went away. The problem is that the machine doesn’t fire any coils or flashers during test. Only the Idol and mini playfield rotate. The lights and GI work great. No error messages. But none of the coils get triggered! Any ideas?

#273 5 years ago

I want to test the planes but I can’t without flashers!

#274 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Davi, I disconnected it and it went away. The problem is that the machine doesn’t fire any coils or flashers during test. Only the Idol and mini playfield rotate. The lights and GI work great. No error messages. But none of the coils get triggered! Any ideas?

Is the coin door closed (interlock switch)?

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Is the coin door closed (interlock switch)?

Well to go into test mode the door must be opened.

When I fire fire up the game yes, the door is closed

#276 5 years ago

Switches work great in test mode...

#277 5 years ago

The DMD works great but when I press start to check on the errors it goes dark. Then it comes back up again to attract mode

#278 5 years ago

Nevermind, I can see the errors now...I still don’t get why the damn coils won’t engage

#279 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Well to go into test mode the door must be opened.
When I fire fire up the game yes, the door is closed

Try it with closed interlock.

#280 5 years ago
Quoted from Davi:

Try it with closed interlock.

Yes I got them to work by manually pressing the interlock switch. Both the coils and flashers work. Now it gives me single target coil error. Let me see if I can start a game....stand by please

#281 5 years ago

Ok so I was able to play a really boring game, mostly due to the playfield being flat on the rotisserie.

One thing I noticed was one pop bumper not working at all. I’ll have to check on it tomorrow. A few errors I also got to take care of. Lots of lights are out. 2 on the freaking POA.

Other than that, it seems I wasted 25 bucks on a fire extinguiser!

I’ll make the plane connections a bit later or tomorrow and post results. It’s getting late over here.

Btw, Richochets LED harness works GREAT!!!! I installed the prototype just to put it to the test and I was very impressed to say the least. Great job Ricochet! Thanks Davi for all of your help!

C0A37625-2C71-4717-B6B5-6E0D721A483D (resized).jpegC0A37625-2C71-4717-B6B5-6E0D721A483D (resized).jpeg
#282 5 years ago

Please don’t tell me I have to remove the captive ball cage in order to install this target? There is little to no room for the screws!

B20367B1-5F3F-40EE-8CC2-EFC1D5F4F978 (resized).jpegB20367B1-5F3F-40EE-8CC2-EFC1D5F4F978 (resized).jpeg
#283 5 years ago

Plane test is a success!!!!! I hooked the fighter to the ruins flasher and its wonderful!!!! The prop spins at different times and also when you hit the single drop target. More testing to come! But it looks great so far!

FA6CC54E-7DB6-4546-A102-EDFA4BAEE21D (resized).jpegFA6CC54E-7DB6-4546-A102-EDFA4BAEE21D (resized).jpeg

FF0AEB70-6D4E-4E5E-86E4-E16540CFA806 (resized).jpegFF0AEB70-6D4E-4E5E-86E4-E16540CFA806 (resized).jpeg

#284 5 years ago

Happy to see people are willing to help when there are issues with pins... Fighter plane looks like a real plane

#285 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Happy to see people are willing to help when there are issues with pins... Fighter plane looks like a real plane

Yours will look better than mine. Mine has the screws on top to secure the original board. If you ordered Ricochet’s harness, the screws will not be necessary

Plus, the yellow tip makes the plane really stand out. Mine doesn’t have a yellow tip

#286 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Yours will look better than mine. Mine has the screws on top to secure the original board. If you ordered Ricochet’s harness, the screws will not be necessary
Plus, the yellow tip makes the plane really stand out. Mine doesn’t have a yellow tip

I did order Ricochets harness. Thanks for sharing the photos and the information.

#287 5 years ago

I just sent out PMs to some of you in batch 2 that have not responded and/or shipped your planes yet. There's people wanting to get on batch 3 right now. If you guys don't respond and/or ship your planes you will be replaced. Sorry but I need to keep moving.....and it's not fair for people that want the planes to be put on batch 3 when there is people on batch 2 that don't respond. The harness order can easily be switched over to another person since no payment has been made yet. I'll give you guys until tonight to respond. Thanks!

Cheeks
scooter8416
jazzmaster
inhomearcades

#288 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

I just sent out PMs to some of you in batch 2 that have not responded and/or shipped your planes yet. There's people wanting to get on batch 3 right now. If you guys don't respond and/or ship your planes you will be replaced. Sorry but I need to keep moving.....and it's not fair for other guys that want the planes to be put on batch 3 when there is people on batch 2 that don't respond. The harness order can easily be switched over to another person since no payment has been made. I'll give you guys until today to respond. Thanks!

Im a complete knucklehead. I am shipping today! At least trying to get home and box it up by 5 my time, and then race to post office.

#289 5 years ago

Im a complete knucklehead. I am shipping today! At least trying to get home and box it up by 5 my time, and then race to post office.

Please don't forget your mounting bracket, spacers, and hardware. Thanks!

#290 5 years ago

Ricochet, please PM me before you start requesting payments. Thanks!

#291 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

Please don't forget your mounting bracket, spacers, and hardware. Thanks!

Will do. Went and reread your email twice last night not to screw this up. Or, send a second package.

#292 5 years ago

Will do. Went and reread your email twice last night not to screw this up. Or, send a second package.

#293 5 years ago

Added a few more tension wires to CoPinFan’s biplane. Not all biplanes will have the same wiring pattern in an attempt to keep them as unique as possible.

This plane will now be fitted with the motor and prop. Now that I can test the planes on my machine, the planes will start rolling out fairly quickly.

E20E0B79-F189-4BF8-98E0-27DB7ABB3FFE (resized).jpegE20E0B79-F189-4BF8-98E0-27DB7ABB3FFE (resized).jpeg
#294 5 years ago

Bskinner46
Pacman

You are the first 2 on batch 3. Please advise if you would be willing to move to batch 2 and ship your plane asap. Thanks!

#295 5 years ago

Looking totally bad ass George! Damn I’m excited.

#296 5 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Looking totally bad ass George! Damn I’m excited.

Thank you!

#297 5 years ago

inhomearcades and jazzmaster have gone MIA. Haven’t responded to my PMs in a week. Their fighter planes just arrived yesterday and they are now up in the air. Those 2 orders are now cancelled.

This is what I get for trying to do things the right way I guess

Unfortunately, I may be forced to request payment a little earlier than expected because of this. There’s a few spots in batch # 2 in case anybody is interested! First come, first serve. Bskinner has taken one of those spots already. I’ll try to get at least 3 orders shipped this week. Back to work!

#298 5 years ago

For all you harness folks.... almost
all completed!!!

BC2271C6-CF88-447A-A48A-DC080241FD47 (resized).jpegBC2271C6-CF88-447A-A48A-DC080241FD47 (resized).jpeg
#299 5 years ago
Quoted from KornFreak28:

inhomearcades and jazzmaster have gone MIA. Haven’t responded to my PMs in a week. Their fighter planes just arrived yesterday and they are now up in the air. Those 2 orders are now cancelled.
This is what I get for trying to do things the right way I guess. I’ve been working really hard at this and this is not cool
Unfortunately, I may be forced to request payment a little earlier than expected because of this. There’s a few spots in batch # 2 in case anybody is interested! First come, first serve. Bskinner has taken one of those spots already. I’ll try to get at least 3 orders shipped this week. Back to work!

Contact me George and I’ll send payment to you if you want.

#300 5 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

For all you harness folks.... almost
all completed!!![quoted image]

Looking great when and where do I send payment?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,419.00
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 85.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 3,705 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 75.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/indiana-jones-plane-rescue-service/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.